Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Tom Gabriel quits Celtic Frost?

Go down 
+7
DeathCult
kmorg
TrogDawn
mc666
A Handful of Wayne
MetalGuy71
Fat Freddy
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

Tom Gabriel quits Celtic Frost? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tom Gabriel quits Celtic Frost?   Tom Gabriel quits Celtic Frost? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 09, 2008 10:06 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
spectrefate wrote:
Sorry, MG. I'll keep my opinions to myself. Smile

Your opinions are fine, as long as they are the same as mine.

Hitler's back, who knew?
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
DeathCult
DeathCult

PostSubject: Re: Tom Gabriel quits Celtic Frost?   Tom Gabriel quits Celtic Frost? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 09, 2008 10:12 pm

I doubt this will stick either. Celtic Frost without Warrior doesnt make a damn bit of sense.
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28460

PostSubject: Re: Tom Gabriel quits Celtic Frost?   Tom Gabriel quits Celtic Frost? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 09, 2008 10:36 pm

I'd say Celtic Frost are going to split up for good now.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25910

PostSubject: Re: Tom Gabriel quits Celtic Frost?   Tom Gabriel quits Celtic Frost? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 10, 2008 5:39 pm

It wouldn't make much sense for them to continue on without Tom. (At least to me)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tom Gabriel quits Celtic Frost?   Tom Gabriel quits Celtic Frost? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 10, 2008 6:18 pm

Tom's always seems like an ass, but this is a shock.

What's next, Mustaine-free Megadeth? scratch
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tom Gabriel quits Celtic Frost?   Tom Gabriel quits Celtic Frost? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 10, 2008 8:05 pm

Im very content now that i got the chance to see them when they toured Australia last year.............but upon meeting the band,i just got the feeling that things werent too good & they have been touring non-stop since Monetheist came out so they probably got on each others nerves until something had to come crashing down.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tom Gabriel quits Celtic Frost?   Tom Gabriel quits Celtic Frost? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 10, 2008 8:06 pm

Trigger wrote:

If my prayers be answered.......
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
DeathCult

PostSubject: Re: Tom Gabriel quits Celtic Frost?   Tom Gabriel quits Celtic Frost? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 10, 2008 9:04 pm

spectrefate wrote:
Trigger wrote:

Death by tray it shall be!
Back to top Go down
stormspell
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stormspell

Number of posts : 1593

PostSubject: Re: Tom Gabriel quits Celtic Frost?   Tom Gabriel quits Celtic Frost? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 10, 2008 9:20 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
I hear that guy's currently fronting a combo called "CHERRY ORCHARDS - A TRIBUTE TO CELTIC FROST'S COLD LAKE."

I know I'm alienating myself to the extreme minority by saying this, but I think COLD LAKE was the only honest CF album in which they let themselves (or at least Tom did) play whatever they really wanted to, and because of this, it is the best and honest CF album by far, for me at least.

I did find Monotheist a very dissapointing comeback, and the promo photo sessions for it was some sort of sad joke to add to the overal dissatisfaction... They clearly lost it, maybe Tom did the right thing by quitting...
Back to top Go down
http://www.cdbaby.com/all/stormspell

PostSubject: Re: Tom Gabriel quits Celtic Frost?   Tom Gabriel quits Celtic Frost? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 10, 2008 9:27 pm

stormspell wrote:
They clearly lost it, maybe Tom did the right thing by quitting...

Sure they lost whatever made Cold Lake an "honest" album and thank goodness for that.

Celtic Frost was just always a band searching for their niche. Morbid Tales and To Mega Therion, while sounding like Hellhammer records were great in their own respect. Something weird happened with Into the Pandemonium which I'm glad they didn't continue developing. Cold Lake was good in it's own right, but not a "Celtic Frost" album (whatever that is) by any stretch of the imagination. Vanity/Nemesis was a very strong album but somehow still a lost effort. Monotheist was dark to an overwhelming extreme. I can understand why some don't appreciate it, but I revel in that album more than any of their others.

Celtic Frost was just never a confident band. But they never had anything to lose, IMO. They were eternally lost. Smile
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
DeathCult

PostSubject: Re: Tom Gabriel quits Celtic Frost?   Tom Gabriel quits Celtic Frost? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 10, 2008 9:28 pm

I don't know about that, I wouldn't say they ever had an alvum that wasn't honest, Tom's pretty much always played how and what he wanted to play.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Tom Gabriel quits Celtic Frost?   Tom Gabriel quits Celtic Frost? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 11, 2008 1:09 am

spectrefate wrote:
Trigger wrote:

i'm with spec... until they release another Rust In Peace anyway. which doesn't seem likely.

zombiewalkin
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
zombiewalkin

Number of posts : 292

PostSubject: Re: Tom Gabriel quits Celtic Frost?   Tom Gabriel quits Celtic Frost? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 11, 2008 9:45 am

I saw CF on the Monothiest tour. He signed my friends Cold Lake cd with one word. "ABOMINATION". I think kinda throws the "honest album" comment out the window Laughing

CF without Tom just wouldnt work IMO. Kinda the way Tom without CF doesnt work either.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tom Gabriel quits Celtic Frost?   Tom Gabriel quits Celtic Frost? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 11, 2008 12:35 pm

mc666 wrote:
spectrefate wrote:
Trigger wrote:

i'm with spec... until they release another Rust In Peace anyway. which doesn't seem likely.

this is pretty off-topic, but I'd disagree there. IMO the only poor Megadeth album is The World Needs A Hero. All the others range from at least good to classic.

as for CF, I wasn't too big on Monotheist. And count me in on fans of Cold Lake. happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tom Gabriel quits Celtic Frost?   Tom Gabriel quits Celtic Frost? - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Tom Gabriel quits Celtic Frost?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2