Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Biggest metal album failures

Go down 
+21
ultmetal
MetalFRO
INVADERS
Troublezone
mr.electric39
sam
Metal Misfit
mc666
Hamer12
Coma
Svengo
Thrasher73
Temple of Blood
nevermore
Lurideath
Fat Freddy
MetalRob331
MetalGuy71
manny
T-Roy
Conservationist
25 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Conservationist
Metal novice
Metal novice
Conservationist

Number of posts : 87

Biggest metal album failures Empty
PostSubject: Biggest metal album failures   Biggest metal album failures Icon_minitimeWed Aug 26, 2009 2:45 pm

Quote :

Biggest metal album failures Asphyx-god_cries

Of all genres of music, metal is unique because the line between "acceptable" and "total failure" is very narrow. Making metal is easy, but making good metal... difficult. Periodically, metal bands either sell out or have personal problems, and they create metal failures. Here's a list of ten of the worst metal FAILs of all time.

The most epic METAL FAILs of all time

I'm also going to go out on a limb and say that Massacre The Promise and Judas Priest Ram it Down should be on the list.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Biggest metal album failures   Biggest metal album failures Icon_minitimeWed Aug 26, 2009 3:02 pm

Biggest metal album failures 2-2

This one gets my vote.
Back to top Go down
T-Roy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

Number of posts : 4077

PostSubject: Re: Biggest metal album failures   Biggest metal album failures Icon_minitimeWed Aug 26, 2009 3:07 pm

You're on a freakin' role brotha!! Biggest metal album failures 47715
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Biggest metal album failures   Biggest metal album failures Icon_minitimeWed Aug 26, 2009 3:10 pm

I read thru the list, and what fails is this list. Whoever wrote this article besides brain dead, is also tone death.

Morbid Angel-Domination -Does not sound like Pantera, only a dipsh!t dickweed would ever make such a statement.

Metallica, Entombed, and Slayer, while they may not be their best albums are certainly not artistic failures.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Biggest metal album failures   Biggest metal album failures Icon_minitimeWed Aug 26, 2009 3:17 pm

Did I miss something? Where is the list? surprised

Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

PostSubject: Re: Biggest metal album failures   Biggest metal album failures Icon_minitimeWed Aug 26, 2009 3:18 pm

Domination is my fav Morbid Angel release so I cant agree with him there. This guy seems to think all bands in the 90's wanted to sound like Pantera or wished they were Pantera.
Back to top Go down
T-Roy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

Number of posts : 4077

PostSubject: Re: Biggest metal album failures   Biggest metal album failures Icon_minitimeWed Aug 26, 2009 3:28 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
I can't see it either. don\'t know
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Biggest metal album failures   Biggest metal album failures Icon_minitimeWed Aug 26, 2009 3:30 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:

Ahhhh, nevermind I found it. Hmmmmmm, well since I've only heard/own 2 albums on that list, I'll just have to agree with Manny that the author must be some sort of brain dead, tone deaf, dipsh*t, dickweed. With some serious Pantera issues. Biggest metal album failures 288219

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37654

PostSubject: Re: Biggest metal album failures   Biggest metal album failures Icon_minitimeWed Aug 26, 2009 3:30 pm

Click on the line "The Most Epic METAL FAILS of all time" in the first post. It's a link that'll take you to the list.

Since I have heard almost none of the albums on this list (save for Metallica's Black Album) I can't really say whether I agree or disagree with any of the picks.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Biggest metal album failures   Biggest metal album failures Icon_minitimeWed Aug 26, 2009 3:34 pm

T-Roy wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:
I can't see it either. don\'t know

It's towards the bottom of the original post quote. Trust me, you're better off not seeing it.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3893

PostSubject: Re: Biggest metal album failures   Biggest metal album failures Icon_minitimeWed Aug 26, 2009 3:40 pm

Well whoever made this list is about a lost cause!

That Asphyx album rules! Had it since it was released and it never gets old.

Morbid Angel should in no way be on that list. A failure how? They toured a lot and remember seeing them with At The Gates and Dissection supporting. They weren't as brutal as they were prior to this album, but this was one of the biggest selling death metal releases ever.

They listed the new Pestilence album. No way thats a failure either.

What is this guy comparing any of these albums to?

A few of those I will say I didn't care much for, but they are not BAD albums or failures.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25889

PostSubject: Re: Biggest metal album failures   Biggest metal album failures Icon_minitimeWed Aug 26, 2009 3:42 pm

Even though I like Cold Lake, I expected to see that album on this list before those others.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Biggest metal album failures   Biggest metal album failures Icon_minitimeWed Aug 26, 2009 3:46 pm

Load is way more fail than the Black Album.
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Biggest metal album failures   Biggest metal album failures Icon_minitimeWed Aug 26, 2009 3:51 pm

It's featured on a website known for crank opinions. He's been posting garbage ever since I first got on The Internets.
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Biggest metal album failures   Biggest metal album failures Icon_minitimeWed Aug 26, 2009 4:13 pm

Total B.S.Entombed's Wolverine Blues is pretty decent I think.
Back to top Go down
Svengo
Metal master
Metal master
Svengo

Number of posts : 967

PostSubject: Re: Biggest metal album failures   Biggest metal album failures Icon_minitimeWed Aug 26, 2009 4:21 pm

Most of the albums on the list seem to be not so much failures as albums where the band's fan-base is pretty evenly split into hate it/love it camps. Most bands with a hardcore fan-base have at least one or two albums that fall into that category.
Back to top Go down
Coma
Metal student
Metal student
Coma

Number of posts : 128

PostSubject: Re: Biggest metal album failures   Biggest metal album failures Icon_minitimeWed Aug 26, 2009 4:26 pm

The only failure as far as I'm concerned is the Obituary disc. I'm not too familiar with the Cynic and Asphyx discs though.

"Wolverine Blues" is still one of my favorite Entombed albums. They basically invented "death'n'roll" with this one. Yes, it's not "Left Hand Path" and "Clandestine". So what? Hundreds of Swedish bands recorded albums in the early Entombed vein afterwards, so listen to them instead. The album that should have been mentioned by them is "Same Difference".

The black album? It's still a strong record despite not being as fast as the older stuff. "Load" IS the worst failure of all times.

"Divine Intervention"? All right, this isn't "Reign in Blood" or "Seasons in the Abyss", but it's still MUCH better than the stuff they released afterwards.

Emperor "IX Equilibrium" a failure? True, the band drifted away from their old-school Norwegian black metal roots, but it's still high quality stuff.

Suffocation? I don't hear many differences between the old stuff and that one. It's still that technical yet erratic death metal that you either love or hate.

The new Pestilence? Come on, it isn't that bad. I didn't like it at first, but like most Pestilence albums, it requires a few listens to get into it.

Like someone said previously, "Domination" can't be considered a failure. It's definitely not as brutal as before, but it has that sinister, evil vibe. It's still the Morbid Angel disc I listen to most nowadays, along with "Covenant".

There are worst examples.
Back to top Go down
http://thethrashzone.byethost32.com/df-trade.html
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Biggest metal album failures   Biggest metal album failures Icon_minitimeWed Aug 26, 2009 4:47 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:
It's featured on a website known for crank opinions. He's been posting garbage ever since I first got on The Internets.

You aren't kidding, under metal books, first they listed a book about The Doors, my favorite band in the universe, but when have The Doors ever been considered metal? and also what book did this guy read?

'Densmore is under the grip of Catholic morality and while recognizing it is unable to vanquish it '

What!!!!!

http://www.anus.com/metal/about/books/
Back to top Go down
Hamer12
Metal master
Metal master
Hamer12

Number of posts : 828

PostSubject: Re: Biggest metal album failures   Biggest metal album failures Icon_minitimeWed Aug 26, 2009 5:12 pm

Wolverine Blues is one of my favorite albums & one of their best IMO.
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Biggest metal album failures   Biggest metal album failures Icon_minitimeWed Aug 26, 2009 5:12 pm

The new PESTILENCE album is great.
Back to top Go down
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3893

PostSubject: Re: Biggest metal album failures   Biggest metal album failures Icon_minitimeWed Aug 26, 2009 6:47 pm

Well I would have expected to see albums more like

Metallica - St Anger
Megadeth - Risk
Iron Maiden - X Factor
Iron Maiden - Virtual XI
Slayer - Diabolus In Musica
Anthrax - Volume 8

Just to name a few.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Biggest metal album failures   Biggest metal album failures Icon_minitimeWed Aug 26, 2009 7:15 pm

Conservationist wrote:
Quote :
Of all genres of music, metal is unique because the line between "acceptable" and "total failure" is very narrow. Making metal is easy, but making good metal... difficult. Periodically, metal bands either sell out or have personal problems, and they create metal failures. Here's a list of ten of the worst metal FAILs of all time.

The most epic METAL FAILs of all time

I'm also going to go out on a limb and say that Massacre The Promise and Judas Priest Ram it Down should be on the list.
Divine Intervention, Wolverine Blues, Domination, God Cries, IX Equilibrium, & Souls to Deny????? he appears to be an elitist tool to me. trendy terms like "epic fail" are more suitably applied to lists like these.

PostSubject: Re: Biggest metal album failures   Biggest metal album failures Icon_minitimeWed Aug 26, 2009 7:33 pm

I still don't understand the almost universal hate surrounding "Diablos In Musica", it's basically South Of Heaven Part 2 (which is why I like it so much) Slayer has yet to release a truly "bad" album, some are just more potent than others.

Divine Intervention's biggest flaw is that it's rather dull in comparison to the rest of their catalog. Serviceable but uninspired.
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: Biggest metal album failures   Biggest metal album failures Icon_minitimeWed Aug 26, 2009 8:30 pm

Of course Black Album made the list as the biggest fail of all time. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
sam
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
sam

Number of posts : 3012

PostSubject: Re: Biggest metal album failures   Biggest metal album failures Icon_minitimeWed Aug 26, 2009 10:46 pm

manny wrote:
I read thru the list, and what fails is this list. Whoever wrote this article besides brain dead, is also tone death.

Morbid Angel-Domination -Does not sound like Pantera, only a dipsh!t dickweed would ever make such a statement.

Metallica, Entombed, and Slayer, while they may not be their best albums are certainly not artistic failures.

got to go with manny here.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/samthebrutal
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Biggest metal album failures   Biggest metal album failures Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Biggest metal album failures
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next