Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

A Matter of Life and Death is the best Iron Maiden album

Go down 
+12
Troublezone
Gilbert
Wrecked Neck
Thrasher73
Fat Freddy
glassprison
Dark Horseman
akeldama
Boris2008
scottmitchell74
Lari
16 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6336

A Matter of Life and Death is the best Iron Maiden album Empty
PostSubject: A Matter of Life and Death is the best Iron Maiden album   A Matter of Life and Death is the best Iron Maiden album Icon_minitimeFri Aug 23, 2019 4:33 pm

and anyone who says differently is wrong.

Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9047

PostSubject: Re: A Matter of Life and Death is the best Iron Maiden album   A Matter of Life and Death is the best Iron Maiden album Icon_minitimeFri Aug 23, 2019 5:14 pm

If you say so. headbanger
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: A Matter of Life and Death is the best Iron Maiden album   A Matter of Life and Death is the best Iron Maiden album Icon_minitimeFri Aug 23, 2019 5:31 pm

A Matter of Life & Death is the best Iron Maiden album called A Matter of Life & Death.
Back to top Go down
akeldama
Metal is Forever
akeldama

Number of posts : 7831

PostSubject: Re: A Matter of Life and Death is the best Iron Maiden album   A Matter of Life and Death is the best Iron Maiden album Icon_minitimeFri Aug 23, 2019 6:08 pm

Lari wrote:
and anyone who says differently is wrong.

Agreed.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39573

PostSubject: Re: A Matter of Life and Death is the best Iron Maiden album   A Matter of Life and Death is the best Iron Maiden album Icon_minitimeFri Aug 23, 2019 6:22 pm

lol! Ok. It's a really good album but their best? I wouldn't go that far. I lean more to the X-Factor (Just kidding). I'm actually partial to Powerslave.
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: A Matter of Life and Death is the best Iron Maiden album   A Matter of Life and Death is the best Iron Maiden album Icon_minitimeFri Aug 23, 2019 7:05 pm

Hmmm, I put it third but I don't look down on anyone who'd put it first.
Back to top Go down
glassprison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
glassprison

Number of posts : 2959

PostSubject: Re: A Matter of Life and Death is the best Iron Maiden album   A Matter of Life and Death is the best Iron Maiden album Icon_minitimeFri Aug 23, 2019 8:48 pm

I like it, but when I was listening to their discography front to back last year this one really fell in my rankings. I think of their entire discography Bruce sounds the worst here. My suspicious is that it's largely due to the lackluster production. But choosing "The Reincarnation of Benjamin Breeg" didn't help. This song has no chorus hook at all, and Bruce is so out front of the backing music, it sounds terrible.

I do like the different direction they took with "Different World," but man, just listening to the opening riff, it sounds like they recorded it in a closet or something.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37645

PostSubject: Re: A Matter of Life and Death is the best Iron Maiden album   A Matter of Life and Death is the best Iron Maiden album Icon_minitimeFri Aug 23, 2019 9:05 pm

Powerslave or GTFO.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: A Matter of Life and Death is the best Iron Maiden album   A Matter of Life and Death is the best Iron Maiden album Icon_minitimeSat Aug 24, 2019 1:22 am

I would say you’re wrong. Piece of Mind or Number of the Beast.
Back to top Go down
Wrecked Neck
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

Number of posts : 2654

PostSubject: Re: A Matter of Life and Death is the best Iron Maiden album   A Matter of Life and Death is the best Iron Maiden album Icon_minitimeSat Aug 24, 2019 1:25 am

Not even close! It's not even the best Maiden album since Bruce came back. I listened to it several times when it was first released and still can't understand the love it gets. I'll listen to it right now and see if I change my tune, but I still say Brave New World is the best from when Bruce came back, and Killers is the best overall from any era.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9885

PostSubject: Re: A Matter of Life and Death is the best Iron Maiden album   A Matter of Life and Death is the best Iron Maiden album Icon_minitimeSat Aug 24, 2019 1:59 am

My choice would be Fear of the Dark. But all Maiden albums are very good (some more than others of course).
Back to top Go down
Wrecked Neck
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

Number of posts : 2654

PostSubject: Re: A Matter of Life and Death is the best Iron Maiden album   A Matter of Life and Death is the best Iron Maiden album Icon_minitimeSat Aug 24, 2019 2:20 am

Problem I am having with this album (2 songs to go before I'm done) and the rest of their new stuff is its all pretty formulaic. All the albums have the same sound, the drums are copy and paste from album to album, and they just drag on with every song trying to be some epic grand masterpiece. Nicko mcbrain is one of my favorite drummers, but the last few albums he does nothing new. Same beats, same fills, same tempo, same everything. Wish they would give up the long drawn out songs and change it up a bit like they did with the old stuff. And this is coming from a guy whose favorite songs are At War with Satan, Dantes Inferno, Satans Fall, and Anesthetize to name a few.

IDK, I love Maiden, but lately I can't listen to much post Fear of the Dark.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

PostSubject: Re: A Matter of Life and Death is the best Iron Maiden album   A Matter of Life and Death is the best Iron Maiden album Icon_minitimeSat Aug 24, 2019 2:25 am

It’s not my cup of tea. I find it too bloated and proggy.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: A Matter of Life and Death is the best Iron Maiden album   A Matter of Life and Death is the best Iron Maiden album Icon_minitimeSat Aug 24, 2019 7:18 am

glassprison wrote:
I like it, but when I was listening to their discography front to back last year this one really fell in my rankings. I think of their entire discography Bruce sounds the worst here. My suspicious is that it's largely due to the lackluster production. But choosing "The Reincarnation of Benjamin Breeg" didn't help. This song has no chorus hook at all, and Bruce is so out front of the backing music, it sounds terrible.

I do like the different direction they took with "Different World," but man, just listening to the opening riff, it sounds like they recorded it in a closet or something.
I think it sounds wonderful. Definitely not compressed or "enhanced" or over-produced like so many other 21st century CDs. The guitars have a nice live feel, loooose and rackety. Not tidied up. Rock and roll.
Back to top Go down
John Madden
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
John Madden

Number of posts : 272

PostSubject: Re: A Matter of Life and Death is the best Iron Maiden album   A Matter of Life and Death is the best Iron Maiden album Icon_minitimeSat Aug 24, 2019 7:54 am

The answer would be Somewhere in Time
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

PostSubject: Re: A Matter of Life and Death is the best Iron Maiden album   A Matter of Life and Death is the best Iron Maiden album Icon_minitimeSat Aug 24, 2019 11:47 am

SiT is my favorited also.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: A Matter of Life and Death is the best Iron Maiden album   A Matter of Life and Death is the best Iron Maiden album Icon_minitimeSat Aug 24, 2019 1:42 pm

I love the album personally, where I would rank, not so sure, but not sure if I would say it is their absolute best
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: A Matter of Life and Death is the best Iron Maiden album   A Matter of Life and Death is the best Iron Maiden album Icon_minitimeSat Aug 24, 2019 7:02 pm

Somewhere in Time is the best Maiden album! Epic vocals and songwriting, with arguably their most popular song Wasted Years!
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: A Matter of Life and Death is the best Iron Maiden album   A Matter of Life and Death is the best Iron Maiden album Icon_minitimeSun Aug 25, 2019 6:08 am

Troublezone wrote:
Somewhere in Time is the best Maiden album! Epic vocals and songwriting, with arguably their most popular song Wasted Years!
But the synth guitars makes it sound dated.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: A Matter of Life and Death is the best Iron Maiden album   A Matter of Life and Death is the best Iron Maiden album Icon_minitimeSun Aug 25, 2019 6:17 am

Lari wrote:
Troublezone wrote:

Not really... It’s part of the charm and unique sound. No such thing as dated If the songwriting is good. Even Metallica’s RTL still holds up against the modern crap of today.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: A Matter of Life and Death is the best Iron Maiden album   A Matter of Life and Death is the best Iron Maiden album Icon_minitimeSun Aug 25, 2019 6:27 am

Troublezone wrote:
Lari wrote:
Troublezone wrote:

Not really... It’s part of the charm and unique sound. No such thing as dated If the songwriting is good. Even Metallica’s RTL still holds up against the modern crap of today.
It wouldn't if it was recorded with synth guitars.
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7611

PostSubject: Re: A Matter of Life and Death is the best Iron Maiden album   A Matter of Life and Death is the best Iron Maiden album Icon_minitimeSun Aug 25, 2019 10:15 am

Their debut is their best.
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: A Matter of Life and Death is the best Iron Maiden album   A Matter of Life and Death is the best Iron Maiden album Icon_minitimeSun Aug 25, 2019 10:51 am

Lari wrote:
Troublezone wrote:
Lari wrote:
Troublezone wrote:

It wouldn't if it was recorded with synth guitars.

Thrash isn’t suitable for “synth” anything. Classic metal like Iron Maiden and Dio could mess around with it. You know keyboards and synth related stuff were big in the 80s.
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

PostSubject: Re: A Matter of Life and Death is the best Iron Maiden album   A Matter of Life and Death is the best Iron Maiden album Icon_minitimeSun Aug 25, 2019 10:59 am

All music from the 80's sounds dated, how music is recorded has completely changed. The question is whether the music was good to start with.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: A Matter of Life and Death is the best Iron Maiden album   A Matter of Life and Death is the best Iron Maiden album Icon_minitimeSun Aug 25, 2019 11:03 am

Dark Horseman wrote:
All music from the 80's sounds dated, how music is recorded has completely changed. The question is whether the music was good to start with.

Dude, 90s grunge sounds dated too...

“Nu Metal” as well. Staying power has always depended on the quality of the songwriting. Regardless of the decade.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Matter of Life and Death is the best Iron Maiden album   A Matter of Life and Death is the best Iron Maiden album Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A Matter of Life and Death is the best Iron Maiden album
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next