Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Biggest metal cd collection ever

Go down 
+23
DeathCult
AngelRipper16
EvyMetal
Addy
7thSecond
DallasBlack
Wargod
mc666
XYZ
MetalRob331
Troublezone
scottmitchell74
stevegarveyfan
sovdat
SideShowDisaSter
the sentinel
Olafsto
manny
tohostudios
MetalGuy71
ultmetal
Fat Freddy
Gilbert
27 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9878

Biggest metal cd collection ever Empty
PostSubject: Biggest metal cd collection ever   Biggest metal cd collection ever Icon_minitimeThu Feb 05, 2009 4:58 am

I'm curious. Who would own the biggest metal cd collection ever? Is it Scott waters? Or are there any potential competitors?

Mine is limited to approximately 750 originals only Embarassed .
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37640

PostSubject: Re: Biggest metal cd collection ever   Biggest metal cd collection ever Icon_minitimeThu Feb 05, 2009 8:35 am

There's a guy on the Heavy Harmonies forum ("Staryder1") who claims to have somewhere in the neigborhood of 12,000 CDs.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Biggest metal cd collection ever   Biggest metal cd collection ever Icon_minitimeThu Feb 05, 2009 8:46 am

Uncle Saxon has far more CDs than I do.

Trogdawn's collection is close. He definitely has a bigger vinyl collection than I do.

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Biggest metal cd collection ever   Biggest metal cd collection ever Icon_minitimeThu Feb 05, 2009 10:41 am

There are plenty of members right here that have collections into the thousands. At last count, I had around 1200, but it's been over a year since I did any inventory. I don't know where I'm at now.

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Biggest metal cd collection ever   Biggest metal cd collection ever Icon_minitimeThu Feb 05, 2009 10:47 am

I'm sitting at 3210 but I know there are several here with way more than I have.

How many does Eyesore have?

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Biggest metal cd collection ever   Biggest metal cd collection ever Icon_minitimeThu Feb 05, 2009 10:52 am

tohostudios wrote:

Eyesore gets more CDs in a week than I do in an entire year.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Biggest metal cd collection ever   Biggest metal cd collection ever Icon_minitimeThu Feb 05, 2009 11:26 am

tohostudios wrote:
I'm sitting at 3210 but I know there are several here with way more than I have.

he's said a few times he estimates his collection around 6,000.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Biggest metal cd collection ever   Biggest metal cd collection ever Icon_minitimeThu Feb 05, 2009 11:27 am

Is that all?

I thought it would be closer to 10K.

mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Biggest metal cd collection ever   Biggest metal cd collection ever Icon_minitimeThu Feb 05, 2009 11:28 am

tohostudios wrote:
Is that all?

I thought it would be closer to 10K.

I am sure he will close to that number by the end of this week.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Biggest metal cd collection ever   Biggest metal cd collection ever Icon_minitimeThu Feb 05, 2009 11:29 am

lol!

PostSubject: Re: Biggest metal cd collection ever   Biggest metal cd collection ever Icon_minitimeThu Feb 05, 2009 11:33 am

I think mine is average for a man my height, age, and weight. My wife likes it. I have about 2,200 discs.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Biggest metal cd collection ever   Biggest metal cd collection ever Icon_minitimeThu Feb 05, 2009 11:34 am

I haven't counted up my discs in a while (and things are constantly goin' in and comin' out since I do a fair share of trading) but I estimate my collection has gotta be in the 700-800 range at the moment.

Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: Biggest metal cd collection ever   Biggest metal cd collection ever Icon_minitimeThu Feb 05, 2009 11:39 am

I am not sure how many CD's I own but I would estimate about 2,500 to 3000.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Biggest metal cd collection ever   Biggest metal cd collection ever Icon_minitimeThu Feb 05, 2009 11:45 am

Somewhere around 14000, but I am counting on you guys to cut that down to 2000-3000: UNCLESAXON.COM
Back to top Go down
Olafsto
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Olafsto

Number of posts : 2522

PostSubject: Re: Biggest metal cd collection ever   Biggest metal cd collection ever Icon_minitimeThu Feb 05, 2009 12:00 pm

SpectreFate wrote:
I think mine is average for a man my height, age, and weight. My wife likes it. I have about 2,200 discs.

Laughing very hard
But does she hope it will get bigger as you get older?

I have about 1000 discs, that`s more than enough really, but i keep buying more Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/olafsto
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Biggest metal cd collection ever   Biggest metal cd collection ever Icon_minitimeThu Feb 05, 2009 12:07 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
There's a guy on the Heavy Harmonies forum ("Staryder1") who claims to have somewhere in the neigborhood of 12,000 CDs.

That's insane. I gave this a minute of though and I don't think I could actually come up with 10,000 cd's I would want. Really.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Biggest metal cd collection ever   Biggest metal cd collection ever Icon_minitimeThu Feb 05, 2009 12:08 pm

Ideally, I'd like to get my collection down to about 1,000 that I really love and will listen to repeatedly. I went through a tear a while back where I was just buying all sorts of music, metal mostly, and just recently been going back and listening to it again. Some of it is refreshingly good, but I'm finding more that makes me say "Why did I buy this again?"

Which is why I'm doing this...***Shameless Promotion Alert***
http://shop.ebay.com/merchant/cripple71

PostSubject: Re: Biggest metal cd collection ever   Biggest metal cd collection ever Icon_minitimeThu Feb 05, 2009 12:31 pm

I shifted over 3000 CDs in a bulk sale over a year ago, but I have approx 1600 CDs left, and I have close to 800 Lp's.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Biggest metal cd collection ever   Biggest metal cd collection ever Icon_minitimeThu Feb 05, 2009 12:34 pm

the sentinel wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:

That's insane. I gave this a minute of though and I don't think I could actually come up with 10,000 cd's I would want. Really.

He posts dozens of new acqusitions on a near-daily basis and it seems like he buys just about anything that falls under the hard rock banner. Lord only knows when (or if) he finds time to listen to them all.

Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: Biggest metal cd collection ever   Biggest metal cd collection ever Icon_minitimeThu Feb 05, 2009 12:40 pm

I used to go in Pawnshops and buy like 20 or more at time, that is why I have so many CD's but after awhile it became insanity, the whole point for me in buying music is to take the time to actually listen and enjoy it. I still buy CD's but I usually buy a few a time, I will always buy music but I realize I will never own every CD I want, because they will always be something new and music I have yet to discover.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Biggest metal cd collection ever   Biggest metal cd collection ever Icon_minitimeThu Feb 05, 2009 12:55 pm

Scary numbers you're all talking about. I would need to add my non metal records to get to almost 3000.

As for metal, i have to wait til i travel to shop for records. So, that means lots of money spent. And i cannot usually do tradings, since metal cds cannot easily enter my country.

So... angry
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Biggest metal cd collection ever   Biggest metal cd collection ever Icon_minitimeThu Feb 05, 2009 12:58 pm

The guy who runs Metal Mayhem has a smurf poo-ton.

http://www.metalmayhem.com/coll_frame.htm
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: Biggest metal cd collection ever   Biggest metal cd collection ever Icon_minitimeThu Feb 05, 2009 12:59 pm

Gilbert wrote:
Scary numbers you're all talking about. I would need to add my non metal records to get to almost 3000.

As for metal, i have to wait til i travel to shop for records. So, that means lots of money spent. And i cannot usually do tradings, since metal cds cannot easily enter my country.

So... angry

I am including my non metal CD's in that number. I should have stated that earlier.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Biggest metal cd collection ever   Biggest metal cd collection ever Icon_minitimeThu Feb 05, 2009 12:59 pm

And my fiancee wants me to cut off a bit on the music, and start focusing more on mariage expenses.YAAK! Biggest metal cd collection ever 37951:
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Biggest metal cd collection ever   Biggest metal cd collection ever Icon_minitimeThu Feb 05, 2009 1:00 pm

Gilbert wrote:
And my fiancee wants me to cut off a bit on the music, and start focusing more on mariage expenses.YAAK! Biggest metal cd collection ever 37951:

Happens the best of us mate,
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Biggest metal cd collection ever   Biggest metal cd collection ever Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Biggest metal cd collection ever
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next