Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Former Hendrix Roadie Claims Jimi Was Murdered By His Manager

Go down 
+11
MetalGuy71
Addy
Onkel Ben
sam
XYZ
thejokeriv
DeathCult
candlemass
manny
Troublezone
akeldama
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
akeldama
Metal is Forever
akeldama

Number of posts : 7831

Former Hendrix Roadie Claims Jimi Was Murdered By His Manager Empty
PostSubject: Former Hendrix Roadie Claims Jimi Was Murdered By His Manager   Former Hendrix Roadie Claims Jimi Was Murdered By His Manager Icon_minitimeTue Jun 02, 2009 12:18 am

http://www.bravewords.com/news/114734

Quote:

Rock Hard
JIMI HENDRIX "Was Murdered" By His Manager, Claims Roadie
Posted on Saturday, May 30, 2009 at 19:44:12 EST

Dailymail.co.uk is reporting:

Rock legend JIMI HENDRIX was murdered by his manager as part of an insurance scam, a new book by one of former aides claims.

Hendrix choked to death on his own vomit when he was 27 – but the exact circumstances of his death have always been a mystery.

Now James ‘Tappy’ Wright, one of the rock star’s roadies, claims that Hendrix’s manager, Michael Jeffery, confessed to killing him. Jeffery is said to have made a drunken confession a year after the star’s death in September 1970.

An ambulance crew found Hendrix’s body in the Samarkand Hotel in West London, in the room of Monika Dannemann, a girl he had known for just a few days.

Wright claims Jeffery was worried that Hendrix was preparing to find a new manager when their deal was due to end in December 1970. According to Wright, Jeffery said he went to the hotel room and stuffed Hendrix full of pills and wine.

The book, called Rock Roadie, out next month, recalls Wright’s life with various rock stars during the Sixties, including TINA TURNER and ELVIS PRESLEY.

In it, Wright claims Jeffery, who was married to actress Gillian French, made the confession at his apartment in 1971, two years before he died in a plane crash.

He writes: "I can still hear that conversation, see the man I’d known for so much of my life, his face pale, hand clutching at his glass in sudden rage."

He says Jeffery told him: "I had to do it, Tappy. You understand, don’t you? I had to do it. You know damn well what I’m talking about."

He quotes Jeffery as saying: "I was in London the night of Jimi’s death and together with some old friends ...we went round to Monika’s hotel room, got a handful of pills and stuffed them into his mouth ...then poured a few bottles of red wine deep into his windpipe.

‘I had to do it. Jimi was worth much more to me dead than alive. That son of a smurfette was going to leave me. If I lost him, I’d lose everything."
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17068

PostSubject: Re: Former Hendrix Roadie Claims Jimi Was Murdered By His Manager   Former Hendrix Roadie Claims Jimi Was Murdered By His Manager Icon_minitimeTue Jun 02, 2009 12:55 am

File this with the Kurt Cobain conspiracy.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Former Hendrix Roadie Claims Jimi Was Murdered By His Manager   Former Hendrix Roadie Claims Jimi Was Murdered By His Manager Icon_minitimeTue Jun 02, 2009 9:07 am

This roadie has had this information and waited 39 years after the death of Jimi Hendrix to reveal this startling revealtion. This guy is full of sh!t and the book isn't worthy enough to use as toliet paper.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Former Hendrix Roadie Claims Jimi Was Murdered By His Manager   Former Hendrix Roadie Claims Jimi Was Murdered By His Manager Icon_minitimeTue Jun 02, 2009 9:11 am

I heard El Duce killed Jimi Hendrix.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17068

PostSubject: Re: Former Hendrix Roadie Claims Jimi Was Murdered By His Manager   Former Hendrix Roadie Claims Jimi Was Murdered By His Manager Icon_minitimeTue Jun 02, 2009 9:25 am

SpectreFate wrote:
I heard El Duce killed Jimi Hendrix.

Everyone knows Eric Clapton killed him.
Back to top Go down
candlemass
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

Number of posts : 2096

PostSubject: Re: Former Hendrix Roadie Claims Jimi Was Murdered By His Manager   Former Hendrix Roadie Claims Jimi Was Murdered By His Manager Icon_minitimeTue Jun 02, 2009 9:26 am

Troublezone wrote:
File this with the Kurt Cobain conspiracy.

...and Morrison....
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/fragilegothband
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: Former Hendrix Roadie Claims Jimi Was Murdered By His Manager   Former Hendrix Roadie Claims Jimi Was Murdered By His Manager Icon_minitimeTue Jun 02, 2009 10:03 am

For anyone who says acid doesnt sit in your brain and make you trip out years later...here's your proof.
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
akeldama
Metal is Forever
akeldama

PostSubject: Re: Former Hendrix Roadie Claims Jimi Was Murdered By His Manager   Former Hendrix Roadie Claims Jimi Was Murdered By His Manager Icon_minitimeTue Jun 02, 2009 11:13 am

manny wrote:
This roadie has had this information and waited 39 years after the death of Jimi Hendrix to reveal this startling revealtion. This guy is full of sh!t and the book isn't worthy enough to use as toliet paper.

I like it when you say things so eloquently, manny. I agree.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Former Hendrix Roadie Claims Jimi Was Murdered By His Manager   Former Hendrix Roadie Claims Jimi Was Murdered By His Manager Icon_minitimeTue Jun 02, 2009 1:11 pm

Cobain and Jimi are living with Elvis on a tropical island somewhere in the south pacific
Back to top Go down
XYZ
Card-carrying Van Halen Freak
XYZ

Number of posts : 2600

PostSubject: Re: Former Hendrix Roadie Claims Jimi Was Murdered By His Manager   Former Hendrix Roadie Claims Jimi Was Murdered By His Manager Icon_minitimeTue Jun 02, 2009 1:29 pm

thejokeriv wrote:
Cobain and Jimi are living with Elvis on a tropical island somewhere in the south pacific playing golf with Jim Morrison.

Fixed
Back to top Go down
sam
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
sam

Number of posts : 3012

PostSubject: Re: Former Hendrix Roadie Claims Jimi Was Murdered By His Manager   Former Hendrix Roadie Claims Jimi Was Murdered By His Manager Icon_minitimeTue Jun 02, 2009 4:53 pm

thejokeriv wrote:
Cobain and Jimi are living with Elvis on a tropical island somewhere in the south pacific

Actually they all went home. Former Hendrix Roadie Claims Jimi Was Murdered By His Manager 309780
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/samthebrutal
Onkel Ben
Metal novice
Metal novice
Onkel Ben

Number of posts : 42

PostSubject: Re: Former Hendrix Roadie Claims Jimi Was Murdered By His Manager   Former Hendrix Roadie Claims Jimi Was Murdered By His Manager Icon_minitimeSat Jun 06, 2009 7:05 am

Yes, because the best way to make money would have been to kill Hendrix..........
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

PostSubject: Re: Former Hendrix Roadie Claims Jimi Was Murdered By His Manager   Former Hendrix Roadie Claims Jimi Was Murdered By His Manager Icon_minitimeTue Jun 09, 2009 8:22 am

Not to get off topic could you imagine the music Jimi and Jim Morrison could have been making (respectively) had they still been alive?
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com

PostSubject: Re: Former Hendrix Roadie Claims Jimi Was Murdered By His Manager   Former Hendrix Roadie Claims Jimi Was Murdered By His Manager Icon_minitimeTue Jun 09, 2009 8:24 am

Addy wrote:
Not to get off topic could you imagine the music Jimi and Jim Morrison could have been making (respectively) had they still been alive?

Maybe. Would anyone have dreamed of the music Eric Clapton would make in his later career? I think Jimi and Jim would have mellowed too.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: Former Hendrix Roadie Claims Jimi Was Murdered By His Manager   Former Hendrix Roadie Claims Jimi Was Murdered By His Manager Icon_minitimeTue Jun 09, 2009 8:37 am

SpectreFate wrote:
Addy wrote:

Maybe. Would anyone have dreamed of the music Eric Clapton would make in his later career? I think Jimi and Jim would have mellowed too.

I have no idea what kind of music Hendrix would have done if he had lived, but I am sure Spec is correct in that at some point he might have explored a mellower direction from time to time.

As far as Jim Morrison, for all that I have read on Jim Morrison, I think that if he had lived he would have been the J.D. Salinger of the rock world. He would have retreated from rock stardom, written books of poetry and completely disappear. An occassion rumor of a Doors reunion would surface but would never happen.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Former Hendrix Roadie Claims Jimi Was Murdered By His Manager   Former Hendrix Roadie Claims Jimi Was Murdered By His Manager Icon_minitimeTue Jun 09, 2009 10:43 am

SpectreFate wrote:
Addy wrote:

I'm in agreement here too. Noone, living or dead, from that era (mid/late 60's hippie/Woodstock generation) is making quality music anymore. Paul McCartney was a frickin' Beatle and hasn't done anything noteworthy since 1982. Even if they are putting out new music, noone is buying it and radio isn't playing it. If they are touring, it's a 'Greatest Hits' package. Noone want to hear new material from Crosby Stills & Nash. They all want 'Suite: Judy Blue Eyes'. Hendrix, Joplin and Morrison would all be in the same boat, touring with Ringo Starr's All-Star band, playing county fairs and "oldies" shows. They've all become irrelevent, sad but true.

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Former Hendrix Roadie Claims Jimi Was Murdered By His Manager   Former Hendrix Roadie Claims Jimi Was Murdered By His Manager Icon_minitimeTue Jun 09, 2009 10:46 am

Quote :
As far as Jim Morrison, for all that I have read on Jim Morrison, I think that if he had lived he would have been the J.D. Salinger of the rock world. He would have retreated from rock stardom, written books of poetry and completely disappear. An occassion rumor of a Doors reunion would surface but would never happen

Just substitute "Jim Morrison" with Axl Rose and "Doors" with Guns n' Roses. Laughing very hard

PostSubject: Re: Former Hendrix Roadie Claims Jimi Was Murdered By His Manager   Former Hendrix Roadie Claims Jimi Was Murdered By His Manager Icon_minitimeTue Jun 09, 2009 10:48 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Quote :
As far as Jim Morrison, for all that I have read on Jim Morrison, I think that if he had lived he would have been the J.D. Salinger of the rock world. He would have retreated from rock stardom, written books of poetry and completely disappear. An occassion rumor of a Doors reunion would surface but would never happen

Just substitute "Jim Morrison" with Axl Rose and "Doors" with Guns n' Roses. Laughing very hard

I think it'd be more like substitute Jim for Paul Dianno and the Doors with Iron Maiden. All the interviewers would hound him about his days with the Doors. Smile
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: Former Hendrix Roadie Claims Jimi Was Murdered By His Manager   Former Hendrix Roadie Claims Jimi Was Murdered By His Manager Icon_minitimeTue Jun 09, 2009 11:02 am

SpectreFate wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:
Quote :

I think it'd be more like substitute Jim for Paul Dianno and the Doors with Iron Maiden. All the interviewers would hound him about his days with the Doors. Smile

That already has happened to the surviving Doors, for the last 38 years they have to answer questions about Jim Morrison and their career as The Doors.
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Former Hendrix Roadie Claims Jimi Was Murdered By His Manager   Former Hendrix Roadie Claims Jimi Was Murdered By His Manager Icon_minitimeFri Jun 12, 2009 3:07 pm

Good thread, lots of interesting points to ponder. Peace.
Back to top Go down
Am I Evil?
Metal student
Metal student
Am I Evil?

Number of posts : 239

PostSubject: Re: Former Hendrix Roadie Claims Jimi Was Murdered By His Manager   Former Hendrix Roadie Claims Jimi Was Murdered By His Manager Icon_minitimeMon Jun 15, 2009 1:13 pm

I could care less.I think that hendrix is over rated.Heck even malmsteen thinks it.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: Former Hendrix Roadie Claims Jimi Was Murdered By His Manager   Former Hendrix Roadie Claims Jimi Was Murdered By His Manager Icon_minitimeMon Jun 15, 2009 4:24 pm

Am I Evil? wrote:
I could care less.I think that hendrix is over rated.Heck even malmsteen thinks it.

Jesus H Christ!!!!! Hendrix is not overrated and of course Malmsteen thinks Hendrix is overrated, he thinks everyone is overrated and that he is second coming of Bach.
Back to top Go down
akeldama
Metal is Forever
akeldama

PostSubject: Re: Former Hendrix Roadie Claims Jimi Was Murdered By His Manager   Former Hendrix Roadie Claims Jimi Was Murdered By His Manager Icon_minitimeMon Jun 15, 2009 5:06 pm

Am I Evil? wrote:

For thinking Jimi is overrated Yngwie sure did butcher "Voodoo Child (Slight Return) during the G3 tour.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Former Hendrix Roadie Claims Jimi Was Murdered By His Manager   Former Hendrix Roadie Claims Jimi Was Murdered By His Manager Icon_minitimeMon Jun 15, 2009 6:05 pm

Am I Evil? wrote:

Laughing very hard Former Hendrix Roadie Claims Jimi Was Murdered By His Manager 647664 Former Hendrix Roadie Claims Jimi Was Murdered By His Manager 627712
Back to top Go down
Am I Evil?
Metal student
Metal student
Am I Evil?

Number of posts : 239

PostSubject: Re: Former Hendrix Roadie Claims Jimi Was Murdered By His Manager   Former Hendrix Roadie Claims Jimi Was Murdered By His Manager Icon_minitimeMon Jun 15, 2009 6:27 pm

My point was malmsteen is overrated him self.I never like jimi out side of purple haze and Spanish castle music.he isn't very talented.I can play most of his songs,and i've only been playing for 3 or 4 months now.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Former Hendrix Roadie Claims Jimi Was Murdered By His Manager   Former Hendrix Roadie Claims Jimi Was Murdered By His Manager Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Former Hendrix Roadie Claims Jimi Was Murdered By His Manager
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next