Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Saw Gamma Ray/Helloween last night Hellish Rock tour!

Go down 
+3
Tall Tyrion
A Handful of Wayne
Wargod
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Wargod
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

Saw Gamma Ray/Helloween last night Hellish Rock tour! Empty
PostSubject: Saw Gamma Ray/Helloween last night Hellish Rock tour!   Saw Gamma Ray/Helloween last night Hellish Rock tour! Icon_minitimeMon Sep 29, 2008 8:25 pm

While Atlanta had Prog Power this past weekend St. Paul had Hellish Rock Tour with Gamma Ray/Helloween!

Well myself and a friend drove down to St. Paul to see Gamma Ray/Helloween sunday night! We left kinda late and when we were close Scott the driver missed our exit and he got pissed because they started at 6 pm.
Told him don't panic found the next exit and got there with 3 mins to spare ha ha!

Got there just in time to see the mighty Gamma Ray go on and wwo they kicked azz, this was the 2nd in 2 years I saw them so I'm fortunate enough to see them twice in the states.

And they did not disappoint at all they played about 70 mins. And I thought they were better this time around although the place they played is a dump but sound wise great.

15 mins later Helloween took the stage with Andy Deri's and the Hello maniacs. They played 2 from the new cd brilliantly, a couple from The Dark Ride, actually a few from each a cd.
They had 2 encores and end the 2nd encore with "I Want Out" & Future world" with Kia Hansen joining them.

Helloween was awesome was so glad I got the chance to see a legendary metal band as them. Great crowd tourned out for this maybe 500 or so for Station 4.

Found out as well Iced Earth is coming Nov. 13 I will be there!

I have some pics to post but will later have to resize them.

If you ever get a chance to see either bands do so they slay!

Wargod49
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: Saw Gamma Ray/Helloween last night Hellish Rock tour!   Saw Gamma Ray/Helloween last night Hellish Rock tour! Icon_minitimeTue Sep 30, 2008 2:25 pm

I saw them as well last week. They were awesome probably the best they were out of the 3 times I have seen them. I just wish I couldve been up front though. I got to meet the drummer from Helloween while I was walking around in the city. Theres some pictures below and also Heres the set list if you want.

Gamma Ray-
Into The Storm
Heaven Can Wait
New World Order
Fight
Empress
Valley Of The Kings
Rebellion In Dreamland
Heavy Metal Universe
Ride The Sky/Somewhere Out In Space
-encore-
Send Me A Sign

Helloween-
Gambling with the Devil Intro
Halloween
Sole Survivor
March Of Time
As Long As I Fall
A Tale That Wasnt Right
Mr. Torture
Eagly Fly Free
If I Could Fly
Paint A New World
Dr. Stein
-medley-
Perfect Gentleman Intro/I Can/Where The Rain Grows/Perfect Gentleman/Power/Keeper Of The Seven Keys
-encore w/ Kai-
Future World
I Want Out

Saw Gamma Ray/Helloween last night Hellish Rock tour! IMG_0840

Saw Gamma Ray/Helloween last night Hellish Rock tour! IMG_0909

Saw Gamma Ray/Helloween last night Hellish Rock tour! IMG_0967

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Tall Tyrion

Number of posts : 3367

PostSubject: Re: Saw Gamma Ray/Helloween last night Hellish Rock tour!   Saw Gamma Ray/Helloween last night Hellish Rock tour! Icon_minitimeTue Sep 30, 2008 2:53 pm

I might be heading up to Santa Fe to see this show. We'll see.
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

PostSubject: Re: Saw Gamma Ray/Helloween last night Hellish Rock tour!   Saw Gamma Ray/Helloween last night Hellish Rock tour! Icon_minitimeTue Sep 30, 2008 3:03 pm

Theres no we'll see just go! You know you want to!

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Tall Tyrion

PostSubject: Re: Saw Gamma Ray/Helloween last night Hellish Rock tour!   Saw Gamma Ray/Helloween last night Hellish Rock tour! Icon_minitimeTue Sep 30, 2008 3:45 pm

Want to and can afford to are two different things, though. It's a seven hour trip for me. lol!
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Saw Gamma Ray/Helloween last night Hellish Rock tour!   Saw Gamma Ray/Helloween last night Hellish Rock tour! Icon_minitimeTue Sep 30, 2008 4:56 pm

Lucky bastard, I would love to see those two together. Separate is the best I can hope for however.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Wargod
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

PostSubject: Re: Saw Gamma Ray/Helloween last night Hellish Rock tour!   Saw Gamma Ray/Helloween last night Hellish Rock tour! Icon_minitimeTue Sep 30, 2008 8:05 pm

Hey Pheonix that is the exact same setlist for both when I saw them Sun. Awesome show. Saw the Rays twice now.

Wargod48
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

PostSubject: Re: Saw Gamma Ray/Helloween last night Hellish Rock tour!   Saw Gamma Ray/Helloween last night Hellish Rock tour! Icon_minitimeTue Sep 30, 2008 8:54 pm

Tall Tyrion wrote:
Want to and can afford to are two different things, though. It's a seven hour trip for me. lol!

Oh well you didnt say it was a 7 hour drive lol. I wouldnt make that trip. Sometimes just an hour is too much for me. haha

Wargod48 wrote:
Hey Pheonix that is the exact same setlist for both when I saw them Sun. Awesome show. Saw the Rays twice now.

Wargod48

Yea. It was a good show. I didnt expect to hear March of Time probably my favorite Helloween song. I found online a download of one of the first Hellish Rock Tour shows and I want to see if its the same set list all I have to do is find where I put it now haha. I dont think it was though cause I dont remember them doing that medley thing.

I saw Gamma Ray twice too. I wasnt too crazy about them the first time because they played mostly the same stuff they did on Skeletons in the closet live cd. This time they threw in a couple new songs which was good.

Did you pick up any shirts? I got one for gamma ray and Helloween. cant go wrong for $25 each =o)

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25871

PostSubject: Re: Saw Gamma Ray/Helloween last night Hellish Rock tour!   Saw Gamma Ray/Helloween last night Hellish Rock tour! Icon_minitimeWed Oct 01, 2008 2:48 pm

I would love to see Helloween.
Back to top Go down
Tall Tyrion
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Tall Tyrion

PostSubject: Re: Saw Gamma Ray/Helloween last night Hellish Rock tour!   Saw Gamma Ray/Helloween last night Hellish Rock tour! Icon_minitimeWed Oct 01, 2008 3:34 pm

Phoenix Reign Drummer wrote:
Tall Tyrion wrote:
Want to and can
afford to are two different things, though. It's a seven hour trip for
me. lol!

Oh well you didnt say it was a 7 hour drive lol. I wouldnt make that trip. Sometimes just an hour is too much for me. haha

I wish I could travel just an hour to see a show. Almost anything is at least three hours for me.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Saw Gamma Ray/Helloween last night Hellish Rock tour!   Saw Gamma Ray/Helloween last night Hellish Rock tour! Icon_minitimeWed Oct 01, 2008 3:38 pm

Tall Tyrion wrote:

I wish I could travel just an hour to see a show. Almost anything is at least three hours for me.

Such is the bane of a 40 year old man who lives in his parents' basement.
Back to top Go down
Tall Tyrion
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Tall Tyrion

PostSubject: Re: Saw Gamma Ray/Helloween last night Hellish Rock tour!   Saw Gamma Ray/Helloween last night Hellish Rock tour! Icon_minitimeWed Oct 01, 2008 3:53 pm

spectrefate wrote:
Such is the bane of a 40 year old man who lives in his parents' basement.

You haven't complained yet. What a Face
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Saw Gamma Ray/Helloween last night Hellish Rock tour!   Saw Gamma Ray/Helloween last night Hellish Rock tour! Icon_minitimeWed Oct 01, 2008 3:53 pm

I'm 33. Smile
Back to top Go down
Tall Tyrion
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Tall Tyrion

PostSubject: Re: Saw Gamma Ray/Helloween last night Hellish Rock tour!   Saw Gamma Ray/Helloween last night Hellish Rock tour! Icon_minitimeWed Oct 01, 2008 3:54 pm

Once you hit 40, you accept it. It's just how it is. Smile
Back to top Go down
Wargod
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

PostSubject: Re: Saw Gamma Ray/Helloween last night Hellish Rock tour!   Saw Gamma Ray/Helloween last night Hellish Rock tour! Icon_minitimeWed Oct 01, 2008 8:05 pm

Yeah picked up Gambling With The Devil t-shirt already had a Gamma Ray t.

Wargod48
Back to top Go down
powermacho
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
powermacho

Number of posts : 1773

PostSubject: Re: Saw Gamma Ray/Helloween last night Hellish Rock tour!   Saw Gamma Ray/Helloween last night Hellish Rock tour! Icon_minitimeWed Oct 01, 2008 11:33 pm

Phoenix Reign Drummer wrote:
I saw them as well last week. They were awesome probably the best they were out of the 3 times I have seen them. I just wish I couldve been up front though. I got to meet the drummer from Helloween while I was walking around in the city. Theres some pictures below and also Heres the set list if you want.

Gamma Ray-
Into The Storm
Heaven Can Wait
New World Order
Fight
Empress
Valley Of The Kings
Rebellion In Dreamland
Heavy Metal Universe
Ride The Sky/Somewhere Out In Space
-encore-
Send Me A Sign

Helloween-
Gambling with the Devil Intro
Halloween
Sole Survivor
March Of Time
As Long As I Fall
A Tale That Wasnt Right
Mr. Torture
Eagly Fly Free
If I Could Fly
Paint A New World
Dr. Stein
-medley-
Perfect Gentleman Intro/I Can/Where The Rain Grows/Perfect Gentleman/Power/Keeper Of The Seven Keys
-encore w/ Kai-
Future World
I Want Out

Saw Gamma Ray/Helloween last night Hellish Rock tour! IMG_0840

Saw Gamma Ray/Helloween last night Hellish Rock tour! IMG_0909

Saw Gamma Ray/Helloween last night Hellish Rock tour! IMG_0967
I could have been there, but I couldn't because of my Job . My friend went to that place, and said it was a great show, and brought a t-shirt from GAMMA RAY which looks very similar than a t-shirt from last Maiden tour on NY.
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

PostSubject: Re: Saw Gamma Ray/Helloween last night Hellish Rock tour!   Saw Gamma Ray/Helloween last night Hellish Rock tour! Icon_minitimeThu Oct 02, 2008 1:37 pm

Yea I was going to get that same shirt it looked liked the statue of liberty one maiden had when the play MSG. I liked the land of the free II shirt more though so I got that and Gambling with the devil. You missed a good show. I wouldve quit my job lol

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
powermacho

PostSubject: Re: Saw Gamma Ray/Helloween last night Hellish Rock tour!   Saw Gamma Ray/Helloween last night Hellish Rock tour! Icon_minitimeFri Oct 03, 2008 12:07 am

I did quit a Job just to see SCORPIONS because they didn't led me get out earlier at least, but I wont do it again.Gamma Ray have to come back, they are not so Old, so "no worry, be happy" just kidding
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

PostSubject: Re: Saw Gamma Ray/Helloween last night Hellish Rock tour!   Saw Gamma Ray/Helloween last night Hellish Rock tour! Icon_minitimeFri Oct 03, 2008 7:08 am

Haha quit a job to see Scorpions? You must not have cared about that job that much.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
powermacho

PostSubject: Re: Saw Gamma Ray/Helloween last night Hellish Rock tour!   Saw Gamma Ray/Helloween last night Hellish Rock tour! Icon_minitimeFri Oct 03, 2008 11:13 pm

I was getting pay less than $5 an hour. So I was lucky enough to get a better job, days before the Scorpions Show. But It was when I didn't had any responsibility, so I could not work if I wanted to. I miss those days lol!
Back to top Go down
EvyMetal
Baron Von 40oz.
EvyMetal

Number of posts : 4386

PostSubject: Re: Saw Gamma Ray/Helloween last night Hellish Rock tour!   Saw Gamma Ray/Helloween last night Hellish Rock tour! Icon_minitimeTue Oct 07, 2008 3:35 pm

DAMMIT! I SHOULDA GONE!
Back to top Go down
Tall Tyrion
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Tall Tyrion

PostSubject: Re: Saw Gamma Ray/Helloween last night Hellish Rock tour!   Saw Gamma Ray/Helloween last night Hellish Rock tour! Icon_minitimeTue Oct 07, 2008 5:08 pm

We had our dates mixed up. Phil had said it was going to be on the
19th, which is a Sunday night, but it's tomorrow night. No way either
of us could get free on a Wednesday to go up to Santa Fe. Sad
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Saw Gamma Ray/Helloween last night Hellish Rock tour!   Saw Gamma Ray/Helloween last night Hellish Rock tour! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Saw Gamma Ray/Helloween last night Hellish Rock tour!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: