Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Black Sabbath Tony Martin years?

Go down 
+23
metalinmyveins
Sabbath In Solitude
Ben Grimm
SAHB Healer
DeathCult
nevermore
Required Fields
Lurideath
assault_attack
Troublezone
Metal Misfit
James B.
Temple of Blood
UltraMagnus007
akeldama
Orion Crystal Ice
skullsmasher
MoonChild
MetalGuy71
mc666
kmorg
manny
27 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
candlemass
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

Number of posts : 2096

Black Sabbath Tony Martin years? - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath Tony Martin years?   Black Sabbath Tony Martin years? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 31, 2009 10:18 pm

detuned wrote:
I saw the Forbidden tour in Seattle (Motorhead was the opening act), it was a great show. They even did The Wizard!

Yep, and Martin blew a pretty good harp!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/fragilegothband
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath Tony Martin years?   Black Sabbath Tony Martin years? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 31, 2009 10:30 pm

candlemass wrote:
DeathCult wrote:

I always felt it was a throw away album, Iommi and his line up lotion boys didnot even bother to tour or promote the album.

I believe Martin himself directly said, after it was done, Iommi directly split to do the reunion with Ozzy.

Not true, they did tour and promote the lp, in fact I have a DVD of that tour. Read "Never Say Die."

What really killed that lp was the inclusion of Ice T and Martin's pseudo rap style on "Illusion of Power."[/quote]

He mustve meant after the tour than. Yeah, the Ice T thing doesnt really fit, but thats not what kills the album. The weak song writing does.
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath Tony Martin years?   Black Sabbath Tony Martin years? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 31, 2009 10:32 pm

Did Tony Martin sing any of the Ian Gillan or Glenn Hughes material live? Does anybody know?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath Tony Martin years?   Black Sabbath Tony Martin years? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 31, 2009 10:34 pm

manny wrote:
Did Tony Martin sing any of the Ian Gillan or Glenn Hughes material live? Does anybody know?

Not when I saw them, they did use the riff from Zero The Hero at one point, but didn't play the entire song.

*edit* - I just checked black-sabbath.com and it doesn't look like any material from Born Again was ever played with Tony Martin. However, there is a youtube clip somewhere of Tony Martin singing "Heart Like A Wheel" from Seventh Star.
Back to top Go down
candlemass
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath Tony Martin years?   Black Sabbath Tony Martin years? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 31, 2009 10:48 pm

I don't think the songwritting was that bad, just not great, I really like this one.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath Tony Martin years?   Black Sabbath Tony Martin years? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 01, 2009 7:04 am

DeathCult wrote:
Just picked up Forbidden again a few days ago, and while not top shelf Black Sabbath, its nowhere near a bad album.

To think of all the many amazing albums that could have been acquired in its place confounds one. lol.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath Tony Martin years?   Black Sabbath Tony Martin years? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 01, 2009 8:02 am

detuned wrote:
manny wrote:

Not when I saw them, they did use the riff from Zero The Hero at one point, but didn't play the entire song.

*edit* - I just checked black-sabbath.com and it doesn't look like any material from Born Again was ever played with Tony Martin. However, there is a youtube clip somewhere of Tony Martin singing "Heart Like A Wheel" from Seventh Star.

Really? I just got done talking up Mr. Martin's sizable skillz on the mic. I made it appear that Doc Martin is just the absolute shiz in that slot, being able to deliver and do justice to any and all of the former vocalists' work. But, now you go and tell me that he never took on the Ian Gillan material. That's enough to break a fella's heart.
Back to top Go down
candlemass
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath Tony Martin years?   Black Sabbath Tony Martin years? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 09, 2009 7:57 am

DeathCult wrote:
Just picked up Forbidden again a few days ago, and while not top shelf Black Sabbath, its nowhere near a bad album.

Amen! headbanger
Back to top Go down
candlemass
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath Tony Martin years?   Black Sabbath Tony Martin years? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 10, 2009 12:24 am

Not a lot registered high on the "doom meter" in this era, but a few sure did! Black Sabbath Tony Martin years? - Page 4 438278

Back to top Go down
candlemass
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath Tony Martin years?   Black Sabbath Tony Martin years? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 10, 2009 1:26 am

Where did this come from?

Back to top Go down
candlemass
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath Tony Martin years?   Black Sabbath Tony Martin years? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 10, 2009 4:38 am

I got a reply from the one who posted it on youtube, it was a Japanese bonus track. Never heard it before, not bad.
Back to top Go down
candlemass
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath Tony Martin years?   Black Sabbath Tony Martin years? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 10, 2009 5:03 am

Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath Tony Martin years?   Black Sabbath Tony Martin years? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 11, 2010 4:45 am

Does anyone know where I could download some Tony Martin Sabbath live bootlegs? I'm having a hard time tracking them down online.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath Tony Martin years?   Black Sabbath Tony Martin years? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 11, 2010 5:34 am

http://soundaboard.blogspot.com/2007/07/black-sabbath-vienna-1989.html
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath Tony Martin years?   Black Sabbath Tony Martin years? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 11, 2010 5:46 am

I tried that one earlier but the first link tried to give me a virus... Black Sabbath Tony Martin years? - Page 4 37951
Back to top Go down
iamrockerfun
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
iamrockerfun

Number of posts : 2003

PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath Tony Martin years?   Black Sabbath Tony Martin years? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 18, 2010 1:45 pm

i cant stop lsitening BS Martin era Headless Cross+Cross Purpose albums.
they were/are simply gr8.
pure heavy, rocky, metallic sound, clear TM voice... awsome.
Back to top Go down
http://bootlegnightmare.euweb.cz/
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath Tony Martin years?   Black Sabbath Tony Martin years? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 18, 2010 4:37 pm

One of my favorite Martin-era songs

headbanger
Back to top Go down
iamrockerfun
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
iamrockerfun

Number of posts : 2003

PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath Tony Martin years?   Black Sabbath Tony Martin years? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 18, 2010 8:53 pm

just so (un)memorable LOVE IT.
Back to top Go down
http://bootlegnightmare.euweb.cz/
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath Tony Martin years?   Black Sabbath Tony Martin years? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 27, 2011 6:28 pm

Bump for question...

Found TYR and Forbidden in the used rack at FYE last night. Either one worth picking up? TYR sounds like it might be slightly interesting, but Forbidden's a dog, is that about right?

Metal is Forever
chewie

Number of posts : 5014

PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath Tony Martin years?   Black Sabbath Tony Martin years? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 27, 2011 6:35 pm

For what its worth, I really like TYR and it was the only Tony Martin years album that I owned. It got me interested in the post Born Again B.S.

Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath Tony Martin years?   Black Sabbath Tony Martin years? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 27, 2011 6:57 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Bump for question...

Found TYR and Forbidden in the used rack at FYE last night. Either one worth picking up? TYR sounds like it might be slightly interesting, but Forbidden's a dog, is that about right?

That is correct, it took me awhile to warm up to TYR but it is a decent Black Sabbath album. 'Forbidden' has a few fans on this board but I am not one of them.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37658

PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath Tony Martin years?   Black Sabbath Tony Martin years? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 27, 2011 7:02 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Bump for question...

I would pick'em both up, merely based on the fact that they've both been out of print for quite a while and you may never come across'em again. But that's just me.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
chewie
Metal is Forever
chewie

Number of posts : 5014

PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath Tony Martin years?   Black Sabbath Tony Martin years? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 27, 2011 7:22 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:
Bump for question...

I would pick'em both up, merely based on the fact that they've both been out of print for quite a while and you may never come across'em again. But that's just me.

ooooh, good point!!!!!
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath Tony Martin years?   Black Sabbath Tony Martin years? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 27, 2011 7:24 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:
Bump for question...

That's what I was thinking. Both seem to go for decent amounts online if I didn't care for them. For what FYE had 'em marked, I'm sure I could make my purchase price & then some back at least.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37658

PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath Tony Martin years?   Black Sabbath Tony Martin years? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 27, 2011 7:26 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:
Bump for question...

That's what I was thinking. Both seem to go for decent amounts online if I didn't care for them. For what FYE had 'em marked, I'm sure I could make my purchase price & then some back at least.

Well, then what're you sitting here gabbin' about it with us for? Go fetch'um before someone else does, doggone it!! Very Happy

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath Tony Martin years?   Black Sabbath Tony Martin years? - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Black Sabbath Tony Martin years?
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next