Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Friday The 13th Trailer

Go down 
+14
sam
Lurideath
iamrockerfun
MetalRob331
scottmitchell74
Troublezone
spiritoradio
manny
Metal Misfit
DeathCult
Thrasher73
Fat Freddy
tohostudios
metalinmyveins
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
AuthorMessage
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

Friday The 13th Trailer - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Friday The 13th Trailer   Friday The 13th Trailer - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 16, 2009 8:41 pm

Quote :
I tend to not like horror movies where "Evil" gets the upper hand.

Ditto. On the ones I watched with Erik, I tended to enjoy the ones where the bad guys get what's due to them. A good example is the first Hostel movie and the remake of The Hills Have Eyes (never seen the origional).
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: Friday The 13th Trailer   Friday The 13th Trailer - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 16, 2009 8:49 pm

DallasBlack wrote:
Quote :
I tend to not like horror movies where "Evil" gets the upper hand.

Ditto. On the ones I watched with Erik, I tended to enjoy the ones where the bad guys get what's due to them. A good example is the first Hostel movie and the remake of The Hills Have Eyes (never seen the origional).

Great examples!!! I saw both of these on DVD. When the protagonist/s got their revenge on the antagonist/s in both movies, I re-watched both endings multiple times. My empathy only goes out to those who are remorseful for their actions against others. Clearly the antagonists in these movies lacked any kind of human compassion. There fore, they deserved to die in a very bad way!!!
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37658

PostSubject: Re: Friday The 13th Trailer   Friday The 13th Trailer - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 18, 2009 2:31 pm

So anyway, the new "Friday the 13th" came out on DVD this past week, I believe. It's supposed to rain all weekend (again... groan...) so I'm thinking of hitting the video store and going into a movie coma all weekend. Is the new "F13" worth a rent?

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Friday The 13th Trailer   Friday The 13th Trailer - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 18, 2009 2:37 pm

metalinmyveins wrote:
FatFreddy...

We were talking about "V" previously in this thread, and rumor also has it that it's in pre-production (IMDB). Robert Englund and Mark Singer are on the project. I think there is a little bit of a read up on there regarding where Earth stands these days with the Visitors still inhabiting our planet.

...and as long as I'm re-reading/bumping this ancient thread, apparently "V" is being resurrected as a new weekly series this coming Fall on ABC.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Rex
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Rex

Number of posts : 2056

PostSubject: Re: Friday The 13th Trailer   Friday The 13th Trailer - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 18, 2009 2:38 pm

Yeah, there's a long trailer for floating out there too. It looks great.
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

PostSubject: Re: Friday The 13th Trailer   Friday The 13th Trailer - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 18, 2009 2:45 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
So anyway, the new "Friday the 13th" came out on DVD this past week, I believe. It's supposed to rain all weekend (again... groan...) so I'm thinking of hitting the video store and going into a movie coma all weekend. Is the new "F13" worth a rent?

Definitely worth a rent IMO. I saw the movie opening weekend, and I probably will stop by Best Buy this weekend to pick up the DVD. My main complaint was the producers used "ZERO" Harry Manfredini score. In the trailers posted, they used his score, but it is sadly omitted from the film itself. To me, that's like John Williams score not being used in a Jaws movie, when the shark approaches. I've heard that Marcus Nispel will not be a part of the next movie, and for that I'm glad.

The cast for the most part was a hit, rather than a miss, like it has been for the last few films. Don't get me wrong, you have your tools and trixies, but you seem to care a little more about these group of kids. That's been one of the problems with the last few movies in the franchise. I got to the point where I didn't even want the last person to live. They've also gotten away from the Kane Hodder, zombified look and feel, which I'm so thankful. The new Jason harkens back to that II, III, IV Jason feel. This movie doesn't eclipse those early pics, but I think what this movie did was, it gave the franchise a shot in the arm. The Friday franchise has been on life support (IMO) for quite a while, so I was happy with what I saw.
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

PostSubject: Re: Friday The 13th Trailer   Friday The 13th Trailer - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 18, 2009 2:49 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
metalinmyveins wrote:
FatFreddy...

We were talking about "V" previously in this thread, and rumor also has it that it's in pre-production (IMDB). Robert Englund and Mark Singer are on the project. I think there is a little bit of a read up on there regarding where Earth stands these days with the Visitors still inhabiting our planet.

...and as long as I'm re-reading/bumping this ancient thread, apparently "V" is being resurrected as a new weekly series this coming Fall on ABC.

Yeah, I was talking about "V" with someone on the "24" forum a couple of weeks ago, but I forgot that we we'd talked about "V" in this thread. It's a little surprising that "V" will be on ABC, since it was a show on NBC.

"V" trailer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ahjPQjQGdbU
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Friday The 13th Trailer   Friday The 13th Trailer - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 18, 2009 3:17 pm

Found an even longer "V" trailer here... looks a lot darker (and a little less cheesy) than the original... I'll definitely check this out when it premieres (supposedly early next year)

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Friday The 13th Trailer   Friday The 13th Trailer - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 03, 2009 9:35 pm

I rented this new Friday movie. I couldn't sit through it. They have pretty much emasculated the Jason character. This is just another crappy new slasher film with no soul. Man, I'm pretty pissed about this.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Friday The 13th Trailer   Friday The 13th Trailer - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 03, 2009 10:00 pm

It was horrendous...I did make it all the way through...but only because it was filmed here in Austin and was looking for landmarks. LOL
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Friday The 13th Trailer   Friday The 13th Trailer - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 03, 2009 10:07 pm

detuned wrote:
It was horrendous...I did make it all the way through...but only because it was filmed here in Austin and was looking for landmarks. LOL

I thought that New Jersey looked suspiciously southern in the film. Smile
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: Friday The 13th Trailer   Friday The 13th Trailer - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 04, 2009 8:27 am

Yea I rented this last week I was very dissapointed. The actors were all just horrible. I couldnt wait til that jerk guy who owned that house got killed but when he did it was just like no big deal. If you build the guy up to be the biggest jerk in the movie dont you think he should have gotten a more deserved killing? I actually dont even remember what happened to him but I know I was really dissapointed in just about every part of it. I wasn't scared, grossed out... nothin. Halloween 2 better deliver!

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28459

PostSubject: Re: Friday The 13th Trailer   Friday The 13th Trailer - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2009 10:17 pm

A funny quote from a review of the movie:

"Twenty-nine sticky red years later, the 12th "Friday the 13th" reboots and rewrites the story of the second-vilest person to be associated with hockey (after Sean Avery)."
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

PostSubject: Re: Friday The 13th Trailer   Friday The 13th Trailer - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 27, 2009 3:06 pm

This is a real shame....

http://fridaythe13thfilms.com/blog/sad-day-for-part-2-camp-film-location/

The first Friday movie I ever saw, my favorite heroine of any of the series, and definitely my favorite location. I suppose it's inevitable over time, but sad nonetheless.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Friday The 13th Trailer   Friday The 13th Trailer - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 11, 2009 12:59 pm

Looks like the planned sequel to the new "Friday the 13th" is on hold for now... I still haven't seen the remake/reboot (whatever you want to call it) yet but from what I've heard about it, this is probably a good thing.

http://www.dreadcentral.com/news/34919/platinum-dunes-friday-13th-part-ii-up-air

Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: Friday The 13th Trailer   Friday The 13th Trailer - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 11, 2009 1:49 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Looks like the planned sequel to the new "Friday the 13th" is on hold for now... I still haven't seen the remake/reboot (whatever you want to call it) yet but from what I've heard about it, this is probably a good thing.

http://www.dreadcentral.com/news/34919/platinum-dunes-friday-13th-part-ii-up-air

I liked it. I still prefer the original series, but it's not like those movies are masterpieces in the first place. It's a slasher movie -- they're all cheesy popcorn flicks. The only difference to me between this movie and the earlier films is that the sense of intentional camp was gone.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Friday The 13th Trailer   Friday The 13th Trailer - Page 6 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Friday The 13th Trailer
Page 6 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6