Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Forced Entry

Go down 
+11
stevegarveyfan
kmorg
Stender
Thrasher73
manny
Fat Freddy
Temple of Blood
candlemass
Troublezone
ultmetal
RimShot
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
RimShot
Metal novice
Metal novice
RimShot

Number of posts : 91

Forced Entry Empty
PostSubject: Forced Entry   Forced Entry Icon_minitimeTue Feb 24, 2009 10:22 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4auXfp90eTE Anyone remember these guys;
Back to top Go down
http://www.therefineryrock.com
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

Forced Entry Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forced Entry   Forced Entry Icon_minitimeTue Feb 24, 2009 10:29 am

Absolutely. Have both their CDs and "Uncertain Future" on vinyl as well. Good thrash metal.

Metal novice
Metal novice
RimShot

Forced Entry Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forced Entry   Forced Entry Icon_minitimeTue Feb 24, 2009 10:38 am

OH YEAH, I almost forgot Ult, you own almost every album known to mankind Very Happy I use to have a lot of non Christian stuff but went through a weird time where I was convinced listening to that was wrong. boy was I stupid. I have nearly 4000 CD's, mostly christian but some great secular as well.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Forced Entry Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forced Entry   Forced Entry Icon_minitimeTue Feb 24, 2009 10:42 am

RimShot wrote:
OH YEAH, I almost forgot Ult, you own almost every album known to mankind Very Happy I use to have a lot of non Christian stuff but went through a weird time where I was convinced listening to that was wrong. boy was I stupid. I have nearly 4000 CD's, mostly christian but some great secular as well.

I went through the EXACT same thing in the early 1990's. I call it my "super Christian days", when I thought I was better than everyone else and looked down my nose at any Christian who would dare spin a non-Christian CD. I had forgotten that my holiness was not based on what music I listen to but rather on the grace of God in my life.

Metal novice
Metal novice
RimShot

Forced Entry Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forced Entry   Forced Entry Icon_minitimeTue Feb 24, 2009 10:45 am

AMEN
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17068

Forced Entry Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forced Entry   Forced Entry Icon_minitimeTue Feb 24, 2009 10:45 am

Quote :
Anyone remember these guys;

Of coarse.

Last edited by Troublezone on Tue Feb 24, 2009 10:48 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
RimShot
Metal novice
Metal novice
RimShot

Forced Entry Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forced Entry   Forced Entry Icon_minitimeTue Feb 24, 2009 10:47 am

I really kick myself in the butt, I had some stuff that would be considered super rare today. At least I have found a lot of it but had to PAY a pretty penny for some of it.
Back to top Go down
candlemass
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

Number of posts : 2096

Forced Entry Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forced Entry   Forced Entry Icon_minitimeTue Feb 24, 2009 10:58 am

ultmetal wrote:
RimShot wrote:

I went through the EXACT same thing in the early 1990's. I call it my "super Christian days", when I thought I was better than everyone else and looked down my nose at any Christian who would dare spin a non-Christian CD. I had forgotten that my holiness was not based on what music I listen to but rather on the grace of God in my life.

It's been said that new christians should be locked away for the first year so they won't do anything stupid, I think a decade would be better served! Laughing
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/fragilegothband
RimShot
Metal novice
Metal novice
RimShot

Forced Entry Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forced Entry   Forced Entry Icon_minitimeTue Feb 24, 2009 11:03 am

LOL....I like it
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Forced Entry Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forced Entry   Forced Entry Icon_minitimeTue Feb 24, 2009 11:06 am

RimShot wrote:
I really kick myself in the butt, I had some stuff that would be considered super rare today. At least I have found a lot of it but had to PAY a pretty penny for some of it.

I'm still kicking myself over getting rid of some albums. The Heathens Rage album was given to me by my high school friend, who was their guitarist. It was signed to me and had a promo photo with it, also signed to me. I'll never get that back and that still irks me. It's not that the record is now worth some cash. I don't care if it was worthless. It's just a personal thing that I got rid of in ignorance. Even if I felt it was something I shouldn't be listening to as a Christian, I should have kept is simply because it was a gift from a friend.

Metal novice
Metal novice
RimShot

Forced Entry Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forced Entry   Forced Entry Icon_minitimeTue Feb 24, 2009 11:12 am

ultmetal wrote:
RimShot wrote:

I'm still kicking myself over getting rid of some albums. The Heathens Rage album was given to me by my high school friend, who was their guitarist. It was signed to me and had a promo photo with it, also signed to me. I'll never get that back and that still irks me. It's not that the record is now worth some cash. I don't care if it was worthless. It's just a personal thing that I got rid of in ignorance. Even if I felt it was something I shouldn't be listening to as a Christian, I should have kept is simply because it was a gift from a friend.

Don't mean to be preachy, but some of the people who told me that secular music was evil, were huge football fans....hmmm. secular?
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5702

Forced Entry Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forced Entry   Forced Entry Icon_minitimeTue Feb 24, 2009 11:16 am

I think "As Above, So Below" is really underrated.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Forced Entry Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forced Entry   Forced Entry Icon_minitimeTue Feb 24, 2009 11:18 am

RimShot wrote:
ultmetal wrote:
RimShot wrote:

Don't mean to be preachy, but some of the people who told me that secular music was evil, were huge football fans....hmmm. secular?

Don't get me started. LOL! Many who pointed a finger at me were avid movie goers or TV watchers. Personally, I'd rather have my music and no TV at all. I'm not saying everything about that period in my life was bad. I certainly grew a lot in my faith during that time, but my wife can testify to the fact that I was just a mean-spirited, pious person. I don't ever want to go back to being that person again.

Forced Entry Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forced Entry   Forced Entry Icon_minitimeTue Feb 24, 2009 11:19 am

Quote :
I certainly grew a lot in my faith during that
time, but my wife can testify to the fact that I was just a
mean-spirited, pious person. I don't ever want to go back to being that
person again.

Was there an event that changed you or was it gradual? Because I've heard, like you described Josh, you are the nicest guy alive. Smile
Back to top Go down
RimShot
Metal novice
Metal novice
RimShot

Forced Entry Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forced Entry   Forced Entry Icon_minitimeTue Feb 24, 2009 11:21 am

It does make it easier for us to help new Christians that we come across though.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17068

Forced Entry Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forced Entry   Forced Entry Icon_minitimeTue Feb 24, 2009 11:22 am

Quote :
I was just a mean-spirited, pious person. I don't ever want to go back to being that person again.

That's hard to imagine...
Back to top Go down
RimShot
Metal novice
Metal novice
RimShot

Forced Entry Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forced Entry   Forced Entry Icon_minitimeTue Feb 24, 2009 11:23 am

Hey Temp, just got your latest CD yesterday. Haven't had time to really listen but I added it to my radio station
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37639

Forced Entry Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forced Entry   Forced Entry Icon_minitimeTue Feb 24, 2009 11:24 am

I have AS ABOVE, SO BELOW... gotta love "Bone Crackin' Fever!" 🤘

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
RimShot
Metal novice
Metal novice
RimShot

Forced Entry Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forced Entry   Forced Entry Icon_minitimeTue Feb 24, 2009 11:25 am

Yeah Ult, it's amazing when you let GOD change you rather than people
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Forced Entry Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forced Entry   Forced Entry Icon_minitimeTue Feb 24, 2009 11:30 am

SpectreFate wrote:
Quote :
I certainly grew a lot in my faith during that
time, but my wife can testify to the fact that I was just a
mean-spirited, pious person. I don't ever want to go back to being that
person again.

Was there an event that changed you or was it gradual? Because I've heard, like you described Josh, you are the nicest guy alive. Smile

What changed me was joining Ultimatum. I was excited about this new "ministry" I had gotten involved in. I asked the church I was attending to hang up a flyer for our first show together. They refused saying that they don't support music like that. Soon after our pastor gave a message on the evils of Christian metal. He went on to say that all Christian metal was nothing but incantations and that the musicians weren't real in their faith. He spouted off a list of bands. He said that Tourniquet's Stop the Bleeding was about the blood of Christ and how they wanted to stop the spreading of the gospel. He said that One Bad Pig's Swine Flew was a disease and what Christian would want to glorify disease. It was weird and obviously inaccurate information.

I was also set to graduate soon from the Bible College at that church. Some of the things the college was teaching about the Bible began to strike a chord in me that something was wrong. The final straw was when they spoke about the scripture that simply states "have faith in God". They said it should be properly translated "have the faith of God" removing God as the emphasis of someone's faith and making "faith" some magic thing we possess that can gain us what we want.

I was soon out of that church and found a church or people that were real, and that loved us for who we were. It took me some time but eventually I started enjoying the music I loved again.

One example of how much of a jerk I was during that time. I was attending a graduation party at a friend's home. At the party they were playing Boston. I was so offended. I demanded they change the music and put on something "spiritually edifying" or I would leave. How pompous of me! They had every right to say, "see you!". However, they changed it to please me.

Another example was once we were in Pizza Hut. They had a juke box and were playing something I deemed as "sinful". I demanded the restraunt turn the music off or I would take my business elsewhere. They turned it off, but how freakin' ridiculous was it for me to demand that? That's how I was. Judgemental. A religious jerk.

Last edited by ultmetal on Tue Feb 24, 2009 11:33 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

Forced Entry Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forced Entry   Forced Entry Icon_minitimeTue Feb 24, 2009 11:31 am

I remember as a kid some so called Christian handed me an anti rock book called 'Why Knock Rock' by a couple of money grubbing tools called the Peters Brothers, they would come to town get people all fired about Satan, backward masking, blah blah blah and burn records. It was silly bullsh!t, but I did go and contribute to the bonfire by throwing in their book into the fire, I have to admit it was a sweet feeling.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Forced Entry Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forced Entry   Forced Entry Icon_minitimeTue Feb 24, 2009 11:39 am

manny wrote:
I remember as a kid some so called Christian handed me an anti rock book called 'Why Knock Rock' by a couple of money grubbing tools called the Peters Brothers, they would come to town get people all fired about Satan, backward masking, blah blah blah and burn records. It was silly bullsh!t, but I did go and contribute to the bonfire by throwing in their book into the fire, I have to admit it was a sweet feeling.

I don't have a problem with people not listening to something they don't like. If it offends you, don't listen to it, don't buy it, etc. If music, TV, books, movies, video games, whatever are causing you to stumble, then stop listening, watching, reading, whatever. Addictive behaviors are usually not a good thing.

However, record and book burning in the name of Christianity isn't much different than what went on in Nazi Germany IMO.

And don't get me started on the backmasking joke. If the anti-rock preachers want to make an impact, they don't need to get into silly stuff like that or into rumors and such, they just need to point out the lyrics themselves to many songs and keep their facts straight. I remember laughing when some anti-rock preacher talked about Black Sabbath giving alter calls for Satan or said that Kiss meant Knights in Satan's Service. Laughing very hard

Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

Forced Entry Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forced Entry   Forced Entry Icon_minitimeTue Feb 24, 2009 11:41 am

ultmetal wrote:
RimShot wrote:

I went through the same phase as you guys.I didnt really feel like I was better than anyone else but was led to believe that it was wrong to listen to secular music.Funny how the people that thought secular music was so bad would watch all kinds of action and horror movies.

Anyway as far as Forced Entry go,As Above So below is very underrated.
Back to top Go down
RimShot
Metal novice
Metal novice
RimShot

Forced Entry Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forced Entry   Forced Entry Icon_minitimeTue Feb 24, 2009 11:44 am

Wow Ult, sounds like you and I share a few religious experiences, I came out of what I truly believe to be a cult. When I actually started studying the Bible for myself I started questioning everything I was taught. I am now considered a cultist by the group that I once was deceived with. It's amazing how whacked out religious people get because they are led by their own selfishness and they mold the Word of God to fit their own selfish ways. I never really saw that until I got out of it, now it's all clear. Guess the old saying "You can't see the fire when your eyes are filled with smoke" is really true.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Forced Entry Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forced Entry   Forced Entry Icon_minitimeTue Feb 24, 2009 11:48 am

RimShot wrote:
Wow Ult, sounds like you and I share a few religious experiences, I came out of what I truly believe to be a cult. When I actually started studying the Bible for myself I started questioning everything I was taught. I am now considered a cultist by the group that I once was deceived with. It's amazing how whacked out religious people get because they are led by their own selfishness and they mold the Word of God to fit their own selfish ways. I never really saw that until I got out of it, now it's all clear. Guess the old saying "You can't see the fire when your eyes are filled with smoke" is really true.

I was in a cult, for sure. It controlled our life. We spent every day there and were told that spending time at home with the family was wrong. We needed to be there. We gave our money "in faith" and let our bills pile up. It was a Word of Faith church. Faith being a force, words the containers of that force. Faith was not a trust in God, but rather was a force for which to "move mountains".

Forced Entry Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forced Entry   Forced Entry Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Forced Entry
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next