Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What are some songs with "backwards messages"?

Go down 
+13
scottmitchell74
Lurideath
romeolimagolf
Troublezone
MetalGuy71
Fat Freddy
Thrasher73
brontotex
INVADERS
SAHB Healer
mc666
mr.electric39
Required Fields
17 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28453

What are some songs with "backwards messages"? Empty
PostSubject: What are some songs with "backwards messages"?   What are some songs with "backwards messages"? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 02, 2007 9:07 pm

Possessed - Pentagram
Iron Maiden - Still Life
Vicious Rumors - Out of the Shadows

Also, let's not forget the subliminal message case against Judas Priest.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
mr.electric39
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mr.electric39

Number of posts : 1828

PostSubject: Re: What are some songs with "backwards messages"?   What are some songs with "backwards messages"? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 02, 2007 9:13 pm

Petra - Judas Kiss
Queen - Another One Bites the Dust
Blackoak Arkanasas - The Day Electricity came to Arkansas live
Zepplin - Stairway
ELO - (frankly I don't remember HA !!)

those are the most well known, you've already mentioned the Priest stuff... and Maiden...

I was fascinated and intrigued and all it did was make me more interested in the 'occult'.... I can't stand this stuff nowadays.....
Back to top Go down
http://www.whitethronereviews.blogspot.com
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: What are some songs with "backwards messages"?   What are some songs with "backwards messages"? Icon_minitimeTue Apr 03, 2007 12:22 am

i don't believe i've ever listened to an album backwards. i thought only crazy people did that.

SAHB Healer
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
SAHB Healer

Number of posts : 2793

PostSubject: Re: What are some songs with "backwards messages"?   What are some songs with "backwards messages"? Icon_minitimeTue Apr 03, 2007 2:51 am

What I always thought about the Priest case; if the song in question was "Beyond the Realms of Death"; how could you get any more depressed listening to it backwards? It's one of the most depressing songs I've ever heard forward! Isn't that bad enough?
Back to top Go down
INVADERS
Metal master
Metal master
INVADERS

Number of posts : 937

PostSubject: Re: What are some songs with "backwards messages"?   What are some songs with "backwards messages"? Icon_minitimeTue Apr 03, 2007 6:34 am

Iced Earth's Damien has a backwards message at the end....
can't find any info on what it says
Back to top Go down
brontotex
brontotex

Number of posts : 446

PostSubject: Re: What are some songs with "backwards messages"?   What are some songs with "backwards messages"? Icon_minitimeTue Apr 03, 2007 7:49 am

I listen to music forwards
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: What are some songs with "backwards messages"?   What are some songs with "backwards messages"? Icon_minitimeTue Apr 03, 2007 7:52 am

brontotex wrote:
I listen to music forwards
Me too!
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37652

PostSubject: Re: What are some songs with "backwards messages"?   What are some songs with "backwards messages"? Icon_minitimeTue Apr 03, 2007 8:01 am

There's some stuff spoken backwards at the end of "The Damned" by the Plasmatics (off the COUP D'ETAT album) but I've never felt particularly compelled to play it in reverse and see what it says...

Knowing Wendy O. Williams, it's probably something like "Hey you moron, you're not supposed to play your records backwards!"

Last edited by on Tue Apr 03, 2007 10:57 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: What are some songs with "backwards messages"?   What are some songs with "backwards messages"? Icon_minitimeTue Apr 03, 2007 10:10 am

If I remember correctly, there is some backwards messages in Motorhead's "Nightmares/Dreamtime" on 1916.

Back in high school, I had a buddy whose turntable could play in reverse and we listened to "Stairway to Heaven", looking for messages. I think the message was "Here's to my sweet satan", but we never really heard it. Or maybe we THOUGHT we heard it. Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

PostSubject: Re: What are some songs with "backwards messages"?   What are some songs with "backwards messages"? Icon_minitimeFri May 04, 2007 8:53 am

66 crush
Back to top Go down
romeolimagolf
Metal student
Metal student
romeolimagolf

Number of posts : 204

PostSubject: Re: What are some songs with "backwards messages"?   What are some songs with "backwards messages"? Icon_minitimeFri May 04, 2007 8:24 pm

Venom - In Leauge With Satan
Back to top Go down
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3892

PostSubject: Re: What are some songs with "backwards messages"?   What are some songs with "backwards messages"? Icon_minitimeFri May 04, 2007 9:13 pm

Slayer - Hell Awaits!
Back to top Go down
mr.electric39
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mr.electric39

PostSubject: Re: What are some songs with "backwards messages"?   What are some songs with "backwards messages"? Icon_minitimeFri May 04, 2007 10:07 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
There's some stuff spoken backwards at the end of "The Damned" by the Plasmatics (off the COUP D'ETAT album) but I've never felt particularly compelled to play it in reverse and see what it says...

Knowing Wendy O. Williams, it's probably something like "Hey you moron, you're not supposed to play your records backwards!"

Laughing very hard Laughing very hard Laughing very hard Laughing very hard

that's the truth ain't it !!!
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9047

PostSubject: Re: What are some songs with "backwards messages"?   What are some songs with "backwards messages"? Icon_minitimeSat May 05, 2007 9:47 am

Led Zeppelin - The Battle of Evermore

In high school a buddy of mine somehow made a copy of IV completely backwards and listened to the whole thing over and over (we were kids with time on our hands!) and of course he heard the Stairway stuff but he also found some on the Battle of Evermore -it's of course up to interpretation - but one line sounds like - "man will fight the war with the beast damnation and hellflame!" like I said, it might just be interpretation/perception - but to a stupid 17-18 year olds we were convinced!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What are some songs with "backwards messages"?   What are some songs with "backwards messages"? Icon_minitimeSun May 06, 2007 1:47 am

How do you listen backwards?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What are some songs with "backwards messages"?   What are some songs with "backwards messages"? Icon_minitimeSun May 06, 2007 7:53 am

We had a contest on the Warpath Board to make or interpret "Christian" rock songs backwards, though it wasn't as popular as we'd hoped...

I remember hearing something on a reverse of Accept's "Balls To The Wall"--it was an anti-Hitler message. Of course, for a list of all the ones that are known in popular culture, you need a book called "Backward Masking Unmasked", which is also somewhat of a Christian "Satanic-Panic" era scare book.

You can hear anything on a backwards recording that you want to. The truth is, most of the bands in question are properly Satanic forwards--why mess around with the backwards stuff? Did Venom or Slayer somehow feel like they didn't get the point across forwards? Seems silly to me...

)+(
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: What are some songs with "backwards messages"?   What are some songs with "backwards messages"? Icon_minitimeSun May 06, 2007 8:52 pm

Egassem sdrawkcab a si siht.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What are some songs with "backwards messages"?   What are some songs with "backwards messages"? Icon_minitimeSun May 06, 2007 10:16 pm

Motley Crue - Shout at the Devil (Jesus is Satan)
The Beatles - Revolution #9 (Turn me on dead man)
Weird Al - Remember Larry (You have alot of free time on your hands)
Slipknot - Iowa (dont look at me)
Sisters of Mercy - Vision Thing (remember there being one, its a quote from Apocalypse now)
Back to top Go down
mr.electric39
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mr.electric39

PostSubject: Re: What are some songs with "backwards messages"?   What are some songs with "backwards messages"? Icon_minitimeSun May 06, 2007 10:23 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Egassem sdrawkcab a si siht.

lol! lol! lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What are some songs with "backwards messages"?   What are some songs with "backwards messages"? Icon_minitimeMon May 07, 2007 12:04 pm

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_backmasked_messages
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: What are some songs with "backwards messages"?   What are some songs with "backwards messages"? Icon_minitimeMon May 07, 2007 12:06 pm

Parksey wrote:
How do you listen backwards?

I am not sure how you'd be able to pull it off with a CD, but back in the vinyl days it was very simple... just put the record on the turntable and spin it backwards by hand. (You had to be careful not to push too hard or you'd snap the needle right off the record player too!)
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: What are some songs with "backwards messages"?   What are some songs with "backwards messages"? Icon_minitimeMon May 07, 2007 12:50 pm

We have a cd player at work, used for commercial production, that allows you to play things backwards. It was pretty high-end back in the late 90's when we purchased it, but I don't know what they go for these days. Nowadays, there is computer editing software that allows backward playback as well. But it's not nearly as much fun as manually spinning a turntable, listening for satan's commands.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: What are some songs with "backwards messages"?   What are some songs with "backwards messages"? Icon_minitimeMon May 07, 2007 1:20 pm

Does anybody remember the old "Bloom County" comic strip from the 80s? I used to have one of those strips hanging up in my locker in high school that showed Milo Bloom (cub reporter for the "Bloom Beacon" newspaper) preparing to do a big expose on backwards messages in rock lyrics. He put a record on his turntable (I forget if it was Motley Crue or Twisted Sister, but it was one of those) and when he began playing it backwards he heard "GO....TO... CHURCH.... SAAAAAAY... YOUR PRAAAAAAAYERS..." He then turned to Opus the Penguin and said "I don't think I have a story here" while the record went "TITHE! TITHE!" in the background.
Back to top Go down
AchrisK
Metal master
Metal master
AchrisK

Number of posts : 975

PostSubject: Re: What are some songs with "backwards messages"?   What are some songs with "backwards messages"? Icon_minitimeMon May 07, 2007 3:59 pm

Looks like the original post was about bands that have included backwards spoken parts on one of their songs (i.e. Iron Maiden - Still Life), but then people were answering with songs that have been accused of having a message when played backwards (backmasking).

Anyway, I remember hearing that Queen - Another One Bites the Dust has a pro-marijuana statement when played backwards.

Who knows.

ack
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What are some songs with "backwards messages"?   What are some songs with "backwards messages"? Icon_minitimeMon May 07, 2007 4:06 pm

I remember years ago there was a bakcmasking site that explained how to do it using a program that came with Windows I believe. The site is gone. Believe there is an easy way to do it
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What are some songs with "backwards messages"?   What are some songs with "backwards messages"? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What are some songs with "backwards messages"?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: