Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

It's that time again...for MORE UNPOPULAR OPINIONS!

Go down 
+31
MetalGuy71
anthrax_fan
Witchfinder
metalinmyveins
SideShowDisaSter
Lari
Temple of Blood
John Madden
the sentinel
ZombieHavoc
Citanul
Boris2008
Rami Airola
Wrecked Neck
glassprison
Thrasher73
scottmitchell74
DallasBlack
Hadley
Troublezone
Eyesore
Glower
Mglaffas81
Required Fields
BearOnUnicycle
Gilbert
tohostudios
James B.
Fat Freddy
corplhicks
35 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
AuthorMessage
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

It's that time again...for MORE UNPOPULAR OPINIONS! - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: It's that time again...for MORE UNPOPULAR OPINIONS!   It's that time again...for MORE UNPOPULAR OPINIONS! - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 18, 2020 1:04 am

Hadley wrote:
The  first Petra Praise album is also worthwhile IMO.

You're right; I don't give that more credit. I never cared for it much, has too much polish, but it still works and stands to be the greatest Praise & Worship CCM record ever. That's coming from someone who's had a weird rise & fall in his flavor for such music.

EDIT: Completely forgot about No Doubt! That's actually a killer album despite the stupid album cover. Catchy melodic hard rock at its finest.
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: It's that time again...for MORE UNPOPULAR OPINIONS!   It's that time again...for MORE UNPOPULAR OPINIONS! - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 18, 2020 10:39 am

I definitely think On Fire is their best work. They have some good albums and some just ok. My first was Captured in Time and Space then went on from there. Back to the Street was ok then I got This Means War I was like, “alright this is getting better”. But when they released On Fire, Wow! Total game changer! To me they’ve never topped it.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: It's that time again...for MORE UNPOPULAR OPINIONS!   It's that time again...for MORE UNPOPULAR OPINIONS! - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 20, 2020 2:14 am

Thrasher73 wrote:
I definitely think On Fire is their best work. They have some good albums and some just ok. My first was Captured in Time and Space then went on from there. Back to the Street was ok then I got This Means War I was like, “alright this is getting better”. But when they released On Fire, Wow! Total game changer! To me they’ve never topped it.

On Fire has a special place in my heart. I'm 13 and my mom is tipped off that I've begun to pick up a habit for rock and metal. Her solution is to take me to the Bible House (local bookstore) to discover some divinely-inspired artists. Petra is the first recommendation from the clerk and I take a few of the cassettes into the listening booth. Whaddya know, On Fire rips me to shreds. I'm totally wide-eyed at how heavy the album is, just having gotten into bands like AC/DC and Van Halen. I tell my mom, "if this is what Christian Rock is like, I am all in!." Of course, I began to embrace both ends of the spectrum. But man what an impact that album had on me.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37645

PostSubject: Re: It's that time again...for MORE UNPOPULAR OPINIONS!   It's that time again...for MORE UNPOPULAR OPINIONS! - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 20, 2020 1:10 pm

W.A.S.P. was way more fun before Blackie had his midlife crisis/religious conversion and he stopped wearing the flame throwing cod piece and performing "F*** Like A Beast"

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Big Rich
Metal master
Metal master
Big Rich

Number of posts : 675

PostSubject: Re: It's that time again...for MORE UNPOPULAR OPINIONS!   It's that time again...for MORE UNPOPULAR OPINIONS! - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 20, 2020 1:26 pm

Van Hagar is just as good as Roth's Van Halen because they stopped doing so many cover songs. Or at least releasing them as singles.

Stryper's Reborn is much better than most give it credit for.

Slayer is a horrible band and their hardcore fans were annoying in the 80's.

If Geoff tate got hit by a bus I wouldn't care.

Kind Diamond always had a great band but his voice is like nails on a chalkboard.

Metal should never be inundated with social justice politics. Metalheads are the most accepting group of people on the planet. Its where all the outcasts end up. As long as you're true,you'll be fine

Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

PostSubject: Re: It's that time again...for MORE UNPOPULAR OPINIONS!   It's that time again...for MORE UNPOPULAR OPINIONS! - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 20, 2020 5:16 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
W.A.S.P. was way more fun before Blackie had his midlife crisis/religious conversion and he stopped wearing the flame throwing cod piece and performing "F*** Like A Beast"

I think most fans agree with that.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: It's that time again...for MORE UNPOPULAR OPINIONS!   It's that time again...for MORE UNPOPULAR OPINIONS! - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 24, 2020 5:35 pm

"Melodic Rock" is a term made up by guys in their 40's who are too embarrassed to admit they still listen to "hair metal" like Trixter and Firehouse.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
John Madden
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
John Madden

Number of posts : 272

PostSubject: Re: It's that time again...for MORE UNPOPULAR OPINIONS!   It's that time again...for MORE UNPOPULAR OPINIONS! - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 24, 2020 5:44 pm

Kyuss was better than Queens of the Stone Age
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: It's that time again...for MORE UNPOPULAR OPINIONS!   It's that time again...for MORE UNPOPULAR OPINIONS! - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 24, 2020 5:50 pm

John Madden wrote:

Definitely!
Back to top Go down
Hadley
Metal master
Metal master

Number of posts : 991

PostSubject: Re: It's that time again...for MORE UNPOPULAR OPINIONS!   It's that time again...for MORE UNPOPULAR OPINIONS! - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 25, 2020 8:33 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
"Melodic Rock" is a term made up by guys in their 40's who are too embarrassed to admit they still listen to "hair metal" like Trixter and Firehouse.

Of course, "hair metal" doesnt really work either as hair doesnt have much of a bearing on the music. Best alternative I've found is "pop metal".
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25863

PostSubject: Re: It's that time again...for MORE UNPOPULAR OPINIONS!   It's that time again...for MORE UNPOPULAR OPINIONS! - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 25, 2020 1:34 pm

John Madden wrote:

I agree!!!
Back to top Go down
Hadley
Metal master
Metal master

Number of posts : 991

PostSubject: Re: It's that time again...for MORE UNPOPULAR OPINIONS!   It's that time again...for MORE UNPOPULAR OPINIONS! - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 09, 2020 1:04 am

I like the Helloween "joke" songs, yes, even Heavy Metal Hamsters.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39573

PostSubject: Re: It's that time again...for MORE UNPOPULAR OPINIONS!   It's that time again...for MORE UNPOPULAR OPINIONS! - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 09, 2020 6:22 am

Hadley wrote:
I like the Helloween "joke" songs, yes, even Heavy Metal Hamsters.

lol! Same here!
Back to top Go down
brokentulsa
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
brokentulsa

Number of posts : 1779

PostSubject: Re: It's that time again...for MORE UNPOPULAR OPINIONS!   It's that time again...for MORE UNPOPULAR OPINIONS! - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2020 6:10 pm

Dokken is just as good without Lynch as they are with him...

Kiss has never been as good as they were with the original lineup...

Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: It's that time again...for MORE UNPOPULAR OPINIONS!   It's that time again...for MORE UNPOPULAR OPINIONS! - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 08, 2020 1:34 pm

Paul Shortino is a great singer who unfortunately has never been part of a band that was worthy of his talents.

Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25863

PostSubject: Re: It's that time again...for MORE UNPOPULAR OPINIONS!   It's that time again...for MORE UNPOPULAR OPINIONS! - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 08, 2020 3:59 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Paul Shortino is a great singer who unfortunately has never been part of a band that was worthy of his talents.

That's nothing but the truth!
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12618

PostSubject: Re: It's that time again...for MORE UNPOPULAR OPINIONS!   It's that time again...for MORE UNPOPULAR OPINIONS! - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 08, 2020 7:26 pm

nevermore wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:

That's nothing but the truth!

I concur (something me and John B totally agree on) \'arry \'eadbanger

Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12618

PostSubject: Re: It's that time again...for MORE UNPOPULAR OPINIONS!   It's that time again...for MORE UNPOPULAR OPINIONS! - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 08, 2020 7:32 pm

Tommy & Frankie are the BEST tandem guitar duo to come out of the 80's

Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: It's that time again...for MORE UNPOPULAR OPINIONS!   It's that time again...for MORE UNPOPULAR OPINIONS! - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 08, 2020 9:21 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:

You are correct sir!
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: It's that time again...for MORE UNPOPULAR OPINIONS!   It's that time again...for MORE UNPOPULAR OPINIONS! - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 27, 2020 4:13 pm

The Ultra-Violence is the only Death Angel album you need.

Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9885

PostSubject: Re: It's that time again...for MORE UNPOPULAR OPINIONS!   It's that time again...for MORE UNPOPULAR OPINIONS! - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 27, 2020 5:20 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:

Man, i cannot seem to find a copy of this one. It should be reissued.
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: It's that time again...for MORE UNPOPULAR OPINIONS!   It's that time again...for MORE UNPOPULAR OPINIONS! - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 27, 2020 6:27 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:

Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39573

PostSubject: Re: It's that time again...for MORE UNPOPULAR OPINIONS!   It's that time again...for MORE UNPOPULAR OPINIONS! - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 27, 2020 6:35 pm

lol!

Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: It's that time again...for MORE UNPOPULAR OPINIONS!   It's that time again...for MORE UNPOPULAR OPINIONS! - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 27, 2020 9:59 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:

Frolic Though the Park is good too.

Last edited by Troublezone on Fri Nov 13, 2020 9:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: It's that time again...for MORE UNPOPULAR OPINIONS!   It's that time again...for MORE UNPOPULAR OPINIONS! - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 13, 2020 9:27 pm

I know this will ruffle a few feathers...

I think Belladonna’s s/t debut album is better than any of the Bush-thrax stuff. Although I do like John Bush in Armored Saint a lot.

Joey’s vocal melodies are amazing!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: It's that time again...for MORE UNPOPULAR OPINIONS!   It's that time again...for MORE UNPOPULAR OPINIONS! - Page 9 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

It's that time again...for MORE UNPOPULAR OPINIONS!
Page 9 of 12Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next