Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

It's that time again...for MORE UNPOPULAR OPINIONS!

Go down 
+31
MetalGuy71
anthrax_fan
Witchfinder
metalinmyveins
SideShowDisaSter
Lari
Temple of Blood
John Madden
the sentinel
ZombieHavoc
Citanul
Boris2008
Rami Airola
Wrecked Neck
glassprison
Thrasher73
scottmitchell74
DallasBlack
Hadley
Troublezone
Eyesore
Glower
Mglaffas81
Required Fields
BearOnUnicycle
Gilbert
tohostudios
James B.
Fat Freddy
corplhicks
35 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next
AuthorMessage
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6328

It's that time again...for MORE UNPOPULAR OPINIONS! - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: It's that time again...for MORE UNPOPULAR OPINIONS!   It's that time again...for MORE UNPOPULAR OPINIONS! - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 06, 2020 4:01 pm

Dance of Death is great. Not much not to like.

Well, there is that cover. I think that abortion of an album cover really affects the way people think of the whole album.

Imagine it was called Rainmaker and had gorgeous Derek Riggs art with Eddie battling a wizard or a shaman or something. With machine guns. On top a skyscraper. With rain. And tits and severed body parts. Or something equally metal.

That'd rule and this would be a top 3 Maiden album, without changing a note.
Back to top Go down
Wrecked Neck
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

Number of posts : 2654

PostSubject: Re: It's that time again...for MORE UNPOPULAR OPINIONS!   It's that time again...for MORE UNPOPULAR OPINIONS! - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 06, 2020 5:07 pm

Well since it seems to be popular around here to show love for Dance of Death, I'll share my unpopular opinion and say it's by far one of the worse and most boring Maiden albums. I've tried to get into it several times, mostly because of this site, but it just has nothing on it that stands out for me.
Back to top Go down
Hadley
Metal master
Metal master

Number of posts : 991

PostSubject: Re: It's that time again...for MORE UNPOPULAR OPINIONS!   It's that time again...for MORE UNPOPULAR OPINIONS! - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 06, 2020 5:12 pm

Wrecked Neck wrote:
Well since it seems to be popular around here to show love for Dance of Death, I'll share my unpopular opinion and say it's by far one of the worse and most boring Maiden albums. I've tried to get into it several times, mostly because of this site, but it just has nothing on it that stands out for me.

Same here. Heck, I'll go even farther and claim A Matter of Life and Death as my least favorite, just dull to me.
Back to top Go down
Wrecked Neck
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

Number of posts : 2654

PostSubject: Re: It's that time again...for MORE UNPOPULAR OPINIONS!   It's that time again...for MORE UNPOPULAR OPINIONS! - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 06, 2020 5:17 pm

Hadley wrote:
Wrecked Neck wrote:

Same here. Heck, I'll go even farther and claim A Matter of Life and Death as my least favorite, just dull to me.
Yup, agree with that also. Both albums were boring to me. I liked Book of Souls, but haven't listened to it in a long time.
Back to top Go down
John Madden
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
John Madden

Number of posts : 272

PostSubject: Re: It's that time again...for MORE UNPOPULAR OPINIONS!   It's that time again...for MORE UNPOPULAR OPINIONS! - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 06, 2020 5:21 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Anthrax has always been a hit-or-miss band, and at this point the "misses" outnumber the "hits" by a wide margin.
That's how I feel about Overkill after Horrorscope, Some individual great songs but not a whole album's worth, though I haven't checked out Ironbound.

Temple of Blood likes this post

Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17064

PostSubject: Re: It's that time again...for MORE UNPOPULAR OPINIONS!   It's that time again...for MORE UNPOPULAR OPINIONS! - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 07, 2020 4:41 am

Wrecked Neck wrote:
Hadley wrote:
Wrecked Neck wrote:

Yup, agree with that also. Both albums were boring to me. I liked Book of Souls, but haven't listened to it in a long time.

A Matter of Life and Death and Book of Souls are boring as hell to me!
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12599

PostSubject: Re: It's that time again...for MORE UNPOPULAR OPINIONS!   It's that time again...for MORE UNPOPULAR OPINIONS! - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 07, 2020 12:14 pm

Maiden has been boring since 1988 or so (IMHDO)

Temple of Blood likes this post

Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9874

PostSubject: Re: It's that time again...for MORE UNPOPULAR OPINIONS!   It's that time again...for MORE UNPOPULAR OPINIONS! - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 07, 2020 1:26 pm

Lari wrote:
Dance of Death is great. Not much not to like.

Well, there is that cover. I think that abortion of an album cover really affects the way people think of the whole album.

Imagine it was called Rainmaker and had gorgeous Derek Riggs art with Eddie battling a wizard or a shaman or something. With machine guns. On top a skyscraper. With rain. And tits and severed body parts. Or something equally metal.

That'd rule and this would be a top 3 Maiden album, without changing a note.

Rainmaker is one of my favourite Maiden songs ever:

Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6328

PostSubject: Re: It's that time again...for MORE UNPOPULAR OPINIONS!   It's that time again...for MORE UNPOPULAR OPINIONS! - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 07, 2020 1:55 pm

James B. wrote:
Maiden has been boring since 1988 or so (IMHDO)
A Matter of Life and Death is their best album.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: It's that time again...for MORE UNPOPULAR OPINIONS!   It's that time again...for MORE UNPOPULAR OPINIONS! - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2021 3:19 am

I Am the Night is a slightly better and more consistent album than Power Metal.
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9047

PostSubject: Re: It's that time again...for MORE UNPOPULAR OPINIONS!   It's that time again...for MORE UNPOPULAR OPINIONS! - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 10, 2021 7:04 am

Somewhere In Time - overrated?

The songs are well written and catchy.
The fellas on on-point with their skill sets.

But...there's always been something nagging me these decades. The sound...You know how you instantly know a soap opera is on the TV by the sound? Or pre-2000s if you stumbled on the CCM channel?

That's what I get with Somewhere In Time: I think it's the #*! synths. They were chasing a trend and not only did they saturate the music with synths, the production just makes it all sound so antiseptic.
It's a well done album...too well done.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37625

PostSubject: Re: It's that time again...for MORE UNPOPULAR OPINIONS!   It's that time again...for MORE UNPOPULAR OPINIONS! - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 15, 2021 3:51 pm

Vengeance Rising still sucks. Laughing

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9047

PostSubject: Re: It's that time again...for MORE UNPOPULAR OPINIONS!   It's that time again...for MORE UNPOPULAR OPINIONS! - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 15, 2021 8:02 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:

If you weren't already dead to me...

Laughing
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: It's that time again...for MORE UNPOPULAR OPINIONS!   It's that time again...for MORE UNPOPULAR OPINIONS! - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 15, 2021 8:52 pm

scottmitchell74 wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:

If you weren't already dead to me...

Laughing

Hey Scott,

Wrote you back. Check your inbox.

scottmitchell74 likes this post

Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9874

PostSubject: Re: It's that time again...for MORE UNPOPULAR OPINIONS!   It's that time again...for MORE UNPOPULAR OPINIONS! - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 15, 2021 11:04 pm

Troublezone wrote:
I Am the Night is a slightly better and more consistent album than Power Metal.

I tend to agree.
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: It's that time again...for MORE UNPOPULAR OPINIONS!   It's that time again...for MORE UNPOPULAR OPINIONS! - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 17, 2021 9:23 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:

WTH?! Check this;

Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

PostSubject: Re: It's that time again...for MORE UNPOPULAR OPINIONS!   It's that time again...for MORE UNPOPULAR OPINIONS! - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 17, 2021 10:58 pm

Primus Sucks Laughing very hard

Wrecked Neck likes this post

Back to top Go down
Mglaffas81
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Mglaffas81

Number of posts : 2255

PostSubject: Re: It's that time again...for MORE UNPOPULAR OPINIONS!   It's that time again...for MORE UNPOPULAR OPINIONS! - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 18, 2021 11:02 am

Thrasher73 wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:

WTH?! Check this;

Absolutely awful - as long as that excuse for a vocalist is behind the mic, they'll never reach the mediocre non-heights of average-ass, boring thrash the rest of the band could aspire to.

Fat Freddy likes this post

Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

PostSubject: Re: It's that time again...for MORE UNPOPULAR OPINIONS!   It's that time again...for MORE UNPOPULAR OPINIONS! - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 18, 2021 9:01 pm

Mglaffas81 wrote:
The rest of the band could aspire to

cheers
The rest of the band did get better (IMHDO)
They went on to form Die Happy with somebody who could sing pretty good.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37625

PostSubject: Re: It's that time again...for MORE UNPOPULAR OPINIONS!   It's that time again...for MORE UNPOPULAR OPINIONS! - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 18, 2021 9:27 pm

James B. wrote:
Mglaffas81 wrote:

cheers

Die Happy > VR

Any day of the week and 2x on Sunday.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: It's that time again...for MORE UNPOPULAR OPINIONS!   It's that time again...for MORE UNPOPULAR OPINIONS! - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 20, 2021 3:58 pm

James B. wrote:
Mglaffas81 wrote:

cheers

They were already good on those VR albums. Roger M’s vocals you can take or leave, I have no problem with them.

And you’re wasting your time with Mglaffass, he thinks Metallica is the best band ever lol!
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

PostSubject: Re: It's that time again...for MORE UNPOPULAR OPINIONS!   It's that time again...for MORE UNPOPULAR OPINIONS! - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 20, 2021 8:11 pm

Thrasher73 wrote:

They were already good on those VR albums. Roger M’s vocals you can take or leave, I have no problem with them.

(IMHDO) Their musicianship is more suited to what was done in Die Happy. Look at what they did before VR & After VR.
I don't have an issue with Roger or his vocals, just dig Robin more.

Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

PostSubject: Re: It's that time again...for MORE UNPOPULAR OPINIONS!   It's that time again...for MORE UNPOPULAR OPINIONS! - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 20, 2021 8:27 pm

Thrasher73 wrote:
And you’re wasting your time with Mglaffass, he thinks Metallica is the best band ever lol!

His/Her opinion is just as valid as yours or mine regarding that.
Maybe TYT likes Metallica too Laughing very hard
I read Queen Margrethe II is also a fan, and maybe she told them what to think about that? Who knows?

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Mglaffas81

Number of posts : 2255

PostSubject: Re: It's that time again...for MORE UNPOPULAR OPINIONS!   It's that time again...for MORE UNPOPULAR OPINIONS! - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 21, 2021 3:10 am

Cheap and inaccurate, how very expected.

It's nice to see people who regard themselves as such superior free-thinkers simply by not trusting their own government broad-brush paint any other person/society - it's almost as if they espouse long-outdated crap regarding American Exceptionalism while simultaneously projecting accusations of their own country's ills onto other societies. There's an unpopular opinion for you.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: It's that time again...for MORE UNPOPULAR OPINIONS!   It's that time again...for MORE UNPOPULAR OPINIONS! - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 21, 2021 7:03 am

It’s the “Lars” danish connection.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: It's that time again...for MORE UNPOPULAR OPINIONS!   It's that time again...for MORE UNPOPULAR OPINIONS! - Page 11 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

It's that time again...for MORE UNPOPULAR OPINIONS!
Page 11 of 12Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next