Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Little boys with electric toys...we rock!

Go down 
+4
zombiewalkin
Fat Freddy
tohostudios
ultmetal
8 posters
AuthorMessage
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

Little boys with electric toys...we rock! Empty
PostSubject: Little boys with electric toys...we rock!   Little boys with electric toys...we rock! Icon_minitimeMon Jun 16, 2008 8:47 am

Quote :
Do you know who does a song called (I'm guessing) "We Rock".The chorus is "little boys with electronic toys-we rock". Great song.

Anyone recognize this?

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Little boys with electric toys...we rock!   Little boys with electric toys...we rock! Icon_minitimeMon Jun 16, 2008 8:51 am

I say it's probably "Leather Boyz With Electric Toyz" by Pretty Boy Floyd.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37625

PostSubject: Re: Little boys with electric toys...we rock!   Little boys with electric toys...we rock! Icon_minitimeMon Jun 16, 2008 8:51 am

tohostudios wrote:
I say it's probably "Leather Boyz With Electric Toyz" by Pretty Boy Floyd.

That would be my guess as well.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Little boys with electric toys...we rock!   Little boys with electric toys...we rock! Icon_minitimeMon Jun 16, 2008 8:53 am

Here's a snippet:

Quote :
Little girls all in a row.
Screaming rooster rock. Shock pop.
They're dressed like some kind of horror show.
Screaming rooster rock. Shock rock. Hey lets go.

We're leather boyz with electric toyz.
We're making noise tonight. We're leather boyz with electric toyz.
We're making noise tonight. We're leather boyz with electric toyz.

Don't you know we're leather? Black leather.
We're leather boyz. And we'll scream together. AHHH.
We're leather boyz. Whoa. Oh. Oh. We're leather boyz.

And we'll rock. We'll rock forever. and we're rockin'. Shockin'. rockin'. Shockin'. Leather boyz.

We're making noise tonight.
We're making noise. Making noise.
Make some noise.

Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Little boys with electric toys...we rock!   Little boys with electric toys...we rock! Icon_minitimeMon Jun 16, 2008 8:58 am

Thanks. 🤘

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Little boys with electric toys...we rock!   Little boys with electric toys...we rock! Icon_minitimeMon Jun 16, 2008 8:59 am

lol!

The filter changed the lyrics to "rooster rock".

Metal graduate
Metal graduate
zombiewalkin

Number of posts : 292

PostSubject: Re: Little boys with electric toys...we rock!   Little boys with electric toys...we rock! Icon_minitimeMon Jun 16, 2008 9:50 am

LOL!!!

Too funny!

Pretty Boy Floyd was my guess too. I saw them several times a few years ago. Cool bunch of guys to hang out with.......even if their singer is a complete nutcase.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Little boys with electric toys...we rock!   Little boys with electric toys...we rock! Icon_minitimeMon Jun 16, 2008 9:58 am

Wonder why the filter didn't kick in in the funny band names thread and change it to Goblin Rooster?

PostSubject: Re: Little boys with electric toys...we rock!   Little boys with electric toys...we rock! Icon_minitimeMon Jun 16, 2008 10:00 am

I put GoblinCock when I listed it. No spaces.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Little boys with electric toys...we rock!   Little boys with electric toys...we rock! Icon_minitimeMon Jun 16, 2008 10:24 am

Years ago, before the interwebs, I had heard a rumor that studio musicians did most or all of the music on Pretty Boy Floyd's cd and that the members couldn't play for shite. Anyone else ever hear this?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Little boys with electric toys...we rock!   Little boys with electric toys...we rock! Icon_minitimeMon Jun 16, 2008 10:24 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Years ago, before the interwebs, I had heard a rumor that studio musicians did most or all of the music on Pretty Boy Floyd's cd and that the members couldn't play for shite. Anyone else ever hear this?

That sir, is blasphemous!
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Little boys with electric toys...we rock!   Little boys with electric toys...we rock! Icon_minitimeMon Jun 16, 2008 10:37 am

spectrefate wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:

That sir, is blasphemous!

I'm just asking about what I heard. It went something like this...back in the day, my buddy's brother was in a band (Four Star Rosie). They were in a recording studio and one of the engineers working on their demo worked in the studio when PBF was recording their debut. They were so horrible in the studio, but the record company had already invested in them, so they used the vocal tracks, but the music was re-recorded by outside musicians. Since I wasn't a fan and didn't care about these guys, that story didn't seem too unreasonable and we thought it was pretty funny, especially when the whole Milli Vanilla thing came to light.
Back to top Go down
zombiewalkin
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
zombiewalkin

PostSubject: Re: Little boys with electric toys...we rock!   Little boys with electric toys...we rock! Icon_minitimeMon Jun 16, 2008 11:51 am

Studio musicians filling in for band members?.......say it aint so!!!

Actually it is much more common than one may think. My best friend lives in Austin Tx and is in a band with a guy who has played on many an album but has gone uncredited.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Little boys with electric toys...we rock!   Little boys with electric toys...we rock! Icon_minitimeMon Jun 16, 2008 11:55 am

zombiewalkin wrote:
Studio musicians filling in for band members?.......say it aint so!!!

Actually it is much more common than one may think. My best friend lives in Austin Tx and is in a band with a guy who has played on many an album but has gone uncredited.

I have no problem believeing that other musicians lay down some guitar here and some bass there and go uncredited. I don't doubt that it happens, but my question is was the whole thing done (except vocals) by studio guys?
Back to top Go down
zombiewalkin
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
zombiewalkin

PostSubject: Re: Little boys with electric toys...we rock!   Little boys with electric toys...we rock! Icon_minitimeMon Jun 16, 2008 12:02 pm

Oh whole thing? Naaaa I wouldnt think the whole thing was done by someone else but hey those guys were terrible live back in the day from what I have seen on video. When I saw them a few years ago the only original member was Steve Summers and he sang his tail off. The other musicians, especially the guitar player, were pretty spot on.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Little boys with electric toys...we rock!   Little boys with electric toys...we rock! Icon_minitimeMon Jun 16, 2008 12:03 pm

tohostudios wrote:
lol!

That's freakin' funny! lol!

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Little boys with electric toys...we rock!   Little boys with electric toys...we rock! Icon_minitimeMon Jun 16, 2008 12:06 pm

zombiewalkin wrote:
Oh whole thing? Naaaa I wouldnt think the whole thing was done by someone else but hey those guys were terrible live back in the day from what I have seen on video. When I saw them a few years ago the only original member was Steve Summers and he sang his tail off. The other musicians, especially the guitar player, were pretty spot on.

Ah well, I guess the world will never know. It was a fun rumor from way-back-when, so if I can keep it's spirit alive in '08, so be it. Feel free to contact Blabbermouth. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Little boys with electric toys...we rock!   Little boys with electric toys...we rock! Icon_minitimeMon Jun 16, 2008 6:55 pm

ultmetal wrote:
tohostudios wrote:
lol!

That's freakin' funny! lol!

Yeah, "little girls all in a row, screamin' rooster rock" just doesn't convey the same sentiment, does it?

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28414

PostSubject: Re: Little boys with electric toys...we rock!   Little boys with electric toys...we rock! Icon_minitimeTue Jun 17, 2008 10:22 pm

tohostudios wrote:
lol!

lol!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
arttieTHE1manparty
Administrator
arttieTHE1manparty

Number of posts : 863

PostSubject: Re: Little boys with electric toys...we rock!   Little boys with electric toys...we rock! Icon_minitimeTue Jun 17, 2008 11:10 pm

Quote :
Years ago, before the interwebs, I had heard a rumor that studio musicians did most or all of the music on Pretty Boy Floyd's cd and that the members couldn't play for shite.

Tough call, really. They put out more than one album, so I guess its possible they had some session players here and there, but I highly doubt they NEVER recorded their own stuff.

Arttie
Back to top Go down
http://christianmetalrealm.niceboard.com
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Little boys with electric toys...we rock!   Little boys with electric toys...we rock! Icon_minitimeTue Jun 17, 2008 11:18 pm

BTW, apparently, this song ISN'T by Pretty Boy Floyd. There is another song with similar lyrics that actually say, "little boys with electronic toys-we rock".

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: Little boys with electric toys...we rock!   Little boys with electric toys...we rock! Icon_minitimeTue Jun 17, 2008 11:25 pm

Ult, where did you hear the song? Just playing on the radio?
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Little boys with electric toys...we rock!   Little boys with electric toys...we rock! Icon_minitimeTue Jun 17, 2008 11:59 pm

A reader of my site is trying to find the song. I mentioned the PBF song and he informed me that it wasn't the song he was looking for.

PostSubject: Re: Little boys with electric toys...we rock!   Little boys with electric toys...we rock! Icon_minitimeThu Jul 22, 2010 11:28 am

The song is called little boys, its by a band called sing sing. They were based out of Kansas city in the 90's. They have broken up since then.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Little boys with electric toys...we rock!   Little boys with electric toys...we rock! Icon_minitimeThu Jul 22, 2010 11:33 am

the reason i know this is because i own the c.d.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Little boys with electric toys...we rock!   Little boys with electric toys...we rock! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Little boys with electric toys...we rock!
Page 1 of 1