Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Five years ago today...

Go down 
+12
INVADERS
Leatherface
the sentinel
Stender
shamgar75
GrandNational
akeldama
Schbopo
mc666
Addy
XYZ
Required Fields
16 posters
AuthorMessage
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28438

Five years ago today... Empty
PostSubject: Five years ago today...   Five years ago today... Icon_minitimeTue Dec 08, 2009 5:53 pm

Five years ago today... Dimebag_darrell

R.I.P.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
XYZ
Card-carrying Van Halen Freak
XYZ

Number of posts : 2600

PostSubject: Re: Five years ago today...   Five years ago today... Icon_minitimeTue Dec 08, 2009 6:13 pm

Bad day for music. RIP
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Five years ago today...   Five years ago today... Icon_minitimeTue Dec 08, 2009 6:34 pm

Five years ago today... 328982
Five years ago today... 163436
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

PostSubject: Re: Five years ago today...   Five years ago today... Icon_minitimeTue Dec 08, 2009 7:21 pm

December seemed to be a bad month for Music
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Five years ago today...   Five years ago today... Icon_minitimeTue Dec 08, 2009 9:50 pm

on the bright side, it meant the end of Damageplan & no possible return of Pantera. on the darkside, it spawned Hellyeah.

Schbopo
Ate his vegetables
Schbopo

Number of posts : 4958

PostSubject: Re: Five years ago today...   Five years ago today... Icon_minitimeTue Dec 08, 2009 9:54 pm

Yup, that bites.
Back to top Go down
akeldama
Metal is Forever
akeldama

Number of posts : 7831

PostSubject: Re: Five years ago today...   Five years ago today... Icon_minitimeTue Dec 08, 2009 10:00 pm

As much as I didn't care for Pantera or Damageplan and I think Dime is overrated I still think this is a tragedy.
Back to top Go down
GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Number of posts : 3830

PostSubject: Re: Five years ago today...   Five years ago today... Icon_minitimeTue Dec 08, 2009 10:29 pm

mc666 wrote:
on the bright side, it meant the end of Damageplan & no possible return of Pantera. on the darkside, it spawned Hellyeah.

Only mc can turn a tragedy into humor Five years ago today... Icon_biggrin
Back to top Go down
shamgar75
Metal master
Metal master
shamgar75

Number of posts : 683

PostSubject: Re: Five years ago today...   Five years ago today... Icon_minitimeTue Dec 08, 2009 10:53 pm

Wow - 5 years already. Crazy stuff. RIP. Five years ago today... Icon_cry
Back to top Go down
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

PostSubject: Re: Five years ago today...   Five years ago today... Icon_minitimeTue Dec 08, 2009 10:55 pm

mc666 wrote:

+1
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Five years ago today...   Five years ago today... Icon_minitimeTue Dec 08, 2009 11:17 pm

I remember sitting on the couch in the apartment me and the ex shared and using her laptop to check my emails. This news was all over the front page of msn.com. Sad.
Back to top Go down
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 18928

PostSubject: Re: Five years ago today...   Five years ago today... Icon_minitimeWed Dec 09, 2009 12:25 am

RIP.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
INVADERS
Metal master
Metal master
INVADERS

Number of posts : 937

PostSubject: Re: Five years ago today...   Five years ago today... Icon_minitimeWed Dec 09, 2009 5:00 am

Time flies...

R.I.P dude
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Five years ago today...   Five years ago today... Icon_minitimeWed Dec 09, 2009 9:05 am

I am a Pantera fan and felt that he was a great if a somewhat overrated guitartist. I think Damageplan was a poor man's Pantera and prefered Phil's Down project.

What I admired about Pantera is during the era where metal was suppose to be dead and buried they were actually able to release commerically successful albums with little airplay. I do think that the impact of the band and their influence on bands that followed maybe overstated but I felt they were a good band and Dimebag was a better than average guitarist.

A senseless tragic event commited by some moron.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

PostSubject: Re: Five years ago today...   Five years ago today... Icon_minitimeWed Dec 09, 2009 10:48 am

It's too bad he went out like that... I liked his music. RIP
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12618

PostSubject: Re: Five years ago today...   Five years ago today... Icon_minitimeWed Dec 09, 2009 10:58 am

I remember him as a skinny runt who made a pretty nice looking chick Five years ago today... 201269

The club scene in Texas during the early/mid 80's was a great place to play. No matter what folks think of the band or his playing, The dude made an impact on music.

R.I.P

Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

PostSubject: Re: Five years ago today...   Five years ago today... Icon_minitimeWed Dec 09, 2009 11:11 am

Quote :
The dude made an impact on music.

He had his own style and that's more than most can say.
Back to top Go down
powermacho
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
powermacho

Number of posts : 1773

PostSubject: Re: Five years ago today...   Five years ago today... Icon_minitimeWed Dec 09, 2009 5:00 pm

time has passed very fast. I can remember watching his guitar clinics online before his death. He was doing great with his Dean guitars
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Five years ago today...   Five years ago today... Icon_minitimeWed Dec 09, 2009 5:24 pm

I'm not a Pantera fan and wasn't overly fond of Dimebag's guitar style...HOWEVER...it is still a tragedy and nobody deserves that kind of fate.

R.I.P. Darrell.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Five years ago today...   Five years ago today... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Five years ago today...
Page 1 of 1