Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

And Today's Biggest Shock Is...

Go down 
+9
Thrasher73
manny
the sentinel
Glower
nevermore
Troublezone
Dark Horseman
Eyesore
13 posters
AuthorMessage
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

And Today's Biggest Shock Is... Empty
PostSubject: And Today's Biggest Shock Is...   And Today's Biggest Shock Is... Icon_minitimeSun Apr 07, 2019 11:30 am

Corey Taylor KILLING it singing classic Roth-era Van Halen! What the hell?

Jump to 3:30...

Jump to 0:41...

Who knew?
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: And Today's Biggest Shock Is...   And Today's Biggest Shock Is... Icon_minitimeSun Apr 07, 2019 11:35 am

That is surprising. Still hate his other bands. lol!
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: And Today's Biggest Shock Is...   And Today's Biggest Shock Is... Icon_minitimeSun Apr 07, 2019 11:40 am

Dark Horseman wrote:
That is surprising. Still hate his other bands. lol!

I love Slipknot and Stone Sour, but if you'd asked me 30 minutes ago if Corey Taylor could pull this off, I'd have laughed and said, "Hell no!" Haha.

I thought he was lip-syncing at first. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

PostSubject: Re: And Today's Biggest Shock Is...   And Today's Biggest Shock Is... Icon_minitimeSun Apr 07, 2019 12:07 pm

I admit he did a great job! But do you remember how he butchered that Metal Church cover some years ago? Apparently, he’s been vastly improving with his jukebox karaoke skills.
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: And Today's Biggest Shock Is...   And Today's Biggest Shock Is... Icon_minitimeSun Apr 07, 2019 12:18 pm

^ Laughing very hard
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25889

PostSubject: Re: And Today's Biggest Shock Is...   And Today's Biggest Shock Is... Icon_minitimeSun Apr 07, 2019 12:24 pm

Troublezone wrote:
I admit he did a great job! But do you remember how he butchered that Metal Church cover some years ago? Apparently, he’s been vastly improving with his jukebox karaoke skills.

lol!
Back to top Go down
Glower
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Glower

Number of posts : 3175

PostSubject: Re: And Today's Biggest Shock Is...   And Today's Biggest Shock Is... Icon_minitimeSun Apr 07, 2019 5:01 pm

Take Your Whiskey Home ! Wow ! That guy is great !
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39631

PostSubject: Re: And Today's Biggest Shock Is...   And Today's Biggest Shock Is... Icon_minitimeSun Apr 07, 2019 6:53 pm

And Today's Biggest Shock Is... Impressive-most-impressive
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: And Today's Biggest Shock Is...   And Today's Biggest Shock Is... Icon_minitimeSun Apr 07, 2019 8:51 pm

You are right, Ken. That is shocking! Shockingly good. Smile
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: And Today's Biggest Shock Is...   And Today's Biggest Shock Is... Icon_minitimeSun Apr 07, 2019 9:01 pm

Well if Van Halen ever dump DLR they have a ready made replacement. I actually like both of Corey Taylor's other bands, just surprised how well he sang the DLR songs, granted DLR is not the Pavarotti of the metal world, but his songs have to be backed with more just vocal ability, but a ton of rock n roll attitude.

Its also interesting, not just because Michael Anthony is there, but also John 5 who played with DLR, still great friends with him and played on an unreleased album that they recorded a couple of years back
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: And Today's Biggest Shock Is...   And Today's Biggest Shock Is... Icon_minitimeSun Apr 07, 2019 9:49 pm

I think Corey has a hell of a voice. I like Slipknot and Stone Sour.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

PostSubject: Re: And Today's Biggest Shock Is...   And Today's Biggest Shock Is... Icon_minitimeMon Apr 08, 2019 12:23 am

I’m not his biggest fan... in fact I don’t think I ever bought a Slipknot album! But I have to admit the dude is a very versatile vocalist.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: And Today's Biggest Shock Is...   And Today's Biggest Shock Is... Icon_minitimeMon Apr 08, 2019 9:57 am

Don't care much for him or his bands, but yes, that was pretty cool. I like the little DLR-banter he did at the beginning. "Look at all the people here tonight"! Razz

Metal student
Metal student
Aaron_D

Number of posts : 207

PostSubject: Re: And Today's Biggest Shock Is...   And Today's Biggest Shock Is... Icon_minitimeMon Apr 08, 2019 8:13 pm

I didn't expect that. Take Your Whiskey Home is really good. John 5 is no slouch on the guitar either.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: And Today's Biggest Shock Is...   And Today's Biggest Shock Is... Icon_minitimeMon Apr 08, 2019 9:58 pm

That was amazing. Yes, the banter was spot on. Never been a fan of John 5 tho. But so good to see Michael having a good time, and damn HE STILL SOUNDS 23 YEARS OLD.

Corey's a cool cat. Intelligent, well-spoken, great songwriter. I'll say it again, Slipknot is criminally--and arbitrarily--underrated around these parts.
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: And Today's Biggest Shock Is...   And Today's Biggest Shock Is... Icon_minitimeTue Apr 09, 2019 9:11 pm

Surprising.Though Corey did a very good job, I'll go with the former Atomic Punks cover band singer.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: And Today's Biggest Shock Is...   And Today's Biggest Shock Is... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

And Today's Biggest Shock Is...
Page 1 of 1