Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Gamma Ray gets a new singer!

Go down 
+4
Fat Freddy
Boris2008
Lari
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6328

Gamma Ray gets a new singer! Empty
PostSubject: Gamma Ray gets a new singer!   Gamma Ray gets a new singer! Icon_minitimeWed Nov 04, 2015 11:12 am

surprised

https://www.teamrock.com/news/2015-11-01/gamma-ray-add-vocalist-frank-beck

Gamma Ray have announced the addition of Frank Beck as lead vocalist for the group.

I guess Kai's voice is not holding up. Frank Beck has already been a touring member and the two share lead vocal duties. But now Beck is an official member.

I don't know about this. I know there are better singers out there. But when it comes to Gamma Ray, I only want to hear Hansen.
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: Gamma Ray gets a new singer!   Gamma Ray gets a new singer! Icon_minitimeWed Nov 04, 2015 11:37 am

It was a bad move when Helloween replaced him as singer. I'm not sure that I care enough now though.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37625

PostSubject: Re: Gamma Ray gets a new singer!   Gamma Ray gets a new singer! Icon_minitimeWed Nov 04, 2015 11:56 am

In other words, Kai Hansen's voice no-can-do anymore. Same reason he stopped singing in Helloween.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39472

PostSubject: Re: Gamma Ray gets a new singer!   Gamma Ray gets a new singer! Icon_minitimeWed Nov 04, 2015 12:56 pm

I'm listening to a video on youtube of him singing Helloween's How Many Tears. He doesn't sound too bad.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: Gamma Ray gets a new singer!   Gamma Ray gets a new singer! Icon_minitimeWed Nov 04, 2015 1:22 pm

007 wrote:
I'm listening to a video on youtube of him singing Helloween's How Many Tears. He doesn't sound too bad.

Could be dropped down a key or two.

I thought his voice sounded fine on the last Gamma album but everyone insists that he was cracking and straining all over the place. Sure the pitch is lower, but he's still got aggression and clarity. But who knows what kind of studio trickery went into that.

Perhaps he could go an extra mile or two, but he could be just plain sore and tired at this point.
Back to top Go down
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS

Number of posts : 2998

PostSubject: Re: Gamma Ray gets a new singer!   Gamma Ray gets a new singer! Icon_minitimeWed Nov 04, 2015 3:57 pm

I would dig seeing Henry Rollins sing for Helloween. Might erase the last 30 years of Helloween-suckiness.
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Gamma Ray gets a new singer!   Gamma Ray gets a new singer! Icon_minitimeWed Nov 04, 2015 8:24 pm

I am surprised by this as the last few albums have sounded fine (to my ears anyway) in the vox dept. but maybe, as Corphicks said, there has been some or a lot of studio trickery to pull this off?

Uncle, Helloween has not sucked for the last 30 years. It was only for 1 year and it was the year "Chameleon" came out. Smile
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Gamma Ray gets a new singer!   Gamma Ray gets a new singer! Icon_minitimeThu Nov 12, 2015 9:40 pm

the sentinel wrote:
I am surprised by this as the last few albums have sounded fine (to my ears anyway) in the vox dept. but maybe, as Corphicks said, there has been some or a lot of studio trickery to pull this off?

Uncle, Helloween has not sucked for the last 30 years. It was only for 1 year and it was the year "Chameleon" came out. Smile

Barking up the wrong tree thre. Uncle Sax has a deep hatred for anything Euro-power metal.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Gamma Ray gets a new singer!   Gamma Ray gets a new singer! Icon_minitimeThu Nov 12, 2015 11:15 pm

I know, Mike, I shouldn't poke the bear.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Gamma Ray gets a new singer!   Gamma Ray gets a new singer! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Gamma Ray gets a new singer!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: