Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Biggest Disappointment

Go down 
+29
Eyesore
7thSecond
MetalGuy71
Lurideath
James B.
Thrasher73
Thelemech
Lari
CRIMSONMASK
Hadley
nevermore
glassprison
BearOnUnicycle
Temple of Blood
candlemass
Glower
Olafsto
akeldama
manny
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS
Wrecked Neck
Boris2008
Troublezone
Witchfinder
brokentulsa
Fat Freddy
tohostudios
Shawn Of Fire
the sentinel
33 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

Biggest Disappointment - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Biggest Disappointment   Biggest Disappointment - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 21, 2018 9:48 pm

Chinese Democracy by GNR.

After 17 years, it was a huge disappointment to say the least!
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

PostSubject: Re: Biggest Disappointment   Biggest Disappointment - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 21, 2018 9:57 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:
I personally love OU812.  I don't think it's any worse than 5150 or really any other VH album except the debut.  Excellent hard rock.  The production is unique and maybe that turns some folks off.

I agree! It's a great polished hard rock album with great vocals from Sammy. I may even like it better than 5150.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Biggest Disappointment   Biggest Disappointment - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 01, 2018 12:26 pm

Witchfinder wrote:
Metallica - Load - the obvious choice.  Metal was flat on its ass and these clowns did nothing to help that situation. There will never be a more disappointing album than this for me.

I'd say that one's mine too. It just signaled the end of an era for me. The sound, the look, pretty much everything about the band changed with that album and they've never really recovered.

While I was really disappointed with Megadeth's 'Risk' album at the time, they were able to right the ship without damaging their reputation too much later down the road. Metallica? Not so much.

Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7613

PostSubject: Re: Biggest Disappointment   Biggest Disappointment - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 01, 2018 2:28 pm

James B. wrote:
When The Mirror Cracked by Q5

Great pick! That is such a steaming turd compared to their excellent first album.
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
7thSecond
Metal master
Metal master
7thSecond

Number of posts : 665

PostSubject: Re: Biggest Disappointment   Biggest Disappointment - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 01, 2018 8:34 pm

7 Seconds - New Wind WTF????
D.R.I. - Crossover WTF????
Suicidal Tendencies- Join The Army WTF????
C.O.C. - Blind WTF????
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Biggest Disappointment   Biggest Disappointment - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 01, 2018 9:52 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Witchfinder wrote:
Metallica - Load - the obvious choice.  Metal was flat on its ass and these clowns did nothing to help that situation. There will never be a more disappointing album than this for me.

I'd say that one's mine too. It just signaled the end of an era for me. The sound, the look, pretty much everything about the band changed with that album and they've never really recovered.

While I was really disappointed with Megadeth's 'Risk' album at the time, they were able to right the ship without damaging their reputation too much later down the road. Metallica? Not so much.

I was actually talking Metallica with a coworker the other day and we both kind of agrees that if "Death Magnetic" was the album released in place of "St, Anger" they probably would have fared better and would have regained and held some fans who had turned away after the Load/ Reload era. I also posited that if they had dusted off some old stuff (al Van Halen and Scorpions) it might have helped them "return to the roots" a bit more and recapture some lost magic. Just the sentinel's two pennies.
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

PostSubject: Re: Biggest Disappointment   Biggest Disappointment - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 03, 2018 9:31 am

Biggest Disappointment - Page 4 Queensryche_-_Tribe_cover

So, yeah, this one. I had high hopes as I had enjoyed the previous few QR albums (Promised Land, Hear In The Now Frontier, and Q2K) and played them pretty regularly while writing papers for college. The flames of hope were further stoked by the PR stunt of saying Chris DeGarmo was coming back. I remember grabbing this one pretty much as soon as it came out and gave it a fair shake. But, much like OU812, it just left me flat. After several spins, nothing except the chorus to the title track stuck with me. A few years back, when QR came back with Todd L. I went on a major kick for all of the albums and tried again with this one. But nothing. I think American Soldier is even worse than this album, but I never had any hopes for that one. I already knew it was going to suck. Haha.
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: Biggest Disappointment   Biggest Disappointment - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 05, 2018 8:38 am

On a more recent tip. I still find it difficult to fathom how a band as kiss ass as Tengger Cavalry

Can suddenly start churning out dogshit like this!

Back to top Go down
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood

Number of posts : 2998

PostSubject: Re: Biggest Disappointment   Biggest Disappointment - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 07, 2018 6:22 pm

One word - Wolfie.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: Biggest Disappointment   Biggest Disappointment - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 07, 2018 11:24 pm

the sentinel wrote:
Biggest Disappointment - Page 4 Queensryche_-_Tribe_cover

So, yeah, this one. I had high hopes as I had enjoyed the previous few QR albums (Promised Land, Hear In The Now Frontier, and Q2K) and played them pretty regularly while writing papers for college. The flames of hope were further stoked by the PR stunt of saying Chris DeGarmo was coming back. I remember grabbing this one pretty much as soon as it came out and gave it a fair shake. But, much like OU812, it just left me flat. After several spins, nothing except the chorus to the title track stuck with me. A few years back, when QR came back with Todd L. I went on a major kick for all of the albums and tried again with this one. But nothing. I think American Soldier is even worse than this album, but I never had any hopes for that one. I already knew it was going to suck. Haha.

Yeah, this one is decent, the wheels hadn't completely fallen off yet, but there isn't even a single great song on it. At least American Soldier, which is pretty awful, had one great song ("At 30,000 Feet").
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: Biggest Disappointment   Biggest Disappointment - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 07, 2018 11:26 pm

7thSecond wrote:
C.O.C. - Blind WTF????

Shocked

Those albums are badass!
Back to top Go down
Hadley
Metal master
Metal master

Number of posts : 991

PostSubject: Re: Biggest Disappointment   Biggest Disappointment - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 09, 2018 8:36 am

Ratt-S/T. I dont know what they were going for here, but it wasnt Ratt.
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Biggest Disappointment   Biggest Disappointment - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2018 4:32 am

Eyesore wrote:
7thSecond wrote:
C.O.C. - Blind WTF????

Shocked

Those albums are badass!

Yes they are! Sorry 7th but your choices are WTF???? Lol
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

PostSubject: Re: Biggest Disappointment   Biggest Disappointment - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2018 6:18 pm

Thrasher73 wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
7thSecond wrote:
C.O.C. - Blind WTF????

Shocked

Those albums are badass!

I agree with him and voiced the same sentiments. It's not that those albums were bad but they were big shifts from what they were and not everyone (particularly punks) dug it
Back to top Go down
candlemass
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

Number of posts : 2096

PostSubject: Re: Biggest Disappointment   Biggest Disappointment - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2018 8:53 pm

Lurideath wrote:
glassprison wrote:
Biggest Disappointment - Page 4 7182UxUHZOL._SY355_

To quote from the No Life Til metal review, "David Raymond Reeves is a great singer, but at times he almost sounds like he may be singing drunk."

I agree with this too! That 1stalbum was killer then they seemed to not care and this was and is garbage!

This is the only one I have by them and haven't spun it in like forever! So I gave it a spin tonight...hey, I quite like it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/fragilegothband
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

PostSubject: Re: Biggest Disappointment   Biggest Disappointment - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 11, 2018 3:18 pm

Megadeth - Supercollider

Remember when Dave said it had a Killing is my Business vibe! angry
Back to top Go down
7thSecond
Metal master
Metal master
7thSecond

Number of posts : 665

PostSubject: Re: Biggest Disappointment   Biggest Disappointment - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 11, 2018 7:59 pm

Thrasher73 wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
7thSecond wrote:
C.O.C. - Blind WTF????

Shocked

Those albums are badass!

I agree, now. But at the time, it was definitely like, WTF? Really extreme changes with all of the albums that I listed.
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

PostSubject: Re: Biggest Disappointment   Biggest Disappointment - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 13, 2018 8:06 am

Music in general
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Biggest Disappointment   Biggest Disappointment - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 13, 2018 2:22 pm

Boris2008 wrote:
Megadeth - Supercollider

Yeah, good pick. I think only the opening track was good.
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28454

PostSubject: Re: Biggest Disappointment   Biggest Disappointment - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 13, 2018 8:32 pm

Boris2008 wrote:
Megadeth - Supercollider

I don't recall him saying that. Care to point me to a link where he stated that?

But I do recall reading in Brave Words & Bloody Knuckles magazine, Scott Ian talked about what eventually ended up being We've Come for You All, and mentioned it being their thrashiest album yet. It ended up being their least thrashy album to date.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7613

PostSubject: Re: Biggest Disappointment   Biggest Disappointment - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 13, 2018 8:47 pm

Required Fields wrote:
Boris2008 wrote:
Megadeth - Supercollider

I don't recall him saying that. Care to point me to a link where he stated that?

But I do recall reading in Brave Words & Bloody Knuckles magazine, Scott Ian talked about what eventually ended up being We've Come for You All, and mentioned it being their thrashiest album yet. It ended up being their least thrashy album to date.

https://www.guitarworld.com/magazine/atomic-punks-dave-mustaine-and-chris-broderick

A quote from that article: "Dave Ellefson has said that parts of the new record reminded him of Killing Is My Business… and Business Is Good!"

Chris Broderick from the same article, "When I hear a rhythm like the one at the end of “Dance in the Rain,” I start thinking about songs like “Rattlehead” [from Killing Is My Business…] and all of that older stuff that has so much angst to it."

So at least some guys in Megadeth were making those comparisons.
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

PostSubject: Re: Biggest Disappointment   Biggest Disappointment - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 13, 2018 9:49 pm

Required Fields wrote:
Boris2008 wrote:
Megadeth - Supercollider

I am not going to debate what is a bands "thrashiest album" and I know you didn't list it as a disappointment, but I have to say I do like that album. I crank WCFYA a lot in the weight room.
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

PostSubject: Re: Biggest Disappointment   Biggest Disappointment - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 13, 2018 9:57 pm

So,,, the next entry, from a few years back:
Biggest Disappointment - Page 4 Great_White_Rising_Album_Cover

I have been a GW fan for a very long time. It took a bit of time to get back into the band again after the Station Fire (it was located less than a half hours drive from where I grew up) as the two entities are inextricably forevermore. I remember being so hyped for this one and it committed the cardinal sin (to me anyway) in music of just being plain boring. I kept waiting for it to rock and it just...sucked. Especially after the terrific "Back to the Rhythm" this thing was a stinkin' turd. Nuff said. I spun it a few times the first week and haven't gone back since.
Back to top Go down
Doomdance
Metal student
Metal student
Doomdance

Number of posts : 112

PostSubject: Re: Biggest Disappointment   Biggest Disappointment - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 18, 2018 12:44 pm

Hahaha, without a doubt: Kiss - Peter Criss.
As a youngster and drummer I always loved the catman, but damn that album is so bad.. I hated it from the start and tried it a few times. I still hate it..
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28454

PostSubject: Re: Biggest Disappointment   Biggest Disappointment - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 18, 2018 1:01 pm

Doomdance wrote:
Hahaha, without a doubt: Kiss - Peter Criss.
As a youngster and drummer I always loved the catman, but damn that album is so bad.. I hated it from the start and tried it a few times. I still hate it..

A couple of excerpts from Scott's NLTM review of it from years ago:

Quote :
Picture Peter Criss wearing red velvet and playing Las Vegas with his backing band, the Cheeze Muffins.

Quote :
With song titles like "That's the Kind of Sugar Papa Likes" do I really need to say any more? 'Nuff said!

lol!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Biggest Disappointment   Biggest Disappointment - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Biggest Disappointment
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next