Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Jon Oliva's Pain News!

Go down 
+3
kmorg
Smindas
mc666
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage

Jon Oliva's Pain News! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jon Oliva's Pain News!   Jon Oliva's Pain News! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 23, 2007 6:51 pm

Locky wrote:
Quote :
TSO has become a year-round responsibility for all of us and the future looks to be increasingly more demanding. Therefore, it is not possible for us to shut down this massive operation in order to perform SAVATAGE shows.
I can't understand this really, because they all have (touring) side projects on the go. If Oliva, Caffrey and Stevens weren't doing solo stuff (all of which are good, but essentially watered down versions of Savatage), there'd be time for the main band..
I can actually understand how TSO would become a year-round business. I mean, the holiday season runs from November to January, and they tour this time. It must take at least three months to prepare for the tour, probably more. And the rest of the year is all business.

I mean (and this is why I bring this up now), I have seen their music shown in multiple commercials this year. A beer commercial for one (Miller, I think), and just now I hear the NFL using their music. Those are two big, high paying companies. TSO is most definitely a full-time business, or at least something that occupies all their time outside of their other bands (not including Savatage).

You also have to wonder how all these uptight geezers who love TSO would react if they found out that TSO is essentially some "trashy doesn't-deserve-their-respect-or-money metal band." I could see a good number of these uppity turds showing disgust over this fact. Haha. So it may also be a business decision, and a wise one at that, even if it sucks for us.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Jon Oliva's Pain News!   Jon Oliva's Pain News! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 23, 2007 7:41 pm

Eyesore wrote:
So it may also be a business decision, and a wise one at that, even if it sucks for us.

True and as you state a wise one, I love the TSO material too, I just can't accept the possible news of no more releases under the Savatage banner, that info addeded to finding out Santa doesn't exist is destroying me.

Back to top Go down
Tall Tyrion
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Tall Tyrion

Number of posts : 3367

PostSubject: Re: Jon Oliva's Pain News!   Jon Oliva's Pain News! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 23, 2007 10:02 pm

kmorg wrote:

Jon will never admit this, but I am willing to bet my future grave that Paul owns the Savatage name.....

That's what I've always thought as well. It's the only thing that makes sense.

But hey, JOP is just fine with me. Bring it on! 🤘
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Jon Oliva's Pain News!   Jon Oliva's Pain News! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 24, 2007 11:17 am

I would love to meet Jon. More than any other rocker, probably.
Back to top Go down
Smindas
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

Number of posts : 2546

PostSubject: Re: Jon Oliva's Pain News!   Jon Oliva's Pain News! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 24, 2007 11:40 am

SoldierUnderCommand wrote:
I got to meet him at this year's Progpower UK. He signed my Hall of the Mountain King. Probably one of the best moments ever.

PostSubject: Re: Jon Oliva's Pain News!   Jon Oliva's Pain News! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 24, 2007 11:49 am

I've never heard anybody say that anybody in Savatage was ever a jerk to them, even the replacements. It's like they demanded treating the fans well.

I hear they might play Progpower again.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Jon Oliva's Pain News!   Jon Oliva's Pain News! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 24, 2007 12:32 pm

I've never heard anybody say that anybody in Savatage was ever a jerk to them, even the replacements. It's like they demanded treating the fans well.

I hear they might play Progpower again.
I've only met Chris Caffery and he was awesome. I've even spoken to him a few times on e-mail and he seems like a great guy.

And he's an awesome frontman. Very cool to see live.
Back to top Go down
Tall Tyrion
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Tall Tyrion

Number of posts : 3367

PostSubject: Re: Jon Oliva's Pain News!   Jon Oliva's Pain News! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 24, 2007 12:51 pm

I'll bet you could swing that, is he still living in FLA? I wonder if Jake could hook you up, he did that video interview with Jon/JOP awhile back.

Are you planning to head back to FLA anytime soon?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Jon Oliva's Pain News!   Jon Oliva's Pain News! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 24, 2007 3:06 pm

Tall Tyrion wrote:

I'll bet you could swing that, is he still living in FLA? I wonder if Jake could hook you up, he did that video interview with Jon/JOP awhile back.

Are you planning to head back to FLA anytime soon?

Yep, been back about 5 weeks. Next show they play in Palm Harbor, I'll meet him. Then again, I have no clue where I'll be in 3 weeks.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

PostSubject: Re: Jon Oliva's Pain News!   Jon Oliva's Pain News! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 24, 2007 4:29 pm

I'll be happy with some new tunes from Jon.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Jon Oliva's Pain News!   Jon Oliva's Pain News! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 24, 2007 10:15 pm

I've never heard anybody say that anybody in Savatage was ever a jerk to them

I had a customer one time who said he met Jon and that he was a jerk. I think maybe since the guy wasn't really a Savatage fan had something to do with it though.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb

PostSubject: Re: Jon Oliva's Pain News!   Jon Oliva's Pain News! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 24, 2007 10:20 pm

I've never heard anything but Jon had a heart of gold. Why would this person even care about meeting him then?
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Jon Oliva's Pain News!   Jon Oliva's Pain News! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 24, 2007 10:44 pm

I've never heard anything but Jon had a heart of gold. Why would this person even care about meeting him then?

I can't remember but then again the guy could have been a jerk or something. I had this customer over 3 years ago so my memory of his story is a little fuzzy, I just remember him saying Jon was a kind of a jerk (I don't doubt that Jon is a cool guy and would one day love to meet him).
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Jon Oliva's Pain News!   Jon Oliva's Pain News! - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Jon Oliva's Pain News!
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2