Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Hanoi Rocks to Split!

Go down 
+5
manny
MetalGuy71
tohostudios
rattpoison
TheGooch
9 posters
AuthorMessage
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

Number of posts : 4429

Hanoi Rocks to Split! Empty
PostSubject: Hanoi Rocks to Split!   Hanoi Rocks to Split! Icon_minitimeTue Oct 21, 2008 11:27 pm

taken from Metalhammer.co.uk

Much-travelled glam rockers Hanoi Rocks have decided that they have
taken the band as far as they can and are set to call time on their
illustrious career.The official Hanoi Rocks statement reads:
“Hanoi Rocks have decided to break up by the end of the year 2008.
Michael Monroe and Andy McCoy feel that they’ve taken the band as far
as it can go and now wish to go their separate ways.”
“All commitments until the end of the year, including the UK tour starting in London on Halloween, will naturally be honoured.”
“In addition, the band has decided to say farewell to their fans by
doing a final tour of Japan in the spring 2009 and immediately
thereafter wrapping things up with a few nights at the legendary
Tavastia Club in Helsinki, Finland where their career originally got
started in the 80’s.”
“November 26th will see the timely release of the first-ever
career-spanning Hanoi Rocks retrospective: a two-CD set titled ‘This
One’s For Rock’n'Roll - The Best Of Hanoi Rocks 1980-2008′.”
“The band wishes to thank all their fans, co-workers and business
partners for their continued love and support throughout the years.”
Back to top Go down
rattpoison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
rattpoison

Number of posts : 2682

PostSubject: Re: Hanoi Rocks to Split!   Hanoi Rocks to Split! Icon_minitimeWed Oct 22, 2008 12:08 am

I think it's disappointing that they never made it to North America or in my case Australia for a tour since the 'rebirth' back in early 00.....but it seems like the right thing to do, nothing spells mediocrity in rock n' roll more then releasing a string of decent/okay albums and trudging on particuarly when it's a pretty special band like Hanoi Rocks.

I'll be watching what Andy does in terms of music next, his solo records have potential but i wish he'd strip it back a bit ala more of the hippie sh*t and less electric sh*t. Get a bit more morose even and a bit exotic like some of the weirdness that runs through the brilliant Suicide Twins record.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Hanoi Rocks to Split!   Hanoi Rocks to Split! Icon_minitimeWed Oct 22, 2008 8:17 am

I agree; their last couple were merely decent.

I'll be watching Michael Monroe. His "Not Fakin' It" solo record is one of my favorite glam / sleaze albums.

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Hanoi Rocks to Split!   Hanoi Rocks to Split! Icon_minitimeWed Oct 22, 2008 9:53 am

Please.
You don't think they'll really break-up for good, do you? They broke up once already when Razzle died. Noone breaks-up forever. After the solo efforts go nowhere, they'll get back together again, because "the fans demaded it".
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hanoi Rocks to Split!   Hanoi Rocks to Split! Icon_minitimeWed Oct 22, 2008 9:54 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
they'll get back together again, because "the fan (rattpoison) demanded it".

Fixed.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Hanoi Rocks to Split!   Hanoi Rocks to Split! Icon_minitimeWed Oct 22, 2008 9:58 am

Spec, Metalguy typed it correctly RattPoison and I are the fans the press release was speaking to. Smile
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Hanoi Rocks to Split!   Hanoi Rocks to Split! Icon_minitimeWed Oct 22, 2008 9:59 am

I like them too.

Although I honestly like Michael Monroe's solo stuff better.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37625

PostSubject: Re: Hanoi Rocks to Split!   Hanoi Rocks to Split! Icon_minitimeWed Oct 22, 2008 10:02 am

tohostudios wrote:
I'll be watching Michael Monroe. His "Not Fakin' It" solo record is one of my favorite glam / sleaze albums.

"Dead, Jail, or Rock N Roll!" 🤘

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Hanoi Rocks to Split!   Hanoi Rocks to Split! Icon_minitimeWed Oct 22, 2008 10:04 am

Hey, I was a fan too. I have all of their original releases and I had Not Fakin' It and Shooting Gallery at one time as well. I just never followed up on their later releases.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Hanoi Rocks to Split!   Hanoi Rocks to Split! Icon_minitimeWed Oct 22, 2008 10:06 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
tohostudios wrote:

Didn't this video feature a cameo from Axl?
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Hanoi Rocks to Split!   Hanoi Rocks to Split! Icon_minitimeWed Oct 22, 2008 10:06 am

manny wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
tohostudios wrote:

Yup, it did... even though I don't believe Axl sang on the actual track.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Hanoi Rocks to Split!   Hanoi Rocks to Split! Icon_minitimeWed Oct 22, 2008 10:08 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
manny wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
tohostudios wrote:

That's correct. He wasn't on the cd, but he showed up for the video shoot.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Hanoi Rocks to Split!   Hanoi Rocks to Split! Icon_minitimeWed Oct 22, 2008 10:09 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
manny wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
tohostudios wrote:

Nice of Axl to do his boy Michael a favor, especially since he totally stole Michael's look in the early GNR days (look at his hair in the "Welcome to the Jungle" video!)... fat lot of good it did for Michael's album though. It pretty much sank without a trace if memory serves.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hanoi Rocks to Split!   Hanoi Rocks to Split! Icon_minitimeWed Oct 22, 2008 10:19 am

Yeah Axl's look was stolen from Michael Monroe, vocal style from a dying feline, and his stage persona stolen from Shark Island's Richard Black.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Hanoi Rocks to Split!   Hanoi Rocks to Split! Icon_minitimeWed Oct 22, 2008 10:54 am

Never could get into Hanoi Rocks.

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Hanoi Rocks to Split!   Hanoi Rocks to Split! Icon_minitimeWed Oct 22, 2008 10:56 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
manny wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
tohostudios wrote:

Nice of Axl to do his boy Michael a favor, especially since he totally stole Michael's look in the early GNR days (look at his hair in the "Welcome to the Jungle" video!)... fat lot of good it did for Michael's album though. It pretty much sank without a trace if memory serves.

Man With No Eyes used to get some airplay on the original Headbanger's Ball. That's where I first heard of Michael Monroe and Hanoi Rocks.

Scarred But Smarter
Scarred But Smarter
Shiney

Number of posts : 3487

PostSubject: Re: Hanoi Rocks to Split!   Hanoi Rocks to Split! Icon_minitimeWed Oct 22, 2008 11:19 am

All their stuff is good....Im a huge fan of HR, as well as all the affiliated projects...

but I agree I fear they won't truly break up...somewhere down the road....they'll be back.

Metal master
Metal master
skullsmasher

Number of posts : 638

PostSubject: Re: Hanoi Rocks to Split!   Hanoi Rocks to Split! Icon_minitimeWed Oct 22, 2008 3:49 pm

Hanoi never did much for me but I did like M. Monroe and Shooting Gallery stuff from their side projects
Back to top Go down
rattpoison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
rattpoison

Number of posts : 2682

PostSubject: Re: Hanoi Rocks to Split!   Hanoi Rocks to Split! Icon_minitimeThu Oct 23, 2008 12:14 am

I think one of the big factors in this decision is born out of their frustration of not being able to tour North America because of Andy's drug history, in other words they won't let him in to the country.

If it was a bigger band that would generate more money that stuff wouldn't be a problem at all in the US, but the size they are i guess it can be pretty much impossible to get a work permit.

It's a disgrace how the reprobates and criminals known as Motley Crue can work and tour and earn millions of dollars in the US but they won't let Andy McCoy into the country.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hanoi Rocks to Split!   Hanoi Rocks to Split! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hanoi Rocks to Split!
Page 1 of 1