Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Forced Entry

Go down 
+11
stevegarveyfan
kmorg
Stender
Thrasher73
manny
Fat Freddy
Temple of Blood
candlemass
Troublezone
ultmetal
RimShot
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

Forced Entry - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forced Entry   Forced Entry - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 24, 2009 11:53 am

ultmetal wrote:
manny wrote:
I remember as a kid some so called Christian handed me an anti rock book called 'Why Knock Rock' by a couple of money grubbing tools called the Peters Brothers, they would come to town get people all fired about Satan, backward masking, blah blah blah and burn records. It was silly bullsh!t, but I did go and contribute to the bonfire by throwing in their book into the fire, I have to admit it was a sweet feeling.

I don't have a problem with people not listening to something they don't like. If it offends you, don't listen to it, don't buy it, etc. If music, TV, books, movies, video games, whatever are causing you to stumble, then stop listening, watching, reading, whatever. Addictive behaviors are usually not a good thing.

However, record and book burning in the name of Christianity isn't much different than what went on in Nazi Germany IMO.

And don't get me started on the backmasking joke. If the anti-rock preachers want to make an impact, they don't need to get into silly stuff like that or into rumors and such, they just need to point out the lyrics themselves to many songs and keep their facts straight. I remember laughing when some anti-rock preacher talked about Black Sabbath giving alter calls for Satan or said that Kiss meant Knights in Satan's Service. Laughing very hard

I have to agree with you, if it offends you don't listen to it and don't support with your hard earned dollars, it is amazing that people who calls themselves Christian are more concerened with appearances and your life than they are their own spirtuality.

As for the band I have never heard of them, in the 80's I thought the only Christian metal bands existed where Stryper, the Rez Band, and Vegence Rising.
Back to top Go down
RimShot
Metal novice
Metal novice
RimShot

Number of posts : 91

PostSubject: Re: Forced Entry   Forced Entry - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 24, 2009 11:55 am

ultmetal wrote:
RimShot wrote:
Wow Ult, sounds like you and I share a few religious experiences, I came out of what I truly believe to be a cult. When I actually started studying the Bible for myself I started questioning everything I was taught. I am now considered a cultist by the group that I once was deceived with. It's amazing how whacked out religious people get because they are led by their own selfishness and they mold the Word of God to fit their own selfish ways. I never really saw that until I got out of it, now it's all clear. Guess the old saying "You can't see the fire when your eyes are filled with smoke" is really true.

I was in a cult, for sure. It controlled our life. We spent every day there and were told that spending time at home with the family was wrong. We needed to be there. We gave our money "in faith" and let our bills pile up. It was a Word of Faith church. Faith being a force, words the containers of that force. Faith was not a trust in God, but rather was a force for which to "move mountains".
That's funny , I don't remember seeing you at church...lol. Sounds exactly like my old church. Good thing is, church is over.... haha. Sad thing is, it's a HUGE movement that is going to turn a lot of people away from true faith. I know a few people already there. I almost have a hatred for anyone that teaches that and I have to ask God to help me because I get so mad whenever I come to a channel with one of those so called preachers babbling that crap! Then I remember who the real enemy is and that deception in the latter days was prophesied. We need to pray that their eyes will be opened and that they will come to know the truth. Sorry guys, didn't mean to make this a sermon post, just a sore spot with me and sounds like many others as well.

Forced Entry rocks!!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.therefineryrock.com
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Forced Entry   Forced Entry - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 24, 2009 12:00 pm

Hey Manny,
Forced Entry are not a Christian band. Sorry this thread went a bit North. They are a great classic thrash metal band that use to be on Combat Records, I believe.

mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: Forced Entry   Forced Entry - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 24, 2009 12:00 pm

ultmetal wrote:
Hey Manny,
Forced Entry are not a Christian band. Sorry this thread went a bit North. They are a great classic thrash metal band that use to be on Combat Records, I believe.

Thanks for clearing that up, I am going to check them out.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: Forced Entry   Forced Entry - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 24, 2009 12:05 pm

BTW ULT and Rimshot thanks for sharing your stories on your faith found it very interesting and enlightening.
Back to top Go down
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

PostSubject: Re: Forced Entry   Forced Entry - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 24, 2009 12:34 pm

manny wrote:
BTW ULT and Rimshot thanks for sharing your stories on your faith found it very interesting and enlightening.

Yeah that was great, thanks for sharing.

I got Forced Entrys as above so below a while back last year but for some reason I couldnt get into the full album. There were some awesome songs like bone crackin fever, but as the album was concerned I didnt really get. Well, before I traded it off I ripped it to itunes and I gave it another spin the other day and I acutally liked it, I dont know what I was thinking before.
Back to top Go down
RimShot
Metal novice
Metal novice
RimShot

PostSubject: Re: Forced Entry   Forced Entry - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 24, 2009 12:38 pm

Thanks guys, sorry for going on a different subject like that. I kinda miss my Forced Entry
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Forced Entry   Forced Entry - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 24, 2009 12:41 pm

I remember putting up a clip from one of their songs here when the board was pretty new, and NO ONE knew who it was! lol!

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37654

PostSubject: Re: Forced Entry   Forced Entry - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 24, 2009 1:39 pm

manny wrote:
I remember as a kid some so called Christian handed me an anti rock book called 'Why Knock Rock' by a couple of money grubbing tools called the Peters Brothers, they would come to town get people all fired about Satan, backward masking, blah blah blah and burn records. It was silly bullsh!t, but I did go and contribute to the bonfire by throwing in their book into the fire, I have to admit it was a sweet feeling.

I have a ministry tape put out by the Peters Bros. called "The Peters Brothers Interview Stryper -- Whose Side Are They On?" It's pretty hilarious in an unintentional sort of way.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Forced Entry   Forced Entry - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 24, 2009 1:59 pm

RimShot wrote:
Hey Temp, just got your latest CD yesterday. Haven't had time to really listen but I added it to my radio station

Great! Let me know what you think about it.
Back to top Go down
RimShot
Metal novice
Metal novice
RimShot

PostSubject: Re: Forced Entry   Forced Entry - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 24, 2009 2:03 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:
RimShot wrote:
Hey Temp, just got your latest CD yesterday. Haven't had time to really listen but I added it to my radio station

Great! Let me know what you think about it.

Will do
Back to top Go down
stevegarveyfan
Metal master
Metal master
stevegarveyfan

Number of posts : 613

PostSubject: Re: Forced Entry   Forced Entry - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 24, 2009 9:27 pm

I have Uncertain Future on CD. Every time I pop it in it seems like it's better than I thought it would be.
Back to top Go down
Lost and Found Records
Metal novice
Metal novice
Lost and Found Records

Number of posts : 4

PostSubject: Re: Forced Entry   Forced Entry - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 24, 2009 10:09 pm

For anyone who is interested, we will be reissuing Forced Entry-As Above So Below this March
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: Forced Entry   Forced Entry - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 24, 2009 10:20 pm

Love them, have both albums on disc. As Above, So Below was one of the great thrash records of the 90's IMO.
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
Lost and Found Records
Metal novice
Metal novice
Lost and Found Records

Number of posts : 4

PostSubject: Re: Forced Entry   Forced Entry - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 24, 2009 10:27 pm

DeathCult wrote:
Love them, have both albums on disc. As Above, So Below was one of the great thrash records of the 90's IMO.

I agree with you 100%...Very much overlooked
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Forced Entry   Forced Entry - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 24, 2009 10:29 pm

DeathCult wrote:

As was Viking's Man of Straw. Thanks so much for reissuing that, Lost & Found. Smile
Back to top Go down
SideShowDisaSter
Roo Jockey
SideShowDisaSter

Number of posts : 4602

PostSubject: Re: Forced Entry   Forced Entry - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 24, 2009 10:48 pm

Lost and Found Records wrote:
For anyone who is interested, we will be reissuing Forced Entry-As Above So Below this March

Good. Maybe that will drive down the prices of the original press enough so I can finally snag it! Razz

PostSubject: Re: Forced Entry   Forced Entry - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 24, 2009 10:50 pm

Forced Entry. I have some good memories of that band. I didn't discover them till really late, but it was just in time to go to their "farewell concert" in Seattle in 1995. They had been dropped by their label and only managed to release a self-produced EP (sold only at shows) after As Above, So Below.

I went to the show with a friend who had a local fanzine at the time, so we scheduled an interview with the group after their set. They were very cool and were talking about being kind of relieved to quit the "grind" of trying to keep a band like that together in the musical climate of the mid 90's.

Regardless, they absolutely KILLED at that gig, playing a 2 hour set and having a blast...it was a great sendoff from an underrated band.
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: Forced Entry   Forced Entry - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 24, 2009 11:09 pm

The EP is the only album I dont have, but all their albums killed.
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com

PostSubject: Re: Forced Entry   Forced Entry - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 24, 2009 11:19 pm

Forced Entry - Page 2 6087

I used to have this...autographed...lost in a move at some point. :swear:
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Forced Entry   Forced Entry - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 25, 2009 4:26 am

Lost and Found Records wrote:

Excellent! I'll finally start my Forced Entry collection then Very Happy

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stepcousin

Number of posts : 1268

PostSubject: Re: Forced Entry   Forced Entry - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 25, 2009 10:42 am

I grew up about 4 houses away from Brad Hull's house. I was best friends with him for about a year but that was when I was like 7 years old so it was eons ago.

I used to have their first 2 albums. good stuff.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Forced Entry   Forced Entry - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Forced Entry
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2