Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020

Go down 
+15
the sentinel
ZombieHavoc
Witchfinder
scottmitchell74
mikeinfla
SideShowDisaSter
manny
Wrecked Neck
Required Fields
corplhicks
tohostudios
Leatherface
nevermore
Fat Freddy
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 35 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37658

TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020 - Page 30 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020 - Page 30 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 13, 2020 5:54 pm

"Vivarium" (2019)

A house-hunting young couple (Jesse Eisenberg and Imogen Poots) take a tour of a seemingly tranquil suburban development called "Yonder," and soon find themselves trapped and alone inside the seemingly endless labyrinth of identical houses, unable to find their way out.

...and then it gets even WEIRDER, but to say more would ruin this truly strange, artsy, surreal sci-fi/horror hybrid that has a heavy "Twilight Zone" feel.

"Vivarium" is not so much scary as it is unsettling. Stuff like this is not usually my kind of meat but it hooked me from the get-go and kept my interest throughout. Worth a look if you're in the mood for something out of the ordinary.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020 - Page 30 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 13, 2020 6:39 pm

That sounds interesting.

But is this one of those movies where once you've seen it and you know where it ends up it's no fun a second time? Like "The Others"; I loved it while I was watching it but I've never watched it again. Sometimes I don't care if I know all the twists (like Cabin In The Sky) but this Vivarium sounds like it might be a one-trick pony.

Roo Jockey
SideShowDisaSter

Number of posts : 4603

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020 - Page 30 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 13, 2020 6:49 pm

Bill Burr - Paper Tiger

Roo Jockey
SideShowDisaSter

Number of posts : 4603

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020 - Page 30 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 13, 2020 6:51 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
"Vivarium" (2019)

A house-hunting young couple (Jesse Eisenberg and Imogen Poots) take a tour of a seemingly tranquil suburban development called "Yonder," and soon find themselves trapped and alone inside the seemingly endless labyrinth of identical houses, unable to find their way out.

...and then it gets even WEIRDER, but to say more would ruin this truly strange, artsy, surreal sci-fi/horror hybrid that has a heavy "Twilight Zone" feel.

"Vivarium" is not so much scary as it is unsettling. Stuff like this is not usually my kind of meat but it hooked me from the get-go and kept my interest throughout. Worth a look if you're in the mood for something out of the ordinary.

That looks quite intriguing. I might have to look that one up this weekend while my son is over. Give us something weird to watch cool

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020 - Page 30 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 13, 2020 9:30 pm

Hard to say if it would hold up to repeat viewings, Toho, but it's definitely worth seeing at least once.. It was definitely one of my weirdest watches in a long while.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39646

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020 - Page 30 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 14, 2020 5:14 am

Got all caught up on NOS4A2.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020 - Page 30 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 14, 2020 7:48 am

"Parker" (2013)

A high-end thief (Jason Statham) is double crossed by his "crew" and left for dead after a big heist. He then follows them to their next score in Palm Springs to teach them the error of their ways. Needless to say, it doesnt end well for his former associates...
Statham is his dry-as-usual self and Jennifer Lopez adds some comic relief as a gal who gets caught up in the revenge scheme and becomes Statham's new partner. A decent butt kicker.

Last edited by Fat Freddy on Mon Sep 07, 2020 6:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25905

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020 - Page 30 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 14, 2020 12:31 pm

Three's Company
Coach
Overkill - Live in Overhausen
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020 - Page 30 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 14, 2020 11:14 pm

"Jurassic Park III" (2001)

Dr. Alan Grant (Sam Neill) sat out the previous "JP" movie but he's back for this third go-round, in which he gets shanghaiied into helping a couple find their child who's lost on Dino Island. As usual, lots of stunts, narrow escapes, and gory dino-munchings occur.
"JP III" is usually dismissed as the worst of the series, but I actually kinda like it. It's not as bloated or pretentious as Spielberg's entries, it's just a no-frills, fast moving action adventure/creature flick. Underrated and enjoyable.

Back to top Go down
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 18963

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020 - Page 30 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 15, 2020 10:28 am

I agree.  I've always liked Jurassic Park III and don't know why it wasn't as well received as the others. don\'t know

Fat Freddy likes this post

Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
Wrecked Neck
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

Number of posts : 2654

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020 - Page 30 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 15, 2020 6:09 pm

Just got done watching The Elephant Man. I really loved this movie when I first saw it as,a child. I still like it, but can't figure out why I liked it so much as a teenager. Haven't seen it in decades, and it's still good. Such a sad story...
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020 - Page 30 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 15, 2020 9:38 pm

I haven't seen The Elephant Man in forever but I remember thinking it was a good, well executed movie but way too depressing to ever watch again so of course I haven't.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

Number of posts : 2654

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020 - Page 30 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 16, 2020 12:34 am

tohostudios wrote:
I haven't seen The Elephant Man in forever but I remember thinking it was a good, well executed movie but way too depressing to ever watch again so of course I haven't.

It is very depressing, but for some strange reason it really held me captive when I was younger. I swear I've probably watched it at least twenty times back then. I read up on his life, and it seems the movie got a lot of it right, but there is controversy over how he was really treated by the freak show guy. Though his relationship with the doctor was pretty spot on.

I read how his dream was to live on a hospital for the blind so nobody could see what he looked like. Made me think of the movie Mask, where he was hanging out with that blind chick. Wonder if they put that in there knowing about the Elephant Man.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020 - Page 30 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 16, 2020 9:20 am

Watched 'Spaceballs' with my son last night (still hilarious) then after he went to bed, followed that up with the new Jim Jefferies stand-up special on Netflix (equally hilarious, but for different reasons).

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020 - Page 30 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 16, 2020 12:00 pm

"Everly" (2014)

Salma Hayek has spent the past four years in forced servitude to a brutal Japanese crime lord. When her "boss" gets wind of her plans to escape, he sends wave after wave of hired killers to her apartment building. You can probably figure out how well that goes.
"Everly" may not have the most original plot but it's a gloriously gory ultra-violent shoot'em up, kinda like a mix of "Kill Bill" and "Die Hard." A more accurate title for this flick would've been "Bullets, Boobs & Lots of Blood," cuz Salma looks hot even after she's spent half the movie covered in sweat, grime, and gunpowder.

Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020 - Page 30 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 16, 2020 4:37 pm

"Truth Or Dare" (2017)

A group of twenty somethings spend Halloween night playing "Truth Or Dare" inside a supposedly haunted house. This, of course, turns out to be a spectacularly bad idea, as it awakens an evil force which then follows them all home and makes them continue the ultimately-fatal "game."
Pretty standard direct-to-video horror junk with a few decently cringy, gory bits. One of the girls is played by Cassie "Sharknado" Scerbo, who can't act worth a damn but she has absolutely spectacular cleavage, so I had no complaints.

Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020 - Page 30 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 17, 2020 9:52 pm

"Heavy Metal Road Dog" (2016)

Lower-than-low budget rock doc that follows Chris Knudson, the road manager and guitar tech for the all-girl tribute band The Iron Maidens, as they embark on a European tour.
Behind-the-scenes stuff like this can be fun if your subject has good stories to tell, or some charisma... but Knudsen has neither. This guy shows all the personality of a wet mop as he tunes up guitars, consumes a lot of sausages and beer, gets lost in an Amsterdam train station, and navigates airport security. Watching paint dry is more exciting.
The film should have focused on the Iron Maidens instead -- they seem like a fun bunch of gals, but they don't really get to say much. Even more puzzling, you don't even get to hear any of their performances -- all the concert scenes are dubbed over with canned, generic widdly-widdly Euro power metal instrumental music. So what's the point?
In short: this is the least interesting rock doc I've ever seen.
AVOID.

Last edited by Fat Freddy on Tue Aug 18, 2020 1:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39646

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020 - Page 30 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 18, 2020 6:30 am

Scrubs
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020 - Page 30 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 18, 2020 10:47 am

Watched a doc on the films of Brian DePalma on Netflix.

Pretty good, although it might have helped to have a few more people interviewed. It's all Brian talking with clips of his films. Interesting, but a couple more "talking heads" would've broken things up a little. Still, makes me want to have a Brian DePalma film fest. Lots of his flicks I haven't seen in years or at all.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 18963

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020 - Page 30 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 20, 2020 2:10 am

Rise of the Planet of the Apes(2011).  Really enjoyed this one, especially after Tim Burton's colossal remake misfire several years back.  I give it 3.5 out of 5 damn dirty apes.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020 - Page 30 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 20, 2020 5:45 am

Jason Bourne
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25905

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020 - Page 30 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 20, 2020 2:33 pm

Becker
KISS Unplugged
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020 - Page 30 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 20, 2020 7:15 pm

So I now have It I and II and Joker in-house.

And now it's a race with what will end first, my current "Gotham" marathon watch on the daily elliptical (I'm up to season 3) or the end of this weird baseball season where they're cramming a bunch of games into a few months.

I'm not sure which one will end first but I suspect it will be baseball which means I'll start watching movies again on nights when wrestling isn't on.

I'll keep you posted (because I'm sure you're all just breathless anticipating my opinions of these films. Laughing )

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020 - Page 30 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 20, 2020 7:19 pm

And I just discovered I can watch "Vivarium" anytime I want for free with Prime so guess what's up next.

Fat Freddy and mikeinfla like this post

Back to top Go down
mikeinfla
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

Number of posts : 2477

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020 - Page 30 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 24, 2020 8:51 am

If you're a fan of classic video games:

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020 - Page 30 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020
Page 30 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 35 ... 40  Next