Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Jimi Hendrix- Blues

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage

Jimi Hendrix- Blues Empty
PostSubject: Jimi Hendrix- Blues   Jimi Hendrix- Blues Icon_minitimeTue Jun 08, 2010 8:35 am

I know theres a Hendrix thread already, but I didn't really want to bump it, so I made a new topic to discuss Jimi's Blues album.

I personally think it's just simply amazing, just like all his other work.

Your thoughts about it vs other albums of his?
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Jimi Hendrix- Blues   Jimi Hendrix- Blues Icon_minitimeTue Jun 08, 2010 8:46 am

It is an amazing album. Hendrix has always had a major blues influence to his playing, so it's no surprise that some of his more bluesy numbers were compiled together and released.

mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Jimi Hendrix- Blues   Jimi Hendrix- Blues Icon_minitimeTue Jun 08, 2010 8:49 am

I think it is a great album and one of the last that Alan Douglas who for the most part IMO almost destroyed Hendrix's reputation by putting out not so great albums after his death.

This comp is one of the few times that Douglas got it right by making an album of original blues compostions of Hendrix, along with a few cover tunes that show you clearly the roots of this young genius.

This album is so well done that the Hendrix family/estate did not delete this album from the official Hendrix discography when they took over the reissue and care of his music, also I should add they have done an excellent job on both the reissues and putting together material that was released after his death and making sense of his music and legacy
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Jimi Hendrix- Blues   Jimi Hendrix- Blues Icon_minitimeTue Jun 08, 2010 11:17 am

This was the first (and for a long time the only) album that I owned by Hendrix on cd. I still have my father's original vinyl copy of Are You Experienced? though.

I enjoy it very much. The blues is my second favorite genre of music after metal, so this album was a welcome addition to my collection. Still gets frequent spins to this day after I bought it as a new relase many moons ago.

PostSubject: Re: Jimi Hendrix- Blues   Jimi Hendrix- Blues Icon_minitimeTue Jun 08, 2010 12:04 pm

It's the only Hendrix album I listen to all the way through.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Jimi Hendrix- Blues   Jimi Hendrix- Blues Icon_minitimeTue Jun 08, 2010 12:14 pm

If you guys like the Blues album you really need to check out some of the Dagger Records releases of Hendrix studio material. (Dagger is a spinoff from Experience Hendrix Ltd)

http://www.daggerrecords.com/discography.html

The releases from that label that really kick my ass...

Hear My Music - 66 minutes of Instrumental Hendrix, doesn't get much better.

Burning Desire - more instrumental goodness, includes a 20 minute jam on Ezy Rider.

Baggy's Rehearsal Sessions - This is the Band Of Gypsys, a rehearsal session recorded 2 weeks before their legendary New Years Eve concert.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Jimi Hendrix- Blues   Jimi Hendrix- Blues Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Jimi Hendrix- Blues
Page 1 of 1