Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Black Sabbath Tony Martin years?

Go down 
+23
metalinmyveins
Sabbath In Solitude
Ben Grimm
SAHB Healer
DeathCult
nevermore
Required Fields
Lurideath
assault_attack
Troublezone
Metal Misfit
James B.
Temple of Blood
UltraMagnus007
akeldama
Orion Crystal Ice
skullsmasher
MoonChild
MetalGuy71
mc666
kmorg
manny
27 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
AuthorMessage
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

Black Sabbath Tony Martin years? - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath Tony Martin years?   Black Sabbath Tony Martin years? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 27, 2011 12:27 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:
Bump for question...

Found TYR and Forbidden in the used rack at FYE last night. Either one worth picking up? TYR sounds like it might be slightly interesting, but Forbidden's a dog, is that about right?

I would pick'em both up, merely based on the fact that they've both been out of print for quite a while and you may never come across'em again. But that's just me.

That's what I was thinking. Both seem to go for decent amounts online if I didn't care for them. For what FYE had 'em marked, I'm sure I could make my purchase price & then some back at least.

Definately could, that's why I sold my copy of Forbidden off again already. Tyr is a pretty good album though, worth having.
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath Tony Martin years?   Black Sabbath Tony Martin years? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 27, 2011 12:29 pm

Yea, yea, yea, I know. I'll talk about it, then go back this weekend and they'll be gone, like that Riot cd. Crying or Very sad I just saw them both last night, so maybe if I can get outta work a little early, I can make a pit-stop on the way home.

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath Tony Martin years?   Black Sabbath Tony Martin years? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 01, 2011 11:59 am

I nabbed both TYR and Forbidden yesterday for $6 bucks each. So far, I've only listened to TYR which, first impressions, is pretty decent. That one may be a keeper. I never knew Tony Martin had such a Dio-esque tone to his voice.

I'll probably get to Forbidden later this week.

mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath Tony Martin years?   Black Sabbath Tony Martin years? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 01, 2011 2:00 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
I nabbed both TYR and Forbidden yesterday for $6 bucks each. So far, I've only listened to TYR which, first impressions, is pretty decent. That one may be a keeper. I never knew Tony Martin had such a Dio-esque tone to his voice.

I'll probably get to Forbidden later this week.

I am a major Black Sabbath of all eras and I feel 'Forbidden' is a bit of dog, I know Metal Misfit and few others on this board like it, but I did not care for it, of course you will have to make up your own mind on the disc but buyer beware.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath Tony Martin years?   Black Sabbath Tony Martin years? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 01, 2011 2:07 pm

Forbidden has a couple really GREAT songs on it though; "Can't Get Close Enough" and "Kiss Of Death", those are two of my favorite Martin-era tracks.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath Tony Martin years?   Black Sabbath Tony Martin years? - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Black Sabbath Tony Martin years?
Page 5 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5