Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020

Go down 
+15
the sentinel
ZombieHavoc
Witchfinder
scottmitchell74
mikeinfla
SideShowDisaSter
manny
Wrecked Neck
Required Fields
corplhicks
tohostudios
Leatherface
nevermore
Fat Freddy
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 26 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020 - Page 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020 - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 04, 2020 10:10 pm

The Amazing Colossal Man (1957)

Forget the lurid movie poster art depicting a giant man tossing stuff around; that doesn't really happen until the last 5 minutes of the film.  Hell, the giant doesn't even actually kill anyone until then.

This is actually more of a drama than a horror or science fiction film as the main theme throughout the whole thing is the evolving relationship between Glenn Manning (the giant) and his fiancé as she learns he's survived the plutonium blast but is growing to huge proportions. 

I don't own this flick and it's really pricey to do so so I watched it via Youtube because I DO own the sequel "War Of The Colossal Beast" which is next on my "50s monster movie binge list" so I wanted to see the first one again since I hadn't seen it since I was a kid.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37557

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020 - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 05, 2020 10:57 am

"Hired Gun" (2017)

A highly entertaining and enlightening documentary about the often-unsung, anonymous rock musicians who make a living by renting out their talents to superstar artists, on tour and in the recording studio. Lots of great stories are told by longtime road warriors like Jason Newsted, Nita Strauss, Rudy Sarzo, Eric Singer, and many more. This was worth watching just to learn how badly Billy Joel screwed over the members of his '70s backing band. Not cool, Billy, not cool.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25645

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020 - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 05, 2020 2:19 pm

Watched a couple stand up comedy specials with Jeffery Ross and Lisa Lampinelli.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39186

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020 - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 05, 2020 7:31 pm

Friday The 13th Part 6:Jason Lives (1986)

Tommy Jarvis (Thom Matthews) can't get it out of his head that Jason is somehow still alive. So he and a friend (Ron "Arnold Horshack" Palillo) goes to his grave ( despite us being told he was cremated in Part 5) to unearth him and be sure. A cast iron pole and lightning bolt resurrects Jason (a la Frankenstein's monster), and the killings begin anew. Predictable film highlighted by some Alice Cooper tunes.

Friday The 13th Part 7:The New Blood (1988)

They keep making money,they keep making them. Trying to give it a fresh spin, they've basically made Carrie vs. Jason. A girl with psychokinetic powers accidentally revives Jason from his watery imprisonment and the usual fun continues.

Friday The 13th Part 8:Jason Takes Manhattan (1989)

Resurrected once again, the undead masked murderer stows away aboard a cruise ship carrying high school graduates bound for New York City in this bottom of the barrel installment.

Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28367

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020 - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 05, 2020 7:41 pm

Friday the 13th Part VI: Jason Lives is my favorite installment of the Friday the 13th series.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020 - Page 12 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 06, 2020 5:43 am

The Kitchen
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020 - Page 12 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 06, 2020 8:48 am

Zombieland 2: Doubletap.

Loved it. Just as funny/gory as the first one. If you liked the first one, you should find plenty to enjoy in part 2.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020 - Page 12 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 06, 2020 10:25 am

"Dead Heat" (1988)

While investigating a string of bizarre robberies committed by seemingly-indestructible goons, a pair of wisecracking L.A. cops (Treat Williams and Joe Piscopo) learn that a mad scientist (Vincent Price!) has invented a way to re-animate dead criminals.
This action packed (and quite gory) buddy cop/horror spoof totally missed a bet by not calling itself "Beverly Hills Zombie."

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat

Last edited by Fat Freddy on Sat Apr 11, 2020 8:07 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
mikeinfla
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

Number of posts : 2477

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020 - Page 12 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 06, 2020 1:01 pm

I didn't watch this today but I would if I could find it. I think we rented it on VHS from the video store back in the 80's. Basically haunted ice cream.
Back to top Go down
mikeinfla
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020 - Page 12 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 06, 2020 1:03 pm

Well how about that, seems the whole movie is on YouTube

Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020 - Page 12 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 07, 2020 6:30 pm

The Brain That Wouldn't Die (1962)

A scientist conducting clandestine transplantation experiments pulls his fiancé's severed head from a car wreck and keeps the head alive (and talking!) while he seeks a "suitable" body for it.  Other than the cackling talking head and it's communication with "the thing" behind a locked door (it's the result of previous "failed" experiments) this is pretty dull until the last 10 minutes or so when it really gets quite gory (especially for a movie in 1962).

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020 - Page 12 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 07, 2020 7:36 pm

Forensic Files 2
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020 - Page 12 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 07, 2020 9:43 pm

"Warlock" (1989)

A powerful male witch (Julian Sands) escapes the gallows in the 1620's by casting a spell that launches him forwards in time to 1980s Southern California, with a witch hunter in hot pursuit.
Essentially a supernatural spin on "The Terminator," this '80s video store fave hasn't aged particularly well (the special effects are mostly crap, esp. when the Warlock is "flying"), but Sands is an appropriately nasty bad guy and Lori "Footloose" Singer adds some comic relief as a Valley Girl who gets caught in the middle of the battle. Fun B-Movie, followed by.two sequels.

Last edited by Fat Freddy on Sat Apr 11, 2020 8:08 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020 - Page 12 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 07, 2020 10:21 pm

The Slime People (1962)

Even at its brief 76 minute running time this flick is at least 15 minutes too long.  The premise of heretofore unknown beings living below us in the sewers has been done cinematically several times (CHUD anyone?).  But the creature designs and the accompanying disgusting sounds prevalent in "The Slime People" are fine but the film just runs on too long given the dearth of ideas presented; we know the entire setup in the first 15 minutes of the movie but you have to wade through another hour or mostly filler to get to the resolution.

This would have made a GREAT "Twilight Zone" episode but as a full-length movie?  Not so much.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25645

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020 - Page 12 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 08, 2020 12:30 pm

Taxi
Bernie Mac Show
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020 - Page 12 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 08, 2020 12:49 pm

George A Romero Presents Deadtime Stories Vol. 1 (2009)

A short anthology film with 3 stories: a woman searching for her husband in a South American jungle, a man discovering a box on the beach that contains something sinister, and , the best story of the trio, a doctor is on a house call to check on a boy with a peculiar problem:he thinks he's a vampire. The second volume was a better film, I think.
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020 - Page 12 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 08, 2020 6:43 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
"Dead Heat" (1988)

While investigating a string of bizarre robberies committed by seemingly-indestructible goons, a pair of wisecracking L.A. cops (Treat Williams and Joe Piscopo) learn that a mad scientist (Vincent Price!) has invented a way to re-animate dead criminals.
This action packed (and quite gory) buddy cop/horror spoof totally missed a bet by not calling itself "Beverly Hills Zombie."

Classic!!! headbanger "Kill this guy, would ya?"
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020 - Page 12 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 08, 2020 6:49 pm

mikeinfla wrote:
Well how about that, seems the whole movie is on YouTube

I too remember renting this back in the day. "Give me a break, man, I just ate shaving cream!"
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020 - Page 12 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 08, 2020 6:51 pm

I started a new series called "Codes and Conspiracies: from Prime TV. Pretty cool stuff. I watched an ep. about Alcatraz last night and one about 1% MC's today. UFO's are next.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020 - Page 12 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 08, 2020 7:29 pm

the sentinel wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
"Dead Heat" (1988)

Classic!!! headbanger  "Kill this guy, would ya?"

"You dont look so good."
"Lady, I'm f*cking dead!" Laughing very hard

Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020 - Page 12 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 08, 2020 7:34 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
the sentinel wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
"Dead Heat" (1988)

Classic!!! headbanger  "Kill this guy, would ya?"

"You dont look so good."
"Lady, I'm f*cking dead!" Laughing very hard

I saw that a long time ago, like on a vhs rental, I think. I remember liking it but don't remember too much about it.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020 - Page 12 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 08, 2020 8:03 pm

Look at the "guns" on Piscopo; have you seen him lately, nothing like that

Boy can I relate.  I looked like that 25 years ago too but age just robs a guy of all that.

Seriously, I was a major gym rat.  In fact I had to have surgery on my right elbow to repair a tendon I "shredded" because I refused to take a day off from lifting.

Boy, (in my Archie Bunker voice) "Those were the days."

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020 - Page 12 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 08, 2020 10:31 pm

"KISS: Beyond the Makeup" (2001)

...this VH1 documentary traces Kiss' history from their humble New York beginnings, through the '70s rise and fall and '80s resurrection all the way up to the then-current "Farewell Tour" (which of course ended up being only a "Farewell" to the reunited original lineup!). I'm pretty sure I saw this when it first aired years ago, and even though it's obviously quite out of date now, it was still a cool trip down memory lane, loaded with vintage performance clips and interviews.

Last edited by Fat Freddy on Thu Apr 09, 2020 11:03 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020 - Page 12 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 08, 2020 10:52 pm

The Creeping Flesh (1972)

I'm not even sure why I own this one.

It's a typical "Hammer" style flick even though Hammer has nothing to do with it. As usual it stars Christopher Lee and Peter Cushing so acting isn't an issue.

But action is; geez, nothing happens for 90% of the movie; it's not "boring" exactly because after all it's a British film starring Cushing and Lee but good grief, I have no idea why I bought this on DVD.  I can only hope it was a case of "drunken misidentity" where at the time I thought this was some other movie.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020 - Page 12 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 09, 2020 5:39 am

On Amazon Prime. haven't seen it since i was a kid.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020 - Page 12 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020
Page 12 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 26 ... 40  Next