Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

In Flames

Go down 
+17
Stender
outofstep
UltraMagnus007
Muloc7253
nevermore
ghost
EvyMetal
DallasBlack
Fat Freddy
stars destroy
SideShowDisaSter
Wargod
sovdat
kmorg
Thrasher73
Lurideath
mc666
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
UltraMagnus007
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
UltraMagnus007

Number of posts : 282

In Flames - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: In Flames   In Flames - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 03, 2008 10:41 am

spectrefate wrote:
The only album of theirs I ever liked was Whoreacle. But then I always thought it was an At The Gates ripoff. Smile

Almost eveything metal that came out of Sweden in the 1990's was a rip off of At The Gates. At least In Flames forged ahead found their own identity with Colony and since then the At Gates Comparisons kind of faded.
Back to top Go down
7thSecond
Metal master
Metal master
7thSecond

Number of posts : 665

In Flames - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: In Flames   In Flames - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 03, 2008 5:22 pm

I had never even heard this band until I bought A Sense of Purpose the other day. I really like this album though. If the older stuff is even better then it must be really good.
Back to top Go down

In Flames - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: In Flames   In Flames - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 03, 2008 8:18 pm

7thSecond wrote:
I had never even heard this band until I bought A Sense of Purpose the other day. I really like this album though. If the older stuff is even better then it must be really good.
Better or worse, who can say? They're different bands now, even though they're related. I personally find the first two to be boring and typical—for the time—melodeath. Whoracle is where the A Sense of Purpose In Flames first began to grow. People will disagree, but they're simply being stubborn. It's there, plain as day.

Either way, if you like A Sense of Purpose, you should dig Come Clarity, Soundtrack To Your Escape and Reroute To Remain. They're all pretty much the same style, though for some reason people like to say Soundtrack To Your Escape is nu-metal. Probably because of this video:

Either way, pretty much the same exact style. Clayman and Colony are both great albums, too. Colony is more like Whoracle, and my favorite, whereas Clayman is like one step away from their newest sound, but still sounds like melodeath.

And you'll probably never read this, since you don't post much. Laughing very hard
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

In Flames - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: In Flames   In Flames - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

In Flames
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3