Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

In Flames...WHY!?

Go down 
+11
kmorg
Ben Grimm
mc666
exact33
Lurideath
Shawn Of Fire
Mglaffas81
rawr!
The_Jayroh
GrandNational
metalhead777
15 posters
AuthorMessage
metalhead777
Metal master
Metal master
metalhead777

Number of posts : 842

In Flames...WHY!? Empty
PostSubject: In Flames...WHY!?   In Flames...WHY!? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 28, 2011 12:39 am

WHY! Why cant they just go back to the good old Melo-death days instead of this metalcore crap? From everything I'v heard from the new album its just a more mainstream version of the crap the'v been shoveling for the past decade.

It almost makes me happy that At The Gates broke up,I would hate to see what they could have turned into if at the gates has turned out like this.
Back to top Go down
GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Number of posts : 3830

In Flames...WHY!? Empty
PostSubject: Re: In Flames...WHY!?   In Flames...WHY!? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 28, 2011 2:14 am

Why ask why? Try Bud Dry.
Back to top Go down

In Flames...WHY!? Empty
PostSubject: Re: In Flames...WHY!?   In Flames...WHY!? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 28, 2011 2:32 am

GrandNational wrote:
Why ask why? Try Bud Dry.

now that's a blast from failed marketing past!
Back to top Go down
The_Jayroh
Metal master
Metal master
The_Jayroh

Number of posts : 823

In Flames...WHY!? Empty
PostSubject: Re: In Flames...WHY!?   In Flames...WHY!? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 28, 2011 2:48 am

I kind of gave up on In Flames a while back, although I do enjoy their older material more than the newer. I don't think it's the style I don't like. It's just the songwriting that is seriously suffering.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1009170115&sk=info
rawr!
Metal graduate
Metal graduate

Number of posts : 372

In Flames...WHY!? Empty
PostSubject: Re: In Flames...WHY!?   In Flames...WHY!? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 28, 2011 5:50 am

dont forget soilwork... sick
Back to top Go down
Mglaffas81
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Mglaffas81

Number of posts : 2255

In Flames...WHY!? Empty
PostSubject: Re: In Flames...WHY!?   In Flames...WHY!? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 28, 2011 7:22 am

The_Jayroh wrote:
I kind of gave up on In Flames a while back, although I do enjoy their older material more than the newer. I don't think it's the style I don't like. It's just the songwriting that is seriously suffering.

Agree about the songwriting - but the style ain't really my thing either. In Flames were really good MUSICALLY on the first 4 albums, then it started getting boring. I never liked the vocals, Ander Friden really gets on my nerves.

Last edited by Mglaffas81 on Tue Jun 28, 2011 7:40 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

In Flames...WHY!? Empty
PostSubject: Re: In Flames...WHY!?   In Flames...WHY!? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 28, 2011 7:30 am

Post Clayman, In Flames ceases to matter to me...

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3892

In Flames...WHY!? Empty
PostSubject: Re: In Flames...WHY!?   In Flames...WHY!? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 28, 2011 12:23 pm

I stopped caring after I heard Whoracle. I knew it was down hill from that album and to me it was.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

In Flames...WHY!? Empty
PostSubject: Re: In Flames...WHY!?   In Flames...WHY!? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 28, 2011 12:37 pm

Reroute to Remain was when i hopped off the bandwagon...

mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

In Flames...WHY!? Empty
PostSubject: Re: In Flames...WHY!?   In Flames...WHY!? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 28, 2011 1:25 pm

The Jester Race was top notch. steady decline after that.

Ben Grimm
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Ben Grimm

Number of posts : 450

In Flames...WHY!? Empty
PostSubject: Re: In Flames...WHY!?   In Flames...WHY!? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 28, 2011 3:26 pm

I like the newer stuff, but I did not discover them until Come Clarity. In the back catalog anything before Colony I can't get into.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/inedibleben
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

In Flames...WHY!? Empty
PostSubject: Re: In Flames...WHY!?   In Flames...WHY!? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 28, 2011 3:33 pm

I've liked everything up 'til the new one. They are not exactly metalcore nowadays though....

Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

In Flames...WHY!? Empty
PostSubject: Re: In Flames...WHY!?   In Flames...WHY!? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 28, 2011 4:52 pm

Went to a few cd stores this weekend. I saw this new album and the new Queensryche for the first time I past both of them up.

Metal master
Metal master
The_Jayroh

Number of posts : 823

In Flames...WHY!? Empty
PostSubject: Re: In Flames...WHY!?   In Flames...WHY!? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 28, 2011 5:31 pm

Ben Grimm wrote:
I like the newer stuff, but I did not discover them until Come Clarity. In the back catalog anything before Colony I can't get into.

Same here! I actually liked some songs off Come Clarity, but it was like when I heard Metallica's Black Album before the rest of their catalog. The older stuff just sounded so much better to me that I stopped paying as much attention to the newer stuff. Clayman is the drop off point to me, and even at that I still don't listen to In Flames very much. I actually bought A Sense of Purpose when it was new, and have since sold it back. There was one good song, Alias, and the rest just didn't do anything for me.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1009170115&sk=info
SideShowDisaSter
Roo Jockey
SideShowDisaSter

Number of posts : 4601

In Flames...WHY!? Empty
PostSubject: Re: In Flames...WHY!?   In Flames...WHY!? Icon_minitimeWed Jun 29, 2011 6:26 am

mc666 wrote:
The Jester Race was top notch. steady decline after that.

QFT

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

In Flames...WHY!? Empty
PostSubject: Re: In Flames...WHY!?   In Flames...WHY!? Icon_minitimeWed Jun 29, 2011 8:51 pm

metalhead777 wrote:
WHY! Why cant they just go back to the good old Melo-death days instead of this metalcore crap? From everything I'v heard from the new album its just a more mainstream version of the crap the'v been shoveling for the past decade.

It almost makes me happy that At The Gates broke up,I would hate to see what they could have turned into if at the gates has turned out like this.
They have been playing this style of music now for longer than they did the previous, more melodeath style. So the question shouldn't be Why can't In Flames go back to that style, but Why can't people stop whining and listening to bands they no longer like!

Sorry. It had to be said. Haha.

I just don't get this kind of reaction fans have. In Flames has changed. Why can't so-called fans let it go?
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9878

In Flames...WHY!? Empty
PostSubject: Re: In Flames...WHY!?   In Flames...WHY!? Icon_minitimeThu Jun 30, 2011 12:57 am

The new material sucks.

Of course, when Metal Hammer claims it's going to be a super album, i already know it's a failure Smile
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

In Flames...WHY!? Empty
PostSubject: Re: In Flames...WHY!?   In Flames...WHY!? Icon_minitimeThu Jun 30, 2011 8:09 am

Gilbert wrote:
The new material sucks.

Of course, when Metal Hammer claims it's going to be a super album, i already know it's a failure Smile

lol!

Sponsored content

In Flames...WHY!? Empty
PostSubject: Re: In Flames...WHY!?   In Flames...WHY!? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

In Flames...WHY!?
Page 1 of 1