Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

It's that time again...for MORE UNPOPULAR OPINIONS!

Go down 
+31
MetalGuy71
anthrax_fan
Witchfinder
metalinmyveins
SideShowDisaSter
Lari
Temple of Blood
John Madden
the sentinel
ZombieHavoc
Citanul
Boris2008
Rami Airola
Wrecked Neck
glassprison
Thrasher73
scottmitchell74
DallasBlack
Hadley
Troublezone
Eyesore
Glower
Mglaffas81
Required Fields
BearOnUnicycle
Gilbert
tohostudios
James B.
Fat Freddy
corplhicks
35 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12
AuthorMessage
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12599

It's that time again...for MORE UNPOPULAR OPINIONS! - Page 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: It's that time again...for MORE UNPOPULAR OPINIONS!   It's that time again...for MORE UNPOPULAR OPINIONS! - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 21, 2021 9:06 am

Mglaffas81 wrote:
Cheap and inaccurate, how very expected.

It's nice to see people who regard themselves as such superior free-thinkers simply by not trusting their own government broad-brush paint any other person/society - it's almost as if they espouse long-outdated crap regarding American Exceptionalism while simultaneously projecting accusations of their own country's ills onto other societies. There's an unpopular opinion for you.

Sleep
This and your circle jerk comment make it appear that you are channelling your inner eyesore, makes one wonder. don\'t know

I am just making fun of you, nothing more...nothing less laughing

Your pseudo- intellectualism is way too deep for this shallow pond and it always ends with you painting yourself as some kind of victim. It's that time again...for MORE UNPOPULAR OPINIONS! - Page 12 352445

Ask your perfect and infallible leaders permission to have a sense of humor, being you don't seem to have one. Afterall, you admit that when you don't know something... You leave it up to the experts, right surprised

It's that time again...for MORE UNPOPULAR OPINIONS! - Page 12 25679  yeah for you
Cue music for "Der Er Et Yngidt Land" complete with dancing mute Swans.

cheers
Gonna have a Danish for breakfast

scottmitchell74 and Troublezone like this post

Back to top Go down
MetallicSeminarian
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
MetallicSeminarian

Number of posts : 1698

PostSubject: Re: It's that time again...for MORE UNPOPULAR OPINIONS!   It's that time again...for MORE UNPOPULAR OPINIONS! - Page 12 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 29, 2021 10:40 pm

Anthrax is the best of the big 4 (with Belladonna).

Released upon the Earth is the best Vengeance Rising Album, partly because Roger’s vocals are significantly improved. But VR is nowhere near the top of the Christian thrash heap.

A Matter of Life and Death is a top 3 Maiden album.

Reign in Blood is bookended by great songs (1, 2, 9, 10) but is otherwise boring. South of Heaven and Seasons in the Abyss are the best Slayer albums.

Stained Class and Painkiller are the only Priest albums that have no weak tracks. Also, Turbo>British Steel.

Edge of Thorns is the best Savatage album.

5150 is the best Van Halen album (tied with the debut).

Almost all Petra is great, even if there are a lot of stylistic jumps.

Pantera were super talented and very important and influential, but Phil’s “tough-guy” posturing and the fact that he ruined his awesome voice makes it hard for me to enjoy the band.

Manowar is awful.

I’m sure I’ll think of more It's that time again...for MORE UNPOPULAR OPINIONS! - Page 12 754598
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37625

PostSubject: Re: It's that time again...for MORE UNPOPULAR OPINIONS!   It's that time again...for MORE UNPOPULAR OPINIONS! - Page 12 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 08, 2021 10:50 am

Have I mentioned lately that Vengeance Rising still sucks?

...yeah, probably Wink

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat

MetallicSeminarian likes this post

Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6328

PostSubject: Re: It's that time again...for MORE UNPOPULAR OPINIONS!   It's that time again...for MORE UNPOPULAR OPINIONS! - Page 12 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 08, 2021 12:40 pm

MetallicSeminarian wrote:
I'm sure I’ll think of more It's that time again...for MORE UNPOPULAR OPINIONS! - Page 12 754598
Anthrax is the best of the big 4 (with Belladonna).
Are you me? I mean, I guess it's hard to deny this fact about the Big Four.

A Matter of Life and Death is a top 3 Maiden album. 
- It is their best, in fact. No idea why you need to cushion your statement.

Reign in Blood is bookended by great songs (1, 2, 9, 10) but is otherwise boring. South of Heaven and Seasons in the Abyss are the best Slayer albums.
-  Altar of Sacrifice is awesome. That makes you factually incorrect.

Stained Class and Painkiller are the only Priest albums that have no weak tracks. Also, Turbo>British Steel.
- Defenders of the Faith has no weak tracks... no wait, the ending is a little weak. You are correct. Those are the only two albums. But you're crazy if you think Turbo has anything on British Steel. One is a an embarrassing pandering album for pop metal fans, the other a centerpiece of NWOBHM. This is NOT a matter of opinion.

Edge of Thorns is the best Savatage album.
- It is a great album. Zak sounds awesome on He Carves His Stone, and Criss is on a creative high. I accept this as a matter of preference, even if I only rank it their 9th best myself.

Pantera were super talented and very important and influential, but Phil’s “tough-guy” posturing and the fact that he ruined his awesome voice makes it hard for me to enjoy the band.
- I never enjoyed them to begin with, but you are on to something. I think a lot of their fanbase is actually what puts me off. Especially the attitude metal scene of the late 90's / early 00's. 

Manowar is awful. 
- Yeah. Nothing controversial about that. They are quite happy with their small corner of the market, and I actually like the fact they never tried to appease anybody else. But yeah, they are awful. Like Hammerfall. I just... can't.

MetallicSeminarian likes this post

Back to top Go down
Wrecked Neck
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

Number of posts : 2654

PostSubject: Re: It's that time again...for MORE UNPOPULAR OPINIONS!   It's that time again...for MORE UNPOPULAR OPINIONS! - Page 12 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 24, 2022 5:23 pm

After forcing myself to sit down and listen to every drab drawn out boring tired sounding note from the new Maiden album, I found it to be unlistenable garbage. Bruce sounded blah and bored. The music was rinse and repeat from the past decade plus. Uninspired and boring from every angle. I found nothing in it that would make me want to listen to it again. By far their worse album ever. I guess it's better than the Blaze era, but I've never listened to those so I can't say for sure. Glad some of you guys like it, but this one is not for me.
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12599

PostSubject: Re: It's that time again...for MORE UNPOPULAR OPINIONS!   It's that time again...for MORE UNPOPULAR OPINIONS! - Page 12 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 25, 2022 10:40 am

(IMHDO)
Maiden has been  Sleep since 1988

Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7608

PostSubject: Re: It's that time again...for MORE UNPOPULAR OPINIONS!   It's that time again...for MORE UNPOPULAR OPINIONS! - Page 12 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 25, 2022 11:23 am

James B. wrote:
(IMHDO)
Maiden has been  Sleep since 1988

This is the correct opinion.
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17064

PostSubject: Re: It's that time again...for MORE UNPOPULAR OPINIONS!   It's that time again...for MORE UNPOPULAR OPINIONS! - Page 12 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 25, 2022 6:50 pm

The last Maiden album I liked was BNW. Other than that, they are mostly boring with a few okay songs scattered around.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: It's that time again...for MORE UNPOPULAR OPINIONS!   It's that time again...for MORE UNPOPULAR OPINIONS! - Page 12 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

It's that time again...for MORE UNPOPULAR OPINIONS!
Page 12 of 12Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12