Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

If You Were To Release A Split CD...

Go down 
+7
DeathCult
James B.
Tall Tyrion
exact33
XYZ
Stender
A Handful of Wayne
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage

If You Were To Release A Split CD... Empty
PostSubject: If You Were To Release A Split CD...   If You Were To Release A Split CD... Icon_minitimeMon Jul 07, 2008 2:35 pm

...featuring two metal bands, possibly volume one of a series but not necessarily, what are some title suggestions you think would be cool. This would be similar to what Stormspell does with his Thrash Clash series, but without a focus on such a specific genre of metal. This one would encompass trad, thrash, power, etc. And again, it may not—which is more than likely—be a series. It'll probably just be a split between two bands, at least four songs a piece.

Any suggestions? This is a very serious question, by the way.
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: If You Were To Release A Split CD...   If You Were To Release A Split CD... Icon_minitimeMon Jul 07, 2008 6:52 pm

The Metal Shock
thats all I got for now angry
Back to top Go down
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

PostSubject: Re: If You Were To Release A Split CD...   If You Were To Release A Split CD... Icon_minitimeMon Jul 07, 2008 7:18 pm

Metallic murder.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If You Were To Release A Split CD...   If You Were To Release A Split CD... Icon_minitimeMon Jul 07, 2008 7:22 pm

Overpriced Mediocrity Volumes 1-10.
Back to top Go down
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

PostSubject: Re: If You Were To Release A Split CD...   If You Were To Release A Split CD... Icon_minitimeMon Jul 07, 2008 7:29 pm

spectrefate wrote:
Overpriced Mediocrity Volumes 1-10.

Wow......
Back to top Go down
XYZ
Card-carrying Van Halen Freak
XYZ

Number of posts : 2600

PostSubject: Re: If You Were To Release A Split CD...   If You Were To Release A Split CD... Icon_minitimeMon Jul 07, 2008 7:35 pm

Music You'll Never Hear On The Radio
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

PostSubject: Re: If You Were To Release A Split CD...   If You Were To Release A Split CD... Icon_minitimeMon Jul 07, 2008 7:37 pm

Split PersonaliCD Smile

actually I would name it: Metal Tremors: Mayhem and Disaster

Tall Tyrion
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Tall Tyrion

Number of posts : 3367

PostSubject: Re: If You Were To Release A Split CD...   If You Were To Release A Split CD... Icon_minitimeMon Jul 07, 2008 7:38 pm

I would suggest Head to Head, but I don't want to give Spec any openings. If You Were To Release A Split CD... 12087

How about Clash of Titans.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If You Were To Release A Split CD...   If You Were To Release A Split CD... Icon_minitimeMon Jul 07, 2008 7:47 pm

...or Trash From the Not-Quite-ans? Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If You Were To Release A Split CD...   If You Were To Release A Split CD... Icon_minitimeMon Jul 07, 2008 8:04 pm

Thanks for being serious, Spec.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If You Were To Release A Split CD...   If You Were To Release A Split CD... Icon_minitimeMon Jul 07, 2008 8:05 pm

Always glad to help.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If You Were To Release A Split CD...   If You Were To Release A Split CD... Icon_minitimeMon Jul 07, 2008 8:11 pm

Let's put it this way. I'm helping someone put together a split CD. At the moment, two bands are interested, one has agreed. Contracts are being edited and such right now. One band is a newer thrash band from Brazil; the other is a recently reactivated American band that mixed thrash and heavy metal with a little progressive. They probably came a decade too late, but many consider them to be a classic old school metal band.

Hopefully it'll be a sweet split CD, as both bands' past material kicks ass! So be nice and help me out! Haha.

I was thinking of waiting until we get the tracklisting from each band, and then combining two songs to come up with a name. For instance, say one band has a song called "Inhuman," while the other includes a song called "Warfare." We could call it INHUMAN WARFARE. Something like that. But in the meantime, we're trying to compile a list of alternates.

Think of the name, and maybe you'll get a free copy of the CD? =)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If You Were To Release A Split CD...   If You Were To Release A Split CD... Icon_minitimeMon Jul 07, 2008 8:14 pm

If they are traditional thrash or power or whatever something like "Past Meets Present" or something like "The Past Is Back To Kick Your Ass" except not as lame.

That's my serious opinion.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If You Were To Release A Split CD...   If You Were To Release A Split CD... Icon_minitimeMon Jul 07, 2008 8:26 pm

spectrefate wrote:
If they are traditional thrash or power or whatever something like "Past Meets Present" or something like "The Past Is Back To Kick Your Ass" except not as lame.

That's my serious opinion.
I thought about something like that, since one is a newer band and one is an older band. Actually, that's probably not true. The Brazillian band released their debut EP in 1994, I believe, then disappeared until like 2004, or something like that. So they're not quite new; just most people haven't heard of them.

Both are killer bands. I was thinking about the world "alliance." Like calling it something like METAL ALLIANCE, or something less cheesy.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If You Were To Release A Split CD...   If You Were To Release A Split CD... Icon_minitimeMon Jul 07, 2008 8:36 pm

Aligning Forces? Hmmmm....me must think harder...or Unstoppable Force (s) (like the Agent Steel song)
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

PostSubject: Re: If You Were To Release A Split CD...   If You Were To Release A Split CD... Icon_minitimeMon Jul 07, 2008 9:28 pm

Band names and song names would help.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If You Were To Release A Split CD...   If You Were To Release A Split CD... Icon_minitimeMon Jul 07, 2008 9:39 pm

Phoenix Reign Drummer wrote:
Band names and song names would help.
No band names yet! Not until contracts are signed. =)
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12618

PostSubject: Re: If You Were To Release A Split CD...   If You Were To Release A Split CD... Icon_minitimeMon Jul 07, 2008 9:48 pm

Side by Side
Bi-Metal Manufacturing Company
Dos Musica Diablo
Mega Metal multi-pack
10 x 2

My .02 worth ?
Back to top Go down
Tall Tyrion
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Tall Tyrion

PostSubject: Re: If You Were To Release A Split CD...   If You Were To Release A Split CD... Icon_minitimeMon Jul 07, 2008 9:54 pm

Joining Forces
Strange Bedfellows (don't say it)
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12618

PostSubject: Re: If You Were To Release A Split CD...   If You Were To Release A Split CD... Icon_minitimeMon Jul 07, 2008 10:00 pm

Quote :
Joining Forces

that is pretty kewl
Back to top Go down
Tall Tyrion
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Tall Tyrion

PostSubject: Re: If You Were To Release A Split CD...   If You Were To Release A Split CD... Icon_minitimeMon Jul 07, 2008 10:09 pm

Thanks, bro. Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If You Were To Release A Split CD...   If You Were To Release A Split CD... Icon_minitimeMon Jul 07, 2008 10:29 pm

Huffin gas and kickin a$$
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If You Were To Release A Split CD...   If You Were To Release A Split CD... Icon_minitimeMon Jul 07, 2008 11:06 pm

Schbopo wrote:
Huffin gas and kickin a$$
Thanks for the serious reply.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

PostSubject: Re: If You Were To Release A Split CD...   If You Were To Release A Split CD... Icon_minitimeMon Jul 07, 2008 11:17 pm

Fire in the Hole
Mayhem and Doom
Death Amongst Us
The Reapers Breath

A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

PostSubject: Re: If You Were To Release A Split CD...   If You Were To Release A Split CD... Icon_minitimeMon Jul 07, 2008 11:20 pm

Rising Force Alliance

Im bad at this..... I give up
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: If You Were To Release A Split CD...   If You Were To Release A Split CD... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

If You Were To Release A Split CD...
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next