Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Cheap Trick stage collapses

Go down 
+12
Waylon
MetalGuy71
adrian
speed101
exact33
QuothTheRaven
Metallic Blaze
GrandNational
Required Fields
Fat Freddy
ultmetal
16 posters
AuthorMessage
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

Cheap Trick stage collapses Empty
PostSubject: Cheap Trick stage collapses   Cheap Trick stage collapses Icon_minitimeTue Jul 19, 2011 4:30 pm

Cheap Trick stage collapses Cheaptrick-bluesfest

Cheap Trick stage collapses 800_ap_ottawa_bluesfest_stage_collapse_110718_430241

Toronto — The main stage at Ottawa Bluesfest collapsed Sunday night during a Cheap Trick concert as a severe thunderstorm sent the musicians and thousands of fans running for cover. At least five people were injured, one seriously. Cheap Trick's band members got off the stage safely, but witnesses said they were thrown off their feet.
"Everyone is okay and we are so lucky to be alive and hope that all the fans are okay too," the band, best known for hits including "Surrender", "I Want You to Want Me" and "The Flame", said in a message posted on Facebook. Video of the Bluesfest site posted on YouTube within minutes of the storm's passing showed a stage that had crumpled and collapsed over electronic equipment. Twisted shards of metal jutted out from the stage, which stood several stories tall before it was destroyed.
Concert-goer Leanne Wilson said the stage slowly heaved backwards and caved in. "In less than 10 seconds it was gone," she said. "(Cheap Trick) were playing right until it fell. And then instantly everybody was just running and screaming. I was stunned, I'd never seen anything like that before at a concert."

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37644

PostSubject: Re: Cheap Trick stage collapses   Cheap Trick stage collapses Icon_minitimeTue Jul 19, 2011 4:31 pm

Ouch!
Looks like that was quite a mess:

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28438

PostSubject: Re: Cheap Trick stage collapses   Cheap Trick stage collapses Icon_minitimeTue Jul 19, 2011 4:52 pm

Quite the mess indeed. It's a good thing it fell backwards and not forwards.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Number of posts : 3830

PostSubject: Re: Cheap Trick stage collapses   Cheap Trick stage collapses Icon_minitimeTue Jul 19, 2011 4:57 pm

They should be called Cheap Stage
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Cheap Trick stage collapses   Cheap Trick stage collapses Icon_minitimeTue Jul 19, 2011 5:08 pm

"Dude, how was the Cheap Trick show last night?"
"I was blown away!"

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

Number of posts : 6497

PostSubject: Re: Cheap Trick stage collapses   Cheap Trick stage collapses Icon_minitimeTue Jul 19, 2011 5:10 pm

wow that kinda sucks ...

Back to top Go down
QuothTheRaven
Metal master
Metal master
QuothTheRaven

Number of posts : 874

PostSubject: Re: Cheap Trick stage collapses   Cheap Trick stage collapses Icon_minitimeTue Jul 19, 2011 5:34 pm

Geez, Mother Nature must not be a Cheap Trick fan!

Seriously, glad everyone in the band is okay. I hope those who were injured recovery quickly. It could have been so much worse.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39570

PostSubject: Re: Cheap Trick stage collapses   Cheap Trick stage collapses Icon_minitimeTue Jul 19, 2011 6:34 pm

Saw this on the news last night. Lucky more people weren't injured.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

PostSubject: Re: Cheap Trick stage collapses   Cheap Trick stage collapses Icon_minitimeTue Jul 19, 2011 7:01 pm

007 wrote:
Saw this on the news last night. Lucky more people weren't injured.

it would have been Great White, part 2

speed101
Metal master
Metal master
speed101

Number of posts : 516

PostSubject: Re: Cheap Trick stage collapses   Cheap Trick stage collapses Icon_minitimeTue Jul 19, 2011 8:14 pm

Glad it wasnt worse.
Back to top Go down
adrian
Metal master
Metal master
adrian

Number of posts : 994

PostSubject: Re: Cheap Trick stage collapses   Cheap Trick stage collapses Icon_minitimeTue Jul 19, 2011 10:30 pm

A friend of mine was at this show in the front row. He was pretty disappointed since he was there to see Satriani who hadn't played yet. Still, lucky it wasn't worse
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Cheap Trick stage collapses   Cheap Trick stage collapses Icon_minitimeWed Jul 20, 2011 10:00 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
"I was blown away!"

They brought the house down.

Cheap Trick stage collapses Rim-shot-johnny-utah

Metal graduate
Metal graduate

Number of posts : 305

PostSubject: Re: Cheap Trick stage collapses   Cheap Trick stage collapses Icon_minitimeWed Jul 20, 2011 12:45 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
"I was blown away!"

I would have to say that BLOWS!!!
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

PostSubject: Re: Cheap Trick stage collapses   Cheap Trick stage collapses Icon_minitimeWed Jul 20, 2011 1:58 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
"I was blown away!"

lol!
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Cheap Trick stage collapses   Cheap Trick stage collapses Icon_minitimeMon Aug 15, 2011 2:35 pm

Another stage collapse happened @ a Sugarland concert at the Indiana State Fairgrounds this past weekend... four people were killed. Damn.

Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Cheap Trick stage collapses   Cheap Trick stage collapses Icon_minitimeMon Aug 15, 2011 3:05 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Another stage collapse happened @ a Sugarland concert at the Indiana State Fairgrounds this past weekend... four people were killed. Damn.

Been watching this one on the news. It's up to 5 people know, or at least that is what is being reported.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: Cheap Trick stage collapses   Cheap Trick stage collapses Icon_minitimeMon Aug 15, 2011 9:15 pm

I was in Indy over the weekend (visiting family). Needless to say, the news coverage was intense the rest of that night and well into the morning. I actually saw Def Leppard w/Europe at the state fair there at that exact same locale back in 1988.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

PostSubject: Re: Cheap Trick stage collapses   Cheap Trick stage collapses Icon_minitimeMon Aug 15, 2011 9:18 pm

that is a tragedy but it was great to see people working together to help those in need.

A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: Cheap Trick stage collapses   Cheap Trick stage collapses Icon_minitimeThu Aug 18, 2011 5:44 pm

Holy crap, another one!

I don't think I have ever heard of this happening so often if at all except in these last few months.

Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Cheap Trick stage collapses   Cheap Trick stage collapses Icon_minitimeThu Aug 18, 2011 8:11 pm

That's why it's a good idea to investigate on the safety of those concert stages at fairs. These things seem to have a history with accidents.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cheap Trick stage collapses   Cheap Trick stage collapses Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Cheap Trick stage collapses
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: