Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

I met Celtic Frost and messed up

Go down 
+6
Fat Freddy
sovdat
MetalGuy71
kmorg
mc666
fingers
10 posters
AuthorMessage
fingers
Metal master
Metal master
fingers

Number of posts : 815

I met Celtic Frost and messed up Empty
PostSubject: I met Celtic Frost and messed up   I met Celtic Frost and messed up Icon_minitimeWed Jun 13, 2007 5:20 pm

I met Celtic Frost and saw them live last night. I went to their autograph signing and anyway I had my camera and since it was my first time meeting four people signing my stuff and convincing them to take a photo with me I messed up. What happened was I only greeted the first member of Celtic Frost and asked him if him if I could take a photo with me and his band. He then told me to wait and since I was nervous I walked past the other members and walked around the table stood back of them waiting for them to take my photo luckly but F*** it was an awkward moment. Anyway Ive learned from my mistake next time the opportunity arises when there's more than 2 members signing autographs I know that I have to greet them all and ask the last member I greet to get my photo taken.
Just wandering if any of you have had awkward experiences like that.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I met Celtic Frost and messed up   I met Celtic Frost and messed up Icon_minitimeWed Jun 13, 2007 5:38 pm

Usually other people ask ME to have THIER pic taken with them. I think they just may be intreged with my basketball sized gouter, though.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: I met Celtic Frost and messed up   I met Celtic Frost and messed up Icon_minitimeWed Jun 13, 2007 8:35 pm

she's not metal, but once i met gwen stefani & asked if i could have my pic taken with her. she said sure & as i went to hand my wife the camera... i dropped it. it failed to work after that. :(

she signed my Black Flag shirt though.

kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: I met Celtic Frost and messed up   I met Celtic Frost and messed up Icon_minitimeThu Jun 14, 2007 7:17 am

I bet Rob Rock and Christian Rivel (Narnia), and had someone else take a picture of me together with both of them. Sadly I forgot to tell him how my camera was working, so the picture came out all blurry....

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: I met Celtic Frost and messed up   I met Celtic Frost and messed up Icon_minitimeThu Jun 14, 2007 7:23 am

Years ago, Andrew Dice Clay was doing a signing at the local Tower Records. I asked the guy in line behind me to take a pic on my camera. A week later I get my pictures back and there's a close-up of me with Dice barely in the picture. Thanks a bunch, you jack-ass.
Back to top Go down
sovdat
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal

Number of posts : 1786

PostSubject: Re: I met Celtic Frost and messed up   I met Celtic Frost and messed up Icon_minitimeThu Jun 14, 2007 8:22 am

Destruction were playing here in Slovenia as a headliner of some
festival years ago ... 4 of us actually sneaked into the hotel where
they were staying, so we had a little chat and stuff (both drunk as
hell haha ...), and finally we took a picture together, and everyone
was fine on the picture except me, as one of my friends accidently put
his hand in front of my face Smile
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37625

PostSubject: Re: I met Celtic Frost and messed up   I met Celtic Frost and messed up Icon_minitimeThu Jun 14, 2007 8:23 am

When Kiss' ALIVE III came out the band held a "record release party" at the Ritz in NYC, which my buddy and I attended. We brought a ton of stuff for each of them to autograph and it was a rush to actually shake hands with Gene and Paul, but it wasn't till we were actually INSIDE the venue waiting on the autograph line that we realized neither of us thought to even BRING a camera. Duh!!! My buddy was like "That's the last time we get stoned before we come to one of these things," haha.

Last edited by on Thu Jun 14, 2007 9:24 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3891

PostSubject: Re: I met Celtic Frost and messed up   I met Celtic Frost and messed up Icon_minitimeThu Jun 14, 2007 9:18 am

The one time I had something go wrong was when we played Minneapolis Mayhem 2 and I got a picture with Heathen. We took the photo in front of this indoor water fountain that water was shooting out of and the damn pisture came out blue and no one was recognizable.
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: I met Celtic Frost and messed up   I met Celtic Frost and messed up Icon_minitimeThu Jun 14, 2007 11:13 am

Another funny story happened to a friend of mine. Were were going to Sweden to see Dee Snider's SMF. This was the second time we saw them, and this time we brought stuff for them to sign. As we walked around this outdoor venue, my friend spotted someone carrying a guitar, that he thought looked familiar. So he rushed over, asking the guy to sing his CD. The guy looked a little perplexed, but signed the booklet nevertheless. It wasn't until the band hit the stage later that night, and noone on the stage looked like the man who signed my friends CD, that we understood that he got a rare autograph from the guitar-tech! Very Happy

PostSubject: Re: I met Celtic Frost and messed up   I met Celtic Frost and messed up Icon_minitimeThu Jun 14, 2007 2:00 pm

My friend worked at the Trocadero Theatre and got me a backstage pass for Meshugga as a suprise. Now, I'm a drummer and look up to Tomas Haake. So I got the oppurtunity to stand less then 15 feet from the kit and watch him play, which was amazing. After the show my friend handed me a drumstick and a head to have him sign. I went outside where they were loading out and waited to get my chance to chat with him. I shook his hand told him I was a huge fan and really looked up to him. Asked him to autograph my items and when he noticed I didn't have an Evans drumhead or his VicFirth signature stick he was disgusted. He asked me if I really wanted him to sign brands that he doesn't even use and at that point I told him whatever. He did sign it while sighing and as he was signing some kid came out of left field claiming to have his signature stick like a twelve year old that knows the answer in science class. I was pushed to the side and they carried on a convo on how great his stick was. seriesiouly, what a let down.
Back to top Go down
spiritoradio
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
spiritoradio

Number of posts : 1510

PostSubject: Re: I met Celtic Frost and messed up   I met Celtic Frost and messed up Icon_minitimeThu Jun 14, 2007 3:44 pm

Booey, that sucks, what a toolbox.

I saw the Misfits at Warped Tour in 2000 and I didn't know that Jerry Only and the band signed autographs and took pics with people, I was upset because I totally could have snuck a camera in, but never the less I got an autograph, but I swore next time I would get my pic taken with him. 2003 the Misfits finally came back to Minneapolis, my girlfriend(wife now), her friend and I took the trip down from Duluth, to go to the concert. After the show they signed a bunch of stuff, Jerry Only, Dez Cadena(of Black Flag), and Marky Ramone. I was so excited to get my pic taken with Jerry, he grabbed me around the head, like in a headlock and my girlfriend snapped off the pic. First of all I was so excited to get MY pic taken that I didn't even ask my lady if she wanted a pic with Jerry, which she did, so I felt bad for that. Next day I got the pics developed I got to the one with me and Jerry and everything looked awesome until you saw his face...nothing but a blur just over his face. I still to this day don't understand what happened.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?ref=profile&id=507304580
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

PostSubject: Re: I met Celtic Frost and messed up   I met Celtic Frost and messed up Icon_minitimeThu Jun 14, 2007 8:37 pm

spiritoradio wrote:
Booey, that sucks, what a toolbox.

I saw the Misfits at Warped Tour in 2000 and I didn't know that Jerry Only and the band signed autographs and took pics with people, I was upset because I totally could have snuck a camera in, but never the less I got an autograph, but I swore next time I would get my pic taken with him. 2003 the Misfits finally came back to Minneapolis, my girlfriend(wife now), her friend and I took the trip down from Duluth, to go to the concert. After the show they signed a bunch of stuff, Jerry Only, Dez Cadena(of Black Flag), and Marky Ramone. I was so excited to get my pic taken with Jerry, he grabbed me around the head, like in a headlock and my girlfriend snapped off the pic. First of all I was so excited to get MY pic taken that I didn't even ask my lady if she wanted a pic with Jerry, which she did, so I felt bad for that. Next day I got the pics developed I got to the one with me and Jerry and everything looked awesome until you saw his face...nothing but a blur just over his face. I still to this day don't understand what happened.
you didn't see the misfits, you saw the band pretending to be the misfits Razz

spiritoradio
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
spiritoradio

Number of posts : 1510

PostSubject: Re: I met Celtic Frost and messed up   I met Celtic Frost and messed up Icon_minitimeThu Jun 14, 2007 8:42 pm

Yeah, but I enjoy the band pretending to be the Misfits though. Smile
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?ref=profile&id=507304580
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

PostSubject: Re: I met Celtic Frost and messed up   I met Celtic Frost and messed up Icon_minitimeThu Jun 14, 2007 9:14 pm

spiritoradio wrote:
Yeah, but I enjoy the band pretending to be the Misfits though. Smile
cool, that's all that matters in the end i guess. Wink

TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

Number of posts : 4429

PostSubject: Re: I met Celtic Frost and messed up   I met Celtic Frost and messed up Icon_minitimeFri Jun 15, 2007 3:22 am

SAXON1500 wrote:
Usually other people ask ME to have THIER pic taken with them. I think they just may be intreged with my basketball sized gouter, though.

whats a gouter?
Back to top Go down
Shiney
Scarred But Smarter
Scarred But Smarter
Shiney

Number of posts : 3487

PostSubject: Re: I met Celtic Frost and messed up   I met Celtic Frost and messed up Icon_minitimeSat Jun 16, 2007 7:46 am

A goiter is a growth...usually on a person's neck and usually the result of an overactive thyroid gland....

Saxon's is the envy of all the finest Goiter-ee's in the land...they built it an altar and everything....

PostSubject: Re: I met Celtic Frost and messed up   I met Celtic Frost and messed up Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I met Celtic Frost and messed up
Page 1 of 1