Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

FORCED ENTRY vs. EVILE

Go down 
+9
zombiewalkin
ultmetal
Troublezone
SideShowDisaSter
mc666
T-Roy
scottmitchell74
MetalGuy71
Temple of Blood
13 posters
AuthorMessage
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5702

FORCED ENTRY vs. EVILE Empty
PostSubject: FORCED ENTRY vs. EVILE   FORCED ENTRY vs. EVILE Icon_minitimeTue Oct 30, 2007 10:36 am

Just out of curiosity ...

Which do you guys prefer:

"As Above So Below"

or

"Enter the Grave"?
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: FORCED ENTRY vs. EVILE   FORCED ENTRY vs. EVILE Icon_minitimeTue Oct 30, 2007 10:42 am

I'm not familiar with Forced Entry, never heard 'em. Are they somehow connected with Evile or are you saying Evile ripped off Forced Entry? Quit pushing your God music and explain yourself!!
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5702

PostSubject: Re: FORCED ENTRY vs. EVILE   FORCED ENTRY vs. EVILE Icon_minitimeTue Oct 30, 2007 10:46 am

Nope, they are only related because they are both semi-melodic thrash bands.

This came up because someone on another board was saying that this album sucks and many of the new thrash bands were better. I happen to disagree and I wanted to see how others felt.

Last edited by on Tue Oct 30, 2007 10:51 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: FORCED ENTRY vs. EVILE   FORCED ENTRY vs. EVILE Icon_minitimeTue Oct 30, 2007 10:49 am

Well, I do like Evile. And if Forced Entry is semi-melodic thrash as you say, I'll have to keep an eye out for 'em.
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9047

PostSubject: Re: FORCED ENTRY vs. EVILE   FORCED ENTRY vs. EVILE Icon_minitimeTue Oct 30, 2007 10:53 am

Quote :
God music

Laughing

Kind of like Jesus Fish or Heysoos sandals?!
Back to top Go down
T-Roy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

Number of posts : 4077

PostSubject: Re: FORCED ENTRY vs. EVILE   FORCED ENTRY vs. EVILE Icon_minitimeTue Oct 30, 2007 11:36 am

REPENT, BOTH OF YOU!!!!
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: FORCED ENTRY vs. EVILE   FORCED ENTRY vs. EVILE Icon_minitimeTue Oct 30, 2007 11:36 am

i like them both, but play Evile a bit more.

SideShowDisaSter
Roo Jockey
SideShowDisaSter

Number of posts : 4601

PostSubject: Re: FORCED ENTRY vs. EVILE   FORCED ENTRY vs. EVILE Icon_minitimeTue Oct 30, 2007 7:39 pm

I enjoy both, but Evile is slightly better in my book. Sometimes Forced Entry tried to make things a bit too technical in places when it wasn't really necessary.

Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17068

PostSubject: Re: FORCED ENTRY vs. EVILE   FORCED ENTRY vs. EVILE Icon_minitimeTue Oct 30, 2007 7:59 pm

Never heard Evile and i like Forced Entry so i will go with FE.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: FORCED ENTRY vs. EVILE   FORCED ENTRY vs. EVILE Icon_minitimeWed Oct 31, 2007 8:35 am

I don't know that I like one more than the other. I've been listening to the new Evile quite a bit, but that's because it's new.

Forced Entry are great. An underrate band for sure. They just got burried in the swarm of thrash bands in the late 80's and early 90's.

Was listening to Death Angel - Frolic through the Park yesterday. Man, what a great listen. Hadn't heard it in quite some time. I liked it so much I played it twice. I love it when an old classic comes to life like that after not hearing it for a while.

PostSubject: Re: FORCED ENTRY vs. EVILE   FORCED ENTRY vs. EVILE Icon_minitimeWed Oct 31, 2007 8:39 am

I was initially swimming in the new thrash movement for a about a month and kinda dismissed Evile as just "one of the bunch". But after repeated spins this past weekend, it may be at the top of the heap for me. It reminds me of Onslaught somewhat. A great record.

Forced Entry were a band that never popped for me. A good band, but not one that stood out of the crowd in the late 80's/early 90's.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17068

PostSubject: Re: FORCED ENTRY vs. EVILE   FORCED ENTRY vs. EVILE Icon_minitimeFri Apr 11, 2008 9:36 am

This song rules but is kinda quirky like Prong.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9MtEr7mvsfU&feature=related
Back to top Go down
zombiewalkin
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
zombiewalkin

Number of posts : 292

PostSubject: Re: FORCED ENTRY vs. EVILE   FORCED ENTRY vs. EVILE Icon_minitimeFri Apr 11, 2008 9:39 am

Ive never heard of either........guess I should huh?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: FORCED ENTRY vs. EVILE   FORCED ENTRY vs. EVILE Icon_minitimeFri Apr 11, 2008 12:30 pm

Forced Entry at this point but if Evile keeps putting out quality stuff I could see me liking them more.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: FORCED ENTRY vs. EVILE   FORCED ENTRY vs. EVILE Icon_minitimeFri Apr 11, 2008 12:47 pm

haven't heard any of Forced Entry's stuff, but Evile are alright. Their debut has some cool riffs, but they're thrown in to pretty dull songs. if they add a little more variety next time round I reckon they'll have a solid thrash album.
Back to top Go down
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

Number of posts : 4238

PostSubject: Re: FORCED ENTRY vs. EVILE   FORCED ENTRY vs. EVILE Icon_minitimeFri Apr 11, 2008 3:23 pm

I like them both but i think FORCED ENTRY a little more. I have their debut on vinyl and cd. I also have the EVILE album but i only played it 3 or 4 times and still have to get into it. I will give it a try soon.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: FORCED ENTRY vs. EVILE   FORCED ENTRY vs. EVILE Icon_minitimeFri Apr 11, 2008 3:29 pm

Since this is an old thread, I can still say that I'm unfamiliar with any Forced Entry music, but my Evile cd gets plenty of airtime.
Back to top Go down
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3892

PostSubject: Re: FORCED ENTRY vs. EVILE   FORCED ENTRY vs. EVILE Icon_minitimeFri Apr 11, 2008 3:46 pm

I like them both equal really. I liked the technicality that Forced Entry did, but I like the aggression of Evile. So I am sorry on this one, I can't choose!
Back to top Go down
jstate
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: FORCED ENTRY vs. EVILE   FORCED ENTRY vs. EVILE Icon_minitimeFri Apr 11, 2008 9:01 pm

Forced Entry are an old-time favorite, while Evile are a "these times" favorite for me. I'll probably always choose the stuff I've loved longer.
Back to top Go down
ghostintheruins
Metal novice
Metal novice
ghostintheruins

Number of posts : 55

PostSubject: Re: FORCED ENTRY vs. EVILE   FORCED ENTRY vs. EVILE Icon_minitimeSat Apr 12, 2008 4:37 am

Never heard Forced Entry but Evile's Enter the Grave is an excellent album.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: FORCED ENTRY vs. EVILE   FORCED ENTRY vs. EVILE Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

FORCED ENTRY vs. EVILE
Page 1 of 1