Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

RAGE Announces Split

Go down 
+6
Dark Horseman
Citanul
Lari
Temple of Blood
DakotaRogers
10 posters
AuthorMessage
DakotaRogers
Metal master
Metal master
DakotaRogers

Number of posts : 920

RAGE Announces Split  Empty
PostSubject: RAGE Announces Split    RAGE Announces Split  Icon_minitimeWed Feb 04, 2015 11:08 am

http://www.metalunderground.com/news/details.cfm?newsid=110356

Quote :
Legendary German power thrash act Rage announced the end of the current era of Rage. After 15 years, the era of founding member Peavy Wagner and guitar/composer virtuoso Victor Smolski which began with "Welcome of the Other Side" in 2001, has come to an end.

In a statement on the band's Facebook Page: "Hi Rageheads, After thinking it over carefully, Peavy and Victor decided to stop working together in the future. This is due to musical and personal changes. We have developed in different directions in the last years that much, that we cannot identify with the current band situation anymore. In this situation we will also part from drummer André Hilgers.

"The last 15 years were blessed with many Highlights and great releases but this era is over now. Every extension would be untrue to ourselves and to our fans.

"We wish each other all the best! Thanx to all the fans for your trust and support!

RAGE Announces Split  Rage21band
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39570

PostSubject: Re: RAGE Announces Split    RAGE Announces Split  Icon_minitimeWed Feb 04, 2015 11:14 am

Wow ! That's totally unexpected and disappointing. They have been one of my favorite bands for such a long time.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: RAGE Announces Split    RAGE Announces Split  Icon_minitimeWed Feb 04, 2015 11:20 am

Hopefully they will keep on with that reunion with guitarist Manni Schmidt and drummer Chris Efthimiadis. That trio made some great albums together.
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: RAGE Announces Split    RAGE Announces Split  Icon_minitimeWed Feb 04, 2015 11:25 am

Why split at all? Why not just change the lineup like they've done in the past?
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6336

PostSubject: Re: RAGE Announces Split    RAGE Announces Split  Icon_minitimeWed Feb 04, 2015 11:29 am

Yeah, "split" seems like a strange wording to use. It's Peavy's band, Rage IS Peavy, or is Smolski going to continue as VS-Rage now?

"Smolski and Hilgers leave Rage" makes more sense. They've had a thousand lineup changes in the past anyway.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: RAGE Announces Split    RAGE Announces Split  Icon_minitimeWed Feb 04, 2015 11:34 am

Temple of Blood wrote:
Why split at all?  Why not just change the lineup like they've done in the past?

Lari wrote:
Yeah, "split" seems like a strange wording to use. It's Peavy's band, Rage IS Peavy, or is Smolski going to continue as VS-Rage now?

"Smolski and Hilgers leave Rage" makes more sense. They've had a thousand lineup changes in the past anyway.

Good points. Hopefully a more clear announcement on their future will be coming up.
Back to top Go down
Citanul
Metal master
Metal master
Citanul

Number of posts : 657

PostSubject: Re: RAGE Announces Split    RAGE Announces Split  Icon_minitimeWed Feb 04, 2015 11:48 am

It looks to me as though "split" was just used in the headline of the article and not in the band's comment. So it could end up being a line-up change.
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: RAGE Announces Split    RAGE Announces Split  Icon_minitimeWed Feb 04, 2015 12:20 pm

Yeah, Peavy will carry on.
Back to top Go down
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3892

PostSubject: Re: RAGE Announces Split    RAGE Announces Split  Icon_minitimeWed Feb 04, 2015 3:54 pm

Victor is continuing on with LMO (Lingua Mortis Orchestra) which is seriously bitchen ass!! Peavy was part of that as well but will no longer do that. As far as Rage, I believe it is continuing just different members.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: RAGE Announces Split    RAGE Announces Split  Icon_minitimeWed Feb 04, 2015 4:52 pm

So a non-split that results in two bands? Works for me.
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: RAGE Announces Split    RAGE Announces Split  Icon_minitimeSun Feb 08, 2015 12:02 pm

Peavy wrote this on his facebook:

BTW I need to start coming back here more often. I miss you guys Sad

Hi Rageheads, due to s rumors in the past few days, referring to the future of RAGE and LMO, I would like to give some more clarity.

My split from Victor and André does NOT implicate the end of RAGE! On the contrary, set sails again with a new Line-Up soon we. More news to follow.

REFUGE is a blessing for me and my two friends and bandmates, and wants to continue to exist. We are looking forward to the festival summer of 2015 (and beyond) Both bands, RAGE and refuge are going to be present alongside and want even complement each other. With refuge we are serving all the oldschool metalheads out there, whilst RAGE is covering the whole musical spectrum that I have built up in the past 30 years.
LINGUA MORTIS (LMO) I created in the early 90's and we celebrated our first release in 1996. Equals to RAGE, LMO is important part of me and I want to put in the same amount of passion and creative energy as I have done in the past.

I promise that I will go ahead with RAGE in a high musical quality. With refuge we will travel back to the early days and with LINGUA MORTIS ORCHESTRA I want to continue the metal meets classic part of me.

I can't wait for what will happen in the near future, I feel freed and I am full of creative energy. In that respect I want to say THANK YOU for your trust and support.

See you soon.

Yours Peavy

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: RAGE Announces Split    RAGE Announces Split  Icon_minitimeSun Feb 08, 2015 3:50 pm

So...he's carrying on with LMO, Refuge and Rage? Word.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: RAGE Announces Split    RAGE Announces Split  Icon_minitimeMon Feb 09, 2015 2:07 pm

Nice ! Talk about a full plate.
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

PostSubject: Re: RAGE Announces Split    RAGE Announces Split  Icon_minitimeMon Feb 09, 2015 7:57 pm

Yea seems like it for now. It would be nice if the Refuge project put out an album.

Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: RAGE Announces Split    RAGE Announces Split  Icon_minitimeMon Feb 09, 2015 9:39 pm

That's cool. How does he do it?
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

PostSubject: Re: RAGE Announces Split    RAGE Announces Split  Icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2015 5:12 pm

I'm assuming he's not married and doesn't have kids lol

Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: RAGE Announces Split    RAGE Announces Split  Icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2015 5:22 pm

Yeah, no kidding! It's a safe bet that most folks in these bands that are so busy don't have kids. Or all their kids have already moved out of the house.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: RAGE Announces Split    RAGE Announces Split  Icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2015 6:12 pm

I think I remember the last Rage album had his baby doing some "goo goo ga ga" for a song. So yeah, he does have a toddler.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9885

PostSubject: Re: RAGE Announces Split    RAGE Announces Split  Icon_minitimeWed Feb 11, 2015 1:01 pm

As long as rage are still on, I am a happy metalhead.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: RAGE Announces Split    RAGE Announces Split  Icon_minitimeWed Feb 11, 2015 2:28 pm

Lari wrote:
I think I remember the last Rage album had his baby doing some "goo goo ga ga" for a song. So yeah, he does have a toddler.

If you're thinking of Hellgirl off Strings To A Web, that was Andre Hilger's daughter.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: RAGE Announces Split    RAGE Announces Split  Icon_minitimeSat Feb 14, 2015 4:56 pm

007 wrote:
Lari wrote:

If you're thinking of Hellgirl off Strings To A Web, that was Andre Hilger's daughter.
That's exactly what I was thinking of. Thanks for the info!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: RAGE Announces Split    RAGE Announces Split  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

RAGE Announces Split
Page 1 of 1