Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020

Go down 
+15
the sentinel
ZombieHavoc
Witchfinder
scottmitchell74
mikeinfla
SideShowDisaSter
manny
Wrecked Neck
Required Fields
corplhicks
tohostudios
Leatherface
nevermore
Fat Freddy
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 30 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37652

TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020 - Page 21 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020 - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSun May 24, 2020 5:21 pm

"The Devil's Rejects" (2005)

In the follow up to Rob Zombie's "House of 1000 Corpses," the mass murdering Firefly "family's" home base is raided by police, sending Capt. Spaulding (Sid Haig), Baby (Sheri Moon Zombie) and Otis (Bill Mosely) on the run through the Texas badlands -- pursued by a revenge-obsessed sheriff (William Forsythe) who might be just as crazy as they are. This ultra-violent, action packed and occasionally quite funny ode to Rob's favorite grindhouse splatter flicks of the '70s is a vast improvement over the first movie.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020 - Page 21 Icon_minitimeMon May 25, 2020 5:22 pm

Think so?

I like the first one better because it's got more atmosphere.  Rejects just plays like a Tarrantino movie to me.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020 - Page 21 Icon_minitimeMon May 25, 2020 5:47 pm

tohostudios wrote:
Think so?

I like the first one better because it's got more atmosphere.  Rejects just plays like a Tarrantino movie to me.

Yea, "1000 Corpses" didn't live up to the hype IMO, I liked this one better.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020 - Page 21 Icon_minitimeMon May 25, 2020 10:24 pm

Finished "Source Code" on the elliptical today.

It tells a good story but I forgot how maudlin the last 30 minutes are. Basically this should be a 60 minute Twilight Zone episode and not a 90 minute feature-length film. It has a great story idea that's just padded out about 30 minutes too far IMO.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25876

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020 - Page 21 Icon_minitimeWed May 27, 2020 10:32 am

Watched Rocketman last night.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020 - Page 21 Icon_minitimeWed May 27, 2020 11:37 am

"Deadlier Than The Male" (1967)

My favorite of the many James Bond knock-offs to come out of the mid Sixties"Eurospy" craze. This slick flick stars Richard Johnson (whom, legend has it, was a candidate to play 007 in "Dr. No," but he turned it down) as suave, globe trotting investigator Hugh "Bulldog" Drummond, on the trail of a pair of lovely female assassins (Elke Sommer and Sylva Koscina) who are killing off the executives of a major oil company.
"Deadlier" is a fairly lavish production that raises it above the usual cheap-o Eurospy fare, with lots of gorgeous European scenery and female eye candy. Seriously fellas, just watch this to ogle German mega-babe Elke Sommer. She was so hot back then, it's ridiculous.
Followed by a 1969 sequel, "Some Girls Do."

Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020 - Page 21 Icon_minitimeWed May 27, 2020 6:36 pm

I got tired of my Japanese gorefest on the elliptical so today I started with Season 1 of "Gotham". I have all 5 seasons and have watched the first 4 before but this show is so nuanced that I didn't want to just dive into the abbreviated final season for fear that I'd forget some stuff so I'm watching from the very beginning again.

It's amazing how much the actor who plays Bruce Wayne grows up in this series. In these early episodes he looks and sounds like the pre-pubescent boy he is. But by Season 4 he's morphed into a womanizing boozehound who uses his money to buy private nightclubs for himself and his friends.

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020 - Page 21 Icon_minitimeWed May 27, 2020 10:18 pm

Watched the "Catspaw" episode of Star Trek - The Original Series tonight

As a kid I thought this Robert Bloch-penned episode was one of the cooler ones but watching it now I realize the whole thing is just a lame excuse for a "Halloween-themed" episode of Star Trek.

The overall story is really weak and actually doesn't make much sense but it DID inspire my latest signature so there's that...

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 18944

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020 - Page 21 Icon_minitimeThu May 28, 2020 2:05 am

Nightstalker(2002)-decent indie flick about the 80's serial killer Richard Ramirez. 2 out of 5.
Monday Night Raw
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020 - Page 21 Icon_minitimeThu May 28, 2020 10:19 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
"Deadlier Than The Male" (1967)

My favorite of the many James Bond knock-offs to come out of the mid Sixties"Eurospy" craze. This slick flick stars Richard Johnson (whom, legend has it, was a candidate to play 007 in "Dr. No," but he turned it down) as suave, globe trotting investigator Hugh "Bulldog" Drummond, on the trail of a pair of lovely female assassins (Elke Sommer and Sylva Koscina) who are killing off the executives of a major oil company.
"Deadlier" is a fairly lavish production that raises it above the usual cheap-o Eurospy fare, with lots of gorgeous European scenery and female eye candy. Seriously fellas, just watch this to ogle German mega-babe Elke Sommer. She was so hot back then, it's ridiculous.
Followed by a 1969 sequel, "Some Girls Do."

That's quite the still frame they chose for that clip. Hubba-Hubba!!

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020 - Page 21 Icon_minitimeThu May 28, 2020 12:03 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:

There's just something about those Sixties chicks. Homina homina. Very Happy

Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020 - Page 21 Icon_minitimeThu May 28, 2020 1:28 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:

There's just something about those Sixties chicks. Homina homina. Very Happy

The hourglass figures you just don't see anymore. TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020 - Page 21 82702

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020 - Page 21 Icon_minitimeThu May 28, 2020 8:39 pm

Finally saw the Lords Of Chaos flick last night.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39609

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020 - Page 21 Icon_minitimeThu May 28, 2020 8:51 pm

Young Sheldon
Man With A Plan
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020 - Page 21 Icon_minitimeFri May 29, 2020 9:17 pm

I am still watching "Unsolved History" as last night was an episode about the death of the Red Baron and tonight will be about the gunfight at the OK Corral.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020 - Page 21 Icon_minitimeFri May 29, 2020 9:48 pm

the sentinel wrote:
I am still watching "Unsolved History" as last night was an episode about the death of the Red Baron and tonight will be about the gunfight at the OK Corral.

The only reason I know anything about the gunfight at the OK Corral is because of the Star Trek episode "Spectre Of The Gun"

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020 - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSat May 30, 2020 7:08 pm

"Some Girls Do" (1969)

In this sequel to "Deadlier Than The Male," Richard Johnson returns as swinging investigator Hugh "Bulldog" Drummond, assigned to find out who's sabotaging the test flights of Britain's latest supersonic aircraft. The trail leads to Drummond's zillionaire arch-enemy Carl Peterson, who's holed up on his own private island surrounded by an army of robotic scantily clad females. Shag-a-delic, baby!
This one is much more tongue in cheek than the first Drummond adventure and plays more like a spoof,  but it's goofy, action packed fun with plenty of lovely female eye candy. (Like I said a few posts ago, those Sixties chicks... homina homina...)

Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020 - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSun May 31, 2020 11:30 am

To distract the kids from the world burning around us, we watched "Airplane!" together. It was probably my 73rd viewing, but it was a first for the kids. While a majority of the jokes went over their heads, there was enough general silliness to have them laughing hysterically. I never imagined I'd have to explain what "jive talk" was to a couple of 12 year olds, but in 2020, nothing makes sense anymore.

After we shooed them off to bed, the wife and I finished Season 2 of "Dead to Me". Very enjoyable 2nd season with an interesting cliffhanger. Here's hoping it gets greenlight for a 3rd season.

Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020 - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSun May 31, 2020 9:28 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
To distract the kids from the world burning around us, we watched "Airplane!" together. It was probably my 73rd viewing, but it was a first for the kids. While a majority of the jokes went over their heads, there was enough general silliness to have them laughing hysterically. I never imagined I'd have to explain what "jive talk" was to a couple of 12 year olds, but in 2020, nothing makes sense anymore.

After we shooed them off to bed, the wife and I finished Season 2 of "Dead to Me". Very enjoyable 2nd season with an interesting cliffhanger. Here's hoping it gets greenlight for a 3rd season.

When I was a pre teen/teen in the mid to late 1980's, I felt like Airplane was on every Friday, Saturday, and Sunday on HBO. The whole family would pretty much stop whatever we were doing and just laugh our asses off for the nest hour and a half. I still have both on VHS and DVD. When the wife and I were dating (about 8 yrs ago) we watched it and, as I have said before, she is 11 yrs younger than me, so a lot of the stuff went over her head, but now she appreciates it. I still quote the "jive guys" all these years later.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020 - Page 21 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 01, 2020 5:33 am

Uncut Gems

Adding something to my bucket list: to shake Adam Sandler's hand and apologize for every mean thing I've said about him. He is truly an artist. Great movie in a rare case where its flaws improves the story. A solid "A" rating.

I also recommend 'Good Time' by the same directors (brothers, actually). Robert Pattinson plays a Charles Manson-type goon and it works way too well. These guys are worth keeping an eye on.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39609

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020 - Page 21 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 01, 2020 6:40 am

The Invisible Man (2020)

Elizabeth Moss stars as a woman who leaves her controlling and abusive boyfriend. He stages his suicide and, discovering a means to make himself invisible, begins stalking her and making her life hell. When the police don't believe her, she has to take matters into her own hands. I liked this one, it was better than I had expected (and light years ahead of that dumpster fire Tom Cruise Mummy remake).
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020 - Page 21 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 01, 2020 2:55 pm

corplhicks wrote:
Uncut Gems

Adding something to my bucket list: to shake Adam Sandler's hand and apologize for every mean thing I've said about him. He is truly an artist. Great movie in a rare case where its flaws improves the story. A solid "A" rating.

I also recommend 'Good Time' by the same directors (brothers, actually). Robert Pattinson plays a Charles Manson-type goon and it works way too well. These guys are worth keeping an eye on.

My buddy told me Uncut Gems is really good but I too have a long standing disliking of Sandler. Still, since I’m still stuck inside, I may give it a go.

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020 - Page 21 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 01, 2020 6:43 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
corplhicks wrote:
Uncut Gems

My buddy told me Uncut Gems is really good but I too have a long standing disliking of Sandler. Still, since I’m still stuck inside, I may give it a go.
 Same here.  I work with a movie geek who insists I need to give Uncut Gems a shot and I keep saying "...but it's Adam Sandler!!!"

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020 - Page 21 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 02, 2020 10:25 am

"Killer Fish" (aka "Deadly Treasure of the Piranha," 1979)

A team of professional jewel thieves (including Lee "Six Million Dollar Man" Majors and Karen "Trilogy of Terror" Black) pull off a massive jewel heist in Rio de Janeiro, and hide the loot in a local lake till the heat dies down. When they come back to retrieve the goods, however, they discover that the lake is home to hordes of hungry flesh eating fish, which may make recovery impossible. Don'cha hate when that happens?

Don't go into this one expecting a water logged gore fest ala "Piranha," because even though the "Killer Fish" get top billing, they don't really come into play till the last third of this entertainingly schlocky Italian-French co-production, which starts out as a crime/caper/heist flick, then briefly turns into a disaster movie (when a hurricane strikes the thieves' island hideaway) before finally becoming a creature feature as promised in the title.  

Lee Majors displays all the charm of a plank of wood, as usual, and just in case this movie wasn't '70s enough already, Margaux Hemingway also turns up as a fashion model to give us some eye candy.

"Killer Fish" is far from essential viewing, but Lord knows I've seen worse.

Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020 - Page 21 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 02, 2020 11:03 am

Episodes of Just Shoot Me and Sanford.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020 - Page 21 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020
Page 21 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 30 ... 40  Next