Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Friday The 13th Trailer

Go down 
+14
sam
Lurideath
iamrockerfun
MetalRob331
scottmitchell74
Troublezone
spiritoradio
manny
Metal Misfit
DeathCult
Thrasher73
Fat Freddy
tohostudios
metalinmyveins
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37658

Friday The 13th Trailer - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Friday The 13th Trailer   Friday The 13th Trailer - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 04, 2008 6:05 pm

Check out the new "F13" poster:

http://www.shocktillyoudrop.com/news/topnews.php?id=8719

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Friday The 13th Trailer   Friday The 13th Trailer - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 04, 2008 6:08 pm

Really what is going to sell this movie to me is how Jason is portrayed. Everything else is just filler for me. If the dude in the suit is good, then I'll like the movie. That's why I like Jason X, and you still suck.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37658

PostSubject: Re: Friday The 13th Trailer   Friday The 13th Trailer - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 04, 2008 6:10 pm

spectrefate wrote:

That's why I like Jason X, and you still suck.

I thought I was the only one who liked "Jason X." High five!

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: Friday The 13th Trailer   Friday The 13th Trailer - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 04, 2008 6:27 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Check out the new "F13" poster:

[url=http://www.shocktillyoudrop.com/news/topnews.php?id=8719
http://www.shocktillyoudrop.com/news/topnews.php?id=8719[/quote[/url]]

Cool poster. He must of ripped off some newer clothing. He looks a little to Shiek as far as that goes, but otherwise cool.
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

PostSubject: Re: Friday The 13th Trailer   Friday The 13th Trailer - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 04, 2008 6:28 pm

spectrefate wrote:
Really what is going to sell this movie to me is how Jason is portrayed. Everything else is just filler for me. If the dude in the suit is good, then I'll like the movie. That's why I like Jason X, and you still suck.

To me Jason has always been cool, it's been everything else that's been a debacle since the end of IV. The casting has been atrocious for the most part, the location shoots, and the storyline.
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

PostSubject: Re: Friday The 13th Trailer   Friday The 13th Trailer - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 07, 2008 6:28 pm

Here is the newest trailer, but watch at your own risk. I think it almost gives up too much info...But it looks awesome.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Phn-Ux2XJ4
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Friday The 13th Trailer   Friday The 13th Trailer - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 07, 2008 6:36 pm

It looks really cool, but where is the cheesiness factor that the original series had? I look forward to it, I am fan of the series, The Nightmare on Elm Street and of course the Halloween series, it should be cool.

It is amazing that relaunching of movie series craze has now extended to horror movies.
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

PostSubject: Re: Friday The 13th Trailer   Friday The 13th Trailer - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 07, 2008 7:00 pm

manny wrote:
It looks really cool, but where is the cheesiness factor that the original series had? I look forward to it, I am fan of the series, The Nightmare on Elm Street and of course the Halloween series, it should be cool.

It is amazing that relaunching of movie series craze has now extended to horror movies.

I didn't think the first four had many moments of cheese. I think chesse started in Part VI when we had a zombified Jason. They started incoporating comedic elements, which I feel are a total waste of time with this franchise. I thought that kind of brought down the Nightmare series. I thought the first two were pretty scary, but after that, not so much.

I agree with you on the relaunching of older movies. I think its kind of gotten to an absurd level. What does that tell you about Hollywood these days, and not being able to write anything that is even remotely good within the horror genre?
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Friday The 13th Trailer   Friday The 13th Trailer - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 07, 2008 7:06 pm

metalinmyveins wrote:
manny wrote:

I didn't think the first four had many moments of cheese. I think chesse started in Part VI when we had a zombified Jason. They started incoporating comedic elements, which I feel are a total waste of time with this franchise. I thought that kind of brought down the Nightmare series. I thought the first two were pretty scary, but after that, not so much.

I agree with you on the relaunching of older movies. I think its kind of gotten to an absurd level. What does that tell you about Hollywood these days, and not being able to write anything that is even remotely good within the horror genre?

Well, I agree the first two didn't have any cheese but the third one was in 3D. That's pretty cheesy in my book.

I HATE this trend of remaking classic horror movies; I'd rather Hollywood work on giving us new horror movies. I already know the story of Texas Chainsaw Massacre, The Hills Have Eyes, Dawn Of The Dead, Halloween, Prom Night, etc, etc...

The real kicker will be the remake of Hellraiser. I'm sooooo dreading that one; I just know they're gonna CGI the hell out of it.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

PostSubject: Re: Friday The 13th Trailer   Friday The 13th Trailer - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 07, 2008 7:17 pm

I do agree from a production standpoint that Friday the 13th Part III was cheesy because of the 3D, I guess I was referring more from a storyline standpoint. I thought for the most part they were effective in making it a scary movie. The only thing I didn't like was their failure from a continuity standpoint. You have Jason after Friday The 13th Part II who was not only smaller, but he looked quite different from the Jason in Part III, and it was supposed to be the next day. That was the worst continuity error within the first four movies. There should've been a 2-3 year gap between the two flicks.

I actually didn't mind the first Chainsaw Massacre remake. I didn't like the 2nd one, because I've always been of the firm belief that someone needs to survive (that good needs to defeat evil). I knew going into "The Beginning" that it probably wasn't going to have the least bit of a positive outcome, but being the horror fan that I am, I took the chance.

I didn't mind the remake of "The Hills Have Eyes", but I hated the 2nd one.

I wasn't a fan of the "Halloween" remake either. I didn't mind the more extensive backstory of the young Michael Myers, but everything after that was not good IMO. I didn't like the fact that they had some 7 ft guy playing Michael either. It just wasn't enjoyable watching some WWE sized guy playing that character. I also didn't like the change in storyline. I'm still not sure who died and who didn't.

As far as "Hellraiser", yeah it probably will get a hatchet job, but we'll see.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Friday The 13th Trailer   Friday The 13th Trailer - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 07, 2008 10:53 pm

I didnot like the backstory to Michael Myers story in Rob Zombie's Halloween. As a matter of fact I thought the movie border line sucked. To me the whole point of the Michael Myers character, at least in the first two Halloween movies we don't know why he is they way he is, I liked the whole mystery of the character. I also agree that hiring some big guy does not make the character more frighting.

The backstory Rob Zombie added didnot explain why he can't be killed or maybe he can since they left story line open ended. Also the character actress that took over the Jaime Lee Curtis role either wasn't a strong enough actress to flesh out the character. It was an ok film, but I have not cared to revisit Zombie's Halloween.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Friday The 13th Trailer   Friday The 13th Trailer - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 07, 2008 10:57 pm

manny wrote:
I didnot like the backstory to Michael Myers story in Rob Zombie's Halloween. As a matter of fact I thought the movie border line sucked. To me the whole point of the Michael Myers character, at least in the first two Halloween movies we don't know why he is they way he is, I liked the whole mystery of the character. I also agree that hiring some big guy does not make the character more frighting.

The backstory Rob Zombie added didnot explain why he can't be killed or maybe he can since they left story line open ended. Also the character actress that took over the Jaime Lee Curtis role either wasn't a strong enough actress to flesh out the character. It was an ok film, but I have not cared to revisit Zombie's Halloween.

That's the way I feel about all the recent horror movie remakes. The only one I revisit occasionally is The Hills Have Eyes. The "National Anthem" scene still creeps me out.

But the rest of them are throwaways IMO. Even R. Lee Ermey can't save the TCM remake; just lame. The beauty of the original TCM was that people thought it was really gory yet there's actually very little gore in it; a tribute to Tobe Hooper's filmaking skill.

Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9047

PostSubject: Re: Friday The 13th Trailer   Friday The 13th Trailer - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 07, 2008 11:18 pm

Quote :

I liked it!! I've liked them all at one level or another. I'd give a lot of money for a poster of the waitress who Jason elbowed, in IX, and got her face caved in. There's a moment there that's priceless.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Friday The 13th Trailer   Friday The 13th Trailer - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 07, 2008 11:28 pm

scottmitchell74 wrote:
Quote :

I liked it!! I've liked them all at one level or another. I'd give a lot of money for a poster of the waitress who Jason elbowed, in IX, and got her face caved in. There's a moment there that's priceless.

Sheesh! No wonder I look to Asia for my horror fix. They go places no North American production would go.

scottmitchell74

PostSubject: Re: Friday The 13th Trailer   Friday The 13th Trailer - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 07, 2008 11:33 pm

Where do they go? I need to start renting more of those, but I don't know where to find them.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Friday The 13th Trailer   Friday The 13th Trailer - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 07, 2008 11:44 pm

scottmitchell74 wrote:
Where do they go? I need to start renting more of those, but I don't know where to find them.

No offense Scott but I think your sensibilities would be offended.

Nothing, and I mean nothing, is out of bounds. The most notable being children. Children get killed in nasty ways in Asian horror and it's not off-camera.

A really good Asian horror movie that's usually readily available for rent is "Audition". No children killing in this one but there is really excruciating torture scenes in the second half after the first half plays like a romantic comedy. Great movie and a good introduction to Asian horror.

Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

PostSubject: Re: Friday The 13th Trailer   Friday The 13th Trailer - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 07, 2008 11:48 pm

I love horror movies and i thought all the remakes were good. When a horror movie becomes realistic it has that fear factor. Halloween, Jason, and The Texas Chainsaw all have that.

I think with Michael Bay having a hand in this it is going to be really good..
Back to top Go down
iamrockerfun
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
iamrockerfun

Number of posts : 2003

PostSubject: Re: Friday The 13th Trailer   Friday The 13th Trailer - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 09, 2008 6:05 pm

yea nice watch.
hope that's gonna be perfect as all old 80s parts.
Back to top Go down
http://bootlegnightmare.euweb.cz/
scottmitchell74
scottmitchell74

PostSubject: Re: Friday The 13th Trailer   Friday The 13th Trailer - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2008 9:33 am

Quote :
No offense Scott but I think your sensibilities would be offended.

Nothing, and I mean nothing, is out of bounds. The most notable being children. Children get killed in nasty ways in Asian horror and it's not off-camera.

You may very well be right. Once upon a time nothing bothered me but I think two things have changed that some. I have kiddos now, and I see enough real-life horror on duty that I don't care to see it on film.

Zombie or silly gore is O.K. - but the kind humans can and actually do to others...I'm losing interest in that.
Back to top Go down
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3893

PostSubject: Re: Friday The 13th Trailer   Friday The 13th Trailer - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 16, 2008 7:52 pm

This new movie is going to rule!!!!!! That trailer is killer. I got another trailer that I had downloaded like 6 months ago that is pretty cool too. Looking forward to this movie.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

PostSubject: Re: Friday The 13th Trailer   Friday The 13th Trailer - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 18, 2008 10:17 am

Friday The 13th Trailer - Page 4 692390:
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

PostSubject: Re: Friday The 13th Trailer   Friday The 13th Trailer - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 18, 2008 2:45 pm

troublezone wrote:

Troublezone, I love your avatar, "The Monster Squad". I was so glad when they finally released that movie on DVD in 2007. I had it on tape for the longest time. It was one of my favorite movies of the 80's.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

PostSubject: Re: Friday The 13th Trailer   Friday The 13th Trailer - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 19, 2008 6:02 am

metalinmyveins wrote:
troublezone wrote:

Troublezone, I love your avatar, "The Monster Squad". I was so glad when they finally released that movie on DVD in 2007. I had it on tape for the longest time. It was one of my favorite movies of the 80's.

I saw some at Wal-mart for only $7.50 and that includes a bonus disc with special features.
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

PostSubject: Re: Friday The 13th Trailer   Friday The 13th Trailer - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 05, 2009 11:58 am

Here's a little tidbit of info for those who haven't heard about this. There was a 90 minute documentary released on Tuesday called, "His Name Was Jason: 30 Years of Friday The 13th". It contains a bunch of interviews, pictures, etc... It was a Tom Savini project. All of your local retailers carry it, but if you go to Wal-Mart, it supposedly comes with a poster and a "FREE" ticket for the movie coming out on the 13th.

They've also released the first 3 movies again, but this time with all the original death scenes left in (Un-cut versions). The original movie contains a commentary with Sean Cunningham, which was NOT on the box set. The 3rd movie can be viewed in 3-D, and it comes with the glasses supposedly. Wal-Mart is selling the documentary for $10, and the movies for $13. I'm pretty pumped for the movie next Friday.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Friday The 13th Trailer   Friday The 13th Trailer - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 05, 2009 12:06 pm

metalinmyveins wrote:
Here's a little tidbit of info for those who haven't heard about this. There was a 90 minute documentary released on Tuesday called, "His Name Was Jason: 30 Years of Friday The 13th". It contains a bunch of interviews, pictures, etc... It was a Tom Savini project. All of your local retailers carry it, but if you go to Wal-Mart, it supposedly comes with a poster and a "FREE" ticket for the movie coming out on the 13th.

They've also released the first 3 movies again, but this time with all the original death scenes left in (Un-cut versions). The original movie contains a commentary with Sean Cunningham, which was NOT on the box set. The 3rd movie can be viewed in 3-D, and it comes with the glasses supposedly. Wal-Mart is selling the documentary for $10, and the movies for $13. I'm pretty pumped for the movie next Friday.

Sounds sweet!

The wife and I are going to see the new movie on February 14th for Valentine's Day. Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Friday The 13th Trailer   Friday The 13th Trailer - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Friday The 13th Trailer
Page 4 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next