Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The toys you played with as a child....

Go down 
+21
Leatherface
Shiney
jstate
Smindas
XYZ
nevermore
Thrasher73
DeathCult
kmorg
DallasBlack
QuothTheRaven
MetalGuy71
Stender
SAHB Healer
Fat Freddy
tohostudios
the sentinel
mc666
Orion Crystal Ice
scottmitchell74
25 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37653

The toys you played with as a child.... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The toys you played with as a child....   The toys you played with as a child.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2008 9:09 am

DenimAndLeather wrote:
My 3 faves that I can remember:

The toys you played with as a child.... - Page 2 Ektoys

I had this Evel Knievel toy too... I beat the hell out of it and finally destroyed it when I revved ol' Evel up and launched him down the stairs to my basement. Evel may have survived jumping the Snake River Canyon, but he didn't survive a high velocity trip into a concrete wall. Laughing

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: The toys you played with as a child....   The toys you played with as a child.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2008 9:53 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
DenimAndLeather wrote:
My 3 faves that I can remember:

The toys you played with as a child.... - Page 2 Ektoys

I had this Evel Knievel toy too... I beat the hell out of it and finally destroyed it when I revved ol' Evel up and launched him down the stairs to my basement. Evel may have survived jumping the Snake River Canyon, but he didn't survive a high velocity trip into a concrete wall. Laughing

I had this one too, along with the big GI Joes, then later, the small Joes, along with a whole mess 'o Star Wars figures and vehicles.
Back to top Go down
QuothTheRaven
Metal master
Metal master
QuothTheRaven

Number of posts : 874

PostSubject: Re: The toys you played with as a child....   The toys you played with as a child.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2008 11:11 am

I had a GI Joe with kung fu grip. Amazing considering I grew up Mennonite. For some reason my pacifist parents allowed this. scratch I also played with the aforementioned Tonka trucks and non-themed LEGOs. No one has mentioned Smash-up Derby! Some of you 70s kids have to remember that! I also had a Johnny West cowboy and horse with all kinds of tiny little guns and saddlebags and equipment for camping out on the range! Awesome!
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: The toys you played with as a child....   The toys you played with as a child.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2008 11:14 am

I remember having a Rom - The Space Knight robot at some point.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: The toys you played with as a child....   The toys you played with as a child.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2008 12:51 pm

Legos
Lincoln Logs
Star Wars
3 3/4" G.I. Joe figures
Transformers
He-Man (including some She-Ra villans)
Centurions
Hot Wheels
The Real Ghostbusters
Voltron
Playdough
Willow
Army Ants (hows that for obscuritiy)
Bone Age (even more obscure-cavemen that rode Dinosaur skelletons)
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
WWF Figures (my favorite figures where Andre, The Big Boss Man, and Rick Rude)
Nurf basketball & hoop

Bone Age:

The toys you played with as a child.... - Page 2 7d0f_1
Still remember getting these on Christmas

Army Ants:
The toys you played with as a child.... - Page 2 Toy3
There were also blue ones (they fought each other-I even remember the theme song fromt he commercials)

The greatest toy of my childhood:
The toys you played with as a child.... - Page 2 Ussflagg_th
That thing was awesome as all get out! I especially loved the intercom. However, the toy turned out to be much more enjoyable than the real thing (living 6 months on a carrier is equal to about 12 months).

Funny this post was started becaues I was going to bring this up:

The toys you played with as a child.... - Page 2 Stawarsfalcon_1

These kids today are spoiled rotten. Rembember our Millenium Falcon, held two characters and they wouldn't even stay standing up, you had to lay them down! This new toy has almost everything you saw in the movie, while we had to use our imagination. I see this at Wal-Mart everyday and it pi**es me off! Then I see some kids (between 14-16) who don't even know what it is! Spoiled brats!
angry

Last edited by DallasBlack on Mon Aug 18, 2008 12:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: The toys you played with as a child....   The toys you played with as a child.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2008 12:52 pm

Matchbox and Tonka cars were my favorites. My brothers also used those model cars you glues together a lot. Modifued tyhem, painted them, customizes them. Good times!

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: The toys you played with as a child....   The toys you played with as a child.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2008 1:08 pm

the sentinel wrote:
I remember having a Rom - The Space Knight robot at some point.

I never had the "ROM" toy but I remember reading and collecting the Marvel comic book series based on it!!

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: The toys you played with as a child....   The toys you played with as a child.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2008 1:19 pm

The toys you played with as a child.... - Page 2 Staypuft
Thats probably the only Ghostbusters toy I have left.
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: The toys you played with as a child....   The toys you played with as a child.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2008 1:28 pm

I hade one of those Evel Kneivel toys as well.Others that come to mind are:

Star Wars figures
Transformers
G.I Joe figures.

Also,anyone else remember the 6 million dollar man figure.You could look through a hole in the back of his head as a bionic eye type thing.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25882

PostSubject: Re: The toys you played with as a child....   The toys you played with as a child.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2008 6:04 pm

Star Wars action figures
Godzilla with the spring loaded fist ( I loved that toy! Wish I still had it!)
Hot Wheels and Matchbox cars
The Kiss dolls from the 70's. Me and a friend built our own stage complete with Christmas lights lol! .
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9047

PostSubject: Re: The toys you played with as a child....   The toys you played with as a child.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2008 7:06 pm

Quote :
Evel may have survived jumping the Snake River Canyon, but he didn't survive a high velocity trip into a concrete wall.

lol!

I also remember these Robot guys that shot missiles from their arms and hands. I broke one of my Mom's Christmas ornaments and disposed of it on the sly. I miss the "real" toys of yore that could actually poke an eye out!!

Another favorite were those slimy Octopi that you'd throw on the wall and they would "walk" down the wall. Awesome!
Back to top Go down
SAHB Healer
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
SAHB Healer

Number of posts : 2793

PostSubject: Re: The toys you played with as a child....   The toys you played with as a child.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2008 7:26 pm

I vaguely remember something I wanna call "Incredible Edibles"; which were a sort of Creepy Crawly that you could eat (and unlike the real Creepy Crawlies, digest). Or am I hallucinating again?
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39619

PostSubject: Re: The toys you played with as a child....   The toys you played with as a child.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 19, 2008 11:31 am

I had the Six Million Dollar Man as well as his enemy Maskatron (who came with 3 masks-Steve Austin,Oscar Goldman,and a generic human disguise).I also wanted the KISS dolls very badly but never got them. To this day, I get on my mom about that (which she denies that I ever asked for them!)
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

PostSubject: Re: The toys you played with as a child....   The toys you played with as a child.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 19, 2008 11:57 am

Quote :
I vaguely remember something I wanna call
"Incredible Edibles"; which were a sort of Creepy Crawly that you could
eat (and unlike the real Creepy Crawlies, digest). Or am I
hallucinating again?

That did exist. I don't remember what it was called, but you basically cooked these gummy bugs and ate them, one of those kinds of toys.
Back to top Go down
XYZ
Card-carrying Van Halen Freak
XYZ

Number of posts : 2600

PostSubject: Re: The toys you played with as a child....   The toys you played with as a child.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 19, 2008 12:12 pm

Legos and Thomas the Tank Engine. I use to watch Thomas every Sunday morning.
They had some big names on the show as narrorators. Ringo Starr, the late George Carlin, Alec Baldwin, and Pierce Brosnan.
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

PostSubject: Re: The toys you played with as a child....   The toys you played with as a child.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 19, 2008 12:13 pm

Something else:

The toys you played with as a child.... - Page 2 12784

EPIC.
Back to top Go down
Smindas
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

Number of posts : 2546

PostSubject: Re: The toys you played with as a child....   The toys you played with as a child.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 19, 2008 12:27 pm

xyz wrote:
They had some big names on the show as narrorators. Ringo Starr, the late George Carlin, Alec Baldwin, and Pierce Brosnan.
I too was a huge Thomas the Tank Engine fan. We only had Ringo Starr and some other guy, who's name alludes me. I actually can't stand the American dubbings of Thomas, it's one of the few things that fills me with nationalist pride, haha. I believe Pierce Brosnan hasn't started narrating the series yet... that'll be interesting.

But anyway, yeah, Thomas the Tank Engine and Lego were big things for me. I'm also of the Pokemon generation, so any crap related to that.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: The toys you played with as a child....   The toys you played with as a child.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 19, 2008 1:01 pm

xyz wrote:

My son is almost six years old now, and he was all-Thomas the Tank Engine, all the time, for about three years. He's been slowly moving onto other things in the past year or so, but he has tons of the little wooden railway Thomas trains and still plays with them pretty regularly. I hope his little bro (who just turned 1) develops an interest in Thomas down the road, so we can re-use all the videos we bought for the first kid!!

Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: The toys you played with as a child....   The toys you played with as a child.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 19, 2008 1:25 pm

scottmitchell74 wrote:
Quote :
Evel may have survived jumping the Snake River Canyon, but he didn't survive a high velocity trip into a concrete wall.

lol!

I also remember these Robot guys that shot missiles from their arms and hands. I broke one of my Mom's Christmas ornaments and disposed of it on the sly. I miss the "real" toys of yore that could actually poke an eye out!!

These guys, right?

The toys you played with as a child.... - Page 2 Shogunw
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: The toys you played with as a child....   The toys you played with as a child.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 19, 2008 1:59 pm

Shogun Warriors kicked a$$!! The kid next door to me had Raydeen when I was a kid, I was jealous as hell.

Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: The toys you played with as a child....   The toys you played with as a child.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 19, 2008 3:37 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Shogun Warriors kicked a$$!! The kid next door to me had Raydeen when I was a kid, I was jealous as hell.

I had Mazinga, and if I recall, my cousin had Raydeen. They were awesome and they could blind you. Ahhhhhh, good times. :bounce:
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9047

PostSubject: Re: The toys you played with as a child....   The toys you played with as a child.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 19, 2008 6:59 pm

Quote :
These guys, right?

That seems about right.
Back to top Go down
jstate
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: The toys you played with as a child....   The toys you played with as a child.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 19, 2008 8:36 pm

I was a Hot Wheels kid. I also loved all things nerf.

Falls more under games - but Mouse Trap and Hungry Hippos were the greatest things ever.
Back to top Go down
Shiney
Scarred But Smarter
Scarred But Smarter
Shiney

Number of posts : 3487

PostSubject: Re: The toys you played with as a child....   The toys you played with as a child.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 19, 2008 8:44 pm

The toys you played with as a child.... - Page 2 HPIM3865

I remember playing with SUCKERMAN alot, mine was red I think....

And I had MAZINGA, but My mom took his fist off coz I kept shooitng my brother in the eye with it....

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: The toys you played with as a child....   The toys you played with as a child.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 19, 2008 8:49 pm

xyz wrote:
I use to watch Thomas every Sunday morning.

The first "Thomas" video we got for my son (see previous post) had George Carlin as the narrator. I was and still am a HUGE fan of his stand up comedy but had no idea he'd ever done kid-oriented stuff, so it was a little weird at first hearing his distinctive voice telling these sweet stories about sharing and friendship, then later I'd see one of his HBO specials and he'd be swearing up a storm Laughing

I always wondered if any out-take reels from his "Thomas" recording sessions existed... imagine what those would sound like?

"Thomas said 'f**k you, Percy!' and Percy replied 'no, f**k YOU, Thomas!' Suddenly James whistled into the station and said "Hey you f**kin f**kers, Mister F**kin Conductor sez you'd both better shut the f**k up!"

Last edited by Fat Freddy on Tue Aug 19, 2008 8:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The toys you played with as a child....   The toys you played with as a child.... - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The toys you played with as a child....
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next