Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Helloween vs. Gamma Ray, which do you like best?

Go down 
+23
pricekillers001
DallasBlack
ThrashedOutCobra33
A Handful of Wayne
nevermore
caniplaywithmadness?
Mortuary
Smindas
7thSecond
scottmitchell74
Invader
ghost
krokus
EvyMetal
Olafsto
MoonChild
GrandNational
exact33
Stender
mc666
Tall Tyrion
Fat Freddy
Angelcake Adonisus Fox
27 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Which band is better?
Helloween
Helloween vs. Gamma Ray, which do you like best? Vote_lcap68%Helloween vs. Gamma Ray, which do you like best? Vote_rcap
 68% [ 32 ]
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Helloween vs. Gamma Ray, which do you like best? Vote_lcap13%Helloween vs. Gamma Ray, which do you like best? Vote_rcap
 13% [ 6 ]
Gamma Ray
Helloween vs. Gamma Ray, which do you like best? Vote_lcap19%Helloween vs. Gamma Ray, which do you like best? Vote_rcap
 19% [ 9 ]
Total Votes : 47

AuthorMessage
Angelcake Adonisus Fox
Metal student
Metal student
Angelcake Adonisus Fox

Number of posts : 162

Helloween vs. Gamma Ray, which do you like best? Empty
PostSubject: Helloween vs. Gamma Ray, which do you like best?   Helloween vs. Gamma Ray, which do you like best? Icon_minitimeSat Feb 23, 2008 9:36 pm

So you have these two bands.....both of them founded or co-founded by phenomenal German six-string meister Kai Hansen. Both of them are power bands, yet both of them became completely different beasts (though it took time and a few albums for that to happen).

So I'd like to ask, which do you yourselves prefer? Helloween is much more of a traditional power metal band filled with fantasy and social commentary, however Gamma Ray developed a heavier, faster sound with lots of science fiction and space themes.

I myself prefer Gamma Ray. Smile
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37625

PostSubject: Re: Helloween vs. Gamma Ray, which do you like best?   Helloween vs. Gamma Ray, which do you like best? Icon_minitimeSat Feb 23, 2008 9:37 pm

I like'em both but I had to vote for Helloween. Gamma Ray are great but are starting to get a little "samey" to me.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Tall Tyrion
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Tall Tyrion

Number of posts : 3367

PostSubject: Re: Helloween vs. Gamma Ray, which do you like best?   Helloween vs. Gamma Ray, which do you like best? Icon_minitimeSat Feb 23, 2008 9:41 pm

Both Excellent, but I'll give the nod to Helloween. Love both their classic era and the new stuff with Andi Deris. In fact, I'd say The Dark Ride was their best album ever.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Helloween vs. Gamma Ray, which do you like best?   Helloween vs. Gamma Ray, which do you like best? Icon_minitimeSat Feb 23, 2008 9:44 pm

i like both, but gave the nod to Gamma Ray, as there are a couple of embarassing Helloween albums.

Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

PostSubject: Re: Helloween vs. Gamma Ray, which do you like best?   Helloween vs. Gamma Ray, which do you like best? Icon_minitimeSat Feb 23, 2008 11:28 pm

I say Helloween, even though Gamma Ray's Power plant album is one of my all time fav's.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Helloween vs. Gamma Ray, which do you like best?   Helloween vs. Gamma Ray, which do you like best? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 24, 2008 12:06 am

Both are great, but Helloween blows Gamma Ray away.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

PostSubject: Re: Helloween vs. Gamma Ray, which do you like best?   Helloween vs. Gamma Ray, which do you like best? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 24, 2008 12:34 am

Helloween. While there are some less than great albums for Helloween when they are on its pure magic. I like gamma ray and they are also a must buy I still like helloween a little better..

Alex

GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Number of posts : 3830

PostSubject: Re: Helloween vs. Gamma Ray, which do you like best?   Helloween vs. Gamma Ray, which do you like best? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 24, 2008 1:35 am

I picked Helloween. Gambling with the Devil is great stuff. Gamma Ray has been a bit more consistent though.
Back to top Go down
MoonChild
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 15680

PostSubject: Re: Helloween vs. Gamma Ray, which do you like best?   Helloween vs. Gamma Ray, which do you like best? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 24, 2008 2:40 am

Helloween
Back to top Go down
Olafsto
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Olafsto

Number of posts : 2522

PostSubject: Re: Helloween vs. Gamma Ray, which do you like best?   Helloween vs. Gamma Ray, which do you like best? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 24, 2008 2:51 am

Helloween for me!
But of course my favourite Helloween albums are the st EP, and Walls of Jericho, so Kai Hansen wins either way Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/olafsto
EvyMetal
Baron Von 40oz.
EvyMetal

Number of posts : 4386

PostSubject: Re: Helloween vs. Gamma Ray, which do you like best?   Helloween vs. Gamma Ray, which do you like best? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 24, 2008 2:52 am

I say Helloween, partly due to Grosskopf's dominant bass lines. What can I say, I'm a bass fiend.
Back to top Go down
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

Number of posts : 4238

PostSubject: Re: Helloween vs. Gamma Ray, which do you like best?   Helloween vs. Gamma Ray, which do you like best? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 24, 2008 5:01 am

HELLOWEEN from 1984/1985 till 1991 and then from 1994 till today. They made a couple of bad albums but GAMMA RAY never but still i like HELLOWEEN more.
Back to top Go down
ghost
Metal master
Metal master
ghost

Number of posts : 814

PostSubject: Re: Helloween vs. Gamma Ray, which do you like best?   Helloween vs. Gamma Ray, which do you like best? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 24, 2008 5:08 am

I like both, but I always liked Helloween a bit more. Was a fan of Helloween since Wall of Jericho came out in the 80s. I saw them live on the Keepers Tour then with Kiske. I haven't senn Gammy Ray until now, hmm I think that has to be changed... Laughing
Back to top Go down
Invader
Metal master
Metal master
Invader

Number of posts : 590

PostSubject: Re: Helloween vs. Gamma Ray, which do you like best?   Helloween vs. Gamma Ray, which do you like best? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 24, 2008 5:44 am

Helloween has few albums that are better than any Gamma Ray album, but Helloween has couple bad albums and Gamma Ray has none. So I say tie.
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9047

PostSubject: Re: Helloween vs. Gamma Ray, which do you like best?   Helloween vs. Gamma Ray, which do you like best? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 24, 2008 9:11 am

Quote :
for Helloween when they are on its pure magic.

agreed
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Helloween vs. Gamma Ray, which do you like best?   Helloween vs. Gamma Ray, which do you like best? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 24, 2008 10:01 am

Gamma Ray for me. Land of the Free is *thee* perfect power metal album!
Back to top Go down
7thSecond
Metal master
Metal master
7thSecond

Number of posts : 665

PostSubject: Re: Helloween vs. Gamma Ray, which do you like best?   Helloween vs. Gamma Ray, which do you like best? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 24, 2008 10:16 am

Helloween.
Back to top Go down
Smindas
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

Number of posts : 2546

PostSubject: Re: Helloween vs. Gamma Ray, which do you like best?   Helloween vs. Gamma Ray, which do you like best? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 24, 2008 1:11 pm

Helloween. I love Gamma Ray, but Helloween have always been more enjoyable for some reason I'm not entirely sure of.

Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Mortuary

Number of posts : 498

PostSubject: Re: Helloween vs. Gamma Ray, which do you like best?   Helloween vs. Gamma Ray, which do you like best? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 24, 2008 1:54 pm

Helloween. Smile
Back to top Go down
caniplaywithmadness?
Metal master
Metal master
caniplaywithmadness?

Number of posts : 515

PostSubject: Re: Helloween vs. Gamma Ray, which do you like best?   Helloween vs. Gamma Ray, which do you like best? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 24, 2008 3:36 pm

helloween probably
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25801

PostSubject: Re: Helloween vs. Gamma Ray, which do you like best?   Helloween vs. Gamma Ray, which do you like best? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 24, 2008 8:19 pm

Helloween
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: Helloween vs. Gamma Ray, which do you like best?   Helloween vs. Gamma Ray, which do you like best? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 24, 2008 10:19 pm

Definetly Helloween. They change just a little with each album. Gamma Ray is good as well but some times the science fiction stuff gets to be a little too much though.
Back to top Go down
ThrashedOutCobra33
Metal master
Metal master
ThrashedOutCobra33

Number of posts : 586

PostSubject: Re: Helloween vs. Gamma Ray, which do you like best?   Helloween vs. Gamma Ray, which do you like best? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 24, 2008 10:30 pm

Helloween is one of the koolest bands ive ever heard
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Helloween vs. Gamma Ray, which do you like best?   Helloween vs. Gamma Ray, which do you like best? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 25, 2008 12:22 am

I have heard enough Gamma Ray material to call myself a casual fan of their music but the music takes a little more effort to get into than Helloween IMO. Helloween is one of those bands that I just can't get enough of (keep in mind I've steered away from the "dark days" [between Kai leaving and Deris joining up] til now, though I might pick them up if I could get them real cheap). Gamma Ray is good enough to hold my attention but I just haven't felt extremely compelled to get more-the new one is a start. Lyrical content doesn't mean much to me (though I don't like the lyrics to The Real World) it is more in the sing-a-long melodies of Helloween, and I like the vocals of Deris quite a bit more than Kai (I know, BLASPHEMY!!!), come to think of it, after all this time, even more than Kiske (DOUBLE BLASPHEMY!!!). I just thing Deris has the perfect blend of both: not as rough as Kai and not as clean as Kiske but somewhere in the middle.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
pricekillers001
Metal novice
Metal novice
pricekillers001

Number of posts : 46

PostSubject: ...........   Helloween vs. Gamma Ray, which do you like best? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 25, 2008 3:54 am

Kai Hasen
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Helloween vs. Gamma Ray, which do you like best?   Helloween vs. Gamma Ray, which do you like best? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Helloween vs. Gamma Ray, which do you like best?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next