Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018

Go down 
+16
James B.
Wrecked Neck
Witchfinder
manny
akeldama
Stender
corplhicks
SideShowDisaSter
Required Fields
MetalGuy71
Leatherface
Highway Star
tohostudios
nevermore
Fat Freddy
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 32 ... 38  Next
AuthorMessage
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37646

TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 26 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 26 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 02, 2018 4:28 pm

"Religulous" (2008)

Comedian/commentator and skeptic Bill Maher teams with director Larry "Curb Your Enthusiasm" Charles for this documentary about religion. Bill travels around the globe, meets believers from all the major world faiths, and eventually comes to the conclusion that they're all pretty much totally insane. Funny and thought provoking stuff. Of course, your mileage may vary depending on your level of religiosity.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 26 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 03, 2018 10:58 am

"The Lodgers" (2017)

In 1920s Ireland, a peculiar pair of twin siblings live alone in their family's crumbling estate, adhering to a set of strict "rules" in order to keep their cellar-dwelling family curse locked away. However, when Sister meets a handsome outsider who might be her ticket out of this life of misery, all Hell starts to break loose.

This atmospheric, stylish Gothic horror flick isn't particularly scary but it's well acted and nice to look at. If you like period-piece spooky stuff like "The Woman In Black," "The Others" or "Don't Be Afraid of the Dark," this one should be up your alley as well.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 26 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 03, 2018 6:27 pm

It's too early for Schlock-Tober but I couldn't pass this up when I stumbled across it this afternoon:
"House By The Cemetery" (1981)

A paranormal researcher and his family move into a house that has been the site of numerous murders and suicides. Needless to say, it turns out badly for all of them in this low budget, extremely gory "Amityville"/"The Shining" knock off directed by Spaghetti splatter maven Lucio Fulci. This flick doesn't make a lick of sense but it's strangely entertaining anyway.

Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39597

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 26 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 04, 2018 6:13 am

Fear The Walking Dead
Back to top Go down
SideShowDisaSter
Roo Jockey
SideShowDisaSter

Number of posts : 4601

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 26 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 04, 2018 8:37 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
"Not Quite Hollywood: The Wild, Untold Story of Ozploitation" (2008)

B-Movie documentarian Mark Hartley of "Electric Boogaloo" fame zooms in on the Australian exploitation film scene. When Aussie censorship laws were loosened in the early 70s, local filmmakers responded with a wave of home grown raunchy sex comedies, gory horror films and ultra-violent car crashin' action flicks that packed drive-ins across Oz and became video-store staples around the world. Includes lots of clips from trashy classics like "Patrick," " Razorback, " "Roadgames" and "Mad Max" as well as interviews with directors like Brian Trenchard-Smith and Russell Mulcahy, stars like former 007 George Lazenby, Barry "Dame Edna" Humphries and Jamie Lee Curtis, and junk-film fan boy Quentin Tarantino. Entertaining and informative stuff - I added at least a dozen movies to my "must watch" list!

That Doco was great! I saw that about 7 or 8 years ago. I've seen most of the movies mentioned (about half prior to seeing the doco, the other half since). Turkey Shoot was a RIOT! Patrick was also enjoyable. Razorback is great B-movie fun!

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 26 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 05, 2018 3:08 am

^^ Cool, man! A few days ago I found "Patrick" on one of my free streaming channels so that's on my list to check out soon...

I also learned that Mark Hartley, who directed that doc, also directed a remake of "Patrick" some years ago called "Patrick: Evil Awakens" (or something like that)... will prob check that one out too.

Last edited by Fat Freddy on Wed Sep 05, 2018 6:06 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 26 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 05, 2018 4:03 am

Castle Rock
Back to top Go down
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 18939

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 26 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 05, 2018 1:14 pm

Monday Night Raw
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 26 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 05, 2018 1:56 pm

SideShowDisaSter wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
"Not Quite Hollywood: The Wild, Untold Story of Ozploitation" (2008)

B-Movie documentarian Mark Hartley of "Electric Boogaloo" fame zooms in on the Australian exploitation film scene. When Aussie censorship laws were loosened in the early 70s, local filmmakers responded with a wave of home grown raunchy sex comedies, gory horror films and ultra-violent car crashin' action flicks that packed drive-ins across Oz and became video-store staples around the world. Includes lots of clips from trashy classics like "Patrick," " Razorback, " "Roadgames" and "Mad Max" as well as interviews with directors like Brian Trenchard-Smith and Russell Mulcahy, stars like former 007 George Lazenby, Barry "Dame Edna" Humphries and Jamie Lee Curtis, and junk-film fan boy Quentin Tarantino. Entertaining and informative stuff - I added at least a dozen movies to my "must watch" list!

That Doco was great!  I saw that about 7 or 8 years ago.  I've seen most of the movies mentioned (about half prior to seeing the doco, the other half since).  Turkey Shoot was a RIOT!  Patrick was also enjoyable.  Razorback is great B-movie fun!

Another "good" review of Turkey Shoot.  Now I guess I need to dig that old chestnut out of the Toho DVD archives and watch it again.  I remember being bored out of my skull and thinking "WTF?" a lot.  But I may have gone into it thinking it was a serious movie.  Who knows, it was (to use FF parlance) dog year's ago.

Roo Jockey
SideShowDisaSter

Number of posts : 4601

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 26 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 05, 2018 3:40 pm

I don't think there is a single movie from that Doco that should be taken with any level of seriousness. Laughing Laughing All of them are B-grade (probably even C or D-grade). If you go in expecting ridiculousness, you'll get a lot more mileage from the films mentioned.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 26 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 06, 2018 2:16 am

Got caught up on Castle Rock
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 26 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 08, 2018 5:07 am

"Deadlier Than The Male" (1967)

Jet-setting investigator Hugh Drummond (Richard Johnson) is called into action when several oil-company executives are murdered by a pair of gorgeous female assassins (Elke Sommer and Sylva Koscina). This is one of the better mid 60s James Bond knock offs, with lots of action and female eye candy. Seriously fellas, watch this just for Elke Sommer, she was st00pid hot back then!!

Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 26 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 08, 2018 7:08 am

Love And Let Die (1973)

Roger Moore's first outing as James Bond, wherein Bond takes on a heroin dealing, voodoo using crimelord. Decent enough but not one of the better Bond flicks.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 26 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 08, 2018 4:16 pm

^^^^^^^^^^

But one of the better Bond theme songs IMO.  I think that song is great!

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 26 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 08, 2018 6:44 pm

"Firepower" (1979)

Two mercenaries (James Coburn and O.J. Simpson) and a grieving widow (Sophia Loren) plot to take down a mysterious billionaire hidden away in an island fortress. Cars crash, stuff blows up, bullets fly.
Despite its impressive cast and Michael "Death Wish" Winner in the directors' chair, this was a fairly dull caper/adventure flick with a muddled plot that goes in circles till the big shoot'em up in the final act. Skip it.

"Tales of Halloween" (2015)

Ten short terror tales set in the same small town on All Hallows' Eve. Highlights include a pack of killer kids, a friendly alien vs. a psycho killer, and man-eating jack o'lanterns. Not every "tale" is a home run but it's mostly fast, gory, funny stuff.

Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 26 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 09, 2018 2:22 pm

tohostudios wrote:
^^^^^^^^^^

But one of the better Bond theme songs IMO.  I think that song is great!

So true
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 26 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 09, 2018 3:05 pm

"Black Panther" (2018)

In Marvel's mega-hit, the heroic Black Panther - aka King T'Challa of the tiny, technologically advanced African nation of Wakanda - must defend his throne and his country from a takeover masterminded by the ruthless Killmonger.
Visually, this may be the most impressive Marvel movie yet, even if the story is pretty typical super-hero origin stuff. I wasn't nearly as blown away as some seemed to be but it was a decent one-time watch.

Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 26 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 09, 2018 4:04 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
"Black Panther" (2018)

In Marvel's mega-hit, the heroic Black Panther - aka King T'Challa of the tiny, technologically advanced African nation of Wakanda - must defend his throne and his country from a takeover masterminded by the ruthless Killmonger.
Visually, this may be the most impressive Marvel movie yet, even if the story is pretty typical super-hero origin stuff. I wasn't nearly as blown away as some seemed to be but it was a decent one-time watch.

I thought it was awesome. Excellent story and villains
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 26 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 09, 2018 4:15 pm

^^ don't get me wrong, I enjoyed it, but I think I'm starting to get burned out on superhero movies in general.

Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 26 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 09, 2018 7:05 pm

"The Terminators" (2009)

In the near future, humanity's android servants suddenly turn against them. After much shooting, blasting and crashing, a small group of human survivors attempts to penetrate the orbiting space station which houses the androids' electronic "brain" and shut them all down.
The Asylum's shit-house knockoff of "Terminator: Salvation" is mostly awful, of course, but it's so blatant that eventually it becomes silly entertainment in its own right.

Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 26 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 10, 2018 1:59 am

Fear The Walking Dead
Back to top Go down
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 18939

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 26 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 12, 2018 10:20 pm

Prom Night(2008)-a high school students prom is turned into a killing field when the stalker that killed her family escapes from an asylum to look for her in this in name only remake of the 1980s original. It sucked. I give it .5 out of 5 chainsaws. Review based on "unrated" version. Unrated my ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 26 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 13, 2018 1:35 am

Castle Rock
Friday the 13th:The Series
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 26 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 13, 2018 3:04 am

Leatherface wrote:
Prom Night(2008)-a high school students prom is turned into a killing field  when the stalker that killed her family escapes from an asylum to look for her in this in name only remake of the 1980s original.  It sucked.  I give it .5 out of 5 chainsaws.  Review based on "unrated" version.  Unrated my ass.

Ooh yeah that was friggin terrible, haha.
We also rented the "UNRATED" version years ago, it was so lame that I can only imagine how weak the original theatrical version must have been!

Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 26 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 14, 2018 3:54 am

"And Now For Something Completely Different" (1971)

The Monty Python troupe's first theatrical feature is basically an early "highlight reel," as they re-create some of the best bits from their BBC program, including the "Lumberjack Song," the "Dead Parrot Sketch," and the "Upper-Class Twit Of The Year Competition," with Terry Gilliam's surreal animations in between segments.
"Flying Circus" hadn't aired in the U.S. yet when this film was made, so "Completely Different" also served as America's introduction to the Pythons..."and there was much rejoicing!" Smile

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 26 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018
Page 26 of 38Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 32 ... 38  Next