Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Joe Perry collapses on stage

Go down 
+7
Gilbert
Addy
muckie
nevermore
Fat Freddy
Glower
mikeinfla
11 posters
AuthorMessage
mikeinfla
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

Number of posts : 2477

Joe Perry collapses on stage Empty
PostSubject: Joe Perry collapses on stage   Joe Perry collapses on stage Icon_minitimeMon Jul 11, 2016 7:25 am

Tragic, let's hope for a speedy recovery

http://www.nbcnews.com/pop-culture/music/aerosmith-guitarist-joe-perry-collapses-stage-new-york-n606896
Back to top Go down
Glower
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Glower

Number of posts : 3163

PostSubject: Re: Joe Perry collapses on stage   Joe Perry collapses on stage Icon_minitimeMon Jul 11, 2016 10:19 am

It's bound to happen...rock.....stage...lights...loud sound...cheering....
Fans wanting autographs and hand shakes and interviews...
I'm 51....and tire out easily enough....in a normal way....when exerting myself....
It's the way it is
These older aging rockers, who keep carrying on,
they gotta take these health things into account....

Lemmy partied to the end...that's how tough he was.
Can't wait for more books to come out about him.
Ace Of Spades !
The Ramones....they died in their 50's...a super real road band.
Anyways...

The audiences are young people mostly,
Bouncing about and enjoying a night out for themselves...
Mick Jagger....Keith Richards....damn. Ozzy.
Even King Diamond. Joe Perry collapses on stage 438278
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37625

PostSubject: Re: Joe Perry collapses on stage   Joe Perry collapses on stage Icon_minitimeMon Jul 11, 2016 10:46 am

Heard about this on the news this AM. Hang in there Joe! You have an Aerosmith farewell tour coming up!!

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25796

PostSubject: Re: Joe Perry collapses on stage   Joe Perry collapses on stage Icon_minitimeMon Jul 11, 2016 11:19 am

I hope he makes a speedy recovery.
Back to top Go down
muckie
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
muckie

Number of posts : 493

PostSubject: Re: Joe Perry collapses on stage   Joe Perry collapses on stage Icon_minitimeMon Jul 11, 2016 11:20 am

Hearing about this a lot lately. Like our friend Glower said, it's age. A lot of rockers dying in the last three years too because the time is ripe to kick the can for those grandpa rockers who've been with us since the golden years of rock and roll. Chuck Berry is another case. One of the true grand-daddies of R 'n R and he has fainted a few times in recent years. Can't even play on key anymore from what I've been told too, but he's far outlived many of his fellow musicians in the industry, even as an active performer. The man is 89 years old!!
Back to top Go down
Glower
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Glower

Number of posts : 3163

PostSubject: Re: Joe Perry collapses on stage   Joe Perry collapses on stage Icon_minitimeMon Jul 11, 2016 11:32 am

Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

PostSubject: Re: Joe Perry collapses on stage   Joe Perry collapses on stage Icon_minitimeMon Jul 11, 2016 2:16 pm

Any idea on what caused his collapse?
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Joe Perry collapses on stage   Joe Perry collapses on stage Icon_minitimeMon Jul 11, 2016 2:34 pm

Addy wrote:
Any idea on what caused his collapse?

I don't think there's been an official diagnosis announced yet, tho rumor seems to indicate that he may have suffered a minor heart attack.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9874

PostSubject: Re: Joe Perry collapses on stage   Joe Perry collapses on stage Icon_minitimeMon Jul 11, 2016 2:39 pm

Aging rockers need to take it easy and slow down a bit. Hope he recovers fast.
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

PostSubject: Re: Joe Perry collapses on stage   Joe Perry collapses on stage Icon_minitimeMon Jul 11, 2016 3:31 pm

Ohhhh dang that sucks if thats what it is....

David Bowie suffered one during the Reality Tour during a show, I dont think he performed live again after that tour, so yeah Hope its something he can recover from.
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Joe Perry collapses on stage   Joe Perry collapses on stage Icon_minitimeMon Jul 11, 2016 4:14 pm

^^ Keep in mind, that's just the rumor mill talkin'. For all we know it could be something relatively benign.

Remember the dude is 65 years old, he was playing an outdoor gig in the middle of the summer, it could be as simple as dehydration or exhaustion.

Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28411

PostSubject: Re: Joe Perry collapses on stage   Joe Perry collapses on stage Icon_minitimeMon Jul 11, 2016 8:07 pm

Best wishes for a swift recovery.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Joe Perry collapses on stage   Joe Perry collapses on stage Icon_minitimeTue Aug 02, 2016 5:29 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
^^ Keep in mind, that's just the rumor mill talkin'. For all we know it could be something relatively benign.

Remember the dude is 65 years old, he was playing an outdoor gig in the middle of the summer, it could be as simple as dehydration or exhaustion.

Joe was back on tour with the Hollywood Vampires about a week ago, so it's unlikely that it was a rumored heart attack. Probably just exhaustion, dehydration, needed a cookie, whatever.

My guess was that he had just heard Steven's new album.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39466

PostSubject: Re: Joe Perry collapses on stage   Joe Perry collapses on stage Icon_minitimeTue Aug 02, 2016 7:27 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:

Joe was back on tour with the Hollywood Vampires about a week ago, so it's unlikely that it was a rumored heart attack. Probably just exhaustion, dehydration, needed a cookie, whatever.

😁
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Joe Perry collapses on stage   Joe Perry collapses on stage Icon_minitimeTue Aug 02, 2016 10:34 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:

You know MG, leave it to you to take a serious situation...

...and make me laugh. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Joe Perry collapses on stage   Joe Perry collapses on stage Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Joe Perry collapses on stage
Page 1 of 1