Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Best tune on "Point of Entry" by Judas Priest

Go down 
+17
thejokeriv
the sentinel
MetallicSeminarian
Troublezone
MoonChild
Glower
brokentulsa
nevermore
Boris2008
chewie
80s Metal Lady
Fat Freddy
Wurthless
Temple of Blood
Witchfinder
James B.
21 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Best Tune On Judas Preist's "Point of Entry" LP
Heading Out To The Highway
Best tune on "Point of Entry" by Judas Priest Vote_lcap24%Best tune on "Point of Entry" by Judas Priest Vote_rcap
 24% [ 8 ]
Don't Go
Best tune on "Point of Entry" by Judas Priest Vote_lcap3%Best tune on "Point of Entry" by Judas Priest Vote_rcap
 3% [ 1 ]
Hot Rockin
Best tune on "Point of Entry" by Judas Priest Vote_lcap9%Best tune on "Point of Entry" by Judas Priest Vote_rcap
 9% [ 3 ]
Turning Circles
Best tune on "Point of Entry" by Judas Priest Vote_lcap3%Best tune on "Point of Entry" by Judas Priest Vote_rcap
 3% [ 1 ]
Desert Plains
Best tune on "Point of Entry" by Judas Priest Vote_lcap48%Best tune on "Point of Entry" by Judas Priest Vote_rcap
 48% [ 16 ]
Solar Angels
Best tune on "Point of Entry" by Judas Priest Vote_lcap9%Best tune on "Point of Entry" by Judas Priest Vote_rcap
 9% [ 3 ]
You Say Yes
 3% [ 1 ]
All The Way
Best tune on "Point of Entry" by Judas Priest Vote_lcap0%Best tune on "Point of Entry" by Judas Priest Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Troubleshooter
Best tune on "Point of Entry" by Judas Priest Vote_lcap0%Best tune on "Point of Entry" by Judas Priest Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
On The Run
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 33

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12630

Best tune on "Point of Entry" by Judas Priest Empty
PostSubject: Best tune on "Point of Entry" by Judas Priest   Best tune on "Point of Entry" by Judas Priest Icon_minitimeTue Dec 22, 2015 10:50 am

The U.K cover...Best tune on "Point of Entry" by Judas Priest 220px-Judas_priest_-_point_of_entry_a
Original Japanese (For Muckie) and North American Cover...
Best tune on "Point of Entry" by Judas Priest 220px-JudaspriestpointofentryUSA

Released Feb. 26th, 1981
Recorded in Ibiza, Spain (October/November 1980)
Produced by Judas Priest & Tom Allom.

Personnel-Rob Halford – vocals, K. K. Downing – guitar, Glenn Tipton – guitar, Ian Hill – bass guitar, and Dave Holland – drums.

Heading Out To The Highway
Don't Go
Hot Rockin
Turning Circles
Desert Plains
Solar Angels
You Say Yes
All The Way
Troubleshooter
On The Run

"Desert Plains" for me as the best tune. I really don't listen to this album much unless I am out in the shop wrenching on something. I will cop to liking it better now than I did then.

Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7613

PostSubject: Re: Best tune on "Point of Entry" by Judas Priest   Best tune on "Point of Entry" by Judas Priest Icon_minitimeTue Dec 22, 2015 11:24 am

"Desert Plains" for me. This album was Priest's first misstep.
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39631

PostSubject: Re: Best tune on "Point of Entry" by Judas Priest   Best tune on "Point of Entry" by Judas Priest Icon_minitimeTue Dec 22, 2015 11:28 am

This album seems to be on everyone's crap list. Not mine. I've always liked it a lot. The obvious choice would be Desert Plains but I think I'll go with Solar Angels.
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7613

PostSubject: Re: Best tune on "Point of Entry" by Judas Priest   Best tune on "Point of Entry" by Judas Priest Icon_minitimeTue Dec 22, 2015 11:37 am

007 wrote:
This album seems to be on everyone's crap list. Not mine. I've always liked it a lot. The obvious choice would be Desert Plains but I think I'll go with Solar Angels.

I don't think it's terrible, but there are many bad songs on it.
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Best tune on "Point of Entry" by Judas Priest   Best tune on "Point of Entry" by Judas Priest Icon_minitimeTue Dec 22, 2015 12:37 pm

Easily one of their worst albums.
Back to top Go down
Wurthless
Metal is Forever
Wurthless

Number of posts : 5065

PostSubject: Re: Best tune on "Point of Entry" by Judas Priest   Best tune on "Point of Entry" by Judas Priest Icon_minitimeTue Dec 22, 2015 12:45 pm

I've always enjoyed this album, and I especially like You Say Yes. Say what you will about it being cheesy, but it's infectious.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Best tune on "Point of Entry" by Judas Priest   Best tune on "Point of Entry" by Judas Priest Icon_minitimeTue Dec 22, 2015 12:53 pm

One of their most underrated albums and one I would take over ANYTHING they've released post Defenders. Yeah, yeah, Painkiller...blah, blah...I hate that album.

This record demonstrates that Priest had some savvy pop songwriting chops (which was also evident in parts of Hell Bent and British Steel, but better realized on Point Of Entry) and I think it's one of their most "fun" albums.

Turning Circles is one of my all-time favorite Priest songs and I think one of their most underrated. Desert Plains, Solar Angels and Heading Out To The Highway are stone classics.

Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37654

PostSubject: Re: Best tune on "Point of Entry" by Judas Priest   Best tune on "Point of Entry" by Judas Priest Icon_minitimeTue Dec 22, 2015 1:17 pm

Sentimental favorite for me ... "Heading out to the Highway" was the first Priest song I ever heard so it gets my vote.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
80s Metal Lady
Metal master
Metal master
80s Metal Lady

Number of posts : 896

PostSubject: Re: Best tune on "Point of Entry" by Judas Priest   Best tune on "Point of Entry" by Judas Priest Icon_minitimeTue Dec 22, 2015 1:47 pm

S.D. wrote:

Turning Circles is one of my all-time favorite Priest songs and I think one of their most underrated.  Desert Plains, Solar Angels and Heading Out To The Highway are stone classics.  

Agree! "Turning In Circles" (very underrated) is one of my favorite JP songs as are "Solar Angels," "Heading Out To the Highway," "Desert Plains," and "Don't Go." "Hot Rockin'" is good, too. I liked the video. Through "Solar Angels," it is a GREAT album. The last songs I just don't care for and, unfortunately, there are 4 of them. Still, so much excellent stuff on this album.
Back to top Go down
80s Metal Lady
Metal master
Metal master
80s Metal Lady

Number of posts : 896

PostSubject: Re: Best tune on "Point of Entry" by Judas Priest   Best tune on "Point of Entry" by Judas Priest Icon_minitimeTue Dec 22, 2015 1:48 pm

A tough choice as a lot of songs on this album I think are superb. I'll go with "Heading Out To The Highway" slightly over "Desert Plains."
Back to top Go down
chewie
Metal is Forever
chewie

Number of posts : 5014

PostSubject: Re: Best tune on "Point of Entry" by Judas Priest   Best tune on "Point of Entry" by Judas Priest Icon_minitimeTue Dec 22, 2015 6:38 pm

Heading Out To The Highway was the first song I heard on the MTV and has remained one of my favorites!
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: Best tune on "Point of Entry" by Judas Priest   Best tune on "Point of Entry" by Judas Priest Icon_minitimeTue Dec 22, 2015 8:14 pm

Always loved Hot Rockin
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25889

PostSubject: Re: Best tune on "Point of Entry" by Judas Priest   Best tune on "Point of Entry" by Judas Priest Icon_minitimeTue Dec 22, 2015 11:08 pm

Desert Plains has always been my favorite from this album.
Back to top Go down
brokentulsa
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
brokentulsa

Number of posts : 1779

PostSubject: Re: Best tune on "Point of Entry" by Judas Priest   Best tune on "Point of Entry" by Judas Priest Icon_minitimeTue Dec 22, 2015 11:41 pm

This is one of my favorite priest albums and one of my all time metal favorites...I would love to choose every song but for this I chose Desert Plains..I also really like solar angels and Don't Go..so the choice was hard..
Back to top Go down
Glower
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Glower

Number of posts : 3175

PostSubject: Re: Best tune on "Point of Entry" by Judas Priest   Best tune on "Point of Entry" by Judas Priest Icon_minitimeWed Dec 23, 2015 9:35 am

I remember when in High School - this very cool kid -
he brought me over to some teen's house - who had a band -
Not sure if I was being introduced as a possible guitarist - next town over -
I still recall them playing Hot Rockin' - I was totally impressed -
but I thought it was an original - they said it was from Priest - disappointed in me.
I knew how to play Breakin' Law / Livin' after Midnight - nope - that was it -
a few years later - another band - 18-19 years olders - 2nd guitarist ?
they belted out Hot Rockin' - real hot - the singer was the best I had EVER heard -
No way could I step in to that band - too good and cool - lol -
Back to top Go down
MoonChild
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 15680

PostSubject: Re: Best tune on "Point of Entry" by Judas Priest   Best tune on "Point of Entry" by Judas Priest Icon_minitimeThu Dec 24, 2015 2:11 am

Desert Plains -my all time favourite Judas Priest song.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

PostSubject: Re: Best tune on "Point of Entry" by Judas Priest   Best tune on "Point of Entry" by Judas Priest Icon_minitimeThu Dec 24, 2015 8:45 am

Heading out to the Highway
Back to top Go down
MetallicSeminarian
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
MetallicSeminarian

Number of posts : 1698

PostSubject: Re: Best tune on "Point of Entry" by Judas Priest   Best tune on "Point of Entry" by Judas Priest Icon_minitimeThu Dec 24, 2015 1:22 pm

Haven't played this in a while. I'll try to listen again today and then vote.
Back to top Go down
MetallicSeminarian
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
MetallicSeminarian

Number of posts : 1698

PostSubject: Re: Best tune on "Point of Entry" by Judas Priest   Best tune on "Point of Entry" by Judas Priest Icon_minitimeSat Dec 26, 2015 12:25 pm

Going with Don't Go, mainly on the strength of the chorus.

I really like this album overall, every song, even the maligned ones like You Say Yes.
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Best tune on "Point of Entry" by Judas Priest   Best tune on "Point of Entry" by Judas Priest Icon_minitimeSat Dec 26, 2015 3:30 pm

I really like this album and never could understand why it got crapped on so much. I went with "Desert Plains" as it is one of my fave Priest tunes. But "Solar Angels" kills as well as "Hot Rockin'." How did that video not get on an episode of Beavis and Butthead?

Beavis: "Hey, Butthead, what's he doin' with those weights?"
Butthead: "Uhh.. I think he's 'hot rockin' or something."
Beavis: "Yeah. He's 'hot rockin' alright!"
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Best tune on "Point of Entry" by Judas Priest   Best tune on "Point of Entry" by Judas Priest Icon_minitimeSat Dec 26, 2015 3:51 pm

Desert plains. Decent album that is overlooked due to the ones that bookend the release.
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Best tune on "Point of Entry" by Judas Priest   Best tune on "Point of Entry" by Judas Priest Icon_minitimeSat Dec 26, 2015 10:49 pm

It looks as though "Desert Plains" is running away with this poll.
Back to top Go down
choosemetal
Metal master
Metal master
choosemetal

Number of posts : 757

PostSubject: Re: Best tune on "Point of Entry" by Judas Priest   Best tune on "Point of Entry" by Judas Priest Icon_minitimeSun Dec 27, 2015 4:14 am

Desert Plains
Back to top Go down
http://wwwtotalmetal.blogspot.com/
candlemass
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

Number of posts : 2096

PostSubject: Re: Best tune on "Point of Entry" by Judas Priest   Best tune on "Point of Entry" by Judas Priest Icon_minitimeSun Dec 27, 2015 5:06 pm

This came out when I was a senior in high school, I had just become a Priest fan a few months before this came out, I absolutely loved it! Saw this tour and they opened w/"Solar Angels", been a favorite of mine since...
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/fragilegothband
candlemass
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

Number of posts : 2096

PostSubject: Re: Best tune on "Point of Entry" by Judas Priest   Best tune on "Point of Entry" by Judas Priest Icon_minitimeSun Dec 27, 2015 5:09 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:
Easily one of their worst albums.

You are such a "Debbie Downer!"
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/fragilegothband
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Best tune on "Point of Entry" by Judas Priest   Best tune on "Point of Entry" by Judas Priest Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Best tune on "Point of Entry" by Judas Priest
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next