Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020

Go down 
+8
nevermore
SideShowDisaSter
Leatherface
mikeinfla
Fat Freddy
Wrecked Neck
tohostudios
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020 Empty
PostSubject: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 27, 2020 6:22 pm

I just added "Book Of Blood" to my Prime watchlist.  I didn't know this movie existed.

I've got a boatload of stuff queued up to watch as well as about half a dozen DVDs I've bought.  Once baseball season is over I expect to get to them and then some.

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 27, 2020 10:32 pm

tohostudios wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
"Tales of Halloween" (2015)

This cool anthology flick consists of ten short stories of Halloween terror, all of which take place in one small town. Segments include killer kids, a Jason-style slasher who meets his match, jack-o-lanterns with a taste for human flesh, and a kidnapping scheme that goes very wrong.
Not every story is a home run but overall this is a fun, funny, gory flick that's become a Halloween season perennial for me.

I think I watched that one last year after you recommended it.  I remember the man-eating jack o lanterns.

Watched this one again tonight.

I think it starts off strong but really lags in the middle section.  It picks up again when it gets to the story about the hoodlums kidnapping the supposed "rich kid" only to find out they've kidnapped a goblin and of course the final story about the "super pumpkin" is great.

The good news is that with 10 stories and a running time of a little over 90 minutes, even the segments you don't like don't take too long to get through.  Kind of the same attitude I have toward the ABCs Of Death series; if you don't like a story just wait a few minutes for a new one.

Overall I'd say this is about a 6 on a scale of 10

EDIT:  Oh yeah, the one with the Texas Chainsaw guy meeting the alien-possessed dead victim is funny too.  "Twick o tweet"

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

Number of posts : 2654

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 27, 2020 11:42 pm

tohostudios wrote:
I just added "Book Of Blood" to my Prime watchlist.  I didn't know this movie existed.

I've got a boatload of stuff queued up to watch as well as about half a dozen DVDs I've bought.  Once baseball season is over I expect to get to them and then some.
I've seen it, but I don't remember it much. I think I was pretty disappointed with it, but not sure. I'm thinking of revisiting it and Midnight Meat Train again for Halloween.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37625

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 28, 2020 10:02 am

"Video Nasties: Moral Panic, Censorship, and Videotape" (2010)

A documentary about the "Video Nasties" hysteria that gripped Britain during the early '80s home video boom. When certain moral guardians and governmental stooges decided that gory horror films like "I Spit On Your Grave" and "Evil Dead" were going to turn England's children into serial killers or criminals, they attempted to classify them as "obscene" so they could be banned. Interviews with important figures on both sides of the argument, some unintentionally hilarious vintage news clips, and lots of gory highlights from various "Nasties" illustrate this bizarre censorship saga.
I guess this could be considered the British equivalent of the PMRC controversy that was going on in America at the same time, when Tipper Gore and her bored-housewife pals were trying to keep Motley Crue records out of the nation's K-Marts. Very Happy

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat

Last edited by Fat Freddy on Wed Oct 28, 2020 5:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
mikeinfla
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

Number of posts : 2477

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 28, 2020 1:19 pm

I have no idea what this movie is about, "The Devil All The Time" and I haven't watched the whole trailer because I don't want it to spoil anything for me. But I like "period" movies and this one takes place after WWII (and it might jump around I have only watched the first 15 minutes or so and so far it is quite good). I don't know if it's a drama or a horror movie, I'll give an update when I'm done. Started it on a whim because it showed up on my feed.

Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 28, 2020 4:06 pm

Wrecked Neck wrote:
tohostudios wrote:

I've seen it, but I don't remember it much. I think I was pretty disappointed with it, but not sure. I'm thinking of revisiting it and Midnight Meat Train again for Halloween.

I love MMT! The first time I saw it I thought "Where the hell is this going?". And then when it got there I sat there going "Holy shit"

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

Number of posts : 2477

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 28, 2020 4:10 pm

Finished Devil All The Time. I figured it was a horror movie but it isn't but it is pretty dark and a good drama.
Back to top Go down
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 18903

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 28, 2020 6:00 pm

Monday Night Raw
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
Wrecked Neck
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 29, 2020 12:51 am

tohostudios wrote:
Wrecked Neck wrote:
tohostudios wrote:

I love MMT!  The first time I saw it I thought "Where the hell is this going?".  And then when it got there I sat there going "Holy shit"
Oh yeah, its a really good movie. It's my favorite Clive movie next to Hellraiser. Looking forward to watching it again, been years.

Just got done watching Drag me to Hell. I really liked it. Because enough a while since I've seen it, forgot how much I enjoyed it.
Back to top Go down
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 18903

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 29, 2020 1:15 am

WWE NXT Halloween Havoc
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39472

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 29, 2020 6:10 am

tohostudios wrote:
Wrecked Neck wrote:
tohostudios wrote:

I love MMT!  The first time I saw it I thought "Where the hell is this going?".  And then when it got there I sat there going "Holy shit"

I watched that for the very first time last night. Great movie. I was under the impression that it was a Japanese film for some reason,though.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 29, 2020 10:57 am

The director is Japanese. In fact he directed "Godzilla - Final Wars".

Roo Jockey
SideShowDisaSter

Number of posts : 4601

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 29, 2020 7:41 pm

I STILL haven't gotten around to Midnight Meat Train..... been meaning to watch it for literally YEARS. Is it on any of the stream services?

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 29, 2020 9:41 pm

"Clowntown"

Now that baseball season is officially over I've started going thru my Amazon Prime watch list.

Why oh why did baseball end? It left me watching this dreck.

A group of "under 20 somethings" is going to a concert and gets sidetracked into a deserted but strangely spotlessly clean town that is home to a group of about 5 maniacs who for some unknown reason paint their faces like clowns. Where did the rest of the town go? Who knows. Why do these psychopathic idiots paint themselves up like clowns? Who knows? Why do the heroines in the film scream on and on and on and on? Who knows?

This thing is a fetid pile of crap. Not even very gory. And to top it all off, it's actually boring as hell.

So I'm going to again steal the FF tagline: AVOID!

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 30, 2020 12:14 am

SideShowDisaSter wrote:
I STILL haven't gotten around to Midnight Meat Train.....  been meaning to watch it for literally YEARS.  Is it on any of the stream services?
Looks like it's on prime, Tubi, and something called Pluto.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 30, 2020 6:02 am

Wrecked Neck wrote:
SideShowDisaSter wrote:
I STILL haven't gotten around to Midnight Meat Train.....  been meaning to watch it for literally YEARS.  Is it on any of the stream services?
Looks like it's on prime, Tubi, and something called Pluto.

Yes. I watched it on Prime.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 30, 2020 6:06 am

Supernatural
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25801

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 30, 2020 1:30 pm

Episodes of Big Bang Theory
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 31, 2020 4:59 pm

The Mandalorian season 2, episode 1

The director's cut of Nightbreed.
Back to top Go down
Wrecked Neck
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 31, 2020 5:46 pm

Just got done with Bram Stokers Dracula, and now watching Interview with the Vampire. Up next is, The Lost Boys.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 31, 2020 9:56 pm

Tonight while sitting out on my front porch dressed as a cat monster (PPE mask of a yowling cat, ears, and furry clawed feet) and making sure the kids didn't take more than one full-size candy bar off of the table I set up, I watched the original "Fright Night" on my new Amazon Fire tablet.  First time I've seen that movie in years and it holds up pretty well (although it's weird seeing "Marcy Rhodes" as the "love interest").  I got this tablet on Prime Day for a little over $50 and I have to say I'm pretty impressed with it so far.  I just unboxed it today so I'd have something to do while sitting on the porch. 

And Stephen Geoffreys totally steals the show in Fright Night.  It's still weird to think where his career would go from here but he's a great "mini-Nicholson" in this film.  "Oh you're so cool Brewster!"

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 31, 2020 10:40 pm

tohostudios wrote:
Tonight while sitting out on my front porch dressed as a cat monster (PPE mask of a yowling cat, ears, and furry clawed feet) and making sure the kids didn't take more than one full-size candy bar off of the table I set up, I watched the original "Fright Night" on my new Amazon Fire tablet.  First time I've seen that movie in years and it holds up pretty well (although it's weird seeing "Marcy Rhodes" as the "love interest").  I got this tablet on Prime Day for a little over $50 and I have to say I'm pretty impressed with it so far.  I just unboxed it today so I'd have something to do while sitting on the porch. 

And Stephen Geoffreys totally steals the show in Fright Night.  It's still weird to think where his career would go from here but he's a great "mini-Nicholson" in this film.  "Oh you're so cool Brewster!"

Watched it last night. It's funny, I thought "Marcy" was sort of hot in that movie, but never thought so in married with children. Great movie though, one of my favorites for sure.

Now currently watching Phantasm. Up next will either be part II, or Midnight Meat Train.
Back to top Go down
Wrecked Neck
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 01, 2020 1:01 am

Went with Midnight Meat Train, excellent flick. Gonna finish up my Halloween horrorfest with the classic movie The Beyond. Actually not sure I've seen this one before, but so far so good.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 01, 2020 8:19 am

Halloween night double feature:

"The Purge" (2013)

Set in a near-future America where all criminal activity is legal for one night a year, a wealthy family learns that their ultra-high-tech security system is not enough to stop a particularly determined gang of home invaders. This isn't exactly a "horror" movie, but it's a tight, claustrophobic suspense thriller with some primo scenes of ultra violence. The scariest thing about this movie may be how plausible it seems, given our current national situation.

"The Purge: Anarchy" (2014)

The first of several sequels to the all-crime-is-legal-for-one-night dystopian flick shows the other side of the "Purge" coin -- rather than focusing on wealthy and privileged characters, it follows some ordinary citizens who are trapped on the mean streets of L.A. during the Purge and just want to survive the night. With more characters and a whole city to play in, this is a bigger, even more mean-spirited adventure -- I think I liked it better than the first movie.

Would it be too predictable to watch "The Purge: Election Year" on Tuesday night while waiting for voting results to roll in? Laughing very hard

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 03, 2020 9:44 pm

It may be a new month, but I'm still in Schlock-tober mode...

"Stepfather 3" (1992)

In the third go-round for the serial family killer, he gets a new face from a back-alley plastic surgeon (to hide the fact that he's now being played by a different actor), then moves to yet another peaceful small town and romances yet another lonely, divorced MILF (Priscilla "Three's Company" Barnes). However, the psycho step-dad may have met his match this time, as Priscilla's wheelchair-bound son is also a teenage computer whiz whose hobby is solving crimes.
...soooo, yeah, obviously there isn't much going on here that you haven't already seen in the previous "Stepfather" flicks. New leading man Robert Wightman (who?) does a fair job of imitating the great Terry O'Quinn and there's a few good violent bits, but overall this one ran too long and was too needlessly complicated. Stick with the first two.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020
Page 1 of 8Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next