Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Four years ago today

Go down 
+17
TheGooch
ultmetal
MetalRob331
manny
DallasBlack
tohostudios
the sentinel
XYZ
Lurideath
Troublezone
AngelRipper16
mc666
Addy
DeathCult
Schbopo
Fat Freddy
Required Fields
21 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28453

Four years ago today Empty
PostSubject: Four years ago today   Four years ago today Icon_minitimeMon Dec 08, 2008 2:08 pm

Four years ago today DimebagDarrell_RIP
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan

PostSubject: Re: Four years ago today   Four years ago today Icon_minitimeMon Dec 08, 2008 2:17 pm

..and I still don't care.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37652

PostSubject: Re: Four years ago today   Four years ago today Icon_minitimeMon Dec 08, 2008 2:19 pm

spectrefate wrote:

...Ouch!

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Schbopo
Ate his vegetables
Schbopo

Number of posts : 4958

PostSubject: Re: Four years ago today   Four years ago today Icon_minitimeMon Dec 08, 2008 5:20 pm

spectrefate wrote:

Why not? He was a great guitar player.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37652

PostSubject: Re: Four years ago today   Four years ago today Icon_minitimeMon Dec 08, 2008 5:23 pm

Schbopo wrote:
spectrefate wrote:

Why not? He was a great guitar player.

Don't get him started. PLEASE don't get him started.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Four years ago today   Four years ago today Icon_minitimeMon Dec 08, 2008 5:23 pm

spectrefate wrote:
Why do you act like such a bitter ass these days?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Four years ago today   Four years ago today Icon_minitimeMon Dec 08, 2008 5:30 pm

Eyesore wrote:

These days? You've "Known" me over a year. I have always been this way.
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: Four years ago today   Four years ago today Icon_minitimeMon Dec 08, 2008 5:34 pm

Eyesore wrote:
spectrefate wrote:

Who said he's acting?
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

PostSubject: Re: Four years ago today   Four years ago today Icon_minitimeMon Dec 08, 2008 5:42 pm

and it was over 60 years ago on the 7th that Pearl Harbor was invaded but nobodys paying them tribute
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Four years ago today   Four years ago today Icon_minitimeMon Dec 08, 2008 5:44 pm

Addy wrote:
and it was over 60 years ago on the 7th that Pearl Harbor was invaded but nobodys paying them tribute
so go to unsound mind & start one.

AngelRipper16
Metal novice
Metal novice
AngelRipper16

Number of posts : 99

PostSubject: Re: Four years ago today   Four years ago today Icon_minitimeMon Dec 08, 2008 5:47 pm

Addy wrote:

Hah! Saw that movie two days ago. Ok enough, I guess (sorry for going off topic Laughing ).
But still, it's not such a bad thing taking a moment to remember a great musician.
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

PostSubject: Re: Four years ago today   Four years ago today Icon_minitimeMon Dec 08, 2008 5:54 pm

Anyways I mirror specter's first post
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

PostSubject: Re: Four years ago today   Four years ago today Icon_minitimeMon Dec 08, 2008 6:16 pm

Eyesore wrote:
spectrefate wrote:

You know spec... if he doesn't like their music, they can go die. He hates Ozzy and Dimebag period. It's sad but he's entitled to his opinion.

Last edited by troublezone on Mon Dec 08, 2008 6:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Four years ago today   Four years ago today Icon_minitimeMon Dec 08, 2008 6:17 pm

Quote :
You know spec... if he doesn't like their music, they can go die.

Correct. Smile
Back to top Go down
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3892

PostSubject: Re: Four years ago today   Four years ago today Icon_minitimeMon Dec 08, 2008 7:23 pm

I'm with you Spectrefate.

How long are people going to drag this out??? Pretty old already.
Back to top Go down
XYZ
Card-carrying Van Halen Freak
XYZ

Number of posts : 2600

PostSubject: Re: Four years ago today   Four years ago today Icon_minitimeMon Dec 08, 2008 7:25 pm

Too bad. Great guitarist.
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Four years ago today   Four years ago today Icon_minitimeMon Dec 08, 2008 7:31 pm

Rest In Peace, DD.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

PostSubject: Re: Four years ago today   Four years ago today Icon_minitimeMon Dec 08, 2008 8:09 pm

Lurideath wrote:

He left an impression on people and he had a lot of fans that care. People still talk about Chuck Schuldiner too but Pantera was a houshold name.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Four years ago today   Four years ago today Icon_minitimeMon Dec 08, 2008 8:29 pm

troublezone wrote:
Lurideath wrote:

He left an impression on people and he had a lot of fans that care. People still talk about Chuck Schuldiner too but Pantera was a houshold name.

I'm sort of with Spec in this.

I don't like Pantera, never have. Just not my cup of tea.

But the passing of a young(ish) person because of a random, act of violence is still tragic IMO.

However, is Dime's passing more tragic than Criss Oliva's in 1993? Why did I not see any threads back in October memorializing the 15th anniversary of his death at the hands of a drunk driver?
(if there was one, I missed it).

Ate his vegetables
Schbopo

PostSubject: Re: Four years ago today   Four years ago today Icon_minitimeMon Dec 08, 2008 8:34 pm

tohostudios wrote:

However, is Dime's passing more tragic than Criss Oliva's in 1993? Why did I not see any threads back in October memorializing the 15th anniversary of his death at the hands of a drunk driver?

He was in my "Everybody cool is dead" thread, if that counts.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Four years ago today   Four years ago today Icon_minitimeMon Dec 08, 2008 8:46 pm

Schbopo wrote:
tohostudios wrote:

Last year we had one. I remember listening to my favorite Savatge songs in his honor. I've made no bones about how I feel about his death. IMO, he was one of the best, and my favorite, guitarists of all time.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Four years ago today   Four years ago today Icon_minitimeMon Dec 08, 2008 8:48 pm

DallasBlack wrote:
Schbopo wrote:
tohostudios wrote:

Last year we had one. I remember listening to my favorite Savatge songs in his honor. I've made no bones about how I feel about his death. IMO, he was one of the best, and my favorite, guitarists of all time.

Ditto.

It just seems to me the Dimebag fans outnumber the Oliva fans and that irks me.

Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Four years ago today   Four years ago today Icon_minitimeMon Dec 08, 2008 8:52 pm

tohostudios wrote:
DallasBlack wrote:
Schbopo wrote:
tohostudios wrote:

Ditto.

I was extremely irked that Curt Cobain gets more recognition than both put together. But I figure that as long as us faithful few keep Criss in memory than thats all that counts.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Four years ago today   Four years ago today Icon_minitimeMon Dec 08, 2008 9:00 pm

DallasBlack wrote:
tohostudios wrote:
DallasBlack wrote:
Schbopo wrote:
tohostudios wrote:

Ditto.

I was extremely irked that Curt Cobain gets more recognition than both put together. But I figure that as long as us faithful few keep Criss in memory than thats all that counts.

Yeah, IMO, Kurt is soooooo overrated. Sure his band ushered in the grunge era but where is that era now?

And Kurt took his life by his own hand which to me is far less tragic than the deaths of Criss and Dime who were killed by other people.

Ate his vegetables
Schbopo

PostSubject: Re: Four years ago today   Four years ago today Icon_minitimeMon Dec 08, 2008 9:03 pm

Today is not very uplifting.
Sad
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Four years ago today   Four years ago today Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Four years ago today
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next