Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Friday The 13th Trailer

Go down 
+14
sam
Lurideath
iamrockerfun
MetalRob331
scottmitchell74
Troublezone
spiritoradio
manny
Metal Misfit
DeathCult
Thrasher73
Fat Freddy
tohostudios
metalinmyveins
18 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

Friday The 13th Trailer Empty
PostSubject: Friday The 13th Trailer   Friday The 13th Trailer Icon_minitimeMon Oct 27, 2008 10:18 am

I don't know how many Friday The 13th fans we have out there, but I thought I would post 2 of the newest trailers for the remake that is due out on February 13th 2009. I'm generally not a fan of remakes, but this actually looks cool. That being said, the franchise needs a huge kick in the ass. This series has dropped way off after the 4th installment. The storyline for part V was interesting, but no Jason, so... Part VI added some comedic elements, which just don't belong in the horror genre, Part VII involved telekinetics (stupid), Part VIII took Jason out of his element, and put him in the "Big Apple" (what a disaster), Part IX and X were absolute abominations. I'm sure there will be those purists out there who say that this is a mistake, but at this point this franchise has absolutely nothing to lose, because the Friday movies were becoming a bigger joke with each one that came out since the brilliance that was Part IV.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9VYZGEkh6qk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-22T4gm7zrE
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Friday The 13th Trailer   Friday The 13th Trailer Icon_minitimeMon Oct 27, 2008 10:21 am

I am a Friday the 13th freak. This trailer is ok. I'll go see it, but I'm not too excited about it. I really hate modern horror movies for the most part.
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: Friday The 13th Trailer   Friday The 13th Trailer Icon_minitimeMon Oct 27, 2008 10:26 am

spectrefate wrote:
I am a Friday the 13th freak. This trailer is ok. I'll go see it, but I'm not too excited about it. I really hate modern horror movies for the most part.

I respect that, but with a straight face (not that I would be able to see you), you can't tell me that anything has been even half way decent since Part IV? This series (post IV) has done more damage to itself than any other in its genre IMO.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Friday The 13th Trailer   Friday The 13th Trailer Icon_minitimeMon Oct 27, 2008 10:37 am

My favorite is Part VI. I try not to take horror movies from the 80's too seriously. I think Part IV is one of the weakest, after Jason Goes To Hell.

My favorites in order....

1. Part VI
2. Part II
3. Part VII (Jason is extra brutal in this one, as if he's pissed at the crappy plot. The sleeping bag vs. tree is my favorite kill scene of all these movies)
4. Part III He gets his mask and the black bikers are just so anti-cliche)
5. Part I
6. Part IV
7. X
8. Part VIII
9. Jason Goes To Hell

Last edited by spectrefate on Mon Oct 27, 2008 10:38 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Friday The 13th Trailer   Friday The 13th Trailer Icon_minitimeMon Oct 27, 2008 10:37 am

Every series that goes more than 4 jumps the shark. Nightmare On Elm Street, Hellraiser, Texas Chainsaw. So I'm really worried about the new Saw.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37644

PostSubject: Re: Friday The 13th Trailer   Friday The 13th Trailer Icon_minitimeMon Oct 27, 2008 10:39 am

I'm a long time "F13" junkie, though to be honest I've seen the first five films so many times over the years that I'm pretty much burnt out on them and have no desire to see any of them ever again. I still get a kick out of "Part VI: Jason Lives" (my favorite sequel) and "Part VII: The New Blood" though. (the psychic girl was cute and it's fun to watch her put ole Jason through the wringer in the last fifteen minutes or so...) My main complaint about "Part VII" is that even though it's sub-titled "The New Blood," there's very little blood in it... all the gore scenes were heavily edited prior to the movie being released. (Some of the uncut kills are on YouTube somewhere and the flick would've been pretty nasty if they had been left in!)

I can take or leave "Part VIII: Jason Takes Manhattan"...I liked it when I first saw it in theaters years ago, of course I was 19 at the time and easily impressed (haha) but it definitely did not stand up to repeated viewings, and "Jason Goes To Hell" was simply god-awful. (Comic Book Guy Voice: "Worst... Jason movie... EVER.") "Jason X" was silly as hell but I liked it. I give them credit for trying to go somewhere else with the character rather than doing yet another "Horny teenagers lining up to be slaughtered at Camp Crystal Lake" flick. (Besides, Jason X contains my all time favorite kill scene of the entire series... when Jason dunks that chick's head in the tank of liquid nitrogen and then slams her on a table, where her head shatters like a beer bottle... bwahahaha!)

A lot of people really hated "Freddy Vs. Jason" too but I frickin loved that movie. It was the matchup that my inner Teenage Horror Geek had waited nearly fifteen years for.

I am cautiously optimistic about this new Friday flick... I gotta admit, the trailer looks pretty bad ass. Nothing I would run right out to the theatre to see, but definitely worth renting when it hits DVD.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Friday The 13th Trailer   Friday The 13th Trailer Icon_minitimeMon Oct 27, 2008 10:41 am

metalinmyveins wrote:

I respect that, but with a straight face (not that I would be able to see you), you can't tell me that anything has been even half way decent since Part IV? This series (post IV) has done more damage to itself than any other in its genre IMO.

I'd wager that the "Halloween" series shot itself in the foot even worse with parts 5, 6, and "Resurrection."

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat

Last edited by Fat Freddy on Mon Oct 27, 2008 10:47 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Friday The 13th Trailer   Friday The 13th Trailer Icon_minitimeMon Oct 27, 2008 10:44 am

Quote :
I'd wager that the "Halloween" series shot itself in the foot even worse with parts 5, 6, and "Resurrection"

Part 6 (The Curse...) is a favorite of mine. I also adore parts 4 and 5. The Halloween and Friday series are sentimental favorites of mine, and I like every part of them to varying degrees.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Friday The 13th Trailer   Friday The 13th Trailer Icon_minitimeMon Oct 27, 2008 10:48 am

spectrefate wrote:
Quote :
I'd wager that the "Halloween" series shot itself in the foot even worse with parts 5, 6, and "Resurrection"

Part 6 (The Curse...) is a favorite of mine. I also adore parts 4 and 5. The Halloween and Friday series are sentimental favorites of mine, and I like every part of them to varying degrees.

Nobody was happier than me to see Michael Myers return in "Halloween 4," but parts 5 and 6 were unforgivably bad. Druids? Man in Black? The Cult of the Thorn?? Say WHAT??

I didn't love Rob Zombie's "Halloween" re-boot, but didn't hate it either. At least it didn't have any rap stars in it.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Friday The 13th Trailer   Friday The 13th Trailer Icon_minitimeMon Oct 27, 2008 10:57 am

I liked Curse because it at least gave an explanation. Although I didn't buy it. Just like Michael dying at the end of Zombie's Halloween. I ain't buying it. I look to be entertained, I'm not so involved in the story. I know, that makes absolutely no sense to anyone but myself. lol!
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Friday The 13th Trailer   Friday The 13th Trailer Icon_minitimeMon Oct 27, 2008 11:04 am

spectrefate wrote:
I liked Curse because it at least gave an explanation. Although I didn't buy it. Just like Michael dying at the end of Zombie's Halloween. I ain't buying it. I look to be entertained, I'm not so involved in the story. I know, that makes absolutely no sense to anyone but myself. lol!

Don't get me wrong, "Halloween 5" and "6" are somewhat enjoyable on a "so-bad-it's good" level... but I don't watch them often...

Funny you bring up "an explanation," cuz when I first met my wife she had never seen any of the "Halloween" series. The first couple are some of my all time faves and when she watched'em with me she would comment how she was curious exactly WHAT made Michael Myers do what he did. (When she eventually saw "5" and "6" she didnt' care for those either.) So when Rob Zombie's "Halloween" rolled around I sez "Hey, you're finally gonna learn what made Michael Myers into the man he is today," and after we finished watching it she sez "Eh, now I think I liked it better when it was just a mystery." Laughing

Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Friday The 13th Trailer   Friday The 13th Trailer Icon_minitimeMon Oct 27, 2008 11:05 am

That was the part of Zombie's version that I enjoyed. Once he breaks out of the asylum, it's just a rehashing of the original. I liked the Michael Myers backstory.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Friday The 13th Trailer   Friday The 13th Trailer Icon_minitimeMon Oct 27, 2008 11:07 am

tohostudios wrote:
That was the part of Zombie's version that I enjoyed. Once he breaks out of the asylum, it's just a rehashing of the original. I liked the Michael Myers backstory.

The childhood/asylum stuff was interesting for a while but it dragged on for just a wee bit too long. Then by the time they got to the escape and his killing spree through Haddonfield, it was like watching the original on fast forward. Laughing

Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Friday The 13th Trailer   Friday The 13th Trailer Icon_minitimeMon Oct 27, 2008 11:10 am

Plus I'm a sucker for any Malcom McDowell movie.

Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Friday The 13th Trailer   Friday The 13th Trailer Icon_minitimeMon Oct 27, 2008 11:10 am

I hate any of these after about 3 sequels.My favorite F13 is still the first two.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Friday The 13th Trailer   Friday The 13th Trailer Icon_minitimeMon Oct 27, 2008 11:12 am

tohostudios wrote:

Yea, Malcolm was a nice bit of casting. Though nobody beats Donald Pleasance's insane performance in the older "Halloween" flicks. Even in some of the lamer sequels he was fun to watch, running around all bug eyed waving a huge gun around. Laughing

Last edited by Fat Freddy on Mon Oct 27, 2008 11:17 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Friday The 13th Trailer   Friday The 13th Trailer Icon_minitimeMon Oct 27, 2008 11:15 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
tohostudios wrote:

Yea, Malcolm was a nice bit of casting. Though nobody beats Donald Pleasance's insane performance in the older "Halloween" flicks. Even in some of the lamer sequels he was fun to watch, running around all bug eyed waving a huge gun around. Laughing

and saying "He's e-e-e-e-v-i-i-l!!!!!"

PostSubject: Re: Friday The 13th Trailer   Friday The 13th Trailer Icon_minitimeMon Oct 27, 2008 11:17 am

At the end of Part 6, I thought how they killed Loomis off was pretty tasteful considering he died during filming.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Friday The 13th Trailer   Friday The 13th Trailer Icon_minitimeMon Oct 27, 2008 11:17 am

tohostudios wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
tohostudios wrote:

and saying "He's e-e-e-e-v-i-i-l!!!!!"

Loomis: "I keep telling you, this isn't a MAN!"
Sheriff: "Then what the hell IS it?"
Loomis: "Eeeeeeeeeee-vil." Laughing very hard

Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Friday The 13th Trailer   Friday The 13th Trailer Icon_minitimeMon Oct 27, 2008 11:19 am

spectrefate wrote:
At the end of Part 6, I thought how they killed Loomis off was pretty tasteful considering he died during filming.

Was his character supposed to die in that one, or did they have to do a quick re-write on the fly after the fact? I've always wondered if that might have been part of the reason that "Halloween 6" was such a confused mess.

I've also heard that "Halloween 6" was subject to massive editing/re-shooting prior to release, to the point that the director wanted to sue the studio to have his name taken off of the movie. Supposedly there are bootlegs of a "director's cut" of "Halloween 6" circulating and that is much better than what eventually got released. Legend has it that if they'd released that version it could've been the best film of the series. Anyone familiar with it?

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Friday The 13th Trailer   Friday The 13th Trailer Icon_minitimeMon Oct 27, 2008 11:28 am

That sounds interesting, but I've never heard of it. I think they did a quickie job at the end of Part 6 to kill off Loomis.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Friday The 13th Trailer   Friday The 13th Trailer Icon_minitimeMon Oct 27, 2008 11:32 am

spectrefate wrote:
That sounds interesting, but I've never heard of it. I think they did a quickie job at the end of Part 6 to kill off Loomis.

I know Wikipedia is never the best source to quote, but you can find out some of the poop about it here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Halloween_6

There's also some info about it on the Halloween 6 page on IMDB.

...and geez, we've managed to completely hijack this thread and make it into a "Halloween" movie thread haven't we? Apologies to the original poster. Laughing

Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: Friday The 13th Trailer   Friday The 13th Trailer Icon_minitimeMon Oct 27, 2008 11:53 am

I like the first four F13 movies alot, after 6 they kinda lost me, I bought the boxset and Ill still watch the first 8, but Jason X and Goes To Hell i pretty much hate, and Im not looking forward to the remake.
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: Friday The 13th Trailer   Friday The 13th Trailer Icon_minitimeMon Oct 27, 2008 11:59 am

Trailer looks pretty faithful to the original series... so far (supposed to combine events from the first three). The problem with remakes though is that if you do something a little different, you're gonna get nailed by all the fans of the original but if you're playing it straight and true to the original... What's the point? Regardless, definitely going to see it because I'm a Jason freak and it was written by the guys who wrote the awesome FvJ.

Honestly, I'd rather see a continuation of Freddy vs. Jason or just Jason on his own rather than a revamp/remake of the franchise.

I LOVE Friday the 13th. The original Halloween movie is better than any Jason movie, but as a whole, I prefer the Friday franchise.

Here's how I'd rank'em:
1. Part VI
2. Part I
3. Part III
4. Freddy Vs. Jason
5. Part VIII (nostalgic reasons, my first Jason movie)
6. Part II
8. Part IV
9. Part VII
10. Part V
11. Jason X
12. Goes to Hell (the only one I don't own on DVD, just not a priority because it totally betrayed the series and sucks)

Anyone own the Friday the 13th box set (movies, not TV show)? I break it out every October. Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Friday The 13th Trailer   Friday The 13th Trailer Icon_minitimeMon Oct 27, 2008 12:02 pm

Quote :
Anyone own the Friday the 13th box set

No, but I'd give a testicle for it.

I have made my own bootleg copies of all the movies.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Friday The 13th Trailer   Friday The 13th Trailer Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Friday The 13th Trailer
Page 1 of 6Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: