Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020

Go down 
+15
the sentinel
ZombieHavoc
Witchfinder
scottmitchell74
mikeinfla
SideShowDisaSter
manny
Wrecked Neck
Required Fields
corplhicks
tohostudios
Leatherface
nevermore
Fat Freddy
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 30 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
SideShowDisaSter
Roo Jockey
SideShowDisaSter

Number of posts : 4601

TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020 - Page 20 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020 - Page 20 Icon_minitimeThu May 14, 2020 8:16 pm

tohostudios wrote:
Finished "Helldriver" on the elliptical today.  OMG, the last 30 minutes is off-the-charts ludicrous lunacy; not even a remote attempt at making any sense (like a giant flying plane constructed entirely of zombies and zombie parts propelled by two missles that were launched at but instead grabbed by a giant zombie composed of the same zombies and zombie parts).  Seriously, that happens in this nutty movie.  I swear the director of Tokyo Gore Police got some of his buddies together, did some serious shrooms and started spitballing ideas for a new gore flick and this is what they came up with.

Sideshow, put this one at the top of your list of Japanese silly gore flicks!  You won't believe this one; it makes Tokyo Gore Police and Machine Girl look like Shakespeare.

Next up is "Meatball Machine".

I might duck out tomorrow and see if I can find it somewhere. Now I REALLY want to see it! Laughing

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020 - Page 20 Icon_minitimeThu May 14, 2020 8:30 pm

Seriously, you won't believe how many WTF moments are in this one.  I lost count of how many times I literally said it out loud while watching.

It's funny because I thought the reason I didn't remember much about the film was because the last time I watched it I was drunk (and I probably was).  But this time I watched it and I kept thinking "Geez, what the F*** is going on; this makes no sense." Except I was on my elliptical and completely sober.

I think my mind was simply protecting itself from remembering and trying to make sense out of the insanity.

Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020 - Page 20 Icon_minitimeFri May 15, 2020 7:32 pm

I am still bingeing on UFO docs. I started watching one last night that I saw years back; World's Most Shocking Evidence Caught on Tape or something like that. It's billed as the extended director's edition, so, there's that. Oh, and it's narrated by Jonathan Frakes which is pretty cool.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25863

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020 - Page 20 Icon_minitimeSat May 16, 2020 11:52 am

tohostudios wrote:
nevermore wrote:
Gummo

I watched that a long, long time ago and it made zero sense.  Isn't that the one with the little kid sitting in a tub of filthy water while eating a plate of spaghetti?  That's the only thing I remember about it.

Yes, that's the film. Supposedly it's supposed to be a town devastated by a tornado. And everybody is mentally devastated after it. It's definitely a super,suer,super weird movie.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020 - Page 20 Icon_minitimeSat May 16, 2020 7:17 pm

Started "Meatball Machine" on the elliptical today.

You know, normally I would be going "WTF?" during the first 30 minutes of this film but after viewing "Helldriver" this movie is almost (ALMOST) a refreshing breath of logical fresh air ("logical" by Japanese standards anyway; typical American audiences would still be going "WTF?")

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37644

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020 - Page 20 Icon_minitimeSat May 16, 2020 9:13 pm

"Moving Violations" (1985)

A crew of misfit drivers must graduate from the city's traffic school to regain their licenses, but the hard-ass police officer in charge of the course has no intention of letting any of them back on the road anytime soon. Wacky hijinks and low-brow laughs ensue.
This silly but fun variant on the "Police Academy" formula stars Bill Murray's younger brother John (in his first and only lead movie role) supported by an impressive cast that includes Jennifer Tilly, Wendy Jo Sperber, the late Fred Willard, and even Clara "Where's the Beef?" Peller. I've enjoyed this movie since it was an HBO staple back in the '80s, yet it seems like I'm the only one who even remembers it after all these years.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020 - Page 20 Icon_minitimeSat May 16, 2020 9:24 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
"Moving Violations" (1985)

A crew of misfit drivers must graduate from the city's traffic school to regain their licenses, but the hard-ass police officer in charge of the course has no intention of letting any of them back on the road anytime soon. Wacky hijinks and low-brow laughs ensue.
This silly but fun variant on the "Police Academy" formula stars Bill Murray's younger brother John (in his first and only lead movie role) supported by an impressive cast that includes Jennifer Tilly, Wendy Jo Sperber, the late Fred Willard, and even Clara "Where's the Beef?" Peller. I've enjoyed this movie since it was an HBO staple back in the '80s, yet it seems like I'm the only one who even remembers it after all these years.

I honestly remember renting this from "Major Video" as a young trrn. Who can forget Mrs. Hauk (sp) sitting in the urinal? Classic.

"Blood Flows Red on the Highway"
"When the going gets tough, the tough get going...in their pants"

Man., it's been a minute since I have seen this one. Keith, I am sure you know "Recruits" with Jon Mikl Thor? I always felt that was a mixing of this movie and early Police Academy films.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020 - Page 20 Icon_minitimeSat May 16, 2020 9:28 pm

^^ Oh damn, I haven't thought about "Recruits" in years. There were a sh*t ton of police/law enforcement comedies in the wake of the success of "Police Academy," and I'm pretty sure I saw all of them!

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020 - Page 20 Icon_minitimeSun May 17, 2020 3:27 pm

"Bad Channels" (1992)

Alien invaders take over a radio station and use its signal to miniaturize Earth girls in order to bring them back to their home planet. Earth's only hope lies with an intrepid DJ trapped inside with the critters and a TV news reporter (MTV's Martha Quinn!) on the outside.
Cheesy on purpose sci-fi/comedy schlock from Full Moon Studios, featuring music from Blue Oyster Cult and Ron Keel's Fair Game. Good for a few chuckles but that's about it.

Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28438

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020 - Page 20 Icon_minitimeSun May 17, 2020 10:06 pm

I just watched the new episode of Family Guy.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020 - Page 20 Icon_minitimeMon May 18, 2020 9:38 pm

I found a new series called "World's Greatest Mysteries" and it's excellent, but probably should have been called "World's Greatest Conspiracy Theories" as they provide plenty of "alternate history" evidence that most of what we know is cover ups.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020 - Page 20 Icon_minitimeMon May 18, 2020 11:00 pm

"Rambo: Last Blood" (2019)

In Stallone's 5th (and final?) go-round as Rambo, Johnny is now living the quiet life on his family farm in Arizona, until his adopted daughter is kidnapped by human traffickers in Mexico, forcing him to make a trip south of the border to kick some cartel ass.
This one took a little while to get going but once the bodies start dropping, the violence is gloriously brutal... but its relatively small scope doesn't really feel like a "Rambo" movie, if that makes any sense -- it's a fairly generic revenge saga that could have starred just about anybody. Sly is looking kind of leathery nowadays too, so it may be time to put this franchise to rest.

Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020 - Page 20 Icon_minitimeTue May 19, 2020 6:37 pm

Hail Satan? A documentary about the Satanic Temple and their activities. As well as their plans to set up a Baphomet statue in Little Rock Ark.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020 - Page 20 Icon_minitimeTue May 19, 2020 6:54 pm

Finished "Meatball Machine".  Normally this would have been sort of a "WTF? movie" because a lot of stuff in it didn't really make much sense but after watching "Helldriver" this was pretty damn coherent by comparison.

I haven't decided what I'm going to watch next.  I culled through my DVD collection and pulled out some of my other Asian extreme flicks like "Dr. Lamb", "Ebola Syndrome", "Versus" and "Machine Girl".  I actually don't remember any of those very well because I was probably drunk when I watched them the first time.  I'm leaning toward Machine Girl next since Sideshow mentioned it.

I think I'm going to bypass Tokyo Gore Police this pass thru my Asian extreme movies because I've seen it too many times; no surprises there.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39570

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020 - Page 20 Icon_minitimeWed May 20, 2020 6:25 am

The Goldbergs
Schooled
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020 - Page 20 Icon_minitimeWed May 20, 2020 4:29 pm

My Friend Dahmer. A film about the high school years of the infamous serial killer. Not sure how accurate it is though.
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28438

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020 - Page 20 Icon_minitimeWed May 20, 2020 6:21 pm

I watched a Family Guy episode the other night titled Family Guy Through the Years.

It's an episode where Family Guy is reimagined as a series that started in the 1950s, 1960s, and 1970s.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020 - Page 20 Icon_minitimeWed May 20, 2020 8:03 pm

Crazy Heart
Back to top Go down
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 18928

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020 - Page 20 Icon_minitimeThu May 21, 2020 2:20 am

Legion(2010)- customers at a roadside desert diner are thrust together as the apocalypse has started when a man who is actually the archangel Michael appears to help and tells them that the pregnant waitress who works there is carrying the messiah, who is the only chance the world has to survive. A mixture of horror, fantasy and action, this was a solid film for what it was. I give it 2.5 out of 5.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39570

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020 - Page 20 Icon_minitimeThu May 21, 2020 6:30 am

Meatballs (1979)

Bill Murray stars as the head counselor at a low budget summer camp, trying to make time with another counselor, befriending a loner teen and leading his camp against the rival snooty camp across the lake. A screwball comedy aimed at teens that, although A bit dated, still is a fun watch for lovers of the genre.
Back to top Go down
mikeinfla
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

Number of posts : 2477

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020 - Page 20 Icon_minitimeThu May 21, 2020 9:48 am

Need to see Meatballs again I haven't seen it since I was a kid and don't remember anything about it. 

Saw a DUMB movie on Netflix called Polaroid about some teens who find a Polaroid camera from the 70's that is haunted.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020 - Page 20 Icon_minitimeFri May 22, 2020 5:23 pm

The new Patton Oswalt comedy special on Netflix was pretty good. However, part 2 features a different comedian, Bob Rubin, and he's terrible. View at your own risk.

Metal is Forever
the sentinel

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020 - Page 20 Icon_minitimeSat May 23, 2020 8:29 am

I have been watching a series called "Unsolved History" and it's pretty good. It's not as conspiratorial as the last series I viewed, but the forensic examining and recreations are pretty terrific. I watched the episode about Gettysburg and the sinking of the USS Maine the last two nights.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020 - Page 20 Icon_minitimeSat May 23, 2020 7:56 pm

Started "Source Code" on the elliptical today.

I've seen this once before but I only remembered that some guy keep reliving the same small segment of time over and over.

Pretty interesting so far since I don't remember it very well and don't really know where it's going.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020 - Page 20 Icon_minitimeSun May 24, 2020 8:05 am

"Nightwatch" (1997)

A law student (Ewan McGregor) takes a new job as the night watchman at the city morgue. At the same time, a necrophiliac serial killer is carving up local prostitutes and leaving clues at the scenes that point to McGregor's character. Can he clear his name before the psycho strikes again?
A fairly "meh" horror/thriller that wishes it was "Seven," apparently remade from a Danish film released a few years earlier. "Nightwatch" has got a surprisingly strong supporting cast including such dependables as Josh Brolin, Brad Dourif, Nick Nolte, and Rosanna Arquette, but in spite of all the talent the movie never quite comes together.
Skippable.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020 - Page 20 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020
Page 20 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 30 ... 40  Next