Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Was Gamma Ray better with Scheepers?

Go down 
+16
7thSaviour
metalhead777
kmorg
Olafsto
Dave the Boss
Fat Freddy
BearOnUnicycle
Infinite
DallasBlack
powermacho
stormspell
mc666
Spiner202
Wargod
Dark Horseman
20 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

Was Gamma Ray better with Scheepers? Empty
PostSubject: Was Gamma Ray better with Scheepers?   Was Gamma Ray better with Scheepers? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2012 9:10 pm

Dug out Insanity and Genius and got me to thinking. They had less of a Helloween sound with him. I'm not sure if I do like it better but it's great stuff.
Back to top Go down
Wargod
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

PostSubject: Re: Was Gamma Ray better with Scheepers?   Was Gamma Ray better with Scheepers? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2012 9:16 pm

Hmmm good question, definitely a different vocal style. But having heard more Gamma without Ralf I'd go with current.

Wargod
Back to top Go down
Spiner202
Metal graduate
Metal graduate

Number of posts : 283

PostSubject: Re: Was Gamma Ray better with Scheepers?   Was Gamma Ray better with Scheepers? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2012 10:13 pm

I don't have every album with each (2 with Ralf and 4 with Kai) but I don't think there's much of a comparison. I do like the debut, but it's a bit unfocused at times. I wasn't too fond of the second album. By contrast, Kai fronting the band led to their masterpiece: Land of the Free. The other three albums I have of theirs are awesome too and I know a lot of the songs from the Kai-era albums that I don't have.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Was Gamma Ray better with Scheepers?   Was Gamma Ray better with Scheepers? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2012 10:15 pm

i like the albums with Ralf a lot more. but most of the ones without him are ok too.

stormspell
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stormspell

Number of posts : 1593

PostSubject: Re: Was Gamma Ray better with Scheepers?   Was Gamma Ray better with Scheepers? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2012 10:57 pm

Absolutely not. I like the debut album with the Scheep, but Land of the Free / Somewhere Out in Space are in a league of their own, untouchable.
Back to top Go down
http://www.cdbaby.com/all/stormspell
powermacho
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
powermacho

Number of posts : 1773

PostSubject: Re: Was Gamma Ray better with Scheepers?   Was Gamma Ray better with Scheepers? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2012 11:34 pm

i like almost all of gamma ray albums. ralf's albums had some weak songs too." land of the free" is my fave album from the band
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Was Gamma Ray better with Scheepers?   Was Gamma Ray better with Scheepers? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 13, 2012 12:21 am

I'm mostly familiar with the Kai mateial (only heard 1 or 2 songs with Scheepers) and I think he's never sounded better (miles ahead of his work on 'Walls Of Jericho'). I really like Scheepers work with Primal Fear so I'm glad Kai replaced him giving us two great bands. As comparing their voices, I like both of them in different ways so I couldn't pick one over the other.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Infinite
Metal student
Metal student
Infinite

Number of posts : 169

PostSubject: Re: Was Gamma Ray better with Scheepers?   Was Gamma Ray better with Scheepers? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 13, 2012 12:24 am

I think Ralf had a better voice, but the Kai era has better songs.
Back to top Go down
BearOnUnicycle
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
BearOnUnicycle

Number of posts : 1064

PostSubject: Re: Was Gamma Ray better with Scheepers?   Was Gamma Ray better with Scheepers? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 13, 2012 8:02 am

Heading For Tomorrow is my favorite by them. Title track is insane. Haven't heard all albums with Kai (LotF, PP, NWO are the ones I have), but with him fronting Rays lost their uniqueness imo.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37644

PostSubject: Re: Was Gamma Ray better with Scheepers?   Was Gamma Ray better with Scheepers? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 13, 2012 8:51 am

I like both eras but tend to prefer the albums w/Kai on vox.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Dave the Boss
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Dave the Boss

Number of posts : 2690

PostSubject: Re: Was Gamma Ray better with Scheepers?   Was Gamma Ray better with Scheepers? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 13, 2012 9:05 am

Heading For Tomorrow is definitely my fave, so I'd say yes. Sigh No More is average, and Insanity and Genius has an odd mix of some of their best tracks and some of their absolute worst.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39570

PostSubject: Re: Was Gamma Ray better with Scheepers?   Was Gamma Ray better with Scheepers? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 13, 2012 9:15 am

I like all Gamma Ray. I never really gave it much thought but having to decide on it, I'd go with the Kai albums. Much stronger albums,overall (as already stated)>
Back to top Go down
Olafsto
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Olafsto

Number of posts : 2522

PostSubject: Re: Was Gamma Ray better with Scheepers?   Was Gamma Ray better with Scheepers? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 13, 2012 10:12 am

007 wrote:
I like all Gamma Ray. I never really gave it much thought but having to decide on it, I'd go with the Kai albums. Much stronger albums,overall (as already stated)>

This.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/olafsto
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Was Gamma Ray better with Scheepers?   Was Gamma Ray better with Scheepers? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 13, 2012 2:18 pm

I prefer the ones with Kai. And I prefer Scheepers in PF.

Metal master
Metal master
metalhead777

Number of posts : 842

PostSubject: Re: Was Gamma Ray better with Scheepers?   Was Gamma Ray better with Scheepers? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 13, 2012 9:06 pm

Cant stand the first vocalist. Kai fits the band perfectly in my opinion.
Oddly enough, I think Land of The Free is such a dull album, I can hardly listen all the way through.
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

PostSubject: Re: Was Gamma Ray better with Scheepers?   Was Gamma Ray better with Scheepers? Icon_minitimeWed Mar 14, 2012 11:31 am

I like both but with Kai it became another Helloween. Don't know if I could pick. And I love PF so it's all good.
Back to top Go down
7thSaviour
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
7thSaviour

Number of posts : 2206

PostSubject: Re: Was Gamma Ray better with Scheepers?   Was Gamma Ray better with Scheepers? Icon_minitimeWed Mar 14, 2012 12:35 pm

Dark Horseman wrote:
Dug out Insanity and Genius and got me to thinking. They had less of a Helloween sound with him. I'm not sure if I do like it better but it's great stuff.
I think Gamma Ray was indeed better with Ralf on vocals, but I still like them today with Kai on the mic!\m/
Back to top Go down
truerock
Metal novice
Metal novice
truerock

Number of posts : 7

PostSubject: Re: Was Gamma Ray better with Scheepers?   Was Gamma Ray better with Scheepers? Icon_minitimeWed Mar 14, 2012 2:23 pm

Yes, for me the were better with Scheepers !
Back to top Go down
http://truerock3.caster.fm/
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

PostSubject: Re: Was Gamma Ray better with Scheepers?   Was Gamma Ray better with Scheepers? Icon_minitimeWed Mar 14, 2012 3:25 pm

Welcome truerock. So troo it's still true.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9883

PostSubject: Re: Was Gamma Ray better with Scheepers?   Was Gamma Ray better with Scheepers? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 15, 2012 2:43 am

I love scheepers. He's one of my favourite singers, and i enjoy all his works.
Back to top Go down
7thSaviour
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
7thSaviour

PostSubject: Re: Was Gamma Ray better with Scheepers?   Was Gamma Ray better with Scheepers? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 15, 2012 11:18 am

Wargod wrote:
Hmmm good question, definitely a different vocal style. But having heard more Gamma without Ralf I'd go with current.

Wargod
With all due respect to Kai Hansen's vocal abilities, IMO Ralf is in the Top 10 of clean-style metal vocals. There simply is no comparison between the 2 vocally speaking. I have seen both and heard both guys perform live in person, and of these 2, Ralf clearly has the better voice for Judas Priest/Queensryche-inspired power metal.
Back to top Go down
7thSaviour
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
7thSaviour

PostSubject: Re: Was Gamma Ray better with Scheepers?   Was Gamma Ray better with Scheepers? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 15, 2012 11:18 am

Gilbert wrote:
I love scheepers. He's one of my favourite singers, and i enjoy all his works.
Amen! BTW, I love your avatar!
Back to top Go down
7thSaviour
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
7thSaviour

PostSubject: Re: Was Gamma Ray better with Scheepers?   Was Gamma Ray better with Scheepers? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 15, 2012 11:20 am

truerock wrote:
Yes, for me the were better with Scheepers !
Agreed! Heading For Tomorrow is a brilliant album!
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39570

PostSubject: Re: Was Gamma Ray better with Scheepers?   Was Gamma Ray better with Scheepers? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 15, 2012 11:39 am

Sure, Scheepers is the better vocalist. But Gamma Ray's material is much more solid after he left and that's really not because of him,just that the writing improved,I think.
Back to top Go down
stpatrik
Metal student
Metal student
stpatrik

Number of posts : 145

PostSubject: Re: Was Gamma Ray better with Scheepers?   Was Gamma Ray better with Scheepers? Icon_minitimeSun Mar 18, 2012 7:29 am

I think they were definately more musically interesting with Scheepers. with some stuff thrown in that was a bit off the wall. Interesting how the break-up led to two comparably speaking somewhat generic Metal bands such as Primal Fear and what Gamma Ray is today.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Was Gamma Ray better with Scheepers?   Was Gamma Ray better with Scheepers? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Was Gamma Ray better with Scheepers?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next