Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The toys you played with as a child....

Go down 
+21
Leatherface
Shiney
jstate
Smindas
XYZ
nevermore
Thrasher73
DeathCult
kmorg
DallasBlack
QuothTheRaven
MetalGuy71
Stender
SAHB Healer
Fat Freddy
tohostudios
the sentinel
mc666
Orion Crystal Ice
scottmitchell74
25 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

The toys you played with as a child.... - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The toys you played with as a child....   The toys you played with as a child.... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 19, 2008 8:50 pm

SAHB Healer wrote:
I vaguely remember something I wanna call "Incredible Edibles"; which were a sort of Creepy Crawly that you could eat (and unlike the real Creepy Crawlies, digest). Or am I hallucinating again?

Yep! That's what they were called. I had that set too.

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: The toys you played with as a child....   The toys you played with as a child.... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 19, 2008 8:55 pm

Here's one only you fellow oldtimers would have experienced. I still remember the "Hooded Skullkaronomus" and the "Snaggle Fanged Oculus"; they were my favorites.

http://www.snowcrest.net/fox/str.html

Card-carrying Van Halen Freak
XYZ

Number of posts : 2600

PostSubject: Re: The toys you played with as a child....   The toys you played with as a child.... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 19, 2008 9:04 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
xyz wrote:
I use to watch Thomas every Sunday morning.
They had some big names on the show as narrorators. Ringo Starr, the late George Carlin, Alec Baldwin, and Pierce Brosnan.

The first "Thomas" video we got for my son (see previous post) had George Carlin as the narrator. I was and still am a HUGE fan of his stand up comedy but had no idea he'd ever done kid-oriented stuff, so it was a little weird at first hearing his distinctive voice telling these sweet stories about sharing and friendship, then later I'd see one of his HBO specials and he'd be swearing up a storm Laughing

I always wondered if any out-take reels from his "Thomas" recording sessions existed... imagine what those would sound like?

"Thomas said 'f**k you, Percy!' and Percy replied 'no, f**k YOU, Thomas!' Suddenly James whistled into the station and said "Hey you f**kin f**kers, Mister F**kin Conductor sez you'd both better shut the f**k up!"

laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The toys you played with as a child....   The toys you played with as a child.... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 19, 2008 9:34 pm

We didn't have alot of money.

The toys you played with as a child.... - Page 3 Toys
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: The toys you played with as a child....   The toys you played with as a child.... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 19, 2008 9:39 pm

I think at one point in time I had the majority of G.I. Joe, Star Wars, Indiana Jones, and Masters Of The Universe
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: The toys you played with as a child....   The toys you played with as a child.... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 19, 2008 10:19 pm

DeathCult wrote:
I think at one point in time I had the majority of G.I. Joe, Star Wars, Indiana Jones, and Masters Of The Universe

Not the Indiana Jones ones but I had the others. For me each had the ultimate toy of the collection.

G.I. Joe: The U.S.S. Flagg (there were many others but none compared)
He Man: Castle Grey Skull
Star Wars: Ewok Village (I was always disappointed with the Millenium Falcon-see above post, The AT-AT Walkers were pretty cool, and I also liked the Lambda shuttle Vader flew in in ROTJ).

If they had ever made a Star Destroyer, that would probable have been my favorite. As it was Ewok Village was the only toy that lived up to it's movie counterpart
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 18944

PostSubject: Re: The toys you played with as a child....   The toys you played with as a child.... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 19, 2008 11:28 pm

Anyone remember the green slime you could get in the plastic garbage cans?
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: The toys you played with as a child....   The toys you played with as a child.... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 20, 2008 1:05 am

Leatherface wrote:

Yes, I do remember those. Green slime also came with toys from The Real Ghostbusters, He-Man, and TMNT.
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

PostSubject: Re: The toys you played with as a child....   The toys you played with as a child.... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 20, 2008 1:08 am

Our version was slightly more advanced and they called it... Gak. Shocked cheers
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: The toys you played with as a child....   The toys you played with as a child.... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 20, 2008 1:48 am

DallasBlack wrote:
Leatherface wrote:

Yes, I do remember those. Green slime also came with toys from The Real Ghostbusters, He-Man, and TMNT.

What sucked was that the stuff was almost impossible to get off the toys once you poured it on them. Very hard to clean that gunk.
Back to top Go down
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 18944

PostSubject: Re: The toys you played with as a child....   The toys you played with as a child.... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 20, 2008 5:15 am

DallasBlack wrote:
DallasBlack wrote:
Leatherface wrote:

What sucked was that the stuff was almost impossible to get off the toys once you poured it on them. Very hard to clean that gunk.
There was also orange slime(that had worms in it) and yellow that had eyeballs. I only had the green and orange slime. I never found the yellow.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
Smindas
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

Number of posts : 2546

PostSubject: Re: The toys you played with as a child....   The toys you played with as a child.... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 20, 2008 8:24 am

Am I right in thinking that in America they never referred to Sir Topham Fat as 'The Fat Controller'? Because if that is true, that is ridiculous. Also, is it wrong that I have episodes of Thomas with Ringo Starr narrating on Youtube bookmarked ;P That's extreme nostalgia, right there.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37653

PostSubject: Re: The toys you played with as a child....   The toys you played with as a child.... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 20, 2008 8:46 am

Smindas wrote:
Am I right in thinking that in America they never referred to Sir Topham Fat as 'The Fat Controller'? Because if that is true, that is ridiculous. Also, is it wrong that I have episodes of Thomas with Ringo Starr narrating on Youtube bookmarked ;P That's extreme nostalgia, right there.

In the American videos, he's never referred to as "The Fat Controller," they call him "Sir Topham Hatt." I guess the politically correct crowd here was afraid that that fat kids would be offended by it or something.

Although some of my son's Thomas videos have the original British narrations and in those he's called "The Fat Controller," which confused my son somewhat at first.

By the way, I preferred Ringo Starr as narrator, followed by my man George Carlin. And I have a boatload of Thomas clips saved on my YouTube account too, from when my son was still addicted to the show. Smile

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Smindas
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

PostSubject: Re: The toys you played with as a child....   The toys you played with as a child.... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 20, 2008 10:29 am

Sorry, I meant to say "Sir Topham Hatt", I just had 'fat' on the mind clearly. His official name is Sir Topham, but he seems to always be referred to by Fat Controller, which I might add, is a hilarious nickname.

Card-carrying Van Halen Freak
XYZ

Number of posts : 2600

PostSubject: Re: The toys you played with as a child....   The toys you played with as a child.... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 20, 2008 11:40 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
By the way, I preferred Ringo Starr as narrator, followed by my man George Carlin. And I have a boatload of Thomas clips saved on my YouTube account too, from when my son was still addicted to the show. Smile

Same here. Plus, I knew who Ringo was before I knew who Carlin was.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: The toys you played with as a child....   The toys you played with as a child.... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 20, 2008 11:55 am

xyz wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:

Same here. Plus, I knew who Ringo was before I knew who Carlin was.

My son has numerous Thomas story books and when I used to read them to him before bed I would try to read them in a bad imitation of Ringo's voice. Laughing He just sounded so cool.

Did I see someone mention that Pierce Brosnan is going to be narrating Thomas videos now? That's kinda neat.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Smindas
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

PostSubject: Re: The toys you played with as a child....   The toys you played with as a child.... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 20, 2008 12:00 pm

Indeed, he apparently is going to be doing the new series. It could work.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: The toys you played with as a child....   The toys you played with as a child.... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 20, 2008 12:02 pm

Smindas wrote:
Indeed, he apparently is going to be doing the new series. It could work.

I'm just picturing him doing it in his James Bond voice.

"Tank Engine. Thomas the Tank Engine." Laughing

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The toys you played with as a child....   The toys you played with as a child.... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 20, 2008 12:05 pm

Hey you guys wanna get a room?
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: The toys you played with as a child....   The toys you played with as a child.... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 20, 2008 12:10 pm

spectrefate wrote:
Hey you guys wanna get a room?

Well, excuuuuuuse us. I may have hated that damn train when my son first discovered those videos, but he eventually grew on me over time. I'm a fan!

If anyone here has kids in the family who are into Thomas, by the way, you should try to take them to one of the "Day Out With Thomas" tour stops near you. They dress up a real train to look like Thomas and take the kids for rides, and have tons of railroad-related kiddie activities. It's like OzzFest for the two-to-five-year-old set.

Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: The toys you played with as a child....   The toys you played with as a child.... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 20, 2008 12:14 pm

When I babysit for my oldest nephew, he watches it (he's 2). In fact, for Christmas last year I bought him a ride on Thomas tank engine. He still goes on it occasionally. Peace.
Back to top Go down
Smindas
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

PostSubject: Re: The toys you played with as a child....   The toys you played with as a child.... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 20, 2008 12:20 pm

Man, when I was about five, I went to this Thomas' 50th Birthday thing at the York Railway Museum. It was incredible, and there was a huge train done up to look like James which I got to ride on.

...yes, I am just a big child.

Metal master
Metal master
Hamer12

Number of posts : 828

PostSubject: Re: The toys you played with as a child....   The toys you played with as a child.... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 21, 2008 8:58 am

I have always been a pack rat, I still have all my Star Wars, Transformers, Legos, Go Bots, Hotwheels, Matchbox , & all those 70's & 80's goodies.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: The toys you played with as a child....   The toys you played with as a child.... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 21, 2008 9:55 am

Orion Crystal Ice wrote:
Something else:

The toys you played with as a child.... - Page 3 12784

EPIC.

Wowzers, I had totally forgotten about this one, but my brother and I had this set as well. We used to take over our entire rec room setting up elaborate domino layouts. Woe be to anyone who stepped into the room and knocked any part of it over before we were finished with it!! We always tried to use EVERY SINGLE DOMINO in the box in our set ups, and there were a LOT of 'em so the layouts would snake all over the place... under couches, between chair legs, etc. Wow, I must've been a lot more patient back then.

Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

PostSubject: Re: The toys you played with as a child....   The toys you played with as a child.... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 21, 2008 10:15 am

Yep. It was epic. Except the loop thingy didn't quite work as well as advertised, mainly because you're throwing a stiff rectangular object into something that requires an object of a semi-spherical curvature to actually 'loop' correctly. Razz Still though. I had like 3 sets, and I connected them all. Most of it worked pretty well except for the loop. Sometimes the bridge thing would get stuck and I'd get pissed. Mad
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The toys you played with as a child....   The toys you played with as a child.... - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The toys you played with as a child....
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: