Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

In Flames

Go down 
+17
Stender
outofstep
UltraMagnus007
Muloc7253
nevermore
ghost
EvyMetal
DallasBlack
Fat Freddy
stars destroy
SideShowDisaSter
Wargod
sovdat
kmorg
Thrasher73
Lurideath
mc666
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25889

In Flames - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: In Flames   In Flames - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 16, 2008 3:07 pm

I lost interst in In Flames after Clayman. To me the newer albums lost some of the edge that they had on The Jester Race , Whoracle and Colony. Not that all of the newer material is crap because there are som strong songs on some of those records. But the songwriting has became somewhat watered down.
Back to top Go down
EvyMetal
Baron Von 40oz.
EvyMetal

Number of posts : 4386

In Flames - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: In Flames   In Flames - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 16, 2008 7:23 pm

looks like they're aiming towards Japan with that video. freaky stuff. Good song.
Back to top Go down
Muloc7253
Metal student
Metal student
Muloc7253

Number of posts : 246

In Flames - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: -   In Flames - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 16, 2008 7:33 pm

Reroute to Remain is probably the album as you want, seeing as that has the excellent aforementioned Trigger and other excellent songs (especially Metaphor). They've never really let me down in quality though, and if you like the Trigger EP you'll probably enjoy everything they've done.
Back to top Go down
UltraMagnus007
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
UltraMagnus007

Number of posts : 282

In Flames - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: In Flames   In Flames - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 17, 2008 6:08 pm

the first albums you must buy are reroute to remain, the album the trigger ep came from, clayman and colony. I personally think these are the finest albums this band has done although I am a fan and think all there stuff is great
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

In Flames - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: In Flames   In Flames - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 18, 2008 1:26 pm

Thanks, Eyesore. You know we love ya!!

Cool video, but mediocre tune. Sounds a little more "retro" though, but I've read that the new album is more "core" than the last 3.......

In Flames - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: In Flames   In Flames - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 18, 2008 2:47 pm

kmorg wrote:
Thanks, Eyesore. You know we love ya!!

Cool video, but mediocre tune. Sounds a little more "retro" though, but I've read that the new album is more "core" than the last 3.......
Core? That would be surprising. Unless metalcore is just the new slag-off genre. Over at metalreviews.com, not a single person is calling this song nu-metal now. Quite a step back from when the last album came out. And it's the same people talking about the album.

But metalcore? I'd bet that's not true, it's probably just like the last few albums and now that groove is being called metalcore instead of nu-metal. But who knows! I hope it's just a good album.
Back to top Go down
EvyMetal
Baron Von 40oz.
EvyMetal

In Flames - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: In Flames   In Flames - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 19, 2008 2:30 am

I don't think the new song sounds as "metalcore" as Come Clarity.
Back to top Go down

In Flames - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: In Flames   In Flames - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 19, 2008 3:48 am

EvyMetal wrote:
You thought that sounded metalcore? Where is the hardcore?
Back to top Go down
ghost
Metal master
Metal master
ghost

Number of posts : 814

In Flames - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: In Flames   In Flames - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 19, 2008 8:16 am

The Mirror's Truth can also be listened at their MySpace page:

http://www.myspace.com/inflames
Back to top Go down
outofstep
Metal novice
Metal novice
outofstep

Number of posts : 90

In Flames - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: In Flames   In Flames - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 19, 2008 11:53 am

Like many others, I too lost interest in them after clayman. I TRIED to like the newer stuff, but it just never grabbed me the way that colony, jester race, etc grabbed me. I actually like the older stuff (subterranean and lunar strain) almost as much as the "classic" in flames material (jester through clayman).
Back to top Go down
EvyMetal
Baron Von 40oz.
EvyMetal

In Flames - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: In Flames   In Flames - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 19, 2008 4:22 pm

Eyesore wrote:
EvyMetal wrote:

To compromise let's leave it at 'core. It might be hardcore or metalcore. I can't tell the difference.
Back to top Go down

In Flames - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: In Flames   In Flames - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 19, 2008 6:00 pm

EvyMetal wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
EvyMetal wrote:
To compromise let's leave it at 'core. It might be hardcore or metalcore. I can't tell the difference.
But you can't have metalcore without hardcore. That's where the whole core thing comes from.
Back to top Go down

In Flames - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: In Flames   In Flames - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 13, 2008 10:40 pm

http://www.play.com/Music/MP3-Download-Album/4-/5285658/-/Product.html

Samples from the new album. Sounds great to me. The haters won't like it, though. But I'm sure they'll make it a point to give their opinion yet again...for the FOURTH album in a row. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
EvyMetal
Baron Von 40oz.
EvyMetal

In Flames - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: In Flames   In Flames - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 14, 2008 1:51 am

Is that European single out yet?
Back to top Go down

In Flames - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: In Flames   In Flames - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 14, 2008 2:12 am

EvyMetal wrote:
Is that European single out yet?
I don't think so.
Back to top Go down
ghost
Metal master
Metal master
ghost

In Flames - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: In Flames   In Flames - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 26, 2008 10:20 am

Yes it is out since the 7th March.
Back to top Go down
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

In Flames - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: In Flames   In Flames - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 26, 2008 1:33 pm

I was never really into these guys hardcore, but I did like Subterranium EP, Black ash inheritance, Colony, and I guess I kind of liked whoracle. I'm listening to them right now, but I'd say the very first stuff is their best, but like I said, I'm no conniseur.
Back to top Go down
ghost
Metal master
Metal master
ghost

In Flames - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: In Flames   In Flames - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 27, 2008 8:31 am

The entire album 'A Sense Of Purpose' can be listened from today until 2nd April on their MySpace page:

http://www.myspace.com/inflames
Back to top Go down
Selvmord
Metal student
Metal student
Selvmord

Number of posts : 238

In Flames - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: In Flames   In Flames - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 27, 2008 7:50 pm

I have the new one and it gets better the more I listen to it. I like In Flames, and I'm hoping that after thier tour with Megadeth, that they will do a headlining tour of the US this summer or fall....

Colony is my favorite by them , but I like everything they have done....
Back to top Go down
ghost
Metal master
Metal master
ghost

In Flames - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: In Flames   In Flames - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 28, 2008 3:30 am

Selvmord wrote:
I have the new one and it gets better the more I listen to it.

That is what I thought after a few listens to their MySpace page. You're lucky that you have already the new one, here in Germany 'A Sense of Purpose' will be released the 4th April. And there is no European tour announced yet. First they will tour the US and then they will play several big festivals in Europe... as far as I know...
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

Number of posts : 4429

In Flames - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: In Flames   In Flames - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 28, 2008 7:06 am

i only have the Come Clarity album and while it has its moments it never leapt out at me and i lost interest very quickly. good live though
Back to top Go down

In Flames - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: In Flames   In Flames - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 05, 2008 7:26 pm

I think this new album is going to do really well this week. I tried to find this at two Newbury Comics locations, and both were sold out. Then I tried a Best Buy, and they only had one copy of the regular edition. So I hit up Hot Topic, and they just had one copy of the special edition, which I bought. So in four locations, only two copies were available. And now only one. So that means that three locations have completely sold out. Around Boston, that's pretty crazy.

I'll be interested to see how many copies this has shifted in its first week.
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

In Flames - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: In Flames   In Flames - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 06, 2008 5:24 am

The 3 exclusive cuts on the single are good too. I have hopes for the album, but then again, I also lved Come Clarity.

Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9047

In Flames - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: In Flames   In Flames - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 03, 2008 9:51 am

I'm listening to my first In Flames album ever right now (Clayman) and it's really, really good. I was prepared for dissapointment. Oh, how wrong I was!!

Heavy but melodic!!
Back to top Go down

In Flames - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: In Flames   In Flames - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 03, 2008 9:52 am

The only album of theirs I ever liked was Whoreacle. But then I always thought it was an At The Gates ripoff. Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

In Flames - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: In Flames   In Flames - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

In Flames
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next