Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Joe Perry Christmas EP

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Joe Perry Christmas EP Empty
PostSubject: Joe Perry Christmas EP   Joe Perry Christmas EP Icon_minitimeMon Dec 08, 2014 11:16 am

Joe Perry released a 4-song ep of Christmas tunes.

Joe Perry Christmas EP Joeperrychristmasep

Joe Perry has just issued a four-song EP, "Joe Perry's Merry Christmas", via Unison Music Group. Perry's first-ever collection of holiday songs features four Christmas classics:

"White Christmas"
"Silent Night"
"Santa Claus Is Back In Town"
"Run Run Rudolph" with Johnny Depp on rhythm guitar.

"I have wanted to do a Christmas CD with AEROSMITH for years, but it seems we never have the time to record one," Joe says. "When my 'Rocks' book tour ended, the timing was right — we were in L.A. with access to a studio with some really talented friends and it all fell together. I was finally able to record some Christmas classics for the fans."

Question: With so many holiday songs out there, how did you choose these selections? And, why did you choose to record some as instrumentals and others as vocal tracks?

Joe Perry: "The two instrumentals are among the 10 most popular Christmas songs. Almost everyone knows the lyrics to 'Silent Night' and 'White Christmas', so we treated them as songs that people could sing along to, while staying close to the classic versions everyone knows. The two vocal songs, 'Santa's Back in Town' and 'Run Run Rudolph' are rockers made famous by Elvis and Chuck Berry. They are probably less well known so you would have to hear the lyrics to know they are Christmas songs. They are two of my favorite holiday songs."

Order it here...
http://unisonmusic.com/joeperry/

Or on itunes

Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Joe Perry Christmas EP   Joe Perry Christmas EP Icon_minitimeMon Dec 08, 2014 3:40 pm

Digital only?

Joes' done some Christmas songs in the past as well. Probably has enough for a full length Christmas album.

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Joe Perry Christmas EP   Joe Perry Christmas EP Icon_minitimeMon Dec 08, 2014 4:06 pm

ultmetal wrote:
Digital only?

Joes' done some Christmas songs in the past as well. Probably has enough for a full length Christmas album.

No. Click on the Unison Music link. You have a choice of digital download or cd ($4.99 +s/h). Don't know if it's a cheap cdr or what, but the option is there.

Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Joe Perry Christmas EP   Joe Perry Christmas EP Icon_minitimeMon Dec 08, 2014 4:45 pm

$4.99 plus $4.98 shipping.

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Joe Perry Christmas EP   Joe Perry Christmas EP Icon_minitimeTue Dec 09, 2014 10:03 am

ultmetal wrote:
$4.99 plus $4.98 shipping.

Geez. $10 for 4 songs? Might have to pass on that one. Sorry Joe.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Glower

Number of posts : 3163

PostSubject: Re: Joe Perry Christmas EP   Joe Perry Christmas EP Icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2014 6:33 am

Times have changed - for sure - lol - didn't buy his book -
"Walk This Way " book - is just too damn good to be topped - it says it all -
The band in the 1970's would have kicked Joe out - if he suggested such things !
Steven Tyler was on a Christmas special -CMA awards?- wow - he looked over the top -
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Joe Perry Christmas EP   Joe Perry Christmas EP Icon_minitimeThu Dec 11, 2014 3:13 pm

Now with visuals!!

PostSubject: Re: Joe Perry Christmas EP   Joe Perry Christmas EP Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Joe Perry Christmas EP
Page 1 of 1