Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The toys you played with as a child....

Go down 
+21
Leatherface
Shiney
jstate
Smindas
XYZ
nevermore
Thrasher73
DeathCult
kmorg
DallasBlack
QuothTheRaven
MetalGuy71
Stender
SAHB Healer
Fat Freddy
tohostudios
the sentinel
mc666
Orion Crystal Ice
scottmitchell74
25 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage

The toys you played with as a child.... Empty
PostSubject: The toys you played with as a child....   The toys you played with as a child.... Icon_minitimeSun Aug 17, 2008 1:39 pm

My 3 faves that I can remember:

The toys you played with as a child.... Ektoys

The toys you played with as a child.... RSR2

The toys you played with as a child.... D_1693
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9047

PostSubject: Re: The toys you played with as a child....   The toys you played with as a child.... Icon_minitimeSun Aug 17, 2008 1:47 pm

This Godzilla with a spring-loaded flying fist!

Super-Jock

The toys you played with as a child.... Superjock

You would smash his head down and that would make his foot flex and kick a field goal (Goal Posts provided!)

Transformers

G.I. Joes

Star Wars toys

Matchbox and Hotweels and their awesome tracks

Model Trains/Railroad
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

PostSubject: Re: The toys you played with as a child....   The toys you played with as a child.... Icon_minitimeSun Aug 17, 2008 1:58 pm

Hot Wheels (and I was/am vehemently anti-Matchbox Razz )

various bouncy balls from the quarter machines...when they started making the ones with frost on them where they looked like planets, I spazzed out..

a large bamboo stick I would carry around with me for no particular reason, until it got too old and I had to go break off another one.

myself
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The toys you played with as a child....   The toys you played with as a child.... Icon_minitimeSun Aug 17, 2008 3:21 pm

Those big Gi Joes with the beard, were awesome.

Although that Evel bike was the best toy ever.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The toys you played with as a child....   The toys you played with as a child.... Icon_minitimeSun Aug 17, 2008 3:23 pm

scott, I see you are a couple years younger than me. I missed the transformer thing.
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
scottmitchell74

PostSubject: Re: The toys you played with as a child....   The toys you played with as a child.... Icon_minitimeSun Aug 17, 2008 3:25 pm

Too bad! I was in 4th Grade when they hit..so yeah you're in 6th Grade by then thinking you're some cool punk who can't mess with toys. lol!

When they came out with Transformers I thought they were a miracle.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: The toys you played with as a child....   The toys you played with as a child.... Icon_minitimeSun Aug 17, 2008 3:40 pm

micro machines. i had over 2k of them.

the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: The toys you played with as a child....   The toys you played with as a child.... Icon_minitimeSun Aug 17, 2008 4:12 pm

Two words: Optimus Prime

I got into Priest because of Transformers because I thought the Metallian on the front cover looked a lot like a Transformer, so, at age 10 was very intrigued and bought the cassette. The rest is my history.

Also:

G.I. Joe
WWF Figures
GoBots
Mask
Star Wars Figures
Matchbox Cars
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
scottmitchell74

PostSubject: Re: The toys you played with as a child....   The toys you played with as a child.... Icon_minitimeSun Aug 17, 2008 4:14 pm

Quote :
Two words: Optimus Prime

I got into Priest because of Transformers because I thought the Metallian on the front cover looked a lot like a Transformer, so, at age 10 was very intrigued and bought the cassette. The rest is my history.

Awesome!!

Mask...that sounds familiar...what was that?

Optimus Prime ruled! One of my worst days ever is when I had OP perched on our bar at home and shot the aforementioned Godzilla fist at him. OP went tumbling to the ground and one leg snapped!! I was devastated!!
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

PostSubject: Re: The toys you played with as a child....   The toys you played with as a child.... Icon_minitimeSun Aug 17, 2008 4:31 pm

I also had a giant Stay-Puff-Marshmallow Man I carried around whereever I went. I was confused as to why something so delicious looking carried the smell and texture of a slightly aromatic plastic, but alas.
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

PostSubject: Re: The toys you played with as a child....   The toys you played with as a child.... Icon_minitimeSun Aug 17, 2008 4:36 pm

MASK, Mobile Armored Strike Kommand, was a sort of hybrid of GI Joe and Transformers where the vehicles were driven by people and looked normal ( a tractor trailer, a 57 Chevy, a Harley, etc.) but had hidden weapons and stuff. Pretty much the last toy I was interested in b/c I was getting older and my fascination with Metal was to become all encompassing. Peace.

The toys you played with as a child.... MASK_Logo
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

PostSubject: Re: The toys you played with as a child....   The toys you played with as a child.... Icon_minitimeSun Aug 17, 2008 4:39 pm

scottmitchell74 wrote:

Optimus Prime ruled!
the Decepticons were cooler than those lame do-gooder Autobots.

scottmitchell74
scottmitchell74

PostSubject: Re: The toys you played with as a child....   The toys you played with as a child.... Icon_minitimeSun Aug 17, 2008 4:42 pm

Quote :

You just like them cause they're evil!! Twisted Evil

That reminds me!! My crazy Smurf hating Aunt also targeted Transformers. She said they were Satanic because their antennas looked like devil horns!
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

PostSubject: Re: The toys you played with as a child....   The toys you played with as a child.... Icon_minitimeSun Aug 17, 2008 4:44 pm

Holy crap. Wait wait wait. I and nobody else has mentioned..

LEGOS

The best toy of all time.

Witness:

FUTURON Cosmic Laser Launcher

BLACKTRON Message Intercept Base

ICE PLANET Deep Freeze Defender

BRUTAL
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

PostSubject: Re: The toys you played with as a child....   The toys you played with as a child.... Icon_minitimeSun Aug 17, 2008 4:57 pm

scottmitchell74 wrote:
Quote :

You just like them cause they're evil!! Twisted Evil
true, i used to dream of the day when Mumm-Ra destroyed those annoying Thundercats.

tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: The toys you played with as a child....   The toys you played with as a child.... Icon_minitimeSun Aug 17, 2008 5:07 pm

Legos, Tonka Trucks, Hot Wheels, various Thingmaker kits (you youngsters won't have any idea what "Goop" is), Stat-O-Matic Baseball.

Metal is Forever
the sentinel

PostSubject: Re: The toys you played with as a child....   The toys you played with as a child.... Icon_minitimeSun Aug 17, 2008 6:04 pm

I cannot believe I forgot to mention Lego's ? I feckin' loved those things!!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

PostSubject: Re: The toys you played with as a child....   The toys you played with as a child.... Icon_minitimeSun Aug 17, 2008 6:21 pm

Too bad they're all merry and simplistic and based off movies now... Sad Harry Potter Legos.. Star Wars Legos.. Batman Legos.... there used to be Space, Legoland Town, Pirates, Knights Kingdom/Fright Knights..etc... now it's all just sort of movie stuff, with huge main pieces, not as much actual building as before. Maybe with some of the Bionicles but that's not enough. We had Technic, too. Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37632

PostSubject: Re: The toys you played with as a child....   The toys you played with as a child.... Icon_minitimeSun Aug 17, 2008 8:35 pm

Star Wars action figures! (I had tons of them.. wish I still had'em, cuz the old school ones from the 70s are worth a fortune now...)

Legos - had tons of these! I used to make elaborate castles, buildings, houses, etc., and then crush them with my little plastic army tank and invade them with my lil' plastic soldiers. Smile

Hot Wheels/Matchbox cars...and now my son has inherited the Hot Wheel Collecting gene, he has a huge drawer in his closet full of'em

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
SAHB Healer
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
SAHB Healer

Number of posts : 2793

PostSubject: Re: The toys you played with as a child....   The toys you played with as a child.... Icon_minitimeSun Aug 17, 2008 8:51 pm

tohostudios wrote:
Stat-O-Matic Baseball.

I used to play that, like two games yesterday and one this morning! In fact the 1963 Cardinals just finished a weekend sweep of the Milwaukee Braves to take over first place.
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
scottmitchell74

PostSubject: Re: The toys you played with as a child....   The toys you played with as a child.... Icon_minitimeSun Aug 17, 2008 8:54 pm

Quote :

tohostudios wrote:
Stat-O-Matic Baseball.

I used to play that, like two games yesterday and one this morning! In fact the 1963 Cardinals just finished a weekend sweep of the Milwaukee Braves to take over first place.

Freaking antiques!! Razz

(If I had one of those I'd never see my family again!)
Back to top Go down
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

PostSubject: Re: The toys you played with as a child....   The toys you played with as a child.... Icon_minitimeSun Aug 17, 2008 10:29 pm

Like OCI wisely stated LEGOs ruled. I remember the cowboy/islander themed sets were freaken rad.

Another LEGO like toy that was cool was Erecto-sets(please no bonor jokes)

Yoyos also were a pretty dope toy.
Back to top Go down
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

PostSubject: Re: The toys you played with as a child....   The toys you played with as a child.... Icon_minitimeSun Aug 17, 2008 10:53 pm

OH dude!!!!!

totally forgot "Creepie Crawlies", the one where you pour a liquid in a mold of different kinds of bugs and heat em up to produce little rubber bug toys. That thing was awesome. Every kid in the early 90's should have had one of thoses!
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39472

PostSubject: Re: The toys you played with as a child....   The toys you played with as a child.... Icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2008 6:52 am

Star Wars (had everyone released with the original movie,as well as the Millenium Falcon,X-Wing,Tie Fighter,and Darth Vader's Tie Fighter- alas I gave them all away)

Micronauts (tons of them too;anyone have any of these ?)

Older guys may remember Shrunken Heads as well (hocked by none other than Vincent Price!)
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: The toys you played with as a child....   The toys you played with as a child.... Icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2008 8:13 am

Stender wrote:
OH dude!!!!!

totally forgot "Creepie Crawlies", the one where you pour a liquid in a mold of different kinds of bugs and heat em up to produce little rubber bug toys. That thing was awesome. Every kid in the early 90's should have had one of thoses!

Yep! I just did a Wikipedia search on those. Some company tried to resurrect Creepy Crawlies in the 90s. Back when I was a kid, Mattel owned the franchise and there were tons of variations. You could make bendable army men (with wire in the mold), flowers, scars and teeth, tons of different stuff.

PostSubject: Re: The toys you played with as a child....   The toys you played with as a child.... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The toys you played with as a child....
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next