Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Joe Perry--Sweetzerland Manifesto

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
glassprison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
glassprison

Number of posts : 2959

Joe Perry--Sweetzerland Manifesto Empty
PostSubject: Joe Perry--Sweetzerland Manifesto   Joe Perry--Sweetzerland Manifesto Icon_minitimeFri Jan 19, 2018 10:03 pm

Back to top Go down
Highway Star
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Highway Star

Number of posts : 480

PostSubject: Re: Joe Perry--Sweetzerland Manifesto   Joe Perry--Sweetzerland Manifesto Icon_minitimeSat Jan 20, 2018 11:05 pm

Amazon has samples of the whole album, and they all sound as bad as the song above.
I was really looking forward to this before, but after hearing it I will skip this one.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Joe Perry--Sweetzerland Manifesto   Joe Perry--Sweetzerland Manifesto Icon_minitimeSun Jan 21, 2018 7:53 am

I will grab it, because I am a major Aerosmith fan, hopefully it grow on me...like a wart
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Joe Perry--Sweetzerland Manifesto   Joe Perry--Sweetzerland Manifesto Icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2018 9:36 am

It's a bizarre track and an even more bizarre choice to open the album with it. It should be last track so the albums just fades out with it.

The album's title is weird too, but I'm not too fussed by it. I'm sure it means something to Joe, so whatever.

Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: Joe Perry--Sweetzerland Manifesto   Joe Perry--Sweetzerland Manifesto Icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2018 11:45 am

I think that track morphs into the next song. Overall, the songs are ok but nothing spectacular, Aye Aye Aye with Zander is pretty good but feels unfinished.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Joe Perry--Sweetzerland Manifesto   Joe Perry--Sweetzerland Manifesto Icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2018 1:10 pm

I played it through a few times this morning and it's kinda disappointing. Nothing really stands out or stays with me after it's over. Perhaps that will change over time, but so far, this new album falls flat.

Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: Joe Perry--Sweetzerland Manifesto   Joe Perry--Sweetzerland Manifesto Icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2018 2:09 pm

Kind of like the last few Aerosmith albums.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Joe Perry--Sweetzerland Manifesto   Joe Perry--Sweetzerland Manifesto Icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2018 3:36 pm

Joe's last 2 solo albums sounded like songs written with Aerosmith in mind (for the most part). When that didn't happen, he just recorded them himself. Now that Aerosmith is on hiatus or whatever, this new album seems a little more experimental or something. Like he can write whatever he wants without being pigeon-holed as "the Aerosmith guitarist".

Some would say that's the very definition of a solo album. A chance to spread out from the norm. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. Right now, my opinion is that it doesn't. Maybe that will change.

Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Highway Star

Number of posts : 480

PostSubject: Re: Joe Perry--Sweetzerland Manifesto   Joe Perry--Sweetzerland Manifesto Icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2018 4:51 pm

I was hoping it would be more in line with the Joe Perry project albums.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Joe Perry--Sweetzerland Manifesto   Joe Perry--Sweetzerland Manifesto Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Joe Perry--Sweetzerland Manifesto
Page 1 of 1