Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Friday The 13th Trailer

Go down 
+14
sam
Lurideath
iamrockerfun
MetalRob331
scottmitchell74
Troublezone
spiritoradio
manny
Metal Misfit
DeathCult
Thrasher73
Fat Freddy
tohostudios
metalinmyveins
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37656

Friday The 13th Trailer - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Friday The 13th Trailer   Friday The 13th Trailer - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 05, 2009 10:10 am

SpectreFate wrote:

The wife and I are going to see the new movie on February 14th for Valentine's Day. Smile

Awww, ya big romantic lug, ya. Laughing Wouldn't it be more apropos to see "My Bloody Valentine?"

Seriously tho, that documentary sounds like it's worth picking up. There was a pretty cool documentary called "The Life and Times of Jason Voorhees" in the bonus features on the "Jason X" DVD that was entertaining but it kinda suffered because it didn't use any clips from the earlier films (probably because "Jason X" was a New Line release and the early films are still owned by Paramount.).

I don't know if I'd bother buying the first three movies yet again though, even if they are uncut. I've seen them enough times over the years.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: Friday The 13th Trailer   Friday The 13th Trailer - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 05, 2009 10:18 am

SpectreFate wrote:
metalinmyveins wrote:
Here's a little tidbit of info for those who haven't heard about this. There was a 90 minute documentary released on Tuesday called, "His Name Was Jason: 30 Years of Friday The 13th". It contains a bunch of interviews, pictures, etc... It was a Tom Savini project. All of your local retailers carry it, but if you go to Wal-Mart, it supposedly comes with a poster and a "FREE" ticket for the movie coming out on the 13th.

They've also released the first 3 movies again, but this time with all the original death scenes left in (Un-cut versions). The original movie contains a commentary with Sean Cunningham, which was NOT on the box set. The 3rd movie can be viewed in 3-D, and it comes with the glasses supposedly. Wal-Mart is selling the documentary for $10, and the movies for $13. I'm pretty pumped for the movie next Friday.

Sounds sweet!

The wife and I are going to see the new movie on February 14th for Valentine's Day. Smile

Nothing says Happy Valentine's Day like, "Hey honey, that new Friday The 13th flick is coming out next weekend"...That's awesome Spec!!! I'll actually be driving from Illinois to Indiana to see it with my brother next weekend. We'll go see the flick, and mix in some drinking over the weekend. Beer & Jason...good weekend!
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

PostSubject: Re: Friday The 13th Trailer   Friday The 13th Trailer - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 05, 2009 7:26 pm

I picked up the documentary, but I haven't watched it yet. The free ticket that they issue you can be used everywhere except A.M.C. theaters, which is about 99% of the theaters where it will be viewed. I was going to buy this documentary regardless, but I love how they fail to tell the consumer that on the outside of the packaging. You don't find this out, until you actually see the print on the ticket.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Friday The 13th Trailer   Friday The 13th Trailer - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 13, 2009 10:57 am

Roger Ebert actually gave the new "F13" a halfway decent review in today's paper... two stars. That's more than I expected from him.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
spiritoradio
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
spiritoradio

Number of posts : 1510

PostSubject: Re: Friday The 13th Trailer   Friday The 13th Trailer - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 13, 2009 2:10 pm

metalinmyveins wrote:
They've also released the first 3 movies again, but this time with all the original death scenes left in (Un-cut versions). The original movie contains a commentary with Sean Cunningham, which was NOT on the box set. The 3rd movie can be viewed in 3-D, and it comes with the glasses supposedly. Wal-Mart is selling the documentary for $10, and the movies for $13. I'm pretty pumped for the movie next Friday.

I think that the first one is uncut with the commentary, the second one has no special features and is still the original cut that has been out for years, but the third one is in 3D with glasses, but not uncut. IMO they need to release all of them uncut with commentary.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?ref=profile&id=507304580
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

PostSubject: Re: Friday The 13th Trailer   Friday The 13th Trailer - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 13, 2009 10:31 pm

This movie has got some great reviews. I will see it sometime within the next 2 days. Online that is.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Friday The 13th Trailer   Friday The 13th Trailer - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 13, 2009 10:34 pm

This new version was filmed here in Austin.
Back to top Go down
spiritoradio
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
spiritoradio

PostSubject: Re: Friday The 13th Trailer   Friday The 13th Trailer - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 13, 2009 11:03 pm

I saw Friday the 13th earlier today and it is an embarrassment. It is a joke and I wish that I wouldn't have wasted my money on it. Anyone who is a fan of the originals will find this ridiculous. The kills for the most part are not even creative, the script is horrendously immature, it seems like it was written by a 13 year old kid. There is no story whatsoever, it's just ugh!!! Here is what some guy wrote on IMDB as a sort of review; I disagree with everything that he thought was great

"Back to Camp Crystal lake again. The twelfth (couldn't they have made
it 13th?) Friday the 13th movie of my favourite teen slasher series, so
long-time fans will have a fair idea what to expect. Probably also the
ideal date movie for February 14.

Everything's getting remade and eventually horror will eat itself. This
isn't actually a straight remake of the original but a do-over covering
the first three films. This has high-impact Hollywood potential:
Michael Bay is producing, the screenplay's written by the guys behind
Freddy Vs Jason and Marcus Nispel, who helmed the not-awful Texas Chain
Saw Massacre remake directs. The movie features Supernatural's Jared
Padalecki, Amanda Righetti from The OC and Shark star Danielle
Panabaker.

The 13 reasons why this movie rocked are: 1. A lot better than the
original. 2. Keeps you entertained right from start to end. 3. The next
Jason Voorhees film after 6 years. 4. Keeps you riveted. 5. Worth you
time. 6. Worth your money. 7.Enough blood & gore to keep the slasher
fans pleased. 8. A lot of scenes to "Wow" you. 9. Good screenplay. 10.
Cool cinematography. 11. Takes you back to the awesome 80s. 12. Dark
and sinister. 13. The kids head back to Crystal lake for another game
of hockey.

Overall I don't mind remakes as long as they are good but this one a
lot better than the original and do check this this one out on DVD if
not the big screen."

What a crock. What are you guys' thoughts?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Friday The 13th Trailer   Friday The 13th Trailer - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 13, 2009 11:07 pm

I figured it would suck, Michael Bay was involved. Easily the WORST FILMAKER IN HOLLYWOOD.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Friday The 13th Trailer   Friday The 13th Trailer - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 13, 2009 11:15 pm

I'll be seeing it tomorrow afternoon.

Why do I need a plot for a Friday the 13th movie? If you need a plot, you're missing the point.
Back to top Go down
spiritoradio
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
spiritoradio

PostSubject: Re: Friday The 13th Trailer   Friday The 13th Trailer - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 13, 2009 11:18 pm

detuned wrote:
I figured it would suck, Michael Bay was involved. Easily the WORST FILMAKER IN HOLLYWOOD.

It basically ruined my night. I had slight expectations for this just because I'm such a huge Friday fan and his remake of the Texas Chainsaw Massacre wasn't entirely terrible, not as good as the original by any means, but at least it stuck to mimicking most of the events of the original one, but this is just sad. A lot of people didn't like Zombie's take on Halloween(I liked it), but compared to this movie, Zombie's Halloween is Citizen Kane. Sorry for all the rants, but you know how it is when one of your favorite things get ruined.
Back to top Go down
spiritoradio
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
spiritoradio

PostSubject: Re: Friday The 13th Trailer   Friday The 13th Trailer - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 13, 2009 11:22 pm

SpectreFate wrote:

Why do I need a plot for a Friday the 13th movie? If you need a plot, you're missing the point.

But if you're retelling the first movie(the only movie that had a good "who dunnit" type plot) wouldn't you want to make it a bit similar? That's just my opinion though.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Friday The 13th Trailer   Friday The 13th Trailer - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 13, 2009 11:26 pm

Nah. I heard it was a mix of the first 4.

I love Friday the 13th for one reason. Jason. If he kills people in this new movie, then I'm there. Friday the 13th is pure escapism for me. To try to take it to another level than that is kinda goofy.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Friday The 13th Trailer   Friday The 13th Trailer - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 13, 2009 11:51 pm

I'll wait till it comes out on DVD and watch it. The last movie in that series that I really liked was Jason X (which is a comic masterpiece).
Back to top Go down
spiritoradio
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
spiritoradio

PostSubject: Re: Friday The 13th Trailer   Friday The 13th Trailer - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 14, 2009 12:11 am

SpectreFate wrote:
Nah. I heard it was a mix of the first 4.

I love Friday the 13th for one reason. Jason. If he kills people in this new movie, then I'm there. Friday the 13th is pure escapism for me. To try to take it to another level than that is kinda goofy.

Yeah I heard it was a mix of the first 3 and that's why they re-released the first 3 movies again on dvd this week.
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

PostSubject: Re: Friday The 13th Trailer   Friday The 13th Trailer - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 14, 2009 12:57 am

I like Mr. Bay a lot, so seeing this movie is a no brainer. I really don't look at these in the sense of remakes as most remakes stray far enough from the originals, that it is almost a completely new movie. I have read some great reviews and hopefully I get a chance to see it tomorrow online, and I will post what I think.
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

PostSubject: Re: Friday The 13th Trailer   Friday The 13th Trailer - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 15, 2009 12:32 am

spiritoradio wrote:
I saw Friday the 13th earlier today and it is an embarrassment. It is a joke and I wish that I wouldn't have wasted my money on it. Anyone who is a fan of the originals will find this ridiculous. The kills for the most part are not even creative, the script is horrendously immature, it seems like it was written by a 13 year old kid. There is no story whatsoever, it's just ugh!!! Here is what some guy wrote on IMDB as a sort of review; I disagree with everything that he thought was great

"Back to Camp Crystal lake again. The twelfth (couldn't they have made
it 13th?) Friday the 13th movie of my favourite teen slasher series, so
long-time fans will have a fair idea what to expect. Probably also the
ideal date movie for February 14.

Everything's getting remade and eventually horror will eat itself. This
isn't actually a straight remake of the original but a do-over covering
the first three films. This has high-impact Hollywood potential:
Michael Bay is producing, the screenplay's written by the guys behind
Freddy Vs Jason and Marcus Nispel, who helmed the not-awful Texas Chain
Saw Massacre remake directs. The movie features Supernatural's Jared
Padalecki, Amanda Righetti from The OC and Shark star Danielle
Panabaker.

The 13 reasons why this movie rocked are: 1. A lot better than the
original. 2. Keeps you entertained right from start to end. 3. The next
Jason Voorhees film after 6 years. 4. Keeps you riveted. 5. Worth you
time. 6. Worth your money. 7.Enough blood & gore to keep the slasher
fans pleased. 8. A lot of scenes to "Wow" you. 9. Good screenplay. 10.
Cool cinematography. 11. Takes you back to the awesome 80s. 12. Dark
and sinister. 13. The kids head back to Crystal lake for another game
of hockey.

Overall I don't mind remakes as long as they are good but this one a
lot better than the original and do check this this one out on DVD if
not the big screen."

What a crock. What are you guys' thoughts?

I actually have to disagree with you, to an extent. I'm not a big fan of horror remakes, or as they're calling these movies, re-boots. That being said, this movie delivers where everything post Friday The 13th Part V just plain sucked. I've grown tired of the zombified Jason Voorhees (and the VASTLY over-rated Kane Hodder), and finally we've gotten back to more of a grass roots Jason, and grass roots Friday The 13th. Derek Mears did a great job playing Jason, and to his credit brought back that nostaligic feeling in regards to how Peter Brooker or Ted White played the character. Yes, Jason has added some speed to his overall arsenal, but I didn't really have a problem with that. We've seen this in the Jason character (Ex: chasing Ginny in Part 2, chasing Chris Part 3, chasing Trisch in part 4)

Though Jason's victims will always suffer as it pertains to the depth of their character, this IMO was the best job of casting since Friday The 13th Part IV. I actually felt some sort of empathy for most of his victims. Yes, you still had some guys that were "Tools", and you had your typical "Bimbo's" or "Trixies", but overall the ensemble gets a B. I also don't understand your feeling regarding the kills. Three of the first four kills were all new. The scene at the lake also had very inventive kills. So, I'm not really sure what you mean by the killings lacking creativity. In terms of a story, I guess I feel that re-boots don't really need to go that route. If this were a whole new movie in the installment of the Friday franchise, then I would agree. The powers that be realize that your average Friday fans knows the history of both Jason and his mother. There was actually more footage involving Pamela Voorhees that simply didn't make the cut. When they showed these scenes to a test audience, it simply didn't do well.

Probably the biggest disappointment, and what I consider an out right lie by those who were selling this film to the public, was the lack of any score from Harry Manfredini. Those behind the scenes said that even though Harry was not involved with the project, that they would be using his score from the old movies in certain scenes. The only thing they used was the "Kill, Kill, Kill, mom, mom, mom", but even that was weak. I guess, I just don't understand why the people behind this movie wouldn't bring Mr. Manfredini on board. For me, it's like not having John Williams behind a "Star Wars", "Indiana Jones", or "Jaws" score. The score heightens the terror in these movies, and Mr. Manfredini was sadly missed.

The other thing I'm tired of seeing are these botched location shoots. Marcus Nispel (director for the current installment) has stated that he didn't understand why this movie was shot in Texas, considering the woods/lakes look nothing like one would find out in the east coast. I couldn't agree more. The location wasn't horrible, as it easily eclipsed parts 6-9, but in the future (if there still is one), those behind the scenes need to stop shooting these Friday movies below the Mason Dixon line.

My overall thoughts are these, I liked the movie, but that isn't saying much since the series has been in a free fall since 1984/1985. If you like the Jason Voorhees character of parts 2-4, then I think you will find some overall satisfaction while watching this film. If you enjoyed the somewhat more three dimensional counselors/young teens from parts 1-4, then I think you will find this movie enjoyable. Like I stated earlier, this movie is more grass roots, and that right there is a welcomed sight. Did this movie tap into the greatness territory of the first four? NO, but it succeeds based on the fact that Jason isn't fighting some psychic, Jason isn't on a boat travelling to Manhattan, Jason's spirit isn't switching from body to body, Jason isn't in space, and Jason isn't battling it out with Freddy Krueger.
Back to top Go down
sam
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
sam

Number of posts : 3012

PostSubject: Re: Friday The 13th Trailer   Friday The 13th Trailer - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 15, 2009 10:19 am

SpectreFate wrote:

all I need is blood and violence. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/samthebrutal
spiritoradio
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
spiritoradio

PostSubject: Re: Friday The 13th Trailer   Friday The 13th Trailer - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 15, 2009 11:20 am

sam wrote:
all I need is blood and violence. Very Happy

Both of which this movie shorts you on.
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

PostSubject: Re: Friday The 13th Trailer   Friday The 13th Trailer - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 16, 2009 7:14 am

Ok I just got done watching it and I LOVED IT!! People seem to miss the fact that this is a "Remake" not a copy. What they did was make a modern Jason 2 and I think they did an excellent job. It has everything the original one had it was just a lil modern. They added a few new elements to the movie to make it seem original as well. I will def buy this when it is available on dvd and would give it an easy 8.5/10.

I watched it here great quality. Click version 2 and enjoy.

http://movie25.com/friday-the-13th-2009_4125.html
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: Friday The 13th Trailer   Friday The 13th Trailer - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 16, 2009 9:48 am

Well im totally Peed off about my whole Valentines Day weekend and mostly because as Spec did, I too planned to and see this movie on Valentines Day. What better of a day to actually see this movie. I had it planned the whole week too so I didnt spring it on my gf the day of she knew I wanted to see it. I took her out to the Cheesecake Factory for lunch and then we were off to see the movie and she just complained the whole time that she didnt want to sit and watch a movie the whole time we were online to get tickets so I was like forget it then so I just stormed out and went home. I spent the rest of the night annoyed and went to one of her relatives house to play Wii (which is another story of its own that I was aggrivated about) and some stupid card game called Apples to Apples.

All I wanted to do on Valentines Day was have a nice lunch/dinner, go see this movie and then whatever else she wanted to do and I was miserable the whole day. If I ever get to see the movie though I told her every time someone gets killed im going to picture her face on that person.

I say this all in joking but still wasnt it too much for me to ask to see this movie? She loves these movies which doesnt make me understand why she just couldnt sit for what 2 hours? I always thought it was strange when friends told me they would go to the movies by themselves now im thinking its really not that strange.

Thats my rant for the day BLAH BLAH BLAH. Hope you got to see it spec.

PostSubject: Re: Friday The 13th Trailer   Friday The 13th Trailer - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 16, 2009 10:37 am

I changed the plans. We went and stayed in Orlando instead. Lovey dovey stuff. I'll see this soon though, and I'll actually pay for it and not watch a bootleg online.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Friday The 13th Trailer   Friday The 13th Trailer - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 16, 2009 10:52 am

The new "F13" was numero uno at the box office over the weekend... $42 mil or thereabouts...

Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Friday The 13th Trailer   Friday The 13th Trailer - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 16, 2009 4:50 pm

Never been much of a slasher fan, I never understood the appeal of watching people who's only crime is being at the wrong place at the wrong time get brutally killed. I do however like seing bad people get brutally killed in slasher films. I learned to tolerate, even enjoy, them because of my best friend Erik who loved them (the gorier, the better) and also found them funny surprised . Since I saw the origional series, I might put this on Netflix once it gets released.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

PostSubject: Re: Friday The 13th Trailer   Friday The 13th Trailer - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 16, 2009 8:20 pm

DallasBlack wrote:
Never been much of a slasher fan, I never understood the appeal of watching people who's only crime is being at the wrong place at the wrong time get brutally killed. I do however like seing bad people get brutally killed in slasher films. I learned to tolerate, even enjoy, them because of my best friend Erik who loved them

For myself, slasher films and Heavy Metal have always gone hand in hand. I think "Heavy Metal" like that of the slasher film genre does a great job of focusing on the ills of society. I see our world as a very scary place. The world we live in isn't just black/white, there's a whole lot of gray area as well. I think slasher movies are a reminder for me that those bad people are out there, and to more or less be aware of it. The most important aspect of a horror movie for myself, is that "Good" prevails. I think that message is essential. I tend to not like horror movies where "Evil" gets the upper hand. An example of this would be "Texas Chainsaw: The Beginning". I went into that movie with some trepidation, and came out of it wishing that I hadn't seen it.
DallasBlack wrote:
(the gorier, the better) and also found them funny surprised . Since I saw the origional series, I might put this on Netflix once it gets released.

For me, gore is totally overrated. Gore has absolutely NOTHING to do with how scary a movie is. In my opinion it's a tactic used by those behind a movie whose story lacks. They ratchet up the violence, and the silly moments, when the story completely lacks any substance. Look at the original Halloween. Killer stalks victims for much of the movie, very little gore...Great movie!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Friday The 13th Trailer   Friday The 13th Trailer - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Friday The 13th Trailer
Page 5 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next